/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hey all!

-S-
01-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Salams all

Late Eid Mubarak to you guys i know its very very late but sorry :?

Just had a few things in mind related to the performance of The Discussion forum

I've noticed that images are enabled on Signatures, i been chceking the server loads lately and found that loading up images is having an effect of the speed of the forum overall which makes it a tad slower for both users as well as general performance..so i suggest if anyone feel this is ok to disable images from signatures i.e no images can be used for normal users on their signatures

we got this same rule over at ummah.com where we have completey disabled images from signatures and have introudcted premium membership for those that want..they pay something like £10 per year or £1 per month or so and get to have images on their signature..bigger inbox....large capacity highlighted name etc etc and all that fancy stuff

What do you guys think
ws

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
01-03-2008, 04:40 PM
wa'Alaykum Salaam wa-Rahmatullaah!

format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
i been chceking the server loads lately and found that loading up images is having an effect of the speed of the forum overall which makes it a tad slower for both users as well as general performance..
Does that only apply to the signature images uploaded onto the IslamicBoard server? Or also applies to people having images (which are uploaded on other places i.e. imageshack) and placing them in their sigantures? Or it is both?

-S-
01-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Salams

it would be both!

MartyrX
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Well I don't have an avatar but plan on adding one someday. I would pay an annual fee for a few extra benefits. Not to mention adding to my Zakat.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
Well I don't have an avatar but plan on adding one someday. I would pay an annual fee for a few extra benefits. Not to mention adding to my Zakat.
Oh no, oh no

Am too tight, Add some more advertisements Loool - Maybe at the bottom away from my eyes,

By the way, spelling errors on your advertisement at the top, but by far the best one I seen on Li so far, the rest are really inappropriate and dodgy.

Peace.

MartyrX
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Oh no, oh no

Am too tight, Add some more advertisements Loool - Maybe at the bottom away from my eyes,

By the way, spelling errors on your advertisement at the top, but by far the best one I seen on Li so far, the rest are really inappropriate and dodgy.

Peace.
Too many chances for virus or spyware infiltration if you open up to too many advertisements.

-S-
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
well the banners we take we will make sure they dont contain spyware or anything

anyway we gonna be bringing in something called "Make Money from Islamicboard" for users

chance for you guys to earn $$$ from affiliate,membership signups, refferals etc so keep an eye out inshallah!

any more opinions?

snakelegs
01-04-2008, 12:51 AM
i just found this most beautiful leopard and i now have the greatest siggy on the forum!
and you want to eat my leopard? :raging:
seriously, have you had complaints about the forum being too slow?

syilla
01-04-2008, 01:00 AM
i don't mind if you want to disable it :)

How to pay it if you don't have any credit cards :hiding: ?

p/s:- we used to have this kind of thing in another forum...but ppl start to get angry and they said it is unfair and all that. Then they have to temporary close the forum. But Alhamdulillah there was this rich guy bought the forum and nobody has to pay anything...and the forum still live till today. Probably you really have to consider really hard about this paying stuffs...and maybe you can make a system that it'll be easy for people to donate especially for those who don't have credit cards or pay pall. How about tt to islamicboard account?

-S-
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i just found this most beautiful leopard and i now have the greatest siggy on the forum!
and you want to eat my leopard? :raging:
seriously, have you had complaints about the forum being too slow?
yeh had a few people complaining its too slow

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i don't mind if you want to disable it :)

How to pay it if you don't have any credit cards :hiding: ?

p/s:- we used to have this kind of thing in another forum...but ppl start to get angry and they said it is unfair and all that. Then they have to temporary close the forum. But Alhamdulillah there was this rich guy bought the forum and nobody has to pay anything...and the forum still live till today. Probably you really have to consider really hard about this paying stuffs...and maybe you can make a system that it'll be easy for people to donate especially for those who don't have credit cards or pay pall. How about tt to islamicboard account?
Well if people dont have cards / paypal or anything else im sure there are other ways i.e postal orders etc...it also helps run the cost of the boards cos islamicboard is projected to fund its ownself - we do have overall other projects but each project needs to fund itself at the moment cost around $130 per month to run this place..so anything else generated thru that would be a bonus..

yeh ill put up a donation button or something ..

No one really has to pay anything everything else u have at the moment will remain just a few things i.e images signatures etc that may have to be implemented since its a factor that can affect forum performance aswell!

wilberhum
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I have no problem with a small fee but:
1) How do I pay and protect my privacy?
2) How are you going to tell who has paid and who hasn’t?

Abdul-Raouf
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
No problem for me... u can disable images in my siggy.

------
01-04-2008, 01:58 PM
:salamext:

But won't this mean that some people have a better status than others?

Where is the equality in that?

tomtomsmom
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't use images so it won't really affect me either way. But I do have to say, I think there is enough whining and complaining about new members needing 50 posts to be full members that another thing added such as this is going to turn people off from this site. Like you aren't a "real" member unless you pay for it. I think it will take away from the community and harbor bad feelings between paying members and non-paying members. But that is just my 2 cents.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-04-2008, 02:28 PM
i can emphasis with all the comments made here...
i think having a 'donation' feature might be usefull, i myself would have no problem giving a donation once or twice a year if it would help the site to maintain a happy medium as it is now, however i also think donators should be left anonymous as so not to get special treatment etc... hence leaving equality in place

guyabano
01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum

a good point ! Paying by Paypal or whatever Credit Institute
will reveal your identity, specially on forums.
I would not pay. Anyway, I have no signature pic, and I never planned to have one.

-S-
01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
2) How are you going to tell who has paid and who hasn’t?
If we do go ahead you will hve options to pay thru paypal / Card / Postal Order..regarding privacy its the same with buying anything else online any online goods whatever you reveal will be the same only to the vendo
We got a system in place that audits whose paid and who hasnt can easily implement this vbulletin has this feature

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

But won't this mean that some people have a better status than others?

Where is the equality in that?
Not neccesarily its to do with becoming premium member if u become member then you have more features then someone else - the same with anything else if you go and buy say for example Car Breakdown cover you have different levels of membership. it works on that same basis.

format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I don't use images so it won't really affect me either way. But I do have to say, I think there is enough whining and complaining about new members needing 50 posts to be full members that another thing added such as this is going to turn people off from this site. Like you aren't a "real" member unless you pay for it. I think it will take away from the community and harbor bad feelings between paying members and non-paying members. But that is just my 2 cents.
Again the real member thing its not the case......Premium members will have additional features such as "@islamicboard email address if they want.. a Free Gift and that sorta stuff more PM space larger signature space..at the moment what normal members have will remain with teh exception of possibly signature images and few other stuff which ill have to change but there wont be much things taken away..

format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
i can emphasis with all the comments made here...
i think having a 'donation' feature might be usefull, i myself would have no problem giving a donation once or twice a year if it would help the site to maintain a happy medium as it is now, however i also think donators should be left anonymous as so not to get special treatment etc... hence leaving equality in place

If people wnat to donate they can donate anonymously

Theres a difference between donating and becoming a premium member

-S-
01-04-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
a good point ! Paying by Paypal or whatever Credit Institute
will reveal your identity, specially on forums.
I would not pay. Anyway, I have no signature pic, and I never planned to have one.

No it wont reveal ur identity on the forum..if u decide to become a premium member u jsut pay with whatever means and u keep the same username..nothing will reveal ur identity.to anyone

only the Vendor which will be us (Muslimdot) the one that does processing will see your details not even the moderators on this board will know who you are.like i mentioned same with buying online goods only vendors see it no one else

guyabano
01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
No it wont reveal ur identity on the forum..if u decide to become a premium member u jsut pay with whatever means and u keep the same username..nothing will reveal ur identity.to anyone

only the Vendor which will be us (Muslimdot) the one that does processing will see your details not even the moderators on this board will know who you are.like i mentioned same with buying online goods only vendors see it no one else
ok, thanks for the clarifying. In that case, I would support the forum, by a donation, or call it premium Member, even though, an signature pics doesn't interest me.

MartyrX
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
Really I haven't seen that. I have to admit that is kind of restricting but its not hard to get fifty posts.

I can see where people are coming from with the concerns about paying. But its not like you're paying to post you just get a few extra features which shouldn't cause any riff between members.

adeeb
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
i absolutely disagree, with this paying things...

just tell the people not to give picture on signature...

there will be a lot of differences among the forum members... and that won't be good, i think...

-S-
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Salams
ok thanks for the feedback we decided that we are going to be implementing this in the next few days inshallah

There wont be any changes whatsoever except disabling images from Signatures, everything else will be the same apart from that,

What we will do is those that want banners or images on signature will be able to subscribe to premium membership along with a host of other features that they will get access to..

but everything else will be the same inshallah!

jzcasejz
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
^ OK, fair enough! :D

The Ruler
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
What we will do is those that want banners or images on signature will be able to subscribe to premium membership along with a host of other features that they will get access to..
I was wondering what those "other features" were. Could you give our poor heads an idea please?

Khayal
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
:sl: Brother

I have not had any problems with the page loading slowly or anything. I like my signature with images. I am sure many like me would not be able to pay for a premium membership by mail or online or anything. I like the site the way it is and do not want anything fancy. It works fine the way it is now, so why fix what isn't broken?

How about you take donations from those who can give them, but keep the site the way it is now?

Just please keep the site the way it is now.

:w:
Salams all

Just had a few things in mind related to the performance of The Discussion forum

I've noticed that images are enabled on Signatures, i been chceking the server loads lately and found that loading up images is having an effect of the speed of the forum overall which makes it a tad slower for both users as well as general performance..so i suggest if anyone feel this is ok to disable images from signatures i.e no images can be used for normal users on their signatures

we got this same rule over at ummah.com where we have completey disabled images from signatures and have introudcted premium membership for those that want..they pay something like £10 per year or £1 per month or so and get to have images on their signature..bigger inbox....large capacity highlighted name etc etc and all that fancy stuff

What do you guys think
ws

sur
01-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Salams all

What do you guys think
ws
this the ONLY religion related forum I've seen that doesn't let u ""Discuss" & still want u to pay :thumbs_do

jzcasejz
01-16-2008, 07:41 AM
^ You don't have to pay!

------
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM

Personally, I don't think this is right.

-S-
01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
this the ONLY religion related forum I've seen that doesn't let u ""Discuss" & still want u to pay :thumbs_do
no one mentioned anything about Paying so no idea where you got that from

would help if you read the thread then comment

:hiding:

guyabano
02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Salams
ok thanks for the feedback we decided that we are going to be implementing this in the next few days inshallah

There wont be any changes whatsoever except disabling images from Signatures, everything else will be the same apart from that,

but everything else will be the same inshallah!
Good Idea. This forum looks more like a 'who-has-the-most-beautiful-signature-contest'. Please disable these signatures, so I can see again where is the important text.

Peace

------
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM

No. Just cause u dont like pictures, doesn't mean other people don't. Sheesh. I don't like this thread AT ALL. :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!