/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did you finish reading Tafsir?

Ghira
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Anyone Finish reading Tafsir Ibn Kathir? Well, what can you say it is most respected tafsir in the world till the DOJ.

I am currently reading Ma'ariful Quran by Maulana Mufti Muhammad Shafi and I thought it is great Tafsir. Has anyone finished reading that. I would like to hear your thoughts and what you think about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
01-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Post approved

ed209
01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Anyone Finish reading Tafsir Ibn Kathir? Well, what can you say it is most respected tafsir in the world till the DOJ.
excuse me,what is DOJ?

Souljette
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
ye one question wht is DOJ and Tafsir Ibn Kathir i'm reading it the 10th part..bt i strted it like dat cuz frm shortest to long surahs..and i'm almst done the 10th part..nd i put sum hadith here bt i dnt knw if the moderators apprved it ..nyways salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
:salamext:

DOJ - Day of Judgement

I would recommend Ibn Kathir's Tafsir :)

ed209
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM
thx,sis.i downloaded Ibn Kathir's tafsir.i will read it as long as i have time.BTW,may any sis or bro recommend other tafsirs with english translation?

Souljette
01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
i have the books of tafsir ibn kathir and their english..abridged

Ghira
01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Good to here some people have finished or almost finished reading tafsir Ibn Kathir.

The good thing about Ma'ariful Quran is that it has excerpts from Ibn Kathir and other major late scholars of tafsir (Qurtubi, Tabari). This particular scholar was aware of those famous tafasir and included some of their important comments when needed. It is translated from the Urdu to English and I feel that the English is weak. I think it is good because Ibn Kathir strictly follows the pattern of explaining from Quran, Sunnah, Companions, Scholars...which is great...Ma'ariful Quran tafsir does the same as well but some verses need explaining of when it was revealed and it provides an explanation of a particular hadith.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.