/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Salah...

Pk_#2
01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Bismillah-Ir-Rahman-Ir-Raheem,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

You know when you are doing salah right, do you gotta cover your feet, like wear socks or sutin?

Yeah just tell me please am really confused I never heard of this until recently, Oh yeah and post dhaleel or I will be even more confused,

JazakAllahu khairun in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
:sl:

This should help inshaallah:

As for the face, the Sunnah is to uncover it during prayer, so long as no non-mahram men are present. According to the majority of scholars, the feet must be covered; some scholars allow uncovering the feet but the majority say the opposite. Abu Dawud reported from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she was asked about a woman who prayed in a khimaar and qamees (dress or gown). She said, "There is nothing wrong with it if the dir’ (chemise) covers her feet." In any case, it is better to cover the feet, to be on the safe side. As far as the hands are concerned, there is more leeway: there is nothing wrong with either covering them or uncovering them, although some scholars think that it is better to cover them. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=1046&ln=eng

(Please note that the author considers niqaab to be compulsory, but it doesn't he information about the feet.)

Pk_#2
01-06-2008, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

This should help inshaallah:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=1046&ln=eng

(Please note that the author considers niqaab to be compulsory, but it doesn't he information about the feet.)
#

WalaykumSalaam,

I don't trust Islam q/a..

What is Dir?

Jazakillah Khair sis,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

------
01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
:salamext:

Therefore, a woman must cover herself properly when performing Salat. Everything besides the face, hands and feet must be covered. The face must be covered properly so that no hair is exposed. Also, care should be taken that no part from above the wrists and ankles is exposed.
Source

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
:salamext:

Source
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah,

Isn't that for the dudes/brothers?

JazakiAllahu khair, but I'm just asking because the ankles should not be exposed right?

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Malaikah
01-07-2008, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
I don't trust Islam q/a..

Why not? The are single handedly the most recommended fatwa website by many students of knowledge.

You don't have to follow their opinion, but if they tell you that the majority of scholars follow X opinion, they aren't lying to you.

maniadoc
01-07-2008, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Why not? The are single handedly the most recommended fatwa website by many students of knowledge.

You don't have to follow their opinion, but if they tell you that the majority of scholars follow X opinion, they aren't lying to you.
Islam is NOT based on "opinions"(Fatwas).
Islam is based on Quran & Sunnah.
If Fatwas are logically backed by Quran & Sunnah/Hadith then fine otherwise Fatwa is just a Bid'at(adding in religion from your own).

If Quran or Hadith clearly says covering feet is mandatory then it is.
If Mr.Fatwa has tried to twist & turn to arrive at conclusion that covering feet is required then it's nothing more than muftee's personal preferance.

Malaikah
01-07-2008, 07:25 AM

Brother, fatwa does not mean opinion, it means verdict. The verdicts of the scholar are based on the evidence from the Quran and sunnah. Some times the evidence is not black and white, and it can be interpreted differently, in that case the verdict of the scholar is their opinion on the matter. If they get it wrong they are not blamed for that.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Islam is NOT based on "opinions"(Fatwas).
Islam is based on Quran & Sunnah.
If Fatwas are logically backed by Quran & Sunnah/Hadith then fine otherwise Fatwa is just a Bid'at(adding in religion from your own).
If Quran or Hadith clearly says covering feet is mandatory then it is.
If Mr.Fatwa has tried to twist & turn to arrive at conclusion that covering feet is required then it's nothing more than muftee's personal preferance.
well, does that then give me the licence than to go around issing my own fawtas, yet i have no knowledge of what the real meanings and proper contexts of the verses or hadiths are. *rolls eyes* just because ive read a few hadiths/verses, doesnt give me the right to go aound and issue fatwas. you ned to look at these things in context, and thats what our scholars do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.