/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about verse 39, Surat Al-Zumarٌ

Ummu Sufyaan
01-09-2008, 08:43 AM
:sl:

"وقالوا الحمد لله الذي صدقنا وعده وأورثنا"
YUSUFALI: They will say: "Praise be to Allah, Who has truly fulfilled His Promise to us, and has given us (this) land in heritage
As far as i understand, hertiage implies that it belonged to someone else. For example when someone passes away, another inherites their belongings, etc. Now, my logic tells me (based on the above verse) that the Jannah belongs to someone already. If my reasoning is correct, who have the inhabitants of Jannah inhertied Jannah from? i.e who did it/who does it belong to?

please provide daleels.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
munssif
01-14-2008, 08:41 AM
REALLY we can't say anything just reading the translation, we should learn Arabic, in which the QURAN WAS REVEALED.
BUT, I HOPE U WILL get an answer to yopur question after reading this translation.

39:74 And they will exclaim: “All praise is due to God, who has made His promise to us come true, and has bestowed upon us this expanse [of bliss] as our portion, so that we may dwell in paradise as we please!” And how excellent a reward will it be for those who laboured [in God’s way]!

Ummu Sufyaan
01-14-2008, 08:59 AM
REALLY we can't say anything just reading the translation, we should learn Arabic, in which the QURAN WAS REVEALED.
I was originally refering to the arabic word.

munssif
01-14-2008, 09:40 AM
i hope u got the answer to your question, because it clearly speaks regarding your problem as it is for those who Sacrifises their life in ALLAH's way before us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sur
01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Dwellers of Jannat WILL say this that God possessed this Jannah & now HE gave it to us like someone inherits to others.

So Jannah belong to ALLAH & HE will inherit it to righteous. It is NOT necessary for one to die in order to inherit, one can give away his property etc during his lifetime. So Allah is eternally living & will give away Jannah to righteous.

AvarAllahNoor
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11

"وقالوا الحمد لله الذي صدقنا وعده وأورثنا"

As far as i understand, hertiage implies that it belonged to someone else. For example when someone passes away, another inherites their belongings, etc. Now, my logic tells me (based on the above verse) that the Jannah belongs to someone already. If my reasoning is correct, who have the inhabitants of Jannah inhertied Jannah from? i.e who did it/who does it belong to?

please provide daleels.
I'm no muslim, but to me it would seem Jannat belongs to God, no?

chacha_jalebi
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
i think jannah belongs to Allah (swt) innit and the pious people whom who choses, like the hoors and stuff

and when it means land in heritage i think i think, its like Allah saying the people will say thanks to Allah (swt) for giving them a space in jannah innit . . .

allah hu alim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.