/* */

PDA

View Full Version : CREATOR HYPOTHESIS - Real Science Too!

Science101
01-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Hi everyone!

After the forum was kinda closed for Ramadan I went back to work on new science for everyone, and as always of any religion, because real science bridges all. Know you'll like this one!

I'm posting the below in a number of "Intelligent Design" and religion forums and science groups via email. Now, the ID movement is challenged to do the science they said they could or look really bad being dusted by us! It's like the Sputnik satellite sent into space by Russia started a competiton that got the US to the Moon. I'm using ID in that way, to send science like this into orbit.

Already had scientists who hate ID help defend this hypothesis with me, so this is real science. There is also a link to the journal my cell membrane experiment I previously posted here appears in, but costs 99 cents to read unless you're a member of the National Science Teacher Association.

And of course all here invited to suggest changes to the hypothesis! I find it like walking in the shoes of prophet Muhammad.

Here's the message being sent around:

--------------------------------------

The "Creator Hypothesis" is now ready for Creationists/ID'ers to finish. I am putting very real, publishable science, the Discovery Institute could have had, right in front of everyone, so all see how ridiculous bashing Darwin while claiming to have science, really is. Problem is like scientists have been saying, ID has no science. But we do...

I'm not going to finish it, so ID'ers have to help, or it doesn't get published. Leave a reply to this topic with suggested changes, if you want to participate. All are credited. And coming from ID'ers will actually make scientists MORE interested in reading it.

Note: The "Amen" is not part of the science.

------------------------------------------------------------

CREATOR HYPOTHESIS - Version #3

ABSTRACT

We have faith in an entity called "creator" which science can only evidence that is firmly grounded in reason and can stand on it's own scientific merit. Here we evidence an entity we shall call "creator" which works using forces as a scientifically verifiable intelligence that exist in matter.

DISCUSSION

We are each like one cell in a colony communicating like brain cells do which forms a collective intelligence that makes the entire colony move in response to environment, the criteria for an intelligent system. For example look down from space at a Florida shoreline just before a hurricane hits and the colony of humans that cover the surface move away from the ocean before it even arrives then the mass goes back when conditions are again favorable. We act as one.

Studying intelligence down to the molecular level is a very academic, useful science.(1,5) The known levels are atom-molecule-cell-organism-biosphere.(2)

There could be a collective consciousness formed at more than just the organism level, but we don't know how consciousness works so more science is expected.

Abiogenesis is dependant of forces.(3,4)

If there was a big bang then the creator is whatever caused it. It expanded with the universe or is larger than it. We're inside the expansion. So we're one with the creator and/or its creation.(1,2,3,4,5)

Amen...(6)

CREDITS

Roytheman (ID, Syracuse) for first sentence framework, hexidecimal (Sci., Pennsylvania) review version #1, KCFS (Sci., Kansas),

FURTHER READING

1) "Intelligence 101 + Free Intelligence Detection Lab"

http://www.kcfs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=692

2) "Science To Believe In"

http://members.aol.com/fromscience/

3) Origin of life is more the result of "forces" than "random accident" as shown in this experiment that demonstrates how cell membranes self-assemble.

http://members.aol.com/fromscience/e...lmembrane.html

4) NSTA members: "Demonstrating the Self-Assembly of the Cell Membrane"

http://www.nsta.org/store/product_de...st07_074_07_72

5) Interesting Cell Intelligence presentation:

http://www.basic.northwestern.edu/g-...r/cellint0.htm

6) For clergy "SUNDAY SERMON - CREATIVE FORCE"

http://www.evolutionisdead.com/forum...opic.php?t=570

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_Cena
10-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Science i like your work mate.

keep this up becuase i do think that science is missing something and that is religion, a creator in our terms, lol anyways keep up the good work.:D:D:D

Trumble
10-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry, but I really don't see any science there.

We are each like one cell in a colony communicating like brain cells do which forms a collective intelligence that makes the entire colony move in response to environment, the criteria for an intelligent system. For example look down from space at a Florida shoreline just before a hurricane hits and the colony of humans that cover the surface move away from the ocean before it even arrives then the mass goes back when conditions are again favorable. We act as one.
That's a poetic metaphor (which I'm not even sure is particularly apt) followed by statement that is patently false, at least as a truism - how many counter-examples can you think of to "we act as one" in 30 seconds, folks?

There could be a collective consciousness formed at more than just the organism level, but we don't know how consciousness works so more science is expected.
There could be. Or not. This is philosophy, not science. Nothing wrong with that, of course. If you wish to pursue this route I strongly suggest you read David Chalmers' The Conscious Mind and, of course, the most important responses to it.

If there was a big bang then the creator is whatever caused it. It expanded with the universe or is larger than it. We're inside the expansion. So we're one with the creator and/or its creation
Only if you define 'creator' that way in which case, of course, it must be true. I'm not at all sure that it follows logically that being inside something necessarily involves being 'one' with it? I am currently sitting inside my house, but don't consider myself so!

You also seem to be straying dangerously close to suggesting some sort of pantheism here? I may be well off the mark, and if so please forgive my ignorance, but I thought any talk of 'being one' with God was generally frowned upon in mainstream Islam?

doorster
10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
We're inside the expansion. So we're one with the creator and/or its creation
that bit scared me too

it seems like you are saying that creator is inside the creation thus you are one with him, forgive me for not reading the entire article (or if I am misunderstanding it) since I opened the thread on Trumble's post and my eye just caught sight of >> "We're inside the expansion. So we're one with the creator"

I, not being a scientist, am willing to take his word (perhaps an assumption on my part?) that this post is a mishmash of philosophy and pantheism

<Snip>

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
10-04-2008, 11:46 AM
One more thing;

the entire colony move in response to environment, the criteria for an intelligent system
I would be very wary of a (let alone 'the') criteria for an intelligent system being one that would admit some bacteria but exclude a HAL 9000-like computer, that old philosophical favourite the 'brain in a vat' or, more practically, simply a physically paralysed human being?

Science101
10-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Ali_Cena!

The Creator Hypothesis was good practice for me. You (or anyone) are welcome to work on the hypothesis. It always needs work, in case someone wants to try. Where I left off is here:

http://creator-hypothesis.blogspot.com/

And thank you for your input Trumble and Doorster! I have more information covered by the theory to better explain what is more like communication. We come from the Creator without the Creator having left us.

I also have to agree that the hypothesis is very philosophical. It contains scientific facts, yet is attempting to answer a philosophical True/False question. As in consciousness, science will discover new facts so that part is scientific. But it is here demonstrating what it looks like when it is true that science is evidence for a Creator.

format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Quote:
That's a poetic metaphor (which I'm not even sure is particularly apt) followed by statement that is patently false, at least as a truism - how many counter-examples can you think of to "we act as one" in 30 seconds, folks?
A better example (now used in explaining the theory) is a school of fish. It is now a common example used by scientists to explain "emergence" where many smaller entities come together to form a new single entity of unique behavior. Something that startles one of the fish can cause the entire school to almost immediately react to its actions. The other fish do not even see what they are reacting to. Shape of the school is caused by each fish trying to stay safe and comfortable in the group they belong. No single fish plans out where the others must go. School behavior is the result of cumulative behavior. They communicate what is needed to form the school but need no words to do so.

The cells that make our bodies are like the fish. Some cells attach to each other while others live swimming around in the blood or rolling on surface of blood vessel lining with current. All together they form an entity that keeps them safe and comfortable. On our level our behavior is the same way from cellular behavior.

Hopefully that will better explain what I was trying to say. By being what is created we are part of the Creator. If this were not true then it would be impossible for a mechanism to exist to allow prayers to be received. There has to be something that connects us, so that we may somehow communicate something. Creator would otherwise be detached from what happens on this planet unable to do what is in its power to do to help us. I search for such connections, because they lead to other connections that keeps the search for the Creator going further into science.

Here is where I am with the science. All effort is now focused on the theory:

Theory of Intelligent Design (Version 3.7)

The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause _ mechanism where predictability of subatomic particle/energy behavior produces emergent atoms which produces emergent molecules which produces emergent cells which produces emergent multicellular organisms like us. Forces (bonding, polar) self-assemble cell membranes and crystalline designs where molecular behavior produces simple snowflakes to the highly complex genome catalyzed ATP synthase and flagellum motors. Simple starter mechanisms include short wave UV sunlight powering clay/dust/mineral semiconductor crystals to take part in the Reverse Krebs Cycle assembly line that takes the Carbon atom from CO2 gas giving off O2 to build a series of molecules one carbon atom at a time then when as large as can be it breaks in half forming two identical molecules where both could go around again to become four then eight on up in this molecular replication that forms the core metabolic cycle of a cell that produces the starting molecules needed to self-assemble cellular components for a self-organizing genome with RNA/DNA based memory with environment sensitive trial and error self-learning producing two main types of intelligence either the moment to moment cellular intelligence of the cell itself (stem cell migration then differentiation, somatic hypermutation) or the genetic intelligence where successful responses remain in memory in the population keep going the billions year old cycle of life that through continual reproduction of previous state of genetic memory with modification one step at a time builds upon a previous morphological design as is evidenced by the fossil record where never once was there not a predecessor of like morphological design present for the descendant design to have come from.

New designs at the multicellular level are in part guided by what the organism itself intelligently finds desirable in the variety available to select as a mate. Examples include the peacocks where females selecting the largest most attractive tail design, led to males with brilliant displays, even though this makes it more difficult to fly from predators. In humans the looks of "sex symbols" sometimes computer enhanced to represent the conscious ideals not yet common in our morphology.

Occasionally, chromosome complexity increases when two entire chromosomes fuse at opposite ends to become one. This has made humans unique among its kind where such a fusion makes a total of 46 chromosomes, instead of the 48 of all great apes. Here, a parent passed to offspring a fused copy in one of the two parental gametes, to birth a being with 47 chromosomes. That fusion then passed into the population where the fusion would then on occasion have the fusion in both gametes to make the first 46 chromosome beings. From a man and woman both with 46 (fusion in both gametes) could only come 46 chromosome offspring, us.

http://scientific-design-theory.blogspot.com/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.