/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

rph105
01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Ok, I'm in the process of learning about Islam, hope all goes well inshallah!:okay:

I'm a Christian and I believe I share alot of similar beliefs to the average Muslim, and I do believe they are a very similar religion.

Could anyone tell me what Muslims believe which is different to what a Christian like me would believe? (I know that Muslims dont believe in Jesus being the son of god)

1. How do you give yourself to Allah? is there a process?

2. How do you become a good Muslim

3. Does the Quran contain something similar to the Ten Commandments

4. Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone explain why is Islam beautiful?

Thanks, sorry if i sound ignorant

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
01-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Post approved. I have moved the thread here. welcome to the forum.

Muslim Woman
01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by rph105
Ok.......... why is Islam beautiful?

InshaAllah ( God Willing ) i will ans later ..now feeling sleepy.

In the meantime u may enjoy the video ...i did not see it ..title is interesting :)

WHY 20000 Americans convert to Islam annually?

http://www.youtubeislam.com/view_vid...afc30c9212ccdd

http://www.youtubeislam.com/

Souljette
01-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Well ...Hi and I know many others could answer these questions better than me but I'll give a go at it...and give some small pointers while others can give you the specifics..

The belief of Islam is that there is no God but Allah (S.W.T) and he has no son, no daughters, no parents, and he is alone in creating everything..It is veryy important for us to believe this as this what the religion is all about. Now, in Christianity, there are many groups who believe certain things but nevertheless they tend to say that Jesus is son of god, or god itself..but in Islam it clearly states that Isa (A.S) like Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) was a messenger to tell the people about the religion.

Surah 19. Maryam. Ayah 30.
"He [Isa(Jesus)] said: "Verily, I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

Well, if your talking about being a Muslim then it is merely taking Shahadah...La ilaha illallah Muhammad-ar Rasullullah...Which means There is no God but Allah and Muhammad(S.A.W) is his Messenger....You have to take a shower first and then take Shahadah and believe in it...If you can go into a masjid and tell the IMam and he will help you take the Shahadah and have witnesses there as well...bt if it is really hard you can take the shahadah in your house with the help of websites and so forth which other brothers and sisters i'm sure will help you wit..

Now, becoming a good Muslim, You have to be willing to learn about Islam...You have to pray 5 times a day..Prayer for us Muslims is a direct communication with Allah (S.W.T). This for you is a must...its the 2nd pillar of Islam... You fast during the months of Ramadan and other months as well if you want to but In Ramadan its a must..the reason we have this month is to feel the pain that others less fortunate than us feel everyday...Now, being a good Muslim we have to represent ourselves through speech, behaviour, and everything we do in our daily lives... We believe that Islam is a way of life..not jst part of life...in other words we live Islam..Believing in the last day is also one of the pillars of Islam as well as believing in the Books, the angels and everything that Allah S.W.T has created..giving charity to the poor is another pillar of Islam..Thease are the pillars of Islam..1.Shahadah 2. Salat(Prayer) 3. Belief in angels, book, messengers and last day. 4. Zakah..5.Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)...As you go through this forum you will learn alot more as many have the same questions you have and many have had them answered...

I don't know about this so I will let someone else answer this...

As you go through this forum you will yourself begin to realize why Islam is beautiful...bt Islam reallyy why we seem to believe Islam is beautiful is because..Allah(S.W.T) tells us to treat each other equally..tells us to free the slaves, tells us to give charity to the poor, tells us to be thankful to our Lord as he is giving us everything, tells us to be strong no matter what calamity afflicts us as after hardship there is always relief, tells us that life is hard but the Hereafter is going to be good if we work for it inshallah...

1:293

“O boy! I will teach you words (so learn them). Be mindful of Allah and He will protect you, be mindful of Allah and He will be on your side. If you ask, ask Allah, and if you seek help, seek it from Allah. Know that if the Ummah gather their strength to bring you benefit, they will never bring you benefit, except that which Allah has decreed for you. Know that if they gather their strength to harm you, they will never harm you, except with that which Allah has decreed against you. The pens have been raised and the pages are dry.”

Allah (S.W.T) has helped us realize many things ...scientifically and generally that Islam helps us in many ways...

“Have We not made the earth as a bed, And the mountains as pegs? And We have created you in pairs. And We have made you sleep as a thing for rest. And We have made the night as a covering, And We have made the day for livelihood.” (Surah 78, 6-11)

“And among His signs is this that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy.” (30:21)

Surah Infitar
“A person will know what he has sent forward and left behind. O man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the Most Generous? Who created you, fashioned you perfectly, and gave you due proportion. In whatever form He willed, He put you together.” (Ayah 5-8)

I hope i have helped you ...I've tried..if I have offended you in any way forgive me it was highly unintentional and no you weren't ignorant and I hope I haven't said anything wrong..Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Salaam/peace;

I'm a Christian and I believe I share alot of similar beliefs to the average Muslim, and I do believe they are a very similar religion.

you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is because there are priests and monks among them and because they do not behave proudly.

Quran , chapter 5 , verse 82 [5.82]

Could anyone tell me what Muslims believe which is different to what a Christian like me would believe?
Say: He, God, is One.
God is He on Whom all depend.

He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And none is like Him.

chapter 112

Muslims worship God Almighty only , worshipping human being or angels or any creation is prohibited ...it's considered as the most major sin in Islam. So , we believe , Chrisitians are committing shirk/blashphemy by calling Jesus (p) God & praying to him.

--we bow down to HIM only , we surrendered our wills to Him . If u r asking about prayers , then we do it 5 times daily.... We can do more prayers but 5 times is a must . We do it before sunrise , at noon , afternoon , at evening & at night ( usually before midnight).

---by surrendered completety to the wills of God.

---ummmm ...don't remember all the 10 commandments. Quran prohibits blasphemy, lieing , cheating , adultery , killing etc. so u may say that ya something similar to the 10 C are there in Quran.

--because God chosen Islam as the religion for the whole mankind . Previous Prophets (pbut ) & holy books came for the specific time & people only .

The Family of Imran

Surely the (true) religion with God is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of God then surely God is quick in reckoning.

[3.19]

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

[3.85]

sorry if i sound ignorant
nope

ask more questions if u have any confusion

sur
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok, I'm in the process of learning about Islam, hope all goes well inshallah!:okay:

Could anyone tell me what Muslims believe which is different to what a Christian like me would believe? (I know that Muslims dont believe in Jesus being the son of god)

FONT="Georgia"]1. How do you give yourself to Allah? is there a process?
By following HIS commands & recommendations.

same answer as above.

YES. It does; but they r more than 10 :) :-
Quran:17:22 onwards.
[17:022] (1)Take not with God another to worship; or thou (O man!) wilt sit in disgrace and destitution.[017:023] Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that (2)ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.[017:024] And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."[017:025] Your Lord knoweth best what is in your hearts: If ye do deeds of righteousness, verily He is Most Forgiving to those who turn to Him again and again (in true penitence).[017:026] (3)And render to the kindred their due rights, as (also) to those in want, and to the wayfarer: But (4)squander not (your wealth) in the manner of aspendthrift.[017:027] Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (himself) ungrateful.[017:028] And even if thou hast to turn away from them in pursuit of the Mercy from thy Lord which thou dost expect, yet speak to them a word of easy kindness.[017:029] (5)Make not thy hand tied (like a niggard's) to thy neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach, so that thou become blameworthy and destitute.[017:030] Verily thy Lord doth provide sustenance in abundance for whom He pleaseth, and He provideth in a just measure. For He doth know and regard all His servants.[017:031] (6)Kill not your children for fear of want(this is about abortion): We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.[017:032] (7)Nor come nigh(this mean making out etc is also haraam) to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).[017:033] (8)Nor take life - which God has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand qisas or to forgive): but let him nor exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the Law).[017:034] (9)Come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength; and (10)fulfil (every) engagement(promise), for (every) engagement will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).[017:035] (11)Give full measure when ye measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight: that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination.[017:036] (12)And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).[017:037] (13)Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for thou canst not rend the earth asunder, nor reach the mountains in height.

4. Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone explain why is Islam beautifull?
coz it gives PRACTICLE solution of problems of humanity.

U'd ask then why muslim lands r full of trouble!!! answer is coz they don't follow islam in it's true spirit.
we put more stress on minor things & r easy with important things.

rabarbara2008
02-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I was just looking for this 10 (and more) commandments verse, thanks brother!

also I'm curious what the original poster's opinion is about the answers given. satisfied?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.