/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just Looking? Well,... don't!

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-18-2008, 06:19 PM
The Sickness and the Cure (ad-Daa wad-Dawaa)
By the teacher of Ibn Katheer, Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Excerpt from the Book

Chapter: 'The Doors to Sin', Section, 'The Look':

The look is the main source of problems which afflict mankind, because the look creates a suggestion, then that suggestion becomes an idea, then that idea arouses the desires, then the desires evolve into a resolve, then the resolve strengthens until the act finally occurs; unless there is something that hinders it. This is why it is said, “The patience of trying to restrain the glances is much easier than the patience of trying to restrain what comes after that.”

From the bitter aftertaste of failing to lower the gaze is that it burns the heart and makes it anguish; because the ‘abd sees someone whom he cannot have, nor can he control himself, and one of the most tormenting kinds of punishment is to see something that you want (but cannot have), and it is difficult to do without it. What is truely amazing is that the glance of the one who looks is an arrow that does reach its target until it penetrates the heart of the one who looks himself. I wrote a verse in this regard :

O you the one who makes great effort to shoot his arrow,
You are the one injured by your (own) shot, and it does not reach its target,
The impetus behind your glances seeks a cure,
So restrain your messenger and destruction will not come to you.

What is even more amazing than this is that the unrestrained look injures the heart severely, so one injury follows the other. However, the pain of the injury does not prevent it from repeating the action...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-18-2008, 08:15 PM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allaah, superb thread!

------
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM

*BUMP

al_islam
02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
:salam:

Good thread !!

I wonder where the creator is these days .

WS

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kidman
02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
can i peek?

true believer
02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
good thread
its true ,people do it without even realizing it.

Abdul-Raouf
02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
“The patience of trying to restrain the glances is much easier than the patience of trying to restrain what comes after that.”

^^^ Thats True....

MustafaMc
02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
This is a wonderful reminder. Since I live in USA, this is something that I have to guard against constantly.

------
02-23-2008, 03:22 PM

*bumpty bump :-\

adeeb
02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
very good... very true..especially sentence in red...

noorseeker
02-23-2008, 03:55 PM
That is so true, its hard when it enters the heart, cant wait for summer, not

true believer
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
salam
First glance is accidental and understandable
but second is from the shaytan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!