/* */

PDA

View Full Version : successful interview.....please help!!

Danah
01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Asalam Alykom All,

is any one had been in an interview for a job or something like that?

I am expecting an interview in my internship next semester, which is training in the real workplace before the graduation year?

So, what is the main questions they will tend to ask me? 'cauze what I know not every time they ask technical questions, but they ask questions to know if the person have a strong confidence in him self or not.

can any one tell me his/her experience in interviews?

thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohsen1985
01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, the first thing to have in mind is keep calm and confidence as if you're talking to a close friend. Try not to make too much body movements when you're speaking and don't look up/down sideways, try to look focused at the person who's interviewing you.

You should expect technical questions related to your field of study to see how much technical info you have. Also they might ask questions to see how your communication/people's skills are.

The interview could vary depending on the job and your degree

lolwatever
01-20-2008, 06:16 AM
wat type of job is it tho? and what type of organisation is it, SME or large scale?

Having done some HR, businesses usually look out for people keeping in mind:

1. Do they fit in with our organisational culture?
2. technical competence.

It's useful (with some of my friends, they reckon it's imperative), to initially take control of the interview and ask the person about the company, what's its culture like etc.... and then make a decision as to whether you think you can fit well into their organisation, and secondly, be able to emphasize points that you feel they're mor likely to be interested in.

That way its a win win situation, afterall, if you play the right tune, but then find that the organisation's culture is a nightmare, you'll regret passing the interview... similarly, you don't want to miss the opportunity of working for a great organisation because you misjudged what they're looking for.

Allahu alam, das my 2 cents worth!
All the best isA.

Danah
01-20-2008, 09:42 AM
thanks brothers for your advices.

well, I will working as an IT technition, they might hire me as a datdbase administerator, or a web developer.
the organisation is a govermental one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
morate
02-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I think it is important to be prepared to answer why you want to work for them and what you can bring to the company/business. Also, in my experience, it is good to have several questions prepared of your own to ask them. This will show interest and knowledge of the company. PLUS, remember that in a way you ARE interviewing them. After all, you want to be sure this is a job that will fit well for you.

Danah
02-14-2008, 08:03 PM
jazak allah khair sister and brother for the advice

Cabdullahi
02-14-2008, 08:08 PM
ohhh im planning on doing an IT course,
just be polite and well presented and make good first impressions and eye contact

Danah
02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
The worst thing I can do is the eye conduct.
I can say everything perfectly but without looking at the eyes of the one I will answer.
May Allah help me to do it well

Cabdullahi
02-14-2008, 08:14 PM
eye contact is a must u cannot look down all day and speak they are gonna say whats wrong with her neck

------
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
:salamext:

Body Language at Interviews

Danah
02-14-2008, 08:27 PM
i know that, but to be honest, if the person in front of me is a man, that make it worse.
at least I will look at a woman eyes, but if it is a man, I guess that will need an encouragment from me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.