/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Daily Bar of Chocolate

ahsan28
01-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Can a daily bar of chocolate cause brittle-bone disease?

24th January 2008

Women already feel guilty about eating chocolate in case it makes them fat.

Now comes more bad news - regular consumption could lead to weaker bones and osteoporosis.

This could mean a greater chance of fractures.

Women who ate chocolate every day were found to have less dense bones than those who ate it less than once a week in a study by scientists at the University of Western Australia.

Details

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1774

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-25-2008, 01:35 PM
:salamext:

could mean - Not necessarily DOES mean :D

Leave us chocoholics alone :p

جوري
01-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I never feel guilty about eating chocolate, in fact I think I may have gone through a pound of it in the last two days alone..

well I was feeling a bit emotional and needed it, so there!

Dark chocolate -- not white chocolate -- lowers high blood pressure, say Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and colleagues at the University of Cologne, Germany
Dark chocolate -- but not milk chocolate or dark chocolate eaten with milk -- is a potent antioxidant, report Mauro Serafini, PhD
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030...lthy-chocolate

truemuslim
01-26-2008, 12:04 AM
hmm...well I have never really ate a bar of chocolate a day...but I LOOOOOOVE CHOCOLATE!! sorry..anyway....whatever happened to that other thread 'Now you can eat more chocolate'??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Salam, well this might be slight of topic, but i have heard that drinking coke softens the bones is this true? thanks salam:)

truemuslim
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
Salam, well this might be slight of topic, but i have heard that drinking coke softens the bones is this true? thanks salam:)
...doubt it.. i am like addicted to coke nd my bones are not soft ... if they were i wud be always losin ..baadddllly to playin football and basket ball with my brothers...(also by football i dont mean soccor im in america so i mean american football)

Mikayeel
01-26-2008, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
...doubt it.. i am like addicted to coke nd my bones are not soft ... if they were i wud be always losin ..baadddllly to playin football and basket ball with my brothers...(also by football i dont mean soccor im in america so i mean american football)
loool, i am sure that i heard something bout ''coke makes the bones weaker'' but hmm maybe u will notice it when ur older:), i suffer from the same problem i drink coke way nd way to much,, cant blame myself it taste to good lol... american football is i think equivalent to the english game rugby and i dnt like the to of them:P to violent lool salam

truemuslim
01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
loool, i am sure that i heard something bout ''coke makes the bones weaker'' but hmm maybe u will notice it when ur older:), i suffer from the same problem i drink coke way nd way to much,, cant blame myself it taste to good lol... american football is i think equivalent to the english game rugby and i dnt like the to of them:P to violent lool salam
...flag american football..no tackling..lol... i dunno bout the coke thing tho... i juss gonna drink it anyway...

snakelegs
01-26-2008, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
:salamext:

could mean - Not necessarily DOES mean :D

Leave us chocoholics alone :p
it is a Plot - the guys just want to eat all the chocolate themselves! :raging:

Lina
01-26-2008, 01:14 AM
I think I should add this:

Are you an emotional eater?

I'm not. I just like chocolate.

-Elle-
01-26-2008, 01:42 AM
There's an empty can of coca cola next to me at this very instance.

lol,but I don't drink it that much(because of the caffeine),Once every friday,I drink one can.

I know it's weird,but it's my little habit:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.