/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Zakir Naik

truemuslim
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
:sl:
Here we can post vids of lectures in any language of Dr. Zakir Naik

Media Tags are no longer supported

this next one is a bit blurry but we can still here it...

:) :peace: :thankyou:
thats all i got for now .. i gotta go continue school, sorry.. feel free to post more vids.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sur
01-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Ahmad Deedat vs American Army officers.

truemuslim
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
^^^ u gotta put the link in qoutes but change the word qoute into MEDIA... i just figured out how to do it...lol thanks bro

Mikayeel
01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
salam nice idea sister truemuslim:) reps.. neway his accent is hard to follow it took me some time to get used to

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
krypton6
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Terrorism and Islam by Dr. Zakir Naik (11th Sept 2006)

krypton6
01-27-2008, 07:02 PM
A religious debate between a christian (Dr.William Campbell) and a muslim (Dr.Zakir Naik) in the light of science. (Sometime in year 2000)

AvarAllahNoor
01-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Been watching the 'Terrorism and Islam by Dr. Zakir Naik' and the Khalistanis, and indian TADA = Killing of innocent Sikhs & Torture!!! :(

krypton6
01-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Jihad And Terrorism (They should all be in the right order I apologize if some are not)

m102313
01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SHAH G
Dr zakir nalayk said that the battle of karbala was political (siyasi jung) and said yazeed (lanaat) may allah be pleased with him. Now that's bad. Ok he has some good debates with other beliefs yet he is doctor not an alim or is he? So I think it's bad to listen to him, thats if your gonna take religous ruling from him. He is doctor of comparative religon how can you take religous ruling from a guy who compares religions. It's like going to a dentist for an abortion! Lol

I think he is giving opinions of other shaykhs, he is a very well known and he has traveled around to various parts of the world, so i think he just says what he hears from other scholars, and even if it is the case that he makes the rulings himself i don't see no harm in that, because he knows the quran and the books of ahadeeth very well, and im sure whatever rulings he makes is according to the Qur'an and sunnah.

:w:

Muhammad
01-28-2008, 10:06 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by SHAH G
Dr zakir nalayk said that the battle of karbala was political (siyasi jung) and said yazeed (lanaat) may allah be pleased with him. Now that's bad.
Quoting somebody in this way is often misleading because we cannot see the context in which they made that statement, nor can we be sure of the exact words used.

Regarding Yazeed bin Mu’aawiyah, there are different extremes to how people view him. Perhaps Zakir Naik did not want to cause conflict among Muslims and therefore he did not go into details about this topic, as far as I know. Based upon that, we should not be so quick to judge him. To read a bit more about the topic of Yazeed, you can see:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...eng&txt=yazeed

Let us keep this thread for Zakir Naik's comparative religion debates, which usually only mention basic issues of Islam, and avoid discussing his aqeedah unless we have solid evidence and reason to doubt him. Any further off-topic posts shall be deleted - if you have any concerns, please contact a moderator through pm.

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
^^^ thank you brother muhammed jazakallah

IbnAbdulHakim
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
ive noticed a lot of people love taking this brother out of context and attacking him behind curtains, may Allaah reward him.

The amount of things i heard, it would be funny to see people approach him with it!

S_87
01-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Dr zakir nalayk said that the battle of karbala was political (siyasi jung) and said yazeed (lanaat) may allah be pleased with him. Now that's bad.
yeh i too was shocked when i heard him say so and refer to him as radhiallahu anhu. and further justified it later in an open letter saying it was perfectly fine :(

Muslim Woman
01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Do you believe this too people?

Prophet Muhhamad was a Hindu by Dr Zakir Naik

nuh.....

i can't watch video online. Will u pl. explain what u want to say ??

if u mean , Prophet Muhammed (p) is the last abatar of Hindus , still he can't be a Hindu . I heard Zakir saying something like that --Hindu is a geographical norm.

Those who live in Hindustan / India , they are called Hindu. So , even Muslims in India can be called as hindu by geographically.....not by religion.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
naik is cool

now lets be done with that

------
01-28-2008, 07:37 PM
:salamext:

This is going to be :threadclo ... unless people have respect for him. People you are not scholars, so you have no right to judge him!

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 07:40 PM
^^ gosh u scared me there for a sec sis lol...i was wondering how long u been a mod but guess u juss warning us boutthe other real mods..hehe..lol..anyway nobody fight here just post the GOOD vids by him not the bad. kk

last time i checked the title was: Dr. Zakir Naik

not : Debate: Is Zakir Naik good or bad?

hehe

Anwarica
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Fresh out of the lab. :)

Dr Zakir answers 20 Grammar Mistakes in Qur'an

Dr. Zakir answers "Was the Quran copied from Greeks?"

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
thank you anwarica and everyone ... i kno mr.naik got some dumb things but his other speeches are pretty good...

muhammed this has been too much trouble for u feel free to close this thread.

SHAH G
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
You don't have to be a alim to find faults in him if yot just researched instead of just following people like ants then you would of got some where, far as i know i did the right thing telling you that he has no knowlegd of islam, thats why the ulema go against him b'cos he says stupid things. This is no debate yeah! I know it's hard to accept but you have to live it, thatz life

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
^^^ i kno i never said anything i get it now kk... anyway i was checkin out some of his videos and he actually did make tons of mistakes...but ok mods can u please close this thread?

krypton6
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Everything thing he sais I believe in, his just too greate and smart to ignore. I would rather believe in him than believe in a man who has his books in front of him pointing out "prooves" disproving dr. Zakir Naik, on the other hand dr. Zakir Naik has a whole library inside of his head.

What wrong have he said, I really wanna know!

Anwarca as I thanked you on youtube, I thank you again, I've bin looking for his respond for quite a long time.

Thank you yet yet again.

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 12:26 AM
^ yah nothing he really says is bad just SOME things he says are ..not right..not that im wit him or against him ...lets not fight here...i just have to say that on every post here.lol

p.s. aww thats so cool all u guys gots youtube accounts.lol

Mikayeel
01-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Salam 3alekum wa rahmat allah,

Zakir Naik Misconceptions About Islam !

very very very nice talk by this wise brother mashallah!!!:)

1/24

Instead of me posting all the 24 vids i will just give the link i put the first one down so u can get a taste of it:), this is a must watch!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...tions+in+islam

enjoy! :)

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 02:07 AM
^^ aw sweet thanks brother hamada...reps...(yay i can rep again.its been a day .lol) thats cool i saw that on Peacetv the other day ago. and yah it IS a must see.lol.

Anwarica
01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
you're welcome everyone :)
Here's another added one:
Dr. Zakir explains Alaqah & refutes embryological errors
That one rocks :coolious:

-new one
Dr. Zakir Naik says Qur'an is not a book of science!

Anwarica
02-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Today:
Dr. Zakir Naik - the bible according to Muslims

czgibson
02-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ive noticed a lot of people love taking this brother out of context and attacking him behind curtains, may Allaah reward him.

The amount of things i heard, it would be funny to see people approach him with it!
I would love to have a debate with him. Despite what you may think, his arguments are incredibly weak.

Peace

------
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM

^ That just made me LOL big time ;D

afriend2
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
^^^ His arguments aren't weak :?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I would love to have a debate with him. Despite what you may think, his arguments are incredibly weak.

Peace
my cousins says the same thing, i'd love to see you have a debate with him.

lol im not saying you'd lose, i'd just be interested in seeing the outcome, best of luck and all that eh :)

czgibson
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Greetings,

In front of an impartial audience, say 50% Muslim, 50% non-Muslim, it would be a matter of the utmost simplicity to defeat him in a debate.

He comes from an intellectual tradition where unquestioning submission to authority is the norm. Unfortunately, saying "it's written in the Qur'an, therefore it's true" does not count as a valid argument.

Let's take one of his points from a video posted earlier in the thread. He's answering the charge that Islam has a monopoly on terrorism, which is very easy to refute anyway.

He tries to show that the Qur'an utterly condemns killing by referring to surah 5 ayah 32, saying that if someone, Muslim or non-Muslim, kills any other human being, Muslim or non-Muslim, it is as though they have killed the whole human race. That's a pretty noble sentiment, but unfortunately it's not precisely what the Qur'an says. Read the verse, and not only is the point about "Muslim or non-Muslim" not mentioned, but there is an extra proviso:

format_quote Originally Posted by Qur'an 5.32
On that account: We ordained
For the Children of Israel
That if any one slew
A person - unless it be
For murder or for spreading
Mischief in the land

It would be as if he slew the whole people.
And if any one saved a life
It would be as if he saved
The life of the whole people.
(Yusuf-Ali translation. I would use a better one but unfortunately I can't get any of the searchable Qur'ans online to work. What are the chances of that? It's never happened to me before.)

The part about "unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land" makes what seemed earlier to be a noble sentiment much more equivocal, and makes it very clear how terrorists use the Qur'an to justify their actions. Whether or not someone is "spreading mischief in the land" is very often a matter of opinion: this could be why many Muslims disagree about the rightness or wrongness of terrorist actions.

Naik does mention this part as an afterthought, but only after he has completely misrepresented his own scripture in front of an applauding audience who don't seem to have even noticed.

If people think that's a good way to debate, I would recommend a strict diet of philosophy (Plato, Descartes and Russell are good places to start) to sharpen up their discriminatory faculties.

Please, people, don't fall for Naik's cod-intellectual propaganda. I thought this kind of approach had died out during the Renaissance, but, sadly, it seems it's still with us.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
^ but im not zakir naik lol, no offence gibson :) but i couldnt answer for him

czgibson
02-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ but im not zakir naik lol, no offence gibson :) but i couldnt answer for him
I know you're not him - you're far more reasonable, for one thing. :)

Please don't be taken in by him; that's all I'm saying.

Peace

------
02-05-2008, 07:51 PM

It's not called 'taken in'. It's called religion. Which you wouldn't know.

czgibson
02-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

It's not called 'taken in'. It's called religion. Which you wouldn't know.
Thank you for being patronising - it's always amusing. :)

I may be wrong, but I didn't realise that falling for Zakir Naik's weak arguments was a mandatory part of Islam.

Peace

------
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Lol Subhaan Allaah! Brother Zakir Naik has studied Islam for years and years, and comparitive religion, and you think YOU know better than him?!!

czgibson
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Greetings,

Lol Subhaan Allaah! Brother Zakir Naik has studied Islam for years and years, and comparitive religion, and you think YOU know better than him?!!
You're missing the point - I'm not questioning his knowledge of Islam. I'm questioning his weak arguments. He wouldn't last five minutes in a University Philosophy department with a debating style like that.

So yes, when it comes to argumentation, I do know better than him.

Peace

------
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM

I've heard a couple of his debates and I think his debating style is brilliant. (Mashaa Allaah )

Of course, you 'westeners' have our own 'style' no doubt.

czgibson
02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Greetings,

I've heard a couple of his debates and I think his debating style is brilliant. (Mashaa Allaah )
That could be because, like him, you know very little about philosophy.

Of course, you 'westeners' have our own 'style' no doubt.
Whatever that means - you're probably right.

Peace

------
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM

That could be because, like him, you know very little about philosophy.
:lol: I've actually studied philosophers in RE AS and A Level :)

jzcasejz
02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
I may be wrong, but I didn't realise that falling for Zakir Naik's weak arguments was a mandatory part of Islam.
No it's not. But she was right in defending the Brother from your cheap insults. I mean, you even at one point said IbnAbdulHakim is more reasonable than Dr Naik - a point which IbnAbdulHakim himself would downright reject. I have no problem with the stuff you say as long as you present your evidences (and even then, I still wouldn't care), but for you to go round blowing your horn and making silly remarks about Zakir Naik as if you're some sort of super-intellectual is nonsense. Zakir Naik may have weak arguments, but who are you to elevate yourself and think you're a million times better? EDIT: (I'm not saying you're not, you just need to tone it down a little.)

This is not the first time you've done this, and quite frankly, it's getting lame now. So, what's new?

czgibson
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Greetings,
:lol: I've actually studied philosophers in RE AS and A Level :)
Did any of it sink in, I wonder?

format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
No it's not. But she was right in defending the Brother from your cheap insults. I mean, you even at one point said IbnAbdulHakim is more reasonable than Dr Naik - a point which IbnAbdulHakim himself would downright reject.
I don't doubt it. That doesn't prevent it from being true, though.
I have no problem with the stuff you say as long as you present your evidences (and even then, I still wouldn't care),
Have you read any of my posts in this thread?

but for you to go round blowing your horn and making silly remarks about Zakir Naik as if you're some sort of super-intellectual is nonsense. Zakir Naik may have weak arguments, but who are you to elevate yourself and think you're a million times better?
You agree he has weak arguments? Then where is the problem?
EDIT: (I'm not saying you're not, you just need to tone it down a little.)
Sorry if you think I'm being unduly harsh, but when I see nonsense I call it by its name.

This is not the first time you've done this, and quite frankly, it's getting lame now. So, what's new?
I do my best to promote the cause of rationality wherever possible. If you saw large numbers of young people being taken in by the nonsense of a charlatan, would you do anything about it?

Peace

------
02-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Did any of it sink in, I wonder?
Most of it did, but I think their arguments were pathetic LOL about 'trying to prove God does not exist, etc' ;D

Peace!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
jzcase is correct, i think zakir naik is far more reasonable and knowledgable then i could hope to be. (this doesnt even need to be said)

However theres a huge amount he doesnt know, and that applies to everyone.

Challenging him to a debate would only increase him in understanding and provoke him into further research, which i would love to see people do for him as i love it for myself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.