/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Question: about Aqd-Nikkah

Ummah
01-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Asalaamualaikum

as far as i am aware aqd-nikkah is the written marriage contract which is signed by the bride and groom on the nikkah after they have exchanged the marriage vows..

please please please answer the following question for me if you can!!

1. Considering an attorney/legal guardian (wakil) can stand-in as the bride's representative on the nikkah, does this mean that the wakil also signs the aqd-nikkah, thus the actual bride's signature never appears on the aqd-nikkah?

2. Is an written contract necessary? is it possible to conduct a nikkah ceremony without any involvement of the written contract, i.e. purely oral?

PLEASE HELP ME this is extremely important for me to know

jazakhAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SomeHowpossible
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
:sl:

nikkah is between two ones he and she. its not necessary for both to be present at the moment and facing each other. on behalf of woman wakil is presented, it also brings PARDA(HIJAAB)....
witness are presented from both sides, signatures are not necessary. but in modren word it may be necessary...
____
sss

sur
02-01-2008, 10:24 AM
2) written contract is NOT necessary by Islamic Law. But Islam orders to follow rulars so if Government has set rules to have a written Nikah then it's better to write it down.
Also Quran stresses on writing of contracts.

1)witnesses must observe both bride & groom accepting each other. So i think Bride's signature should be there if it's a written contract. If it's oral, then witnesses should witness his & her acceptance.

Ummah
02-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Asalaamualaikum

jazakhAllah for replies,,

please do u have direct source/evidence for what you say? im conducting research so i need to know where your statements come from?

jazakhAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.