PDA

View Full Version : Turning the west into a Muslim majority



Masjidi
01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
To turn atleast 5% of the UK's non muslim population to Islam.

Discuss.

http://masjidi.com/index.php?option=...d=3&id=237#237
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Masjidi
To turn atleast 5% of the UK's non muslim population to Islam.

Discuss.

http://masjidi.com/index.php?option=...d=3&id=237#237
If find your ways as well as your goal wrong and unethical, but I guess it's your legal right to do it.
Reply

The_Prince
01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
the BNP must be going mad.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
01-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Goodluck, you'll need it...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Mikayeel
01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
If find your ways as well as your goal wrong and unethical, but I guess it's your legal right to do it.
Hmm I would personally his goal is rather right and very ethical.

Remember this is only done for your benefit, if you agree or not:)
Reply

MartyrX
01-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Good luck with your project!
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hamada
Hmm I would personally his goal is rather right and very ethical.

Remember this is only done for your benefit, if you agree or not:)
I don't find it beneficial and I'm not in favour of of spreading religion in that way. I wonder what the muslim reaction would be if every household in the KSA receieved a Christian or a Hindu promotion DVD.
I don't like the "whether you agree or not" attitude either.
Reply

Muezzin
01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
This belongs in Exchange Links rather than Introduce Yourself. :)
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
This belongs in Exchange Links rather than Introduce Yourself. :)
Ok...
Reply

Mikayeel
01-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I don't find it beneficial and I'm not in favour of of spreading religion in that way. I wonder what the muslim reaction would be if every household in the KSA receieved a Christian or a Hindu promotion DVD.
I don't like the "whether you agree or not" attitude either.
Wouldn't be very nice i'd reckon!

Maybe the fact that islam is the fastest growing religion and the clearest religion (from my view and the view of every muslim) and apparently from the view of none muslims aswell since it is the fastest growing religion!

So the spread of it through DVD's etc, is not a waste after all, wouldn't you agree?
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hamada
Wouldn't be very nice i'd reckon!
That's how I feel about your video.

Maybe the fact that islam is the fastest growing religion and the clearest religion (from my view and the view of every muslim) and apparently from the view of none muslims aswell since it is the fastest growing religion!

So the spread of it through DVD's etc, is not a waste after all, wouldn't you agree?
It's not the fasted growing religion and its fast growth is a result of high birth rates in muslim countries as well as in the immigrant communities thorughout Europe and America. Converts represent a very small percentage of new muslims, and anyway there are converts in all religions.
If you decide to put in Zakir Naik, it's definietly a waste of time...
Every religion can make a DVD, or in this case many DVDs, each adjusted to a special target audience, include all the good things, namely the miracles, scientists's comments on the Quran, lectures where the Islamic speakers won... but that would not be a fair representation, would it?

I won't be surprised if the DVD is backed up by a mystic, suggestive music as most of the Islamic promotion videos are.

Proapaganda!

The proper way of spreading a religion is by talk, by a debate or alternatively the internet.
Reply

Masjidi
01-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Do you fear the great effect this will have? If people want to take it they can, if they do not, they don't have to, this is one form of distribution anyway, another can be through youth groups and if the person wants to see the materials they can, if not they don't have to.
Reply

Fishman
01-29-2008, 07:32 PM
:sl:
The modern media is powerful, but good first impressions make a bond that can almost never be broken. Once Muslims clear up their own house, maybe everybody else will decide that this house is worth living in...
:w:
Reply

Mikayeel
01-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
It's not the fasted growing religion and its fast growth is a result of high birth rates in muslim countries as well as in the immigrant communities thorughout Europe and America. Converts represent a very small percentage of new muslims, and anyway there are converts in all religions.
If you decide to put in Zakir Naik, it's definietly a waste of time...
Every religion can make a DVD, or in this case many DVDs, each adjusted to a special target audience, include all the good things, namely the miracles, scientists's comments on the Quran, lectures where the Islamic speakers won... but that would not be a fair representation, would it?

I won't be surprised if the DVD is backed up by a mystic, suggestive music as most of the Islamic promotion videos are.

Proapaganda!

The proper way of spreading a religion is by talk, by a debate or alternatively the internet.
Oke , Islam has the largest numbers of converts(reverts as i would say) in comparisons with other religions.

The DVD's(multimedia) is a very good way of spreading a religion to a large number of people.

''Zakir Naik'' Waste of time? He has converted alot of Non muslims into islam! For them it clearly wasn't a waste of time, can i ask you why you find him a waste of time? (Afterall it is the truth he is saying...)

You are right a religioin is preferable spread in the ways you've mentioned. This is not always possible though. So alternative as u have said ''propaganda'' can be used (altough I wouldn't call it propaganda, nor would the converted muslims who converted by this so called propaganda)
Reply

truemuslim
01-30-2008, 05:53 PM
..my only post here...(mayb)... i just had to say... islam is not the fastest growing religion because of the birth in muslim countries here in the U.S there are lots of muslims...now explain why they are white and don't have alot of kids?
(answer: they converted)
islam is full of converts LOTS of converts... sorry to get off topic btw...

:w:


EDIT: woops i didnt see ur post ^^ u already said it..lol
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Hamada
Oke , Islam has the largest numbers of converts(reverts as i would say) in comparisons with other religions.
there's no way you can know that. In fact I think you're wrong: there is a religion about 16 years old who has already gained a couple of hundreds of millions adhearents. since it is so young, a majority if not all of them would have to be converts.

The DVD's(multimedia) is a very good way of spreading a religion to a large number of people.
Multimedia is a great way of spreading anything.
''Zakir Naik'' Waste of time? He has converted alot of Non muslims into islam! For them it clearly wasn't a waste of time, can i ask you why you find him a waste of time? (Afterall it is the truth he is saying...)
He sounds funny, annoying actually... Well, that is my opinion about him, he amy be a great debater and good at convincing people.
Truth from your point of view.

You are right a religioin is preferable spread in the ways you've mentioned. This is not always possible though. So alternative as u have said ''propaganda'' can be used (altough I wouldn't call it propaganda, nor would the converted muslims who converted by this so called propaganda)
Neither did the Germans call it propaganda...
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
..my only post here...(mayb)... i just had to say... islam is not the fastest growing religion because of the birth in muslim countries here in the U.S there are lots of muslims...now explain why they are white and don't have alot of kids?
(answer: they converted)
islam is full of converts LOTS of converts... sorry to get off topic btw...

:w:


EDIT: woops i didnt see ur post ^^ u already said it..lol
It's not off topic at all.
Islam's growth in AMerica amy be a result of conversions (or not) but its wordwide growth can mostly be atributed to high birth rates in muslim countries.
Reply

truemuslim
01-30-2008, 06:18 PM
^ okey ignore the "world growth' then..lets just look at the america growth...(i just googled it to make sure) and islam is the fastest growing in conversion in the U.S! okey ...p.s. i only posted again cuz these are one of those posts that tick me off..kk

:w:
Reply

Whatsthepoint
01-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ okey ignore the "world growth' then..lets just look at the america growth...(i just googled it to make sure) and islam is the fastest growing in conversion in the U.S! okey ...p.s. i only posted again cuz these are one of those posts that tick me off..kk

:w:
I'm not surprised.
It's got some interesting stuff that make a person think...And Islam is the only major religion that truely embraced and took advantage of the internet, which proved to be a great investment.
Reply

Fishman
01-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Islam is the only major religion that truely embraced and took advantage of the internet, which proved to be a great investment.
:sl:
Not really. 'Internet Islam' is a dry ideology whose attraction consists of shallow 'wow' facts and simplistic miracles, and insists on misusing the word 'proof' repeatedly. If it carries on spreading all Islam will consist of will be facts and rules, an unapealling and sometimes dangerous format. I feel that it is destroying the centuries of spirituality, philosophy and tradition that real Islam is made of. The world of the internet miracles and things was what pulled me in initially, I admit, but if I had not found the true Islam by looking in the real-world community, I would probably have not lasted very long as a Muslim.
Most of the intellectual converts came to Islam not because of 'proofs' and 'evidences', but because of what it could give to their lives. They have such amazing stories, and I am often ashamed of my own rather contorted journey.
That being said, the miracles do have a place, as they can help to re-solidify one's faith in a time of weakness, they can make people marvel at what God can do and say 'subhanallah', and they can provide responses to arguments against Islam. However, basing one's entire faith on them is a bad idea.

I think the best ways to spread Islam are first of all to forge more of those nearly unbreakable 'good first impressions' bonds. Unfortunately this is a little difficult, what with media bias against Islam, and the extremism and Jew-hating that some rather stupid Muslims practice.
:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 02:55 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 11:04 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 05:27 AM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!