/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Broken tooth

MartyrX
01-29-2008, 07:03 PM
So I broke my tooth a little while ago. Last night the pain was so bad I took viciodin and that didn't even take away the pain. I was up most of the night with the pain. I called our local clinic to see if I can get in there first thing this morning and they have yet to call me back. I just called them again and they aren't answering their phones for whatever reason. The pain is not so bad at the moment, but I seem to have a fever and it's getting worse as time goes by. If I can't get into the dentist today does anyone know of any alternatives I can use to help with the pain besides pills. I've already taken 4 tylenol extra strength and I really don't want to take anymore.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-29-2008, 07:18 PM
You need to pay a visit the ER. NOW
A dental abscesses can be life threatening. strep Viridans which inhabits the oropharynx is a common cause of dental infections, subacute bacterial endocarditis and bacteremia.and it isn't the only bacteria that occupies the oropharynx.
Now I don't know anything about your medical or dental hx so I am painting a worst case scenario.. you don't need pain killers as you do an antibiotic if not an actual incision and drainage. Go to ER see if they can prescribe you some antibiotics and pain meds.. if you are running a fever I wouldn't delay...

:w:

جوري
01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
another thing pls stop with the tyelnol and vicodin, vicodin contains tylenol, and if you are over dosing you can end up with even more trouble than you are in now.. how old are you? how many pills have you taken combined? and how much do you weigh?
are you taking meds for any other medical conditions?

piXie
01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
:salamext:

Brother, if you have some pepper corns, place one on the broken tooth and press it/hold it in so it stays there. It will help ease the pain until u can see a dentist insha'Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
01-29-2008, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
another thing pls stop with the tyelnol and vicodin, vicodin contains tylenol, and if you are over dosing you can end up with even more trouble than you are in now.. how old are you? how many pills have you taken combined? and how much do you weigh?
are you taking meds for any other medical conditions?

I've taken 1 vicodin last night aroud 10pm and 4 tylenol since about 9am. I'm 28 and about 140 lbs. The vicodin has been laying around from a friend of mines car accident in October. I only took it since I was in so much pain last night. I'm still trying to get a hold of the dentist, but I'm about to give up.

جوري
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
ok that is fine.. Don't take meds prescribed to other people, but do take yourself to the ER, I don't think it will make much of a difference now, no one can work on your teeth until the infection is gone..
will you do that please?

MartyrX
01-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Thank you for your concern! I went to the ER last night and was prescribed some penicilin and some mild pain meds for any pain I might have. They also gave me a shot last night so I could eat and sleep without the pain. Hopefully I can get a hold of a dentist today.

Emelianenko
01-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Did they say whether it has developed into an abscess?

MartyrX
01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
The doctor thought I had an abscess under the gums, but he did notice my wisdom tooth was impacted and that's the one that had broken.

جوري
01-30-2008, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
Thank you for your concern! I went to the ER last night and was prescribed some penicilin and some mild pain meds for any pain I might have. They also gave me a shot last night so I could eat and sleep without the pain. Hopefully I can get a hold of a dentist today.
Ok al7mdlilah.. I was about to PM you today to ask you how you did.. Good news indeed..
I pray for your fast recovery insha'Allah..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.