/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A little weird?

Samkurd
01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I was searching a shop online selling Islamic education products for children. Now their stuff is modern and has a really cool layout for their books and calenders for kids. But i saw one book called 'Have you ever wondered why''

Now this book explains in islamic terms why things happen but i found that these were really intense for kids?

the book is by 'Learning roots' company and aimed for kids 4-7. It is a book where you lift flaps to find out the answer.

Heres a few... .arent they intense for kids?

Have you ever wondered why it gets so cold in the winter?
Because hell fire breathes in

...or why it gets so hot in the summer?
Because hell fire breathes out

...or why dogs bark?
Because they've seen a devil

...or why donkeys bray?
Because they've seen a devil too

..or why babies cry when they are born
Because the devil pokes them

ISnt this extreme for kids to read? Ofcourse it doesnt just concentrate on the negative stuff but i just selected them... but they are really bad for kids to read... Like everytime a kid sees a dog bark it will think they are next to a devil? Im sure this is traumatizing..

What are your views?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
02-28-2008, 10:43 PM
i do think thats extreme, how are those even islamic? its like all those jinn stories, those dont even look real

muslima1
02-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I think 4 might be too young but 6 is a good age to start with stuff like that.

Umu 'Isa
02-29-2008, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i do think thats extreme, how are those even islamic? its like all those jinn stories, those dont even look real
:salamext:
Yes, they are islamic. All of those can be backed up by ahadeeth

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
:sl:

You'd probably have to decide on a child to child bases if the material is appropriate for them at that age or if it will disturb them.

rabarbara2008
02-29-2008, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

You'd probably have to decide on a child to child bases if the material is appropriate for them at that age or if it will disturb them.
exactly, I mean sure they will learn about hell and such things, but between 4 and 7 years of age? I find it a little early.

------
02-29-2008, 10:53 AM
:salamext:

Maybe when they are about 11ish Inshaa Allaah, I think thats a better age to learn that ^.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
its not extreme at all, my nieces/nephews all are young between those ages, they know of everything you have just mentioned and all it does is fascinate them. They get all happy lol.

I guess society/environment and culture can alter a persons mentality, so maybe due to your surroundings/upbringing you find it a bit too much, but in actual fact its easy for kids to take, my own nephews/nieces (and myself, i knew a lot of this when i was really young) are proof :).

Assalamu Alaikum

anonymous
02-29-2008, 05:10 PM
yeh but it cudve been like better OTHER stories...right? like this probably wont benifit them that much but like prophet stories and all... ya kno?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.