/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nawafil After Asr & Fajr ???

sur
02-01-2008, 12:55 AM
They say 2 nafL r NOT allowed after Fajr & Asr.

Actually this is based on mis-understanding of hadith which actually say that while the sun is setting & while it's rising we nafls r not allowed.

Following Ahadees clearly refute the idea of nor offering nafl prayer after Asr & Fajr:-

Sahih Muslim:4:1814:-
Aisha said that the Messenger of Allah did not abandon observing two rak'ahs after 'Asr, but she reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not get used to observe prayer at the time of the rising sun and at the time of its setting and (exhorted the Muslims) to pray at their times.

SM:4:1816:-
Abu Salama asked 'Aisha about the two prostrations (i.e. rak'ahs) which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) made after the 'Asr. She said: He (the Holy Prophet) observed them before the 'Asr prayer, but then he was hindered to do so, or he forgot them and then he observed them after the 'Asr, and then he continued observing them. (It was his habit) that when he (the Holy Prophet) observed prayer, he then continued observing it. Isma'il said: It implies that he always did that.

4:1817:-
Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) did not abandon at all observing two rak'ahs after the 'Asr in my house.

4:1818:-
Aisha reported: Two are the prayers which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) always observed in my house-openly or secretly-two rak'ahs before the dawn and two rak'ahs after the 'Asr.

4:1819:-
Aswad and Masruq reported: We bear testimony to the fact that 'Aisha said: Never was there a day that he (the Holy Prophet) was with me and he did not observe two rak'ahs of prayer in my house, i.e. two rak'ahs after the Asr.

4:1820:-
Mukhtar b. Fulful said: I asked Anas b. Malik about the voluntary prayers after the afternoon prayer, and he replied: 'Umar struck hit hands on prayer observed after the 'Asr prayer and we used to observe two rak'ahs after the sun set before the evening prayer during the time of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him). I said to him: Did the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observe them? He said: He saw us observing them, but he neither commanded us nor forbade us to do so.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
:salamext:

4:1818:-
Aisha reported: Two are the prayers which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) always observed in my house-openly or secretly-two rak'ahs before the dawn and two rak'ahs after the 'Asr.
Before Dawn is after Fajr :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.