/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alleged Verse in the Quran promoting terrorism

myousufsiddiqui
02-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Assalam-a-liekum

I was wondering about the following Islamic verse, in one article (which I have linked below) it says that this verse promotes terrorism

"When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Take them and confine them, then lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and establish the prayer and pay the obligatory charity, let them go their way. Allah is Forgiving and the Most Merciful."
@Repentance - Al-Tawba [Chapter 9 verse 5]

Does anyone know the explaination of this verse, also how do I convince a non -believer that this verse does not promote terrorism?

Additionally,The following link contains an article which brands Muhammad (PBUH) as a terrorist.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/e763ad73-8...slam_terrorism

Does anyone know any articles written to refute such claims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdu-l-Majeed
03-01-2008, 10:44 PM
At the moment, ya akhi, I can't remember any scholarly article, but they sure exist, I was reading them. A long time ago. :D But maybe these verses clear up a little bit:

89. They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
90. Except those who reach a people between whom and you there is an alliance, or who come to you, their hearts shrinking from fighting you or fighting their own people; and if Allah had pleased, He would have given them power over you, so that they should have certainly fought you; therefore if they withdraw from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not given you a way against them.

Surah An-Nisa'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.