/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islamicboard-advertiser

-S-
02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Salams

Instead of sending out emails i've created a bot called islamic-board advertiser to send out mass pms out instead

with emails too many people complain about it - so mass pming is better

ws
sajid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
02-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Greetings,

Am I right in thinking that allowing these advertisers to send us their wares helps to fund the site and keep it going?

I suppose that pressing 'Delete' a few more times than usual is a small price to pay, all things considered.

Peace

MartyrX
02-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm sorry, but that's annoying.

snakelegs
02-02-2008, 01:15 AM
whatever it takes to keep this forum up and running...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-02-2008, 02:10 AM
actually, I am glad you wrote this.. I was beginning to get paranoid with the 'marriage advertisement'-- almost as annoying as the eharmony/match.com/chemistry.com commercials when you can't find the bloody remote control to get out of that chanel in a hurry...

:w:

MaiCarInMtl
02-02-2008, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
actually, I am glad you wrote this.. I was beginning to get paranoid with the 'marriage advertisement'-- almost as annoying as the eharmony/match.com/chemistry.com commercials when you can't find the bloody remote control to get out of that chanel in a hurry...

:w:
You were wondering about that too eh? Here I was thinking someone had finally sent me a PM... Then I got suspicious as I saw the username "singlemuslim" - "Whaaaa???!!! On a muslim board?!". I got a good laugh out of it.

truemuslim
02-02-2008, 02:38 AM
^ LOOOLLL ME TOO!!! LOOOL LLLOOOOLL LOOOL

btw sis/bro -S- that thing is sooooo annoying really annoying really annoying... no offence...and no im not gonna leave the site cuz of it..lol

جوري
02-02-2008, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
You were wondering about that too eh? Here I was thinking someone had finally sent me a PM... Then I got suspicious as I saw the username "singlemuslim" - "Whaaaa???!!! On a muslim board?!". I got a good laugh out of it.
lol.. trust me, receiving a PM isn't all its cracked up to be.. I have gotten many hate messages in that box, I am thinking of simply disabling the function all together...:playing:

peace

Ebtisweetsam
02-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Jazakallah for letting us know.

Strzelecki
02-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Yep, got an E-mail telling me about this PM. :P
I too got one from "singlemuslim" half expecting a proposal. :P

Ebtisweetsam
02-02-2008, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
I too got one from "singlemuslim" half expecting a proposal. :P
I thought i made it pretty clear i was married, so u can imagine my shock!:okay:

-S-
02-02-2008, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Am I right in thinking that allowing these advertisers to send us their wares helps to fund the site and keep it going?

I suppose that pressing 'Delete' a few more times than usual is a small price to pay, all things considered.

Peace
Yup Correct

-S-
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Salams

All ads are sent by islamicboard-advertiser

i;ve no idea who singlemuslim was!

anything coming from other names is not from us

-S-
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
btw if you want to disable receiving emails there is an option in User cp> user options

you have the option of turning it off

it wont be every day we will send out mass pms once in a while!!!

wilberhum
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I have no issue with the advertising. I understand.

But I don't understand crippling forum functions.

There is an add that renders "Quick Links" unusable.

-S-
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I have no issue with the advertising. I understand.

But I don't understand crippling forum functions.

There is an add that renders "Quick Links" unusable.
Soorry bout that - ive edited it!

wilberhum
02-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Well done.

Thanks.

Woops. "Search" still has a problem with being covered up.

qassy!
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM
loll - yeah who was singlemusilim his advertising in his own name

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.