/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Exhausting the Devil.

- Qatada -
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Allâh (swt) - the Exalted - says, to the Shaytân:

{"Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves…”} [al-Hijr; 42]

Some of the Companions said:

“Verily, the believer exhausts his devil just like one of you exhausts his camel during travel.”

Meaning: the believer wears out his devil, so he debilitates him and makes him lose weight from his grief and sadness, because he is not able to tempt him, just like the person wears out his riding camel during travel and makes it lose weight due to the length of the travel and its hardships, and this is the condition of the believer with his devil in the constant struggle with him.

He resists his plots and plans and whispers by always being firm upon the obedience of Allâh - the Exalted and Mighty.

And with this, Ibn Abî ad-Dunyâ narrates in his book ‘The Plots of the Devil’ from some of the Salaf, that they said:

“Verily a devil meets another devil, so he says to him: “Why is it that I see you looking sickly?"

The other devil replies: “Verily, I am with a man that, if he eats, he remembers the name of Allâh so I can not eat with him, and if he drinks, he remembers the name of Allâh so I can not drink with him, and if he enters his home, he remembers the name of Allâh so I am rejected outside of the house.”

The other devil says: “But as for me, then I am with a man that, if he eats, he does not remember Allâh so he and I eat together, and if he drinks, he does not remember Allâh so I drink with him, and when he enters his home he does not remember Allâh so I enter with him.””

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bass
10-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Jazakallah
Useful Stuff

Mu'maneen
10-01-2005, 03:34 PM
:sl:

Jazak Allah Kher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira Dear Brother of Islam for that wonderful post.

May we have the Sword of Taqwa to fight Shaytan now and until we die.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

- Qatada -
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen

Jazak Allah Kher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira Dear Brother of Islam for that wonderful post.

May we have the Sword of Taqwa to fight Shaytan now and until we die.
wa iyak.. ameen. barak Allah u feekum.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
10-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Asalamualykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu

jazahka Allah 4 that misgit!! (hehe) very useful article inhsa Allah i will remember that

walakumasalaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu

Samee
10-01-2005, 08:00 PM

Jazakallah dear Brother in Islam for that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.