/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umar (ra) Love for the Prophet (saw)

sonz
10-25-2005, 07:21 AM
"You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! There was once a palm tree stump on which you used to stand when you addressed the people. But when the people grew in number, you adopted a pulpit to let them all hear you. The tree stump then mourned your separation, until you laid your hand upon it and it was reassured. Still greater right has your Community to pine for you now you have parted from them.

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! So great is your merit in His sight that He has equated obedience to you with obedience to Himself, for He said, Great and Glorious is He: "Whoever obeys the Messenger obeys God." [al-Nisa', 4:80]

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! So great is your merit in His sight that he told you you were pardoned before He told you the offence, for He said, Great and Glorious is He: "God has pardoned you - why did you grant them leave (of absence from military duty)?"* [al-Tawbah, 9:43]

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! So great is your merit in His sight that He sent you as the last of the Prophets, yet mentioned you among the first of them, for He said, Great and Glorious is He: "Then We exacted a covenant from the Prophets - from you, from Noah, from Abraham..." [al-Ahzab, 33:7]

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! So great is your merit in His sight that the people of Hell dearly wish they had obeyed you; as they suffer torment among its layers they say: "If only we had obeyed God, and had obeyed the Messenger!" [al-Ahzab, 33:7]

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! While God gave Moses, son of 'Imran, a rock from which streams gushed forth, this is not more miraculous than when water welled from your fingers, God bless you.

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! It is true that God gave Solomon, son of David, "the wind whose morning course was a month's journey and its evening course a month's journey." [Saba', 34:12] Yet this was not so miraculous as Buraq, on which you ascended to the seventh heaven, then ended your night by performing the morning Prayer in the valley bed - God bless you.

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! God did indeed grant Jesus, Mary's son the power to bring the dead to life. Yet this is no greater miracle than when the poisoned sheep spoke to you, roasted as it was; for its leg said to you: "Do not eat me! I am poisoned."

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! Noah once cursed his people, saying: "Lord, leave none of the unbelievers on the earth!" [Nuh, 71:26] Had you cursed us like that, we should have perished. Yet, though your back was trampled, your face bloodied and your teeth broken, you refused to say anything but good; your words were: "O God, forgive my people, for they do not know."

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! Though your years were few and your life-span short, you were followed by many more than followed Noah, for all his great age and longevity. Many believed in you, but only a few believed along with him.

You are more to me than my father and mother, O Messenger of God! If you had sat with none but your peer, you would not have sat with us; if you had married only your equal, you would not have trusted us. And yet, by God, you did sit with us, marry among us and trust us. You dressed in wool; you rode the donkey and I rode behind you; you set your food on the ground; you licked your fingers in all humility - God bless you and give you peace."

*Before an important expedition in defence of Islam, the Prophet, on him be peace, had readily accepted excuses from those who did not wish to participate, without establishing whether excuses were genuine.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
10-26-2005, 03:48 PM
asalam

only 3 views??????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

- Qatada -
10-26-2005, 03:56 PM
wa alykum aslalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

wow masha Allah! thats so deep bro.. did you gather that all by yourself... i love this because we can prove to all the people of the kitab (book) how our beloved Prophet, may Allah (swt)'s peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family. was so special. i really loved reading this bro, plz do post more. barak Allah u feek wa jazak Allah khayr.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sonz
10-26-2005, 06:56 PM
asalama

jzk i found it on the internet

inshalah i will post more

more coming soon!!!!!!!

masalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
10-26-2005, 07:24 PM
jazak Allah khayr bro.. seriosly i dont know why no other bros or sistaz neva read dis post.. i luv it. :D seriosly jazak Allah khayr soo much cz iss proper deep and we got loadzz of evidence to use against the kufar insha Allah.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.