/* */

PDA

View Full Version : okay i have more questions.please answer them

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 07:24 PM
okay i have more questions:

most my life i thought there was one quran. but this year i was surfing the web and found out some interesting stuff.

this stuff about volumes .vol.vol2vol3. even yesterday i was salating at school and found books with these volumes on them . what is that about? i opened it up and there are hadeeths.how many volumes are there?why are there volumes?

and there is this guy named --->sahih barki ( i think i spell it wrong). Explain him to.

I surfed the web trying to understanding this months ago. and i get bits and pieces put no the whole picture.maybe i should even ask how the quran was put together.
thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
10-28-2005, 07:27 PM
:sl:
There is only one Qur'an. What you are taliing about are ahadith (hadeeths). They are narrations about the Prophet Muhammad (saws). Sahih Bukhari is a collection of authentic narrations. I don't know how finding 'volumes and volumes' of hadith leads one to conclude that there is more than one Qur'an! :confused:

:w:

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 07:28 PM
yes. what are the rules islamically? someone i care about got a piercing in the nose. i wanted to rip it out.
:mad:

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-28-2005, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...
i wanted to rip it out.
ouch. Not a good idea.

ps. please pick a 'real' username. It is very hard to refer to someone as '...'. Pick a username and let me know, inshaa'Allah I'll change it for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vedad
10-28-2005, 07:37 PM
yes. what are the rules islamically? someone i care about got a piercing in the nose. i wanted to rip it out.

its many books as i know there is over 20 000hadiths in sahih bukhari... allahu alem.. and its halal, whats wrong? imam bukhari collected them and made books... why they are in volumes? i dunno but visit the site with all hadiths from sahih bukhari:

http://www.sahihalbukhari.com/sps/sbk/

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
There is only one Qur'an. What you are taliing about are ahadith (hadeeths). They are narrations about the Prophet Muhammad (saws). Sahih Bukhari is a collection of authentic narrations. I don't know how finding 'volumes and volumes' of hadith leads one to conclude that there is more than one Qur'an!
don't worry i know that there is one quran. i'm just trying to figure out this volume thing .thanks

"ps. please pick a 'real' username. It is very hard to refer to someone as '...'. Pick a username and let me know, inshaa'Allah I'll change it for you."
:'( okay

format_quote Originally Posted by Vedad
"and its halal, whats wrong?"
are u saying nose pierceing are halal?putiing holes in your body is okay? what are the limits? what about when they're pierce their bellies?tongue?eyebrow etc.???

okay i'll rephrase some questions:

1. who is Sahih Bukhari?isn't he a person? ---->"is a collection of authentic narrations" :confused: what?is it like verses, hadeeths, surahs?
2. how was the quran put together?
3. how many volumes are there?
4. okay there are hadeeths in these volumes. when i'm reading the quran i don't see any hadeeths. I see verses and surahs.

jazakallahu khairan everyone . i just trying to undertand how it's organized and ow one thing links to the other.:)

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 09:36 PM
^lol thanks for quoting it for me. i don't know how lol

i have more questions, but please address the ones above first ..somene emailed me asking me this:

Q1: What is the verse in the quran that contains all the letters (Arabic alphabet)?

Q2: There exists a verse in the quran that has a word (Kalima) repeated ten times. Name that verse?

thanks again :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-28-2005, 09:38 PM
1. who is Sahih Bukhari?isn't he a person?
Imaam Bukhari compiled Sahih Bukhari.
---->"is a collection of authentic narrations" :confused: what?is it like verses, hadeeths, surahs?
Hadiths.
2. how was the quran put together?
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1245

3. how many volumes are there?
Of what? The Qur'an?

Do you know what a volume is? A volume is when a book is too long to fit in one bookcopy so they split it into multiple 'volumes'. A volume is a book that is part of a series.

As for the Qur'an, it's a single book.

4. okay there are hadeeths in these volumes. when i'm reading the quran i don't see any hadeeths. I see verses and surahs.
Yes, there are no hadeeth in the Qur'an. Qur'an and Hadeeth are different.

Ansar Al-'Adl
10-28-2005, 09:39 PM
^lol thanks for quoting it for me. i don't know how lol

i have more questions, but please address the ones above first ..somene emailed me asking me this:

Q1: What is the verse in the quran that contains all the letters (Arabic alphabet)?

Q2: There exists a verse in the quran that has a word (Kalima) repeated ten times. Name that verse?

thanks again :)
:sl:
These would be good questions to post in this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...&goto=lastpost

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 10:23 PM
"Do you know what a volume is? A volume is when a book is too long to fit in one bookcopy so they split it into multiple 'volumes'. A volume is a book that is part of a series."

yes i know what volumes are. so you are saying the quran was to long and divided? if so, how many volumes?

"Yes, there are no hadeeth in the Qur'an. Qur'an and Hadeeth are different."

if there are no hadeeths in the quran then, then why are there in the volumes?

as for the link u provided.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthr...5&goto=lastpost

inshallah i try to use it.

thanks for your patients bro. :)
---------------------------------

more questions.
what's the difference between saying ramadaan "kareem" and ramdaan "mubarak"?

okay.i'm done for the day. i think ;)

jazakallahu khairan

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
re-edited

i said:
"if there are no hadeeths in the quran then, then why are there in the volumes?
"

i meant to say:
"if there are no hadeeths in the quran then, then why are they in the volumes?
"

azim
10-28-2005, 10:51 PM
The Quran - The 'WORDS OF ALLAH' revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Angel Gibrael. There is only ONE Quran, 604 pages divided into Surahs (chapters) of varying length and Ayah (verses).

It is also sometimes divided in Siparas, or Juz, which is just the Quran split into 30 parts. Don't worry about this too much.

Hadith - The 'WORDS/ACTIONS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH)'. These used to be narrated from one person to another. Then, several great scholars, such as Imam Bukhari collected this together and made it into a very long book which is called SAHIH BUKHARI and is divided into 9 volumes. SAHIH means reliable, so SAHIH BUKHARI are the reliable hadiths collected by Imam Bukhari.

I think where you got confused is that you read a Quran in English, which to help explain certain Ayah/Verses, had hadith in the footnotes. I have similar copy myself. The Hadith are not part of the Quran, the Quran is only the word of Allah. Sometimes what the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said is included in footnote form to help elaborate certain points.

Hope this help, Salam.

~*~Serene~*~
10-28-2005, 11:08 PM
"

Hadith - The 'WORDS/ACTIONS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH)'. These used to be narrated from one person to another. Then, several great scholars, such as Imam Bukhari collected this together and made it into a very long book which is called SAHIH BUKHARI and is divided into 9 volumes. SAHIH means reliable, so SAHIH BUKHARI are the reliable hadiths collected by Imam Bukhari.

>>>>>THANK YOU. I GET IT NOW:D

I think where you got confused is that you read a Quran in English, which to help explain certain Ayah/Verses, had hadith in the footnotes. I have similar copy myself.

>>>>YES. :D I read the quran in english and arabic. But i only understand the english one.

The Hadith are not part of the Quran, the Quran is only the word of Allah. Sometimes what the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said is included in footnote form to help elaborate certain points.

Hope this help, Salam.

>>>yes it did a lot. jazakallahu khairan bro :D :D :D :D .

"

~*~Serene~*~
10-29-2005, 12:04 AM
okay i repeating some questions from before i go.

1. Is nose pierceing are halal?is putiing holes in your body is okay? what are the limits? what about when people pierce their bellies?tongue?eyebrow etc.???

2. what is the real difference in saying ramadaan mubarak and ramadaan kareem.

thanks.------------>salam

azim
10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Salam bro, I'm glad my post helped.

Ear piercing is definately halal for women, but not for men. Nose piercings are a debated topic, majority of the scholars say it 'deformation' of the human body, like you said. Even the scholars who say that nose piercings are halal (for women that is), they would stop it there. Any other piercings such as belly button, eyebrow etc... are considered haram.

As for Ramadan Kareem and Ramadan Mubarak, I'm lost. I'd like to know myself actually.

Salam.

Shadow
10-29-2005, 12:39 AM
okay i repeating some questions from before i go.

1. Is nose pierceing are halal?is putiing holes in your body is okay? what are the limits? what about when people pierce their bellies?tongue?eyebrow etc.???

2. what is the real difference in saying ramadaan mubarak and ramadaan kareem.

thanks.------------>salam
as salaamu alykum bro
if u really love asking questions(we all do;))
then check this site out

www.islamqa.com

:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

eyes_of_mine
10-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Kareem means generous, muburak means blessed

~*~Serene~*~
10-29-2005, 03:26 AM
azim--thanks again :D

gand---thanks for this---www.islamqa.com. i try to chill out and calm down for a bit . i'll take your site inshallah for a spin. ;)

eyes_of_mine---thanks :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.