ummAbdillah
11-01-2005, 09:24 PM
dear adminz

how about teen section??
gud idea??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
11-01-2005, 09:37 PM
lol that'd be great, thing is half the memebrs don't like to say their age (dunno why) and it's kinda permissible, anywho i'm all for the idea!

Zuko
11-01-2005, 09:48 PM
How ;bout one for the elderly? :p LOL, just messin'... Anyway, it'd be cool to have one...

Shadow
11-01-2005, 09:52 PM
a section for kids like u guys?
i dont know
as an adult i think it wudnt be a good idea for u kids to have ur own section
u guys arent responsible enough

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
:sl:

I think the gender rooms are enough for the "teens". I think its a better idea if we open one "teen sub-room" in the respective gender rooms. All this teen room sounds for me is a way to intermingle. just my 2 cents.

h1jabi_sista
11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
what!!! all these different sections are getting confusing!!!:heated:
:sister: :w:

Muezzin
11-01-2005, 10:43 PM

'Teen' section? Lawd, no. The private single-gender forums should be enough. They are in the Bro's section at least, but then, we're complete lunatics in there. :)

minaz
11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
we're complete lunatics in there
Hell yeah, lets celebrate to that wanna light some fireworks through letter boxes

~*~Serene~*~
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
PLEASE NO MORE SECTIONS:heated:

BlissfullyJaded
11-01-2005, 10:50 PM

What purpose would a teen section serve? *unsure*

minaz
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Rather than Muslim teenagers going onto other non-Islamic forums (believe you me some of these forums are sooooooo disgusting that they make brother Muezzin look like a monk :p). Anywho I know sometimes the teenagers on LI don't like it when someone 3 times their age makes them look like a 2 year old, so it might be beneficial but not vital.

Muhammad
11-01-2005, 11:20 PM

I currently had the impression that most of the users of LI are actually teens, hence the whole forum is kind of a teen section! And the kind of threads that might fall under a teen category are probably already scattered around the forum - see the halal fun and general chat (and also private) forums for instance.

Hence I doubt anyone has been feeling that they are the only teen in a thread, so there shouldnt be a need to create another section for it.

:w:

baby_muslimah15
11-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Yea I think a teen section would be kool!!! Like from ages 13 to 19.......Hollaz

Halima
11-02-2005, 05:39 AM
I truly don't think we need 'another' section because we have enough sections as it is! For goodness sakes one day this whole forum would explode because there are sooo many sections. I've been posting here for a while and this forum is so big that sometimes i forget where I posted last. I really hate that..lol. It's like I'm losing my thought. I don' think we need a teen section becuase in Islam teenagers are considered adults anyways therefore we don't need two of both. I think the general section can produce fitnah since both members of the sex discuss over there. On some parts of this forum there is a much higher risk for fitnah than others.

~*~Serene~*~
11-02-2005, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
. I've been posting here for a while and this forum is so big that sometimes i forget where I posted last..
I Know what u mean . good lord THIS FORUM IS TOO BIG. I feel like i loose track of what i'm doing. i think i spend a large amount time searching and asking myself " where was that thread i was just reading?" i just did that right now. i went through one section after the next looking for that topic it.:

WE should seriously make a thread with a poll asking" Do u guys think there are to many sections?"

i wonder how many people feel the same way.

Muezzin
11-02-2005, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...
I Know what u mean . good lord THIS FORUM IS TOO BIG. I feel like i loose track of what i'm doing. i think i spend a large amount time searching and asking myself " where was that thread i was just reading?" i just did that right now. i went through one section after the next looking for that topic it.:p
Click User CP at the top left of the screen to display your subscribed threads. Also, just click on your name, and then click 'View more posts by this member', and it'll show all the posts you've made, with links to the threads. See, it's not that hard to find your way ;)

baby_muslimah15
11-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Yea what muezzin said.....But I aint gone lie it is to many threadz, but a teen section would be really kool, I was on dis other froum and they have a teen section...And its a whole lot of people on that site now...This 1 time I wanted 2 show ma mom what I read cuz it was really good(no wait it was sumbodys, signutare) well anywayz it took me like 2 hours finding it(and I still cant find it) that was 5 dayz ago!!!

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 01:24 PM
I dnt mind if we have one or not lol

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM

I think its better not to as it means that if we mingle with those who are no longer teens (boosy adults:statisfie )....then if we as teens do anything wrong....they will be there to put us right. One thing I have noticed is that...wen one teen does sumat wrong....they all make a joke out of it and make it seem as though it is okay.

My opinion? No teen section plz.

Allah ma3akum

m_2005
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM

But aren't a large section of the group teens anyway? So there wouldn't be too big a need for a seperate teen section........

Muezzin
11-02-2005, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m_2005

But aren't a large section of the group teens anyway? So there wouldn't be too big a need for a seperate teen section........
Indeedy. It'd become like 'Dawson's Creek'

Or rather, 'Dashif's Creek'

Or something.

h1jabi_sista
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM

true a large number of brothers and sistas are teens, but i mean, what exactly are they guna learn in the teen section that they cant get from the privet forums or any of the others?:?

Personally i agree with Ameeratul Layl:smile:

allahu alum

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista

true a large number of brothers and sistas are teens, but i mean, what exactly are they guna learn in the teen section that they cant get from the privet forums or any of the others?:?

Personally i agree with Ameeratul Layl:smile:

allahu alum

:giggling: Thanks sis:giggling:
Ppl (with brains) usually do :giggling: :giggling:

~*~Serene~*~
11-02-2005, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Click User CP at the top left of the screen to display your subscribed threads. Also, just click on your name, and then click 'View more posts by this member', and it'll show all the posts you've made, with links to the threads. See, it's not that hard to find your way ;)
thank u:embarrass

baby_muslimah15
11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Okay I kinda see us not having a teen section(but thats just the thing u dont wanna have 2 just private message any1, sumtimes its just cool to see a whole lot of perple yo age and no 1 older or younger can be in it.....Well except the SuperModz, etc.......But thats just how I see it)

BTW sis Ameeratul Layl, I have brains too:okay:Just not using it on dis thread.......Hollaz:peace:

Halima
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by baby_muslimah15
Okay I kinda see us not having a teen section(but thats just the thing u dont wanna have 2 just private message any1, sumtimes its just cool to see a whole lot of perple yo age and no 1 older or younger can be in it.....Well except the SuperModz, etc.......But thats just how I see it)

BTW sis Ameeratul Layl, I have brains too:okay:Just not using it on dis thread.......Hollaz:peace:
I think that you are even smarter than I am! Gurl you are Albert Einstein:okay: you are a supa-dupa genius:thankyou:

ummAbdillah
11-02-2005, 06:42 PM
:giggling: lol u lotz r jokahz
salaamzz

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-02-2005, 06:43 PM

Thread is going off topic :anger:

Danish
11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
what would be a point of such a thread? what r u suppose to talk about? And how is that related to islam?

ola
11-02-2005, 07:09 PM
slmz ppl
dats a kooooooooool idea im 100% agreeing wid u ppl
plzzzzzzzz agreeeee
gd idea thx a lot
bye
ola
anywayz like from 13 to 20

baby_muslimah15
11-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Well since Bro Ahmed said thread is goin off topic......Let me just say I want a teen section.........Oh yea Halimah are you pulling ma chain????

sana1
11-02-2005, 09:14 PM
wkd teen section wat do we do?

minaz
11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
we discuss teen issues in an islamic manner with no intermingling - yeh FAT CHANCE! :P

Umm Yoosuf
11-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum!

So against the idea! Anti-teen:mad: So many of them here:uuh: . Nah seriously i don't think theres a need for it. Theres the prviate rooms for sisters and brothers. They can talk about matters there :). I DO NOT see a NEED for it:X

sana1
11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
wher is that?

Umm Yoosuf
11-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Wheres what?

sana1
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Theres the prviate rooms for sisters and brothers

Umm Yoosuf
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Ok your kinda confusing me sis:uhwhat :enough!:

sana1
11-02-2005, 10:24 PM
4get it bro just chill

Umm Yoosuf
11-02-2005, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sana1
4get it bro just chill
*Raises her eyebrows* I think you'll find i am a sister Alhamdulilaah:statisfie

sana1
11-02-2005, 10:31 PM
oh am realllllly soriiiiiiii am really tired thats y plz 4give me

Umm Yoosuf
11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Dearest sis theres nothing to forgive:loving: just a lil mistake. Khayr Insha Allah:)

wafa islam
12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Asalamu alaykum sister

It sounds okay, but i dont think people would use it right, all people are not right- minded...

Wa alaykuma asalmu wa rahmato 'llahi wa barakatoh

Muezzin
12-21-2005, 08:39 PM

We don't need a teen section. We've already got separate sections for each gender - don't be a freakin' idiot!

'Gosh!'

Do something more important, like voting for Pedro Sanchez, or breeding ligers - they're like a lion and a tiger mixed - for their magic ability.

Now quit ruining our lives and eating all our steak!

Syed Hussain
12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
ASW
mashallah your forums are alhamdullillah beneficial. its only missing age section. if you have a teenage section inshallah d brothers and sisters will be able to discuss problems that they are suffering from, if any, as they may be similar because they are of same age. Inshallah
ASW

Halima
12-21-2005, 09:36 PM

See Ahkee, that is why we have the cyber-counseling section for. To discuss problems. Besides that we don't need a teenage section becuase if you want tell ur age u can say so in your profile.

Syed Hussain
12-21-2005, 09:42 PM
ASW
its not only broblems teenagers can discuss maybe school life or social life because they will be in each others shoes as they are of same age and will be able to understand how life is right now. as they will have similar attitudes towards it.
ASW

sapphire
12-21-2005, 09:58 PM
a teen section????teens are people between the age of 13 and 19.....well everyone on this forum sounds young so it is like a young forum...wouldnt say teennn though......

asma2
12-22-2005, 11:47 AM
yeah i agree

sapphire
12-22-2005, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
teen section ?
tht doesnt sound necessary :-\

if someone suggest a section for the elder group[18+]. i may vote for it.
some matters r not better discussed wid the younger lot.........:zip:

aah i remember tht was suggested sometime bak...

Age dont matter.....maturity does.....

sapphire
12-22-2005, 12:58 PM
u dnt calculate it its just known...the more you go through in life the more you mature through life experience.......

sapphire
12-22-2005, 01:11 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!i ment that the whole forum is fine how it is as it is.....no need for new sections for restricted ages.......

Muhammad
12-22-2005, 07:54 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Hussain
ASW
its not only broblems teenagers can discuss maybe school life or social life because they will be in each others shoes as they are of same age and will be able to understand how life is right now. as they will have similar attitudes towards it.
ASW
For this we have the 'Education Issues' forum, which I think covers what you said above, brother :).

Ghazi
12-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Salaam

What happens when one of these so called teens has a question where do you think were gonna go

*charisma*
12-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I dont think a teen section is necessary.
At least 80% of this whole forum is probably teens, and if anything what would we discuss? most likely general stuff and experiences, in which we already have specified forums to do that in. Also theres already enough mixing as it is, we dont want to promote anymore..and nothing can come good out of it anyway, we need to make more islamic forums not more socialized ones.

Jazakum Allah khair

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Muhammad
12-22-2005, 08:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

What happens when one of these so called teens has a question where do you think were gonna go
While we welcome questions on Islam and will try to help you out with your issues, we do have a rule which states:

12. This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
Questions regarding Islam are often posted in Basics of Islam, or when coming from non-muslims, can appear in Comparative Religion, and for more personal complications, tend to be presented in Cyber Counselling.

As has been said above, most of the members here are already teens, so you can think of the whole forum as being a 'teen section' that has been subdivided :).

Halima
12-22-2005, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Everything is supposed to be segregated. From the brothers to the sisters. If there was a teen section created then everyone will be free-posting off the hook. I think that is why we have brother's and sister's section for. If we have a teen section, there will be some things discussed that members of the opposite sex are not allowed to see:confused: . Besides that, a teen's section is like the inital period of becoming adult. By the time we are teens everything is supposed to be segreagted.

MuslimaH~SistaH
12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lovly_lady
dear adminz

how about teen section??
gud idea??
Sounds good to me.:)

Muezzin
12-30-2005, 08:12 PM
I think we should go one better than a teens section.

We should have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles section.

afriend
12-30-2005, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shadow
a section for kids like u guys?
i dont know
as an adult i think it wudnt be a good idea for u kids to have ur own section
u guys arent responsible enough
Yeah probably a bad idea...teens are not all matured yet so it's bound to be trouble...But still considered the thought!

afriend
12-30-2005, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think we should go one better than a teens section.

We should have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles section.
LOL

I think you're known for your ability to make people happy and laugh...May Allah Guide you Bro.

Tasneem
12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
[MAD]No teen section[/MAD]

[S]Too much fitnah[/S]

Of course im a teen too but still i toatally disagree with
The whole teen section thing.:confused:
Too much fitnah involved with that.
And if we do get a teen section what is going to be posted up in there?:confused:

If we're gonna get a teen section then why not it be gender teen rooms
One for brothers(Who are teens)and sisters(who are teens)
Then fine but maybe the brothers section and sisters section is :enough!:

SaLaMz:peace:

ummAbdillah
12-30-2005, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Muezzin;137544]I think we should go one better than a teens section.

We should have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles section
:lol:
wat a jokah :giggling:
like that will ever happen bro
:peace:

afriend
12-31-2005, 12:04 AM
But if there is a Monitor that makes sure that nothing bad is ever posted on the threads...then most likely have a thought about it

Inshallah

KAZ
01-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Yo, teen-section is'nt a bad idea afterall,us bro's and sis's should try talking talking to each other on our thoughts[BANANA][/BANANA]

Muhammad
01-04-2006, 06:17 PM

I don't think there is going to be a teen section due to the reasons repeated earlier in this thread, therefore there is not much point in continuing with this thread.

Jazakallahu Khayr,

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.