PDA

View Full Version : What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you?



j50yab
11-02-2005, 02:40 PM
:sl:

Has anyone done something for you where you thought "how nice?"
Even if it was as simple as holding a door open for you?

It could muslim or non-muslim. As we all know one good deed can be your ticket to Paradise if Allah SWT so wills. Just remember the Man & The Thirsty Dog.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
j50yab
11-02-2005, 02:50 PM
:sl:

We were shopping in Mecca during on ur Hajj trip. My wife was seriously thinking of wearing a niqaab. So we were in a shop and she was trying on her third or fourth one (apparently they are all different - they all look the same to me). Any way this lady came into the shop, she herself had niqaab on, and she saw my wife trying them on. The lady then pointed out that the one she had on suited her really well. My wife agreed. As I was about to pay for the selected niqaab the lady told the shopkeeper not to take our money and that she would pay for the item. My wife was gobsmacked as I was. This total stranger whom we had never met or spoken to before wanted to give the niqaab to us as a gift. My wife started to cry and hugged and thanked the lady. Hey it even brought a tear to my eye.
Reply

- Qatada -
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
wow masha Allah.. its well rare for a situation like that to happen in the world. most people only care about themselves and this may seem krazy, buh if you smile at someone in the street - they'll look at u funi because they'll think u upto somthin. thats wa happened to me anyway... and NO i dont stare and smile at sisters lol.


wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
Reply

S_87
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
:sl:
aw thats sweets
oh! yesterday this old man let me go ahead of him in the shopping queue
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by j50yab
:sl:

We were shopping in Mecca during on ur Hajj trip. My wife was seriously thinking of wearing a niqaab. So we were in a shop and she was trying on her third or fourth one (apparently they are all different - they all look the same to me). Any way this lady came into the shop, she herself had niqaab on, and she saw my wife trying them on. The lady then pointed out that the one she had on suited her really well. My wife agreed. As I was about to pay for the selected niqaab the lady told the shopkeeper not to take our money and that she would pay for the item. My wife was gobsmacked as I was. This total stranger whom we had never met or spoken to before wanted to give the niqaab to us as a gift. My wife started to cry and hugged and thanked the lady. Hey it even brought a tear to my eye.

:w:
Awww....wat a moving story. Wat a lovely lady.:loving: :loving:

Allah ma3ak
Reply

Zuko
11-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Well this one might not seem like so much but I'll tell ya anyway. You see my dad's a HEAVY phone user. He's always on his phone and uses around 5,000 minutes a month. He picked me up from school one day and we started talking about the signs of the day of judgment. He got a phone call in between and talked for a minute. Since I'm used to it I didn't care and turned around, but then he goes to his friend, "Wait, I have another line." I thought he really did and didn't pay any attention until when right there he shut off the phone and said, "So you were saying?" I thought that was sooo sweet of him.
Reply

Halima
11-02-2005, 06:18 PM
what's the nicest thing someone done for me?


Just recently this past Ramadan, I had accidently locked my keys in my car. I had no spare keys or anything. My parents weren't with me. i had no one to turn to and i was completely scared. I told this one sister and she stood out in the cold trying to pry open my window so that I can get my keys out. she finally got it out!..and if she didn't get it out, I would've been in hott water.
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Aalimah
Well this one might not seem like so much but I'll tell ya anyway. You see my dad's a HEAVY phone user. He's always on his phone and uses around 5,000 minutes a month. He picked me up from school one day and we started talking about the signs of the day of judgment. He got a phone call in between and talked for a minute. Since I'm used to it I didn't care and turned around, but then he goes to his friend, "Wait, I have another line." I thought he really did and didn't pay any attention until when right there he shut off the phone and said, "So you were saying?" I thought that was sooo sweet of him.
:sl:
Aww. wat a sweet daddy:giggling:

Allah ma3ik

p.s: my mom shoves me off wen she is on the phone.:giggling:

Originally Posted by zAk
can't recall all gud work living among gud ppl, but the latest gud deed done for me was :
:sl:
aaaww....that really really is sweet.

Allah ma3ak
Reply

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

awwh!! subhanalah so swt masha Allah, if anyone treats me with respect or speak ina good manner i smile all day lol...anyways ermm i guess the sweetest thing that has ever happaned to me is ma cousin he brought this somasoa and he made me eat it from his hands lol..it was embarassing and sweet at the same time.

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu
Reply

baby_muslimah15
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by akhee
wow masha Allah.. its well rare for a situation like that to happen in the world. most people only care about themselves and this may seem krazy, buh if you smile at someone in the street - they'll look at u funi because they'll think u upto somthin. thats wa happened to me anyway... and NO i dont stare and smile at sisters lol.


wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.
Surrrrrre:giggling: you dont(loool) Well the nicest thing any1 has ever done 2 me was when I was over ma moms friends house getting ma hair done, and she has alot of kidz, but one of them has a really smart mouth(I mean make u wanna smack her) but I didnt, well anywayz shes 9 I think or 8 dunno, and everytime she see me she get all smart and be like you got a eye problem(but dis 1 time I had 2 brake fast, and I wanted sumthin besides water, so she offered me her snickers) I was like OMG is this the same gurl who alwayz got sumthin 2 say(but deep deep down inside, shes realllly sensitive) I mean realllly sensitive.......This just happend yesterday tooo:okay:, Salaamz
Reply

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by zAk
can't recall all gud work living among gud ppl, but the latest gud deed done for me was :
awwwwwwwwh!!! so swt masha Allah
Reply

m_2005
11-02-2005, 06:30 PM
:sl:

I guess one of the nicest things a random stranger has done for me is last ramadhan, there was like 10 minutes left til iftar, I was waiting for the bus to come so I could go to the masjid, it was raining heavily. I noticed a muslim guy with a beard drive past with his kid. A couple of minutes later i noticed the same guy driving back up in the other direction, he stopped the car near me, and called me in, dropped me off right outside the masjid, just cos he saw I was a muslim on the way to the masjid
Reply

Rabi'ya
11-02-2005, 06:46 PM
:sl:

I recently moved back home to live with my mum and brother. The only place which sells halal meat of any kind is the local indian takeaway. I went to buy my favourite - lamb rice - to find a new guy working there. I already knew the owner of the takeaway and started talking a little with the young guy who was working there. I happened to mention that Id just moved back to my home town and was looking for a job but that at the moment money was a bit tight. Not only did he give me the food for free but that night he dropped by my house at like 2am and shoved an envelope thru the door with £50 in it. He phoned me at Fajr time and goes "check your doors locked before you go back to sleep" he made me do it while i was on the phone so he knew i got the envelope. I couldnt say anything to him except JazakAllah and hes like "what?!"

Even to this day he refuses to acknowledge anything but I am so grateful to him because he helped me so much. He often used to drop food round the house. But mashAllah since Ive got a job now, he limits his contact. He will send a msg via the guy who owns the takeaways wife jsut to check how I am. but we dont really talk much.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

Zuko
11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
^^^^ Masha'allah!!!
Reply

h1jabi_sista
11-02-2005, 07:07 PM
:sl:

awww it doesnt make the world seem so bad when u put it like that. mashallah we should focus of the positive aspects more often.

i cant remember when i recieve nice things done for me but, when they happen im smiling all day:sister:

its not so much the big things but its the small simple things. Just like, when your walking through a town, and somebody will randomly smile at you.

just simple things......

:w:
Reply

j50yab
11-02-2005, 07:40 PM
:sl:

My wife and son were in a farm nearby our house. My wife usually takes him there as part of his home schooling. He helps with collecting chicken eggs and helps with the rabbits. Anyway one day at the farm my wife was talking to the female farmer when my son wandered off chasing ducks. All of a sudden there was a loud splash. He had fallen into the duck pond. My wife raced over and pulled him out. Alhumdollilah Hamzah was fine. He was soaked to the skin and freezing cold. The farmer got a towel for him and my wife dried him a bit but he was still freezing cold in all his wet clothes. Then a NON-Muslim woman who saw the whole thing took off her coat and told my wife to wrap it around him. My wife thanked this lady, who she had never met before, and asked her for her address so that she may return her coat. The lady said "don't worry about the coat, you just get the young man home in the warm" and with that she walked off on a cold morning without her coat. My wife was stunned. I was stunned when I was told of what happened.


As the sister said earlier we need to look at positive things in this world and suddenly it does not seem such a bad place!
Reply

Zuko
11-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Whoa!!!! Masha'allah!!!
Reply

Protected_Diamond
11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
awwwh!! that's well sweet masha Allah

it's just the minority that are mean but the majority are quite decnet and sweet folks
Reply

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-02-2005, 11:20 PM
I was supposed to be working on Eid day and there was no way i could book holiday. Luckily for me a non muslim worker told me without even me asking her that she would cover me, she'll come in on her day off. Thats the most recent one..
Reply

Rabi'ya
11-03-2005, 12:37 PM
I did that before I reverted for a Muslim friend. IT was obviously important to him and the boss wudnt let him take it off - despite the boss being Muslim himself.!!!
:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

h1jabi_sista
11-04-2005, 11:47 AM
:sl:

eh? your joking? if he was muslim himself, did he take a day off?
:smile:

:w:
Reply

Protected_Diamond
11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

my sister's boss is a muslim too and he doesn't take the day off and he doesn't let her take the day off either which is crazy kasme, as muslim we should all be celebrating and not working beacuse Allah s.w.a is really happy on eid therefore we should be happy too, and not working

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 08:14 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 10:07 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!