/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our Children and Drugs!!!

Desai
11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
:sl:
How many youths have we seen dealing drugs in street corners? This is the scenario, we have muslims supplying to muslims and in the long run killing the muslims (supplying to our own ummah). Is this what islam is all about? I would like to mention a few points here. The first thing that surprises me is, how come every Tom, ****, and Harry knows everything related to drugs? You go up the street you ask an 8 or a 9 year old, he would know where you can purchase them, and who sells them!!!. The other thing I like to mention is, in the last few years, few muslim brothers (that I know) were in such a state that they were intoxicated, or were on a high class drug and died in an accident. By Allah (SWT) we are in no postion to judge anyone as we dont even know what our outcome is going to be, how we are going to die what our soul is going to be like. The issues on drugs are always brushed under the carpet and knowbody really wants to address them. What will the day be like for the believing muslim on the day he/she meets his lord in such conditions?

Lets pray to Allah (SWT) that we all die with iman and with a good death.
May Allah protect our children and our youths from this horrible fitnah.

What are the present conditons of our youths relating to drugs and intoxicants in other parts of the world?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
m_2005
11-05-2005, 12:10 AM

It's true, drugs have become very common these days, so much so, that those who do drugs are the ones who are respected and the ones that have loads of friends. In my school, drugs were smoked on a daily basis by everyone, I've not seen anyone do drugs in college, but it's mainly kids that are doing drugs these days, and its worrying, because drugs are also intoxicants, and they are digging themselves into deeper holes, and will end up in a vicious cycle.

May Allah give them guidance

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 06:07 AM
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

brother, i totally agree with you i think it's a major which needs to be dealth with beacuse during this ramzaan i was so shocked to see the brothers and eevn some of the sisters SMOKING, there is no excuse for not fasting as we all know, but apparantley it's 'so cool' not to fast and fit in with the rest of the world.I was so upsewt after witnessing this that i even talked about ti to the imaan and we decided that we will try and promote islamic studies to them insha Allah let's hope the talk about islam will encourage them and bring awareness to thier soul's ameen! it's soo frightnening waht's happaning to the ummah? we getting worse than the non-muslims!

o Allah s.w.a please help us and guide us to see the truth ameen!

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

modez
11-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I know exactly wht u mean. Its proper rough where i live. It was all calm during ramadan went, as soon as ramadan went BaNg, dealings have started.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
j50yab
11-05-2005, 03:07 PM

I work as a part time youth worker and I deal with a lot of teenagers. My experience tell me that drugs are so easily available. And it is muslim brothers who deal to our own. When I talk to these guys the majority of them know it is wrong to take drugs but do it as their mates do. Peer prerssure. It is along with all their designer gear a fashion statement. Insha Allah the majority of them WILL grow out of it. It is the small number who deal and will try the harder drugs that we need to work with.

Also if you know a muslim is dealing drugs would you report them to the police?

czgibson
11-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Greetings,

I think people need to be very careful when talking about "drugs". Aspirin is a drug - are we worried about children taking that? There are many different (illegal) drugs available, and they have different effects and varying risk-factors. For instance, crack cocaine is far more harmful and addictive than ecstasy. Be clear which drugs you are talking about, otherwise the debate will not be useful or informative in any way. The only way to defeat the problem is to try and understand it, and simply saying "drugs are bad" will not help at all.

Peace

Safa
11-05-2005, 03:45 PM

True, some drugs like crack cocaine and heroine have serious risk factors and people need to realize the seriousness of their effects. The more one knows about them the more they are likely to avoid them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.