/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A humble request to my brothers and sisters

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
:sl: & peace! to all who use this forum

I ave noticed recently that a lot of very good and beneficial threads have been started. I am mainly thinking about the "niqab" and the "hijab" threads.

These threads serve as an excellent place for non-muslims to clear any queries they have about these aspects of Islam. And are an excellent place for da'wah within the board.

These threads have recently been closed because some members refuse to abide by forum rules and can only seem to argue and post off-topic posts. These off-topic posts not only deter us from the issue at hand, but also can be offensive and rude to other members of the board.

We must remember that this board is taken as an example of Muslim behaviour and if we continue to act in the childish way, it will being a worse reputation upon Islam and us as Muslims.

I request that brothers and sisters in Islam think twice before posting, and consider the audience to which they are replying is not only Muslim. Plase realise that these threads can serve a very important purpose.

JazakAllah kheir....

I hope this behaviour is not repeated as it puts us in a bad light

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM

I couldn't have put better myself. These off topic post are and irritating and disappointing. Please respect this request.

Z
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Peace.

Hey, I use whine about the off-topic posts months ago. Still no change.

Ameeratul Layl
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
:sl:

Sr rabiyah. U have shown and pretty much so, proven that women are the ones that hold such intelligent brains!!
For that; u deserve reppy points.:giggling:

Well done sissy!!!:loving:

Allah ma3ik

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Well with the amount of people on the board now it shudnt be hard to stay on topic and for the reasons afore-mentioned i really thin it is beneficial for us to stay on topic.

i understand that somtimes offtopic posts get posted in places like halal fun etc, but things where we are debating some very important issues, like the niqab ad hijab, i think need to remain respected and kept on topic as much as possible.

Theres a time and place for off topic posts, but i feel that these threads are not them

Z
11-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Peace.

Yeah, reps for her!

DaSangarTalib
11-09-2005, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
:sl: & peace! to all who use this forum

I ave noticed recently that a lot of very good and beneficial threads have been started. I am mainly thinking about the "niqab" and the "hijab" threads.

These threads serve as an excellent place for non-muslims to clear any queries they have about these aspects of Islam. And are an excellent place for da'wah within the board.

These threads have recently been closed because some members refuse to abide by forum rules and can only seem to argue and post off-topic posts. These off-topic posts not only deter us from the issue at hand, but also can be offensive and rude to other members of the board.

We must remember that this board is taken as an example of Muslim behaviour and if we continue to act in the childish way, it will being a worse reputation upon Islam and us as Muslims.

I request that brothers and sisters in Islam think twice before posting, and consider the audience to which they are replying is not only Muslim. Plase realise that these threads can serve a very important purpose.

JazakAllah kheir....

I hope this behaviour is not repeated as it puts us in a bad light

Thats It Rabi'ya:coolsis: you tell em:smile:

Rabi'ya
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM
JazakAllah for posting, i just hope, inshAllah that everyone listens to the request as previous requests (not by me)have been ignored....

Rabi'ya:rosE:

Halima
11-09-2005, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah

I couldn't have put better myself. These off topic post are and irritating and disappointing. Please respect this request.

even more diappointing is that they attract free-mixing :unhappy:

Danish
11-09-2005, 07:33 PM
well, tryin' my best not to fly off topics since last month or so...donna if any1 noticed it :(

ABWAN
11-10-2005, 06:32 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I am so glad someone pointed this out...Can we please please add usage of proper language (no slang & abusive words) and enforce it properly as well ?

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
This is a very valid point brother. There needs to be some careful use of language too, although I have to say Ive not noticed it to any great amount.
The name calling which has gone on recently was appalling and needs to be stopped. Its breaks us apart and we should be standing united as ONE UMMAH not as indivviduals who happen to follow a way of life. We need to be supporting each other not having arguments and fights.

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 09:34 AM
salam
jazakallah sis, may we all learn from this inshallah
wasalam

meknesi
11-10-2005, 11:43 AM
its not possible to stay on topic if someone else goes of the topic....if they do then naturally u are going to answer them for whatever they ask.......so you see people naturally will star of one convo and sometimes end up with something else....what can you do.......

Ameeratul Layl
11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by meknesi
its not possible to stay on topic if someone else goes of the topic....if they do then naturally u are going to answer them for whatever they ask.......so you see people naturally will star of one convo and sometimes end up with something else....what can you do.......

:sl: That is sooooooo true brother.:hmm:

meknesi
11-10-2005, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
:sl: That is sooooooo true brother.:hmm:
jazakallah sister.:peace:

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by meknesi
:sl: brother

I accept that sometimes the topics can naturally take a turn onto an off topic subject, but this can be dealt with and then return to the original topic, inshaAllah.

what I am more specifically refering to is the off topic posts where people are arguing, being abusive, or simply posting irrellavent(sp?) posts. I have been guilty of this in the past, but over the past week I have noticed a significant increase in people being abusive and argumentative. I just wish to put a stop to this.

If the posts are related to the topic even vaguely then I cant see a problem as long as you try your best to stick to the topic, inshAllah

meknesi
11-10-2005, 11:59 AM

I accept that sometimes the topics can naturally take a turn onto an off topic subject, but this can be dealt with and then return to the original topic, inshaAllah.

what I am more specifically refering to is the off topic posts where people are arguing, being abusive, or simply posting irrellavent(sp?) posts. I have been guilty of this in the past, but over the past week I have noticed a significant increase in people being abusive and argumentative. I just wish to put a stop to this.

If the posts are related to the topic even vaguely then I cant see a problem as long as you try your best to stick to the topic, inshAllah

im not sure if im one of the culprits can you give me an example pls?

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 12:01 PM
I dont want to name names, it doesnt really matter as long as it doesnt happen again.

meknesi
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I dont want to name names, it doesnt really matter as long as it doesnt happen again.

im not asking for names jus an example

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 12:07 PM

this really isnt going to be beneficial. If I give you examples then you will be able to see who they were.

All my request was, was to stop any further beneficial threads being ruined and closed because some members of this online community cannot control their posting habits.

I really cant say whether you have been the cause of any within my recollection but im sure others know who they are. some of the general chat threads are precisely for chatting whereas some of the other more involved threads or opinion threads need to be kept solely on track. I think I have made my point already, and have provided some examples.

Z
11-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Peace.

Yeah, I have to agree with most of the things said in this topic. I personally feel there is one member who is just jealous of me. Always bickering on about me and my attitude, when if they were to look into a mirror (providing it didn't shatter upon their sight) would find they are not everything they say I am, but far worse.

What is it with these jealous, vile, and vindictive human beings?

If you want examples, I can show you plenty. But I suppose that isn't going to be nice, shaming this immature person up. May God help their poor, lost, and confused soul.

Ameeratul Layl
11-10-2005, 12:10 PM
If you want examples, I can show you plenty. But I suppose that isn't going to be nice, shaming this immature person up.

Nope. I dont think I wud if I were u bro.:playing:

May God help their poor, lost, and confused soul.[/QUOTE]

Amen.lol.

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 12:11 PM
salam
lets just hope and pray to allah that we benefit from this forum more and that we learn good things about islam and hope that people don't free post anymore inshallah
maybe if you name the person, they will realise that what they are doing is wrong??
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
salam
that is true bro mashallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-10-2005, 12:19 PM
the prob is....... most of them refuse to accept they did something wrong ! :-\
#

Ahhh. u see....thats bprobably bcuz the mods arent really interested in wat they are saying. :rollseyes :hmm:

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 12:20 PM
salam
or maybe the mods don't treat fellow members fairly...
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I think people who constantly free-post shud be given temporary bans. and longer temp bans for the people who continually offend.

you mods need to toughen up and you either need to be online longer hours or need to install some kind of lower ranked mods who can police while you're not online.

Z
11-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Peace.

Make me a mod. Problem solved!

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 12:26 PM
its not as simple as that, brother....

The admins need to do something i think. and they would need to chose the mods based on their experience.

Ameeratul Layl
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
its not as simple as that, brother....

The admins need to do something i think. and they would need to chose the mods based on their experience.

:sl: Im def off the list then.:-\

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
salam
i don't mind being a mod, as i am online most of the time during days, but it is up to the mods
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 12:31 PM
lol, look at all you guys queueing up to be mods and the admins aint even sed they gonna luk for more mods. haha. i was only suggesting a way to solve the problem. lol

there are many people who are online during various hours.maybe if people stop being argumentative and stopped freeposting on the threads then there will be no need for any changes.

MetSudaisTwice
11-10-2005, 12:37 PM
salam
yes mashallah that is true sis, well said
wasalam

Muezzin
11-10-2005, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
now this is an example how a topic changes to OFFTOPIC ^ :-\
And I've not even posted yet! :p

But seriously, I think the mods are doing a good enough job as it is. I also think if a person is asking to be a mod, they're just interested in the 'power' rather than the responsibilities it entails. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Check out the new rules Muhammad posted in 'News and Announcements' and I think you'll agree the mods are doing an adequate job.

- Qatada -
11-10-2005, 07:55 PM
no offence to the modz.. but i think the jobz kinda borin. all you gota do is 'merge threadz' lol. but yeh like bro muezzin said - most people probably just do it for power..

its better to be chosen instead.. like the modz have been.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Rabi'ya
11-11-2005, 09:26 AM
I think this thread has served its purpose brother zAk.

If I could request for the mods to lock it up now. Ive made my point

Far7an
11-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Assalamu alaikum

you mods need to toughen up and you either need to be online longer hours or need to install some kind of lower ranked mods who can police while you're not online.
Yes, but you also have to understand, that is hard to read every post on the forum. Which is why we have given the option to members to report a post, if they feel it is innappropriate. Alhamdulillah many members make use of this already.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.