/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Off topic Posting

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-09-2005, 10:41 PM
:sl:

Basically the title gives it away. Theres been a sudden uproar of this kind of posts. Some people just go into topics and then suddenly start changing it and posting things completely irrelevent and off topic. Im not just saying this here to annoy the mods etc, Alhamdullilah you are doing a good job but i think being a little more strict can help.
Mods should really please have a word with these people, and get them to control themselves from making every topic a joke and posting some thing not related with the topic in question. and- the Imams of the Haramains somehow manage to get dragged into many a topics not concerning them at all.

Me being an old member, i hate to see LI lose its quality. Didnt want to do this but being an old member i hate to see new people come in and ruin the image and quality of the forums. Not saying all new people are doing this, ALhamdullilah they are not, but there are some peple here who need to be given a talk by the Mods Inshallah, if they don't take heed, than this board can do without them. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
11-09-2005, 11:44 PM

Indeed, LI is going through a degrading state, where much unacceptable behaviour is taking place and changing the course of our journey to become a better, and more beneficial environment. It can be easy to forget the main ideas behind the forum:

- The mission of our e-Islamic community is to help foster a better understanding of Islam

- Help build an e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image

- The purpose of this forum is to educate non-Muslims and Muslims about Islam and its tenets
And Alhamdulillah, it is nice to see members concerned about the welfare of the forum, hence I thank brother Ahmed and also sister Rabi'ya for expressing their much needed opinions, Jazakallaahu Khayr.

As you will be aware, there are a number of issues in need of serious attention. These include:
  • A high number of irrelevant, off-topic, useless posts in a large proportion of threads (Freeposting)
  • Members of opposite genders speaking to each other freely, without a sense of shame or practicing online 'Hijab' (Freemixing)
  • A large number of meaningless threads that serve no value whatsoever to the aims and objectives of the forum mentioned above
  • An increasing amount of arguments and indecent attitude between members that is destroying the friendly environment
The following is what measures we have taken:
  • Increased warnings via pm to members
  • Introduction of warning system
  • Bans for repeat offenders
As of the near future, we will begin to practice new rules and regulations which will be further explained elsewhere Insha'Allaah, and these include:
  • Being more strict regarding the topics of threads
  • Implementing the new warning system (details to follow later)
  • Harsher/more frequent treatment of offenders and a higher level of intolerance to be demonstrated
We have no problem with our brothers and sisters enjoying themselves, as learning should be fun, but it should be done in accordance with the laws of Islaam, outlined to us in the Quran and Sunnah. There are few members who ruin this enjoyment for others, and we intend to clamp down on them.

All this is with the intention of the betterment of the forum, the promotion of Islamic knowledge and above all, the Pleasure of Allaah (swt) Insha'Allaah. Therefore, in order for the forum to be the success that we all wish it to be, we require the continued cooperation of all members and constant recognition of limits at all times.

May Allaah make this forum a source of knowledge and benefit for all, Aameen.

:w:

LI Staff :)

AabiruSabeel
06-18-2011, 07:48 PM

Bumping the thread, as a reminder to all.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Ahh the little me!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!