/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ The Needy One ~

DaSangarTalib
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Prepared by Muhammad Alshareef

Shaykh Sa'eed ibn Musfir tells the following account...

I was walking out of the Haram (the Ka'bah in Makkah) when I saw a man begging from everyone that passed by him.

Just then a man who had parked his tinted Mercedes excessively close to the Haram in a designated VIP parking walked passed the beggar on his way to his car. As he pulled the keys out and the alarm did the 'whup whup', the beggar raised his finger to the sky and said, "Please, for the sake of Allah!"

Trying to end the moment and avoid a dip into the pocket, the Mercedes man said back, "Allah will provide!" The beggar said back, "What! Did you at any moment think that I thought YOU were my provider! I'm not asking for your provision, I KNOW Allah will provide for me."

Shaykh Misfir continues. The two stood there staring at one another for a moment and then the Mercedes tinted windows came up and the man drove away.

A needy African sister who was sitting nearby on the street selling textiles was moved by the incident. She did not have much, but from what she did have, she pulled out 1 riyal and placed it in the hands of that beggar. He smiled and went on his way.

Meanwhile the Mercedes man could not drive on with the choke of guilt. He turned the car around and made his way through the crowd to the place where the incident had happened.

Shaykh Misfir says...I saw with my own eyes as he pulled out a 10 riyal bill from his briefcase to give to the beggar. But he looked left and right and could not find him.

What was he to do? He had already pulled out the bill to give for the sake of Allah and was not going to put it back. So he found the nearest person he thought was worthy of the bill, placed it in her lap and went on his way.

The 10 riyals sat in the lap of the sister that had given the beggar!

Hazrat Abu Hurairah(R.A.) reported that Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) has said that Allah's injunction is: "O my servants! Spend and you will be given." (Bukhari, Muslim)
Hazrat Abdullah bin Abbas(R.A.) reported that Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) has said that "Charity does not diminish wealth. (Tibrani)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Safiya
11-10-2005, 06:42 PM
:sl:

JazakAllâh..

meknesi
11-10-2005, 06:51 PM
subhanallah

Qurratul Ayn
11-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazak'allah Khair for that post Brother!!! That was great!!

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Alhamdulillah.

Good story, with a good moral

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

PS I like your posts brother - keep it up!

MetSudaisTwice
11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
salam
subhanallah
mashall such a great post
jazakallah
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 12:39 PM
salam
cany anyone help me? i was wondering if anyone had similar stories of real life account of charity or poverty like the one below? the one below is mashallah such a great story but i want to read something that is much longer and detailed than the one below.
i would appreciate if people could post more longer and detailed stories from thier own expereience or from the internet. the story has to be of this time and era
here is the type of story i am looking for

Shaykh Sa'eed ibn Musfir tells the following account...

I was walking out of the Haram (the Ka'bah in Makkah) when I saw a man begging from everyone that passed by him.

Just then a man who had parked his tinted Mercedes excessively close to the Haram in a designated VIP parking walked passed the beggar on his way to his car. As he pulled the keys out and the alarm did the 'whup whup', the beggar raised his finger to the sky and said, "Please, for the sake of Allah!"

Trying to end the moment and avoid a dip into the pocket, the Mercedes man said back, "Allah will provide!" The beggar said back, "What! Did you at any moment think that I thought YOU were my provider! I'm not asking for your provision, I KNOW Allah will provide for me."

Shaykh Misfir continues. The two stood there staring at one another for a moment and then the Mercedes tinted windows came up and the man drove away.

A needy African sister who was sitting nearby on the street selling textiles was moved by the incident. She did not have much, but from what she did have, she pulled out 1 riyal and placed it in the hands of that beggar. He smiled and went on his way.

Meanwhile the Mercedes man could not drive on with the choke of guilt. He turned the car around and made his way through the crowd to the place where the incident had happened.

Shaykh Misfir says...I saw with my own eyes as he pulled out a 10 riyal bill from his briefcase to give to the beggar. But he looked left and right and could not find him.

What was he to do? He had already pulled out the bill to give for the sake of Allah and was not going to put it back. So he found the nearest person he thought was worthy of the bill, placed it in her lap and went on his way.

The 10 riyals sat in the lap of the sister that had given the beggar!

Hazrat Abu Hurairah(R.A.) reported that Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) has said that Allah's injunction is: "O my servants! Spend and you will be given." (Bukhari, Muslim)
Hazrat Abdullah bin Abbas(R.A.) reported that Rasulullah(sallallaahu alaiyhi wassallam) has said that "Charity does not diminish wealth. (Tibrani)

jazakallah if you can help me
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 12:54 PM
salam
coz i was wondering if anyone could post real life experience from themselves or from the internet of a similar story but the story has to be longer and more detailed
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 02:11 PM
salam
can anyone help?
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Sorry bro, this story has also been posted here

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...needy-one.html

full time mods can you merge?(im only half a mod :()

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
salam
no sis, i know that
i posted that story because i wanted a similar real life story like that but only it has to be more detailed and longer
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-17-2005, 02:18 PM
oh right, i apologise....jsut thought that it would carry on from the other brothers thread....and people cud comment there..

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 02:20 PM
salam
no sis, mashallah the story is really great but i need something similar to that but only it has to be a longer story in more detail
so if anyone can post from thier own experience or from the internet then please do post it
wasalam

Khaldun
11-17-2005, 02:34 PM

mashAllah. My cousin who studies at the Uni in Madinah told me about when he went to Makkah the last few days of Ramadan in prusuit of knowledge. And you know how students are financially, yeah so this wealthy man came up to the group of students and told them he is a wealthy man and had come to the haram for the sole perpose of giving out charity for students of knowledge, and subhanAllah he gave them a considerable amount of money, not just one but to each and everyone in the group. I know its not a detailed story but it goes to show that, whoever seeks Allahs pleasure Allah will certainly make anything easy for him

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 02:39 PM
salam
jazakallah bro, that is mashallah a great story
mashallah your cousin was lucky to get money not for his own purpose but becasue he was seeking knowledge, subhanallah
jazakallah for posting
maybe in the end i can combine everyones stories into one story? inshallah
wasalam

akulion
11-17-2005, 03:33 PM
On bro Saudis request, a Story by me:

It was the summer or 1995, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan. It was a particularly hot summer and each year the heat had been increasing in the city and one got to see more and more people on the street. I was sitting at an outdoor cafe with a few friends drinking tea and talking. As we sat there joking and laughing my eye caught a disabled beggar on the other side of the street. The man had rummaged through the trash and found a few bones to chew on. It was a shocking site ofcourse, to see so many people around, yet everyone was oblivious to the misery of this poor man. Right at that time my sandwich arrived, the waiter brought it over and put it in front of me. I looked at the sandwich, it looked very delicious, a toatsed chicken sandwich with mayo and lettus. But I could not reach out and eat it for the images of that poor beggar clouded my vision.

So I decided to order some food for the man and told the waiter to go give it to him. Much to my surprise when I pointed in that direction the beggar was no where to be seen! Where could have he vanished? It was a long street with no alleyways and in such a short time there was no possible way the disabled beggar could have made it to the nearest alleyway! I stood up and scanned the area with no results. Puzzled I sat down again.

My friends ofcourse seemed puzzled at this and asked me what was going on, however I decided not to tell them and said,'Nothing just looking around'. As I sat there with my friends, all smiling and laughing faces around. Drinkin tea and eating our sandwiches, the thoughts of poveryt and misery filled my mind. Here I was, someone to whom Allah had given so much. Arms, legs, eyes, hearing, wealth, family, home, and so much more. Yet 95% of my life was spent being oblivious to the misery of the people around me. I thought, "As I sit here eating this sandwich, safe and secure, how many brothers must be getting tortured by enemies of Islam, how many marriages must be ending because of supression, how many people must be starving, how many sisters getting raped, how many sons dying in the arms of their family because of the bullets fired by the enemies of Islam". Indeed it was a very saddening feeling.

How much suffering the Prophet and his companions had undertaken, how much sacrifices the muslims after them had made, to give us the security and the freedom we had today. How they had burned in the scorching desert sun and how they had bled in the battle feilds. How they had given up their own food to feed others, and how they had spent less so others could be helped. Often me and my friends would hold conversations about the 'glory of the Islamic empire', yet how easily we forgot that it was the sacrifices of earlier Muslims who had made it possible.

WRTCHED fools we were to sit and not think, to think and not act! What had happend to us as a community of Muslims? Buying bigger houses, better clothes, newer mobile phones, faster cars! I remembered the saying of the Prophet(s), "If there is an evil omen in anything, it is the woman, the house, and the horse." How true it was. People chasing after beauty (represented by women in the hadith), people chasing after wealth (represented by house in the hadith) and people chasing after status and status symbols (represented by horse in the hadith).

I burst out laughing suddenly and my friends asked me what happend? I said, 'We deserve it!". Confused my friends inquired, "What do you mean? You gone nuts?". I replied, "No we deserve to be killed and persecuted, we deserve to be bombed, we deserve to be called cave men and terrorists, we deserve it all." Ofcourse my friends had not been hearing my thoughts so there was a small outburst of comments. "Ridiclous! you siding with the kuffar?!!!", "You mean our bros and siss dying in Iraq are wothless, you are an idiot to say such a thing!", and other comments, some harsher some less harsh.

After the clamour had died down a bit, I choose to speak and explain myself. I said, "Allah does not help a nation until they help themselves, is this not an ayah in the Quran?". Everyone replied almost in unison, "yes". "That is why we deserve it all my friends, we have forgotten to feed the needy and indigent, we have forgotten to scarifice, we have forgotten to take on hardships and change our destinies, we choose to be weak and helpless, that is why we deserve it all. What is it that prevents any one of us sitting on this table from not having such expensive mobile phones? Look at mine it costs over 25,000 Rupees (appros US$423), yours Faisal (my friends name), costs even more, and yours Omair (another friends name) costs twice as more expensive than any of ours! That money my dears, could have been given to wed off some unfortunate fathers daughter, to provide food for 6 months for a whole family of poor people. But we spend it on ourselves and say 'Oh we paid our zakah so we can spend as we like'. Is Islam only about paying zakah ? Doing a bit of Sadquh and not caring anymore? We as Muslims, should be working until we ave eradicated the poverty, we should be working until we have eradicated the illiteracy!"

I continued, "I remember what Allah swt says in Surah Abbasa to his beloved Prophet, Mohammed(s) - in that surah the Prophet turned his back to a poor blind man who had come to him asking for help only because the Prophet had been preaching to some influential Quraish leaders. Allah sent down the entire surah to forbid this! Allah said, 'Do not do this O Mohammed(s), you preach to those who think themselves self sufficient and you turn your back to the one who came to you in need crying for help? Let this not be by any means!' Such an imprtant lesson in the Quran which Allah tought to us through his Prophet by making him do a mistake like that! Yet we dont even pay attention! By Allah we deserve it all! We talk about stories proudly about how the Prophet would not eat himself and give to others and then we fight about Sunnah, beards and pants not being above the ankles? Hah, that is just PART of the sunnah, why dont we fight about why we should also eat less so we can feed others, not buy as many things so we can help others, why?!? Has our religion becomes so small for us that we choose the easy things and reject the hard ones?!. Oh yes By Allah we deserve all we get!"

My friends sat in silence for a while, everyone had stopped eating and drinking tea. Then one of them said, "Man what are we supposed to do stop living and give everything away? What the hell are you talking about man, Allah gave us these things we can enjoy them!". Another friend interrupted him and said, "I think I know what Aku (me) is saying. Yes these are our things, we can enjoy them as we wish as long as we pay zakah, but the fact is that we KNOW our zakah is not helping, we know our governments are corrupt, we know that society as a whole has become rotten! So now it is our duty as Muslims to take on the role of sacrifical lambs, to put our lives in the path of Allah for the betterment of society, To give and to not look back and not expect anything in return. The Prophet(s) said, 'Jannah is in the shades of the swords' the swords represent sacrifice and pain. Allah said in the Quran, 'Do you think I would just give you paradise for nothing?'. Yes it is our fault, we want paradise for just LIVING and not STRIVING. We have belittled Jihad to the extent that we now say, 'Even living life is Jihad' It may be but isnt it the least ones of them all? Why cant we able bodied men go on the greater Jihad of taking on the societys problems with no worries for our lives? The truth is because we are afraid and cowards."

With that remark there was a long silence at the table. One friend got up and said, "I have to go now, ill catch you guys later, salams" and left. A few moments later everyone got up and parted company with as few words as possible. Our half eaten sandwiches and half drunk teas lay on the table with some money to pay the bill. Sandwiches which will be thrown away in the trash, tea which will be spilled down the drain. Yet how precious they would have been to the starving brother or sister in Ethopia or elsewhere. Yet hardly we ever think!

Rabi'ya
11-17-2005, 03:38 PM
thats a really moving story brother, makes me think. you know it doesnt matter how much you do, there is always room to do more.I am trying to increase my charity giving day by day. whether it be giving to beggars, giving to charitable oragnisations. fund raising for other charities.

May Allah help us all to realise our mistake and provide us with the capability of doing better for others...ameen

Halima
11-17-2005, 06:40 PM
:sl: Here's a link to a thread that discusses about the stories of orphange and donations by some of our members here. However, I didn't merge the two threads together because some people will only want to read and not post. However if you would like to read some stories from this thread then you can click on the link.:w:

http://www.islamicboard.com/campaign...ns-widows.html

Sahabiyaat
11-17-2005, 06:48 PM
MasahAllah a beautiful story
brother this isnt ur own personal story is it?

akulion
11-17-2005, 07:08 PM
slam alaikum

if u were referring to my story then yup its my own

:eek:

oh and i got one part wrong it was not 1995 actually it was 2005 lol sorry about that - i must sill be living in the 1900's man! lol

Umm Safiya
11-17-2005, 08:21 PM

Wow, mashâ'Allâh.. That was a really great read.. May Allâh ta'âla reward you.. It really got to me! People don't even think about it.. Can I take your story and put it in another islamic forum from Denmark?

But I was thinking, here in DK there is alot of beggars around the 1st of the month.. They beg just where I go to school.. But these beggars are not muslims, they are gipsys and they are wearing hijab only around the 1st, so us muslims think that they are muslims and then wanna give some.. 'Cus in that area, there are most muslims.. Do I have to give them money, when they are asking?

akulion
11-18-2005, 01:39 AM
salam alaikum sis

well i dont know whose story u were askin if u could post on another forum - if it was mine then sure go right ahead, I wont mind at all. But if it was the other bros story then u will just have to contact him to ask

jazak Allah khair

MetSudaisTwice
11-18-2005, 10:08 AM
salam
mashallah such a great and moving story, jazakallah for sharing bro akulion, may allah reward you and everyone who has helped me
jazakallah everyone
wasalam

akulion
11-18-2005, 02:31 PM
wiyakum

Umm Yoosuf
11-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Subhanallah some amazing stories.

Edit:

Someone donated A LOT of money to a Masjid once. They didn’t mention who they were. How modest of them subhanallah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.