/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Benefit of Islam

Sasser32
11-12-2005, 02:33 AM
This is not a debate and I will not challenge any reply.

What are the benefits of becoming Islam? Is it just another "if you join Islam,
you will have a good life"? That's Christianity. Christians believe their life instantly becomes good from going to God. It is merely a belief.

I do not like Christianity, so what is the benefit of going Islam? Ok, so if you are a female, you wear the hajib, don't eat pork, and pray to Allah. Then what? What is supposed to happen?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
11-12-2005, 02:52 AM
One false perception of muslim women is that we are weak, and that we are being oppressed in Islam. I would like to clear up that false misconception. The people who says these things about us have not been in our shoes therefore they are misjudging Islam. More than ever people are distorting our reputation without having the complete knowledge and perception of how we are to be as true muslims. From a muslim woman's point of view I will give you the reasons of why it is beneficial for us to be in Islam.

*The hijab protects us from evil

* We can be as independent socially as we want

* The head covering is a sign of purity and dignity

* keeps us modest

* keeps both genders chaste

* reduces the amounts of attention

****) most importantly if we want to be the true believers of Islam we can never ever question why Allah(swt) has stated in the quran for us to 'cover our hair and bosoms'. Which is stated in this surah.

Surah Al-Nur (the Light) (24:31) in the Quran states: "They (the believing women) should draw their head coverings over their bosoms...". . Surah Al-Ahzab (33:59) states: "O Prophet [PBUH] Tell thy wives and daughters and the believing women that they should put on their outer garments; that is most convenient in order that THEY MAY BE RECOGNIZED (as Muslims) and not be molested."

Then you ask why is it beneficial to be a muslim?

*charisma*
11-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Greetings Sasser

I dont think any religion, even Islam, can guarantee a good life, one thing i know it guarantees is inner peace if u are a gud muslim and believe in Allah and practice Islam.

if you are a female, you wear the hajib
Wearing Hijab is a part of Islam, but wearing the Hijab doesnt mean ur religious or does it mean that ur modest, some wear it for fashion or for other ppl most though do wear it for Allah and the sake of Islam,
don't eat pork,
we dont eat pork, but we have to promote others to do the same
and pray to Allah.
Anyone can pray to Allah as long as it is in great sincerity and from the heart, but u cant pray to Allah and be like "oh Allah forgive me, forgive me" and then go and sin again.. u have to lessen ur sins

Then what? What is supposed to happen?
only Allah knows, If you follow Islam with great patience, sincerity and good deeds, then u know life is just a mere test and the greatest grade is given to is u when u die.
anyone can be an amazing person, follow islam correctly and still have a bad life, they could be poor (but if they are religious, they still thank Allah) they can be sick and still thank Allah, they can be whatever and will still thank Allah because they know Allah is testing them on their patience and faith.
People in society are taught to live life to its fullest, when life truly hasnt begun.

Peace

Sasser32
11-12-2005, 03:12 AM
This is a simple question I hope is not deleted.

So the afterlife conception is the answer? Much like Christianity, you will go to heaven, and be saved from hell?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
11-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Greetings again lol..

sorry forgot to answer this one:

I do not like Christianity, so what is the benefit of going Islam?
I have to say, ppl that have everything they want in this world, good fortune, money, whatever...still have the urge to be needed and if they are not getting that need, then they have hatred towards life or are uninterested anymore. In Islam, there are many benifits:

-inner state of peace and mind
-the ability to be independent, free, and not judged or care to be judged by society, knowing Allah is ther greatest judger
-challenged by this test, but never giving up because u know what the rewards and punishments are
-holding great knowledge about everything around u, holding wisdom
-knowing the difference between pride and arrogance
-helping others that need help, (which in my oppinion, gives great happiness) rather than hurting others to make urself feel better
-knowing others look up to u as a great example
-knowing ur limitations
-knowing ur placement in life
-pleasing Allah

thats all i can think of right now....

Peace

*charisma*
11-12-2005, 03:18 AM
So the afterlife conception is the answer? Much like Christianity, you will go to heaven, and be saved from hell?
If u are a sincere muslim, but everyone has sinned some time in their life and its said that being forgiven for since while u are alive before the hour, is much easier than being forgived for then later on. Those who have not been forgiven, will go to hell to be cleansed from their sins because only the sinless are accepted in Jannah, but thats only for muslims. anyone of another faith is in hell eternally.

peace

Sasser32
11-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Is Islam right for me? I don't have any religion at all.

*charisma*
11-12-2005, 03:36 AM
well it isnt wrong lol,
i say go for it, converting is easy, just say the shahada with a pure heart and ull be cleansed from all ur previous sins, just as if u were a newborn (btw we dont believe that newborns are sinful through their parents sins, they are purely sinless, everyone starts out as a muslim until their parents change their religion)
but i have to ask u something..
does it feel like its right to u?
are u willing to give up lotz of stuff u might be used to whether its dating, consuming in haraam stuff (alcohol, drugs), hanging out with ppl that can persuade u to travel off the path of Islam?

peace

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Hello Sasser and thanks for your question,
With regard to the benefits of Islam. The question is simplified to: Why should someone accept Islam?

Answer: Someone should accept something if it is true and they should reject something if it is false. Thus, the question is not so much whether Islam provides benefit or not, the question is whether it is true or not. To examine whether it is true, we need to take a look at what exactly it is that Islam teaches and suggests about our universe.

Islam begins with the teaching that there is one God who created this universe. He alone is the All-Powerful, All-Knowing and He is the Most Merciful. If anyone disagrees with me on His existence, I welcome them to debate me on the topic in this thread:
The Existence of God.

Secondly, Islam teaches that God has created us and placed us on earth for a reason. We are on earth with a duty to enjoin what is good and to forbid what is bad. We are to treat people kindly and prevent injustice in the world. We are to establish the worship and remembrance of God in this world and call people to the worship of God. Through this path we will come to know God, draw nearer to Him, and deepen our love for Him. This is all included in the word Ibaadah (servitude/worship/loving devotion) which Allah describes as the purpose behind our creation.

If we do good deeds in this life and follow the path God has set out for us, we will be rewarded in the next life as God will place us in His presence in paradise. If we perform evil in this world we will be accountable for our deeds and we will be punished in the next life.

Sasser, I recommend that you start learning about what Islam really teaches. Not what you see on the media or on anti-islamic hate signs, biut what Islam really says. Here is an excellent introductory site for that purpose:
http://www.beconvinced.com

Also read this:
Benefits of becoming Muslim

May God guide us all.

Sasser32
11-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Ok, to convert to Islam, I would have to give up these?

*Looking at model pics online.
*Eating Junk food
*Playing poker machines
*Watching Horror movies and playing horror games (Resident Evil etc)
*Smoking (cigarettes) **Not sure on this; I don't see anything against it.

Smoking is not a sin.

azim
11-12-2005, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sasser32

*Eating Junk food
*Playing poker machines

Smoking is not a sin.
I don't kno about watching horror films, depends on content I guess.

As for cigarettes, they are makruh, which means 'not recommended' as they damage the body. If you're already a smoker, then you're encouraged to give it up (which is just common sense).

Oh, and eating junk food, everyone eats junk food, just like everything else in Islam, moderation. It's important to keep your body healthy since in Islam, it's a gift, and you should take care of it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sasser32
This is not a debate and I will not challenge any reply.

What are the benefits of becoming Islam? Is it just another "if you join Islam,
you will have a good life"? That's Christianity. Christians believe their life instantly becomes good from going to God. It is merely a belief.

I do not like Christianity, so what is the benefit of going Islam? Ok, so if you are a female, you wear the hajib, don't eat pork, and pray to Allah. Then what? What is supposed to happen?
Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested. (Surah 29: Verse 2)

Islam doesn't say that as soon as you become a muslim, you will become rich and powerful, with no problems or greivances.

However, becoming a Muslim does give you something very powerful. A place to stand.

Archimedes once said: -

"Give me a firm place to stand and I will move the Earth".

Islam gives you that place to stand, and the stronger your faith (iman), the stronger your footing. With a strong belief that 'there is no power, nor might, except for Allah', the worst problems in life are put in perspective.

Islam means submission to Allah, so submitting to Allah means that you can no longer submit to anything less than Allah. Which means if you truly submit to Allah, then there is nothing created that could shake you, or scare, unless it is the creator himself.

Some say life is a marathon, and if we use that analogy, then becoming a Muslim doesnt make the course any shorter, but it does make your lungs stronger.

Hope this reply helped.

Peace.

Mohsin
11-12-2005, 11:04 PM
This is a simple question I hope is not deleted.

Yeah, but in Islam we are held accountable for our actions, we can't simply say we are muslims, and we "believe" and just enter into heaven. The benefits of heaven are infinite, and so only the deserved eneter heaven, and so people who believe have to act upon it and be regular in good deeds. As far as i know in Christianity all you have to do is believe Jesus (PBUH) is the saviour. (Please corect me if i'm wrong)

Heaven is the greatest gift possible. Everything a muslim does in this life should in reality be to please Allah, so that we will be rewarded and enter heaven. It is often hard for us to imagine the greatness of heaven. It is because we are in such a limited world. I heard a story of a frog that might help explain. There was once a small well where a young frog lived and always stayed inside the well and never knew what was outside the well. Then one day an older frog from the outside jumped in and told the younger frog about the big outside world. The young frog asked how big it is and swam round the well once and asked is it bigger than this? The older frog replied it's much bigger. He then swam round it 10 times and asked is it bigger than this. The older frog replied it's much bigger. The young frog swam round 100 times and asked is it biger than this and again the older frog replied much bigger. To this the younger frog said i don't believe you. Similarly when we are in the wombs of our mothers, and at that point someone was to tell us about how big the planet earth is we wouildn't believe them, because as far as we know we only have a limited knowledge of what we can see and understand, and the baby can only see as far as the womb he/she is in. Similarly on earth where there is a limit to everything, limit to knowledge, happiness, food, we are always craving for more. But in heaven everything is infinite. A famous imam, Imam Ghuzali explained how long heaven is. He said if you were to fill the whole world with small mustard seeds, and then ask a bird to come once every 1000 years to collect one, how long would it take that one bird to collect every mustard seed? Well the time in heaven is not close to this as it is infinite. We have everything there we need, never ending happiness, no suffering or trials or hunger or craving to want more. It may seem hard to imagine but we have to remember our mind is limited, we can't even together with all our technology even create a fly, and compared to God he can do anything, he can easily give us never ending happiness and pleasure, there is nothing above God, just look at the amazing planet he has created, you can see the infinite greatness of Allah

Is Islam right for me? I don't have any religion at all.
Of course it's right for us, it's the religion of Allah as it has been said in the revelation God has given us in the Qur'an, and God knows what's best for us and only prescribes things which help us, so naturally it's right for all of us

*Eating Junk food
*Playing poker machines

Smoking is not a sin.
Looking at model pics is not good, as islam we respect our sisters. Looking at them is disrespectful. Ssiters shouldn't have to believe good looks alone will help them in life and give them attention, it should be whats coming from the inside. No doubt it is our fault in the west where we have almost forced some sisters to do inappropriate things by making it appear as it's normal and it help do well in life
Eating junk food is not haraam. Regarding smoking, scholars of islam have a difference of opinion. A few say it is disliked, and some say it is haraam (forbidden). This is as according to Islam we should not harm ourselves, and smoking harms us. Some people say even having sugar harms us so are you going to say sugar is haraam? The simple answer to this is excess sugar can harm you, a little can't threaten your life, whereas a little smoking even slowly slowly kills you as it destroys passageways in the lungs making it harder for us to breathe and in the end kills us. Even if it is disliked, is it really worth doing it when there is so much at stake- heaven or hell. No doubt it's hard for smokers to quit, i know from close friends, but just imagine the reward Allah will give you for leaving something you like just for his pleasure. So you can also say if you were to eat junk food in excess that would also be haraam according to some scholars as you would in some way be harming yourself

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.