/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Penpal service Launched (LI Exclusive)

akulion
11-16-2005, 01:33 PM
:sl:
Ladies and Gentlemen
Sisters and Brothers
Tall and Short
Wide and Narrow

lol ok ill get to the point!

I have just launched a new Islamic Penpal / E-Pals service

So check it out and please cxomment on:
- Approriateness

Suggestions are welcome as always

World Wide Muslim Pals
http://path-to-peace.com/epals

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 01:36 PM
salam
what exactly is this site trying to promote?
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 01:37 PM
JazakAllah for that brother, I have jsut signed up. Inshallah it will be beneficial.

I think its a brilliant idea...inshAllah can get a Muslims sister penapl from some other country. Will be nice to learn from and get to know another sister, inshAllah. I think its a brililant idea as long as it is run professionally.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

aamirsaab
11-16-2005, 01:38 PM
cool. it sounds a bit like hi-5, WAYNE, bebo etc. (i got suckered into joining them). but they were a little crap as you got weirdo's on it - especially hi-5 - good gawd the tales that I could write!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
well the site is just trying to promote friendship

Sisters can contact sisters
Brothers can contact Brothers
Non Muslims looking for Muslim friends can contact them via this site..

its brand new (launched only 10 mins ago from the time of this post...)
so be sure to join up its free.

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 01:43 PM
salam
ok jazakallah bro
wasalam

akulion
11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
problem is this "system" which I am using is designed by kuffar
But run entirely by Muslims (me and sis hana)

So you cant even imagine the type of DISGUSTING questions they had on that thing before I modified it - Astaghfirullah these people man the things they do!

It was originally a "dating service" designed by them - however I was able to obtain their system from them with permission...and modify it to suit a more benefical purpose of helipng muslims get in touch with one another via e-mail

I just pray that Allah swt makes it benefical for all those who join
ameen

PS: I can ban misbehaved people so no worries...just drop a complain in my message box and ill be sure to put on my biggest boot (steel tipped) and kick their buttskis to mars!

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
salam
lol!!
jazakallah bro
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 01:50 PM

Ill wait and see wat other sisters say about it first. I wudnt mind a pen pal from saudi though....thtd be cool. *imagines her twin in saudi*

Allah ma3ak.
p.s: JzakAllah brother for the link thing.:coolious:

Muhammad
11-16-2005, 01:58 PM

Jazakallahu Khayr brother akulion for the link, it seems like an interesting idea.

Just to clarify: is it possible for brothers to be contacting sisters, and are you able to monitor such events?

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 02:01 PM
salam
lol
sis ameeratul layl and her imagination
wasalam

akulion
well sis assuming it hits off - im just worried it will bomb like my forum lol

bro i can monitor all activities on the penpal site with the exception of: private user messages and user passwords

so the brothers will be able to contact sisters

I had a talk to a bro here who is on his way to becoming a mufti regarding this - and he said to me the following :

The service provided by a shopkeeper is goods being sold
How a shopper uses them is his own deeds.
Islamically you are not required to investigate shoppersintentions.
So he said to me that the service I will be providing is not intended for evil purposes, so there is no sin on me.
However the people who use it for evil it will be their bad deeds.

All that being said - I can recieve complaints from members, and I can check peoples 'Activities' (ie what they have been doing, who they sent messages to, etc etc-but not the content of the mesages themselves) and ban them from the service if need be.

So insha'Allah i hope this will be visited by nice good people and none of those horrible bad people - but if they come I am ready

Ameeratul Layl
Just to clarify: is it possible for brothers to be contacting sisters, and are you able to monitor such events?

:w:[/QUOTE]

how can u monitor that bro? if its penpal ur WRITING not typing. Im missing something arent I?

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
well sis assuming it hits off - im just worried it will bomb like my forum lol

:sl: wat hits off?:playing: And wat forum?
Brother, ur confusing me now.

Allah ma3ak

akulion
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
ops sorry - sometimes i even confuse myself lool

well my site (link in banner below) has a forum, its been up since 2 months and well its got 61 members i think...but in my view its "bombed out" (meaning failed)

thats what I was referring to when i said the forum bombed out.

As for the sisters and brothers contacting one another - read the post above.

I can monitor activities using an admin panel available to me and check the 'logs' to see what a specific member has been up to.

I am still learning to operate the system so im not an expert yet - but i assure u the admin has control of all fatures.

Only exceptions are:
1 - if u choose a password for ur account i can NEVER see
2 - If you write an email to someone or send a personal message to someone, I can NEVER see that

That is to protect the privacy of members

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
salam
maybe some mods or admins from this forum should help out bro akulion if he can't cope totally by himself, maybe they can act as temporary mods on the pen pal untill bro akulion has fully learnt the system
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=akulion;111633]ops sorry - sometimes i even confuse myself lool

Snap!!!!lol.

well my site (link in banner below) has a forum, its been up since 2 months and well its got 61 members i think...but in my view its "bombed out" (meaning failed)

thats what I was referring to when i said the forum bombed out.

Oh right..gosh...that was easy.lol.

I am still learning to operate the system so im not an expert yet - but i assure u the admin has control of all fatures.

Only exceptions are:
1 - if u choose a password for ur account i can NEVER see
2 - If you write an email to someone or send a personal message to someone, I can NEVER see that

I think u shud b able to read pms. wat if there is sumthing fishy going on.omg!!!!
Allah ma3ak

akulion
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
looool @ what if there is something fishy going on

sis, the makers of this penpal system have encrypted the core - which means that no one who uses this system can access communications which go on via the system itself - including the admin.

Why ?
Well simply because let us imagine for a moment that I am a bad bad bro (with horns growing out of his head and the works - tail etc etc) lol
And I decide to set this thing up and start seeing everyones passwords and personal messages then those people would have no privacy at all - causing them to lose even the much protected passwords which we all have for our accounts over the web.
Thus it is a requirement by law that every such system designed MUST have encryption to protect privacy of users. Like this forum (LI) the admins cannot see our passwords, nor on my forum, nor on any forum!
Otherwise we wud be in trouble!

As for the admin status for the LI staff members I would love to do that - but to be honest this system dosent allow more than 1 admin - it dosent even allow moderators - which is a HUGE problem, cos now I have to do everything and it sucks!
Otherwise I would love to make bro Akhee from this forum an admin on anything he wanted to become admin of since he is a nice kind bro.

PS: I like bro Akhee
PPS: I am not a girl - lol

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 02:46 PM
salam
ok bro jazakallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 02:48 PM
I am a bad bad bro (with horns growing out of his head and the works - tail etc etc) lol

LOL brother. Astaghfirullah!!!

And I decide to set this thing up and start seeing everyones passwords and personal messages then those people would have no privacy at all - causing them to lose even the much protected passwords which we all have for our accounts over the web.

Im not talking at passwords im talking about pms. Like the mods on this lovely forum.

Thus it is a requirement by law that every such system designed MUST have encryption to protect privacy of users. Like this forum (LI) the admins cannot see our passwords, nor on my forum, nor on any forum!
Otherwise we wud be in trouble!

Has the law of this country ever made sence? No!!!

As for the admin status for the LI staff members I would love to do that - but to be honest this system dosent allow more than 1 admin - it dosent even allow moderators - which is a HUGE problem, cos now I have to do everything and it sucks!

Well, uv lost one customer bro!

Otherwise I would love to make bro Akhee from this forum an admin on anything he wanted to become admin of since he is a nice kind bro.

I cud be the sisters admin thingy. Right? of course, IF u were allowed to ahve more than one admin.

By the way, is this ur website brother?

akulion
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
sis wallahi the system only allows only one admin or i would love to make people admins on the epal thingie The system dosent even allow moderators which is really annoying!

Or else ofcourse members of this board would be welcome to be admins and mods including u sis....only 19.99 + tax (lol ok jk - free)

oh and I cannot see PMS of people - those are protected under the privacy law as well since they constitute personal communication and cannot be made public except without permission

akulion
11-16-2005, 03:03 PM
NO WAIT!!!

I just found something!!!

on ine page in the admin panel it says:

Total administrators: 1

so maybe there is an option to have multiple admins and I just havent found it!!

Keep tuned - ill keep u posted!

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
oh and I cannot see PMS of people - those are protected under the privacy law as well since they constitute personal communication and cannot be made public except without permission

thats a shame.....i wudnt feel secure without the same security that i have on this forum.

I know....*jumps up with glee* u can make another one.Make sure that the security and the policy is the same as THIS forum.:coolious:

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 03:05 PM
NO WAIT!!!

I just found something!!!

on ine page in the admin panel it says:

Total administrators: 1

so maybe there is an option to have multiple admins and I just havent found it!!

Keep tuned - ill keep u posted!

:sl: I knew Allah was listening. :playing:

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
salam
if there is position available, remeber to choose wisely as to who you want as admins
wasalam

akulion
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
jazak Allah khair bro metsudaistwice wonderful advice - I will filter all bros and siss with the permission of LI forum admins ofcourse - I dont want them to feel that I am trying to 'steal' people away from them.

Like I said to one bro who deleted my account for posting my webpage link on his page - I said, "bro u should remember we believe in Qadr, what is meant for my site will come to my site irrespective and what is meant for urs will come to urs, this is not a competition!"
I never got a reply but anyways. Still courtesy would dictate I ask LI staff before any such 'recruiting activity' after all it is only with their efforts and permission I am even able to have an account in here!

aaww @ sis Ameeratul Layl's comment " I knew Allah was listening. "
Insha'Allah as soon as I figure this out, I'll make u an admin AFTER checking with bro Akhee about ur credintials :P

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:21 PM
salam
inshallah bro
jazakallah
wasalam

habib
11-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Masha Allah
i singed up there
it's a nice site ..

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
[
aaww @ sis Ameeratul Layl's comment " I knew Allah was listening. "
Insha'Allah as soon as I figure this out, I'll make u an admin AFTER checking with bro Akhee about ur credintials :P[/QUOTE]

U dont have to ask brother akhee. Im giving you thr chance to have me as a admin.:playing:
Ya Allah!! Im trying to help...sum ppl are never happy. lol. Only messing brother.

InshAllah ur website will be as successful as this one. Ameen!!!

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:25 PM
salam
ameen (SS style)
wasalam

akulion
11-16-2005, 03:29 PM
ameen
jazak Allah khair for the duas (roses for everyone + halal pizza) - (just imagine it)

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 03:31 PM
ameen
jazak Allah khair for the duas (roses for everyone + halal pizza) - (just imagine it)

Oooohhhh...roses. They smell good.*grabs the whole bunch* Pizza...naaaaa.....it makes my clothes smell.

Brother, are we going to have sisters and brothers sections in ur website? I think we should.

Allah ma3ak

akulion
11-16-2005, 03:37 PM
OH MY ALLAH

I figured it out!!!
How to make more admins :peace:

It was RIGHT THERE in front of my eyes!! Yet I could not see it! But I guess its because I was looking in all the wrong places lol - one page really scared me though - it had like 50 options on it none of which made even 1 bit of sense to me...and I was thinking "that must be it" but it wsant!

Now all that remains is for bro Akhee to come around and some of the LI staff members to come around so i can gain permission to assign admins form this forum.

Please forgive the wait but its just my duty to ask before I start making any such requests on here!

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=akulion;111710]OH MY ALLAH

Now all that remains is for bro Akhee to come around and some of the LI staff members to come around so i can gain permission to assign admins form this forum.

*waves her arms frantically and points to herself saying: im here bro.....*

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
salam
lol sis ameeratul layl really wants the position mashallah
i don't mind being an admin too but it is up to bro akulion
wasalam

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 03:48 PM
I woudl reccommend brother metsudaistwice

MashAllah he is really good on this forum and would definitely be an excellent admin

(sis AmeeratulLayl i dont wanna lose you from here)

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:51 PM
salam
sis jazakallah for the kind words but on this forum i doubt it because you need clean warnings and i have 30%
i am ashamed of myself for having this amount of warnings and do regret my actions
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-16-2005, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
I woudl reccommend brother metsudaistwice

MashAllah he is really good on this forum and would definitely be an excellent admin

(sis AmeeratulLayl i dont wanna lose you from here)

U cant have me to urself sis. Thts being greedy and Allah says we must share....(*lol*)

Plus!! Id be a part time on br wats his names website. I luv this forum to bits....Id never leave u....*hugs sis rabiyah and whispers:Wub u*

I must admit...id be a great admin....

Allah ma3ik

akulion
11-16-2005, 03:52 PM
well I guess bro Akhee must be asleep since he isnt around

I would love to appoint both of u as admins - I may not know u but ur Muslims and seeing your reputation points and posts numbers I can say insha'Allah wonderful ones too.

But can atleast one LI admin approve this 'recruting' business? cos I truly dont wana end up upsetting my bros or siss who run this board!

So please insha'Allah a little sabr - after all we are all waiting - so lets wait a lil more until someone comes along :D

Rabi'ya
11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
This is tru, ultimately its up to LI staff and brother akulion to make the decision...

MetSudaisTwice
11-16-2005, 03:54 PM
salam
inshallah bro the admins will make life easier for you
jazakallah for letting us know
wasalam

akulion
11-16-2005, 04:20 PM
phew...where are all the admins on LI ?

Shadow
11-16-2005, 09:41 PM
phew...where are all the admins on LI ?
:pthey are on vacation in hawaii

just kidding...

- Qatada -
11-16-2005, 09:54 PM
well I guess bro Akhee must be asleep since he isnt around

I would love to appoint both of u as admins - I may not know u but ur Muslims and seeing your reputation points and posts numbers I can say insha'Allah wonderful ones too.

But can atleast one LI admin approve this 'recruting' business? cos I truly dont wana end up upsetting my bros or siss who run this board!

So please insha'Allah a little sabr - after all we are all waiting - so lets wait a lil more until someone comes along :D

asalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

lol bro i just about went past this section and for some reazon i start readin it.. and seriosly i waz shocked! lol i really dont know why you picked me outta all of da people but jazak Allaah khayr seriosly :) man if u eva need any help then am ere to help u out insha Allaah.

sorry about na replyin cz lyk i sed, i just saw the thread like just now.. never knew that people took notice of ma postz lol. i waz at college earlier 2day so thats why i wasnt online. barak Allaah u feek bro.. wa jazak Allaah khayr.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

akulion
11-17-2005, 12:36 AM

well bro ur corteous, well behaved and u dont make smarty pant remarks at others and that goes to show a lot that u have a good character and people with good character are good people in my view.

I wrote to bro Zak asking his permission about the admin stuff...if he approves then ill admin akhee, sis layl and metsaudis up insha'Allah

Ameeratul Layl
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM

I wrote to bro Zak asking his permission about the admin stuff...if he approves then ill admin akhee, sis layl and metsaudis up insha'Allah
Brother. Ur gna have t learn to get my name right first.Its Ameeratul layl NOT just layl.Okay?:playing:

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
^ lol

btw who's metsaudis ? :? i too met many saudis ! :brother:

j/k :p

:giggling: yeah, me too!!

*ahem*

Sorry....

Allah ma3akum

Z
11-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Peace.

This sounds cool. Guess I can now find that friend from Arfica and then get married to her.

Ameeratul Layl
11-17-2005, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Peace.

This sounds cool. Guess I can now find that friend from Arfica and then get married to her.

Omg....thats naughty.*runs off screaming*

* luks at br akulion in a luk that says: I told u so*

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 10:48 AM
salam
sis find out the true and genuine intention of that bro then make your opinion, never judge a book by its cover
wasalam

akulion
11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
well while we wait for the LI admins reply and decision on the matter i will update you guys on some bad news:

- After much waiting I finally got my answers concerning the penpal system and some bugs I had found....the answer was as follows:

This is a BETA system thats why its free, dont complain just be happy you got something for free.

:enough!: :enough!: :enough!:
man thats so rude!! They NEVER tell you its a BETA system when ur downloading it! It says "FINAL" and final is supposed to mean fully tested and tried out! I think they are using the people using this system a lab rats so they can finally make a great product and say its only 199.99

I am so angry!

habib
11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
don't be sad bro ..

MetSudaisTwice
11-17-2005, 02:42 PM
salam
don't be angry bro, just make dua to allah and fear allah
wasalam

habib
11-17-2005, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
don't be angry bro, just make dua to allah and fear allah
wasalam
bro you are right ... :peace:

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 08:53 AM

wats the berdict br akulion? Ive been waiting for toooo long.Ya Allah!!

Allah ma3ak
p.s: Yllah!!(hurry!)

Z
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Peace.

I guess your dying to find that penpal too Ameertul Layal.

akulion
11-22-2005, 07:43 PM
The official verdict is very sad....

If you visit the page you will see an error when you try and access the penpal service....

those people gave me a BETA release of their software and used me and other unsuspecting people who downloaded their software as "lab rats" to test thing I am guessing.

Eventually the software database 'exploded' inside my server causing considerable damage and locking me out of my website for 1 week, I couldnt even access my FTP or File Manager to make updates to the webpage itself! - until the people who host the website came to the rescue and switched me over to a backup server, on which I am currently working....its such an annoyance the exploding penpal service even destroyed my counter (if uve noticed on the main page dosent work anymore)

Needless to say their website was flooded by complaints by me and other people in reply to which they shut their support forum!

Sorry for getting your hopes up guys but Insha'Allah when they do release their FINAL product in January as they promise...I will contact u guys and make u admins insha'Allah.

- Qatada -
11-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

it doesn't really matter bro, because you had a good intention insha Allaah so you did get rewarded for it insha Allaah. i agree with you that we shoudn't always get our hopes up because things dont always turn out how we would expect them to turn out to be. khalid bin waleed said that - man intends one thing whereas Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala intends another.

so lets just be happy and still think positive, keep our faith in Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala, because being sad wont get us nowhere, but by having faith in Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala will land us in a better position in the future insha Allaah. we still dont know why that is yet.. but by being patient, we will realise that insha Allaah.

...man is ever hasty. (17:11)

we as the sons of adam (r.a) are always wanting things our way.. you've noticed how a child cries when they want a toy, or when a kid wants to go out with their mates, they'll argue to be able to go out.. as you get older - a person wants more and more and we want it the moment we see it, but we never really know what Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala has in store for us.

"Obey Allaah and His Messenger, and do not dispute (with each other), lest you fail and your strength depart; and be patient – surely, Allaah is with those who are patient." (8:46)

sorry for the essay lol, but i'm sure you understand what i mean insha Allaah.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.