/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Studies

Protected_Diamond
11-18-2005, 01:39 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Insha Allah i would like to share what i learn every wednesday, hope it's very useful to you all brothers and sisters and insha Allah we can act upon most or even all insha Allah :loving:
We were discussing exaltation of modesty this wednesday which was VERY intresting because we discussed all the advantages of being modest and alhamdulilah there overruled all the disadvantages (if any) :coolious:

Ibn (the prophet's son) ' Umar (May Allah s.w.a be pleased with him) reported: Messegnger of Allah s.w.a passed by a man of the Ansar (helpers) who was admonishing his brother regarding shyness. Messenger of Allah s.a.w said, 'leave him alone, for modesty is a part of Iman.' (AL-BUKHARI AND MUSLIM)

COMMENTARY The Ansari, who was being lectured by his brother, was indeed an personification of modesty and unpretentiousness. Such a person is never sharp in worldly affairs beacuse modesty restrains him from following wrong ways. For this reason modesty has been called part of faith. this is an unborn quality, that is some people are timid by nature. Yet, if they are gradually guided and directed towards virtures, thier humility increases further. And in Islam it is counted as virture.

Messenger of Allah s.w.a said, 'shyness does not bring anything except good.'

Alhamdulilah this is sooo true beacuse being shy avoids a person from commiting any sins due to the fact that they won't talk and this prevents them from backbiting...etc

In a narration of Muslim: Messenger of Allah s.w.a said, 'All of shyness is good'

COMMENTARY This Hadith enlightens us on the excellence of modesty, which serves the good purpose of preventing a person from the disobeidence of Allah and from immoral and evil persuits. Evidently, it has a positive impact on society. Besides, it keeps a person free from sins, and consequently, he/she will stand blameless with Allah s.w.a. From this standpoint, modesty is certainly a thorough good.

Insha Allah i'll post more on modesty :loving:

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely_Boy
11-18-2005, 01:46 PM
:sl:

JAZKALLAH sister but pls kindly change font style and color to it's easy to read for others....

Remember in Prayers

:w:

Protected_Diamond
11-18-2005, 01:47 PM

oh right i thought it was easy to read with the colour red, oh well insha Allah i'll change it jazahka Allah khair

...there you go Akhee..

Protected_Diamond
11-18-2005, 02:00 PM

Messenger of Allah s.a.w said, 'Iman has 60 odd or 70 odd branches. The uppermost of all is the testimony of Faith; 'La ilaha illallahu' (there is no true god except Allah s.w.a) while the least of them is the removal of harmful object from the road. And 'shyness is a branch of Iman'

COMMENTARY This is a reference to the degrees of Faith. modesty, too, is a part of Faith, rather one of its most important ingredients, beacuse it plays an effective role in the subliminal training of the human psyche.

I found this very intresting and beautiful, from this hadith we can clearly see the characteristic's of our novel prophet s.a.w. Messenger of Allah s.w.a was even shier than a virgin behind her veil. When he saw something which he disliked, we could perceive it on his face reported Abu sa' id Al-Khudri.
This is something we should all admire about the prophet s.w.a he was so shy and modest Alhamdulilah, and yet his ways are still being followed even to this day Alhamdulilah. The teachings and ways of Islam is something so beautiful that it blends in whatever decade you are, whereas if you take someone who non-muslims would look up to e.g martin luthor king well we can all see that what he fought for is still happaning today unfortunalty.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
12-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Please forgive me for not updating you Insha Allah i'll do it now. :loving: Last week we discussed alcohol and why it is prohibited in Islam. Alhamdulilah, i learnt some really intresting stuff which i would like to share with you.

.....oh noo!! i've left my notes in the other house, i'll post them tonight insha Allah sorry :eek:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.