/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 3.00am

h1jabi_sista
11-28-2005, 06:25 PM
As salam alikum

Below ive written about a night that inspired me and also scared me. If i keep reading it i can still imagen the thunder and the lightning. This particular night strengthened my belief in the power of allah subhana watha allah.

we often say allah is almighty, allah is all powerful. But we never realise HOW powerful until moments like these.

Bismillah hirahman niraheem

3am

Light flashed through my window. In my sleep the sound of thunder demolished my dreams, shattering them to pieces.

Suddenly shaken awake- Flash Flash Flash!

Light after light, like a muted parading carnival show.

I ran downstairs to get a clearer view

Forked lighting hit the ground, the trees and …the distance

A magnificent display of light and sound echoed in the sky above me.

The lighting was dangerously blinding. Bright, Quick flashes bolted through the sky one by one, one after the other. The sky was electric.

This was a sign of an Almighty and Powerful God.

’It is He who shows you the lightning, as a fear (for travellers) and as a hope (for those who wait for rain). And it is He Who brings up the clouds, heavy with water.’ (Ra'd 13:12)

Crash Crash Crash! Thunder rumbled through the clouds.

The heavens felt as though they collided. The sky sounded as though it was cracking and crumbling.

Thunder was being thrown through the dark emptiness.

As I looked up at it, the vast distance seemed greater but yet so close.

A divine Lord showing his power, his might, his grace,

To a muted sleeping world below. Blind and deaf…

‘And thunder glorifies and praises Him, and so do the angels because of His Awe, He sends the thunderbolts, and therewith He strikes whom He wills, yet they (disbelievers) dispute about Allâh. And He is Mighty in strength and Severe in punishment.’ (Ra'd 13:13)

… Light! Silver silhouetted the grey clouds cumulous clouds.

A small patter of rain could be heard.

It gradually grew... and grew till the rain was hard and heavy. It hit the roofs with such force that seemed as if it was drilling holes into the roof tops.

Rain! A mercy from our Lord, our Creator. Rain! A nourishment for our crops. A blessed rain!

It gradually stopped...lesser and fewer raindrops fell

The magnificent display of light and sound moved eastwards…away…away

The sky looked exhausted!

The soil was re-nourished. Nitrates buzzed in the soil.

The Almighty Lord had sent a source of nourishment to the earth we so take for granted.

The most powerful God had sent a sign for those who believe.

The Glorious, the Sustainer, the Praise Worthy!

Morning, sun rise

Sun gently breaks through the clouds. The birds, surrounded by silence, dare to sing.

Peaceful...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riya90
11-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Salam
MashaAllah sis keep it up ;)

- Qatada -
11-28-2005, 06:42 PM
wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

wow, thatz really powerful sis masha Allaah! its unique too.. you know i really liked the way you blended in the ayah's/verses into it. it gave it a really powerful affect and the special thing about the qur'an is that you can relate it to anything.. and once you put it into a situation thats suited to the topic - it has some really powerful affects. subhan Allaah!

jazak Allaah khayr.. we look forward for more insha Allaah. barak Allaahu feeki.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

hidaayah
11-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Assalam u alaikum
brilliant sis! jazakallah for sharing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h1jabi_sista
11-29-2005, 09:04 PM
as salam alikum,

jazakallah khair for your kind replys. Your right brother, the quran can so easily relate to anything, thats the beauty of the quran, subhanallah.:sister:

All praise is due to Allah. Allah inspired my thoughts,..... i just wrote them down;)

wa alikum as salaam

sapphire
11-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Subhanalah....A truely religious experience that brings us all closer to Allah.....Mashallah.....

jzcasejz
11-30-2005, 04:00 AM
:sl:
Mashallah:brother: Excellent post. Funny the poem is called 3 am cause as i am posting this, i woke a couple of mins ago at around, you guessed it, 3am:coolious:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!