/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why were we created?

pplzk
11-30-2005, 04:27 AM
Looking for works cited from the Qur'an only. I'm looking for why God decided to put us on earth. I know it has something to do with asking for forgiveness for supprting the devil. Ill be adding some stuff up soon too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_salam_
11-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Well it's quite simple really, just read surah 51 ayat number 56
"I have only created jinns and men, that they may worship Me."
Hope this helps

hidaayah
11-30-2005, 09:14 AM
In Surah mulk it is said in second ayah..or the third...not sure...that to see who does good deeds..this is not the exact meaning u can see it from the Quran...and sumwhere it is also stated that our purpose of creation is that we must thank Allah..
:sl:

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-30-2005, 01:22 PM
What is the Purpose of Life?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mehnaz
11-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Salaam,

mashaAllah very good question.....
-----------------------------------
Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] said, ‘Allah Ta’ala states, ‘O son of Aadam, I created the entire universe for your benefit and I have created you (man) for my worship.’

We should also understand that Allah does not require our worship. In a Hadith Qudsi, Allah states, ‘If the entire mankind from Aadam till the lasy being who will surface on the earth become pious, that will never increase My Grandeur and honour and if human kind from Aadam till the last being who will come on the earth become wretched, this will not decrease My Grandeur and honour at all.’ (Mishkaat; Hadith 2266)

In order for human being to remember Allah, He created different creations so that we may recognise Him and after putting all the creations to the service of man and creating all the means that will assist him to worship Allah, He does not do so then Allah sends down those conditions that will remind mankind of their object of life, i.e. to worship and serve Allah.

Allah states in the Qur’aan, ‘Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of what the hands of man have earned, that Allah may give them a taste of some of their deeds in order that they may turn back.’ (Room Aayat41)

‘And indeed we will make them taste of the penalty of this life prior to the supreme penalty in order that they may repent and return.’ (al-Sajdah Aayat21)

Catastrophes such as earthquakes, floods, etc. are all signs to remind us about our direction and object of life. We have to realise that we have been sent in this world not for merry making or pass time we have been sent for a specific purpose and object, i.e. to worship and serve Allah.

‘I have only created Jinns and men that they may serve me.’ (Surah 51 Aayat56)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
-------------------------
source:www.ask-imam.com
--------------------------

FiAmanillah...

~Raindrop~
11-30-2005, 02:28 PM
salaam
mashallah sis great post
wassalaam

mehnaz
11-30-2005, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
salaam
mashallah sis great post
wassalaam
Salaam,
JazakAllah khair sis....!!
FiAmanillah...

MetSudaisTwice
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
salam
i liked your post sis, but i have to spread some before ginving you points again
wasalam

mehnaz
11-30-2005, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i liked your post sis, but i have to spread some before ginving you points again
wasalam
:lol::lol:jazakaAllah bro.....!!!

Halima
12-01-2005, 09:24 PM
:sl: I don't think it's right for any human being to question Allah(swt) about why he has created us. He has his own reasons and at this time we should mainly try to please him as much as we can in this life. Allah(swt) has created us to test our skills and to obey him in this life so that in the next life we will be rewarded in adherence to our deeds in this life. We do everything for the sake of Allah(swt).:w:

- Qatada -
12-01-2005, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A sister
In Surah mulk it is said in second ayah..or the third...not sure...that to see who does good deeds..this is not the exact meaning u can see it from the Quran...and sumwhere it is also stated that our purpose of creation is that we must thank Allah..

wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeah your right sis:

Blessed is He in Whose hand is the kingdom, and He has power over all things, (67:01)

Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving.
(67:02)

and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

pplzk
12-05-2005, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee

wa alykum a Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

yeah your right sis:

Blessed is He in Whose hand is the kingdom, and He has power over all things, (67:01)

Who created death and life that He may try you-- which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving.
(68:02)

and Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala knows best.

68:2 Thou art not, by the Grace of thy Lord, mad or possessed.

The first Ayat is right, but the Qur'an never reffers to God as a man

- Qatada -
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

soz.. my bad. i just typed the wrong no. cz 7 and 8 are together on the keyboard. jazak Allaah khayr fo pointin that out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.