/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wait a second....

Noir_deluxe
11-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Quick question here. I'm not a muslim, so I'm just wondering what the Islamic religion says will happen when I die.

Anyone care to tell me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey. thats a good question.

just check this link out and you'll get a better understanding insha Allaah. (God willing.)

http://www.islam-guide.com/life-after-death-by-wamy.htm

if your still unsure of anything then please do ask. thanks.

mehnaz
11-30-2005, 04:21 PM
salaam,

hope i'm able to help u....
----------------------------------
In principle, it is our belief and aqeedah that there is life after death this is supported by many verses and ahadith. Therefore who rejects life after death is considered out of the fold of Islam.

Hereunder are references of quranic verses to support this belief: 1) Surah 56 verses 47-50, 2) Surah17 verses 97-99 (http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=7165)

We have decreed Death to be your common lot, and We are not to be frustrated - From changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (forms) that ye know not." Qur'an 56:60-61

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: in the end to Us shall ye be brought back." Qur'an 29:57

"But to no soul will Allah grant respite when the time appointed (for it) has come; and Allah is well acquainted with (all) that ye do." Qur'an 63:11

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: and only on the Day of Judgement shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object of (this Life): for the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." Qur'an 3:185

From Sahih Bukhari (77:599), reported by Usama: "Once while I was with the Prophet and Sa'd, Ubai bin Ka'b and Mu'adh were also sitting with him, there came to him a messenger from one of his daughters telling him that her child was on the verge of death. The Prophet told the messenger to tell her, "It is for Allah what He takes, and it is for Allah what He gives, and everything has its fixed time (limit). So (she should) be patient and look for Allah's reward."

---------------------------------------

plzz visit the following link...to lisen to audio...inshaAllah it will help u!!!

http://www.islamicity.com/education/islamiceducation/

Malaikah
12-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Simply, a person who dies as a non-muslim will have a very heavy punishment for committing the one sin that cannot be forgiven- disbelief in the oneness of Allah (God). The person will spend eternity in hell fire.

Sounds a little harsh doesnt it? I hope that you will continue to show interest in learning about Islam and become a believer, and be given the reward of paradise if you become a good Muslim. God is just. All Muslims will eventually enter paradise but those who sinned and die before they can ask for God's forgiveness will be punished too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mariamq
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
What i have noticed is that when people read from Islamic books things like non belivers will go to hell and so forth then it is really shocking BUT if it says that same thing in the jewish books or the christian books then it is fine... Subhanallah... I really dont understand why people are like that.

cihad
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
i know what you mean

Rabi'ya
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I read somewhere recently(i will try to locate it inshAllah) that there are different punishments for non-muslims, like various kinda catagories

Being a non-Muslim(never having encountered Islam)
Being a non-Muslim(encountering Islam but not trying to or wanting to understand Islam)
Being a non-Muslim where you have encountered, understood and still choose to reject faith.

For each of these there was different rulings, for example, how can someone who lives in the rainforest - never having contact with Islam - be expected to live according to Islam?Unless Allah reveals Islam to them then surely they will be judged on their deeds. Remember not all communites have had access to Islam to this day...

InshAllah i will try to find the book i was reading from(i have a bad memory when it comes to remembering where i read something)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

brotherhood
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
:sl:

can you please let me know the title of the book too inshallah :D

Mohsin
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Ye i also like the sound of this book, rep points on offer!

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-14-2005, 10:37 PM
:sl:

IslamToday.com fatwa committee writes:
God, in his mercy, does not compel anyone to believe in Him. It is unlawful for Muslims to compel others. In this world, we will make our choices according to our free will. God says 'Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from falsehood. Whoever disbelieves in false worship and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks.' [Surah al-Baqarah: 256]

Non-Muslims who never heard the message of Islam are known as ahl al-fatrah. God says: 'Nor would We punish until We had sent a messenger (to give warning).' [Surah al-Isra: 15]

Many scholars, including Ibn al-Qayyim, Ibn Kathir and Ibn Baz, have adapted the saying that the people who have never had an opportunity to come to know about Islam will be tested by God on the Day of Judgment. Those who pass the test and obey the commands will go to Paradise and those who are disobedient will go to Hell.

God knows best who has heard His message properly and rejected it and who has not done so. The most we can say that it is obligatory for all people to accept Islam and that anyone who knowingly rejects the truth of Islam is condemned in the Hereafter. However, it is not our place to state exactly what God is going to do with each and every individual on the Day of Judgment. God is the only one who knows the hearts of people and their circumstances, and He is the only one who will sit in judgment. We must trust in Him.

And God knows best.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.