/* */

PDA

View Full Version : tabeez

jawanazam
12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
:sl: Many people in my family use tabeez( an amulet with Quranic inscription) tie on a neck string or wristband. I myself have never used it as I myself can find no reference to its usefulness in any ahadith I have read(bare in mind I have no formal islamic education), although some sheikhs noticably from india and pakistan swear by effectiveness of these tabeez to ward of the evil eye etc etc.. I have even discovered that many "Maulanas" (I personally prefer shiekh) manufacture and sell these to their followers. Im interested to know do you use tabeez and if so on what authority. I dont want to critisize, its just that my knowledge of its permissability in Islam is weak and would like to know for sure if it is allowed. thanks :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
12-02-2005, 02:42 PM
:sl:
The majority of Islamic scholars have said that this is not permissable. Please read here:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ds=qa...R=10543&dgn=3&

:w:

Safa
12-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Besides being impermissible, there is doubt whether these amulets really contain Quranic verses. I am saying this because sometimes without someones knowing the so called sheikhs or maulanas often put Satanic verses in these amulets and say that they are Quranic. I have seen this for myself. Someone who has been wearing the tabeez all his life thought the verses inside his tabeez were from the Quran. He went to a sheikh to see if this was true. So for the first time he opened his tabeez. The sheikh saw the inscriptions and told him that these were Satanic verses.

One should not use the verses of Quran itself as a form of protection but rather to recite them and keep them in memory.

ummAbdillah
12-02-2005, 05:36 PM
a friend of mine wears a neclace that says allah on it.... is that allowed?
jazak allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mehnaz
12-02-2005, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jawanazam
I dont want to critisize, its just that my knowledge of its permissability in Islam is weak and would like to know for sure if it is allowed. thanks :w:
Salaam,
MashaAllah very good question bro....!!..

Safa
12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lovly_lady
a friend of mine wears a neclace that says allah on it.... is that allowed?
jazak allah
:sl:

I'm not sure sis, but if its worn as an accessory then there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. But then again the Prophet (pbuh) never wore anything that had Allah's (swt) name on it and nor did the Sahabah. Its best to be on the safe side.

The tabeez is different because its used as a protection and that is not permissible because Muslims are advised to ask Allah (swt) directly for help/protection and not depend on the tabeez to keep them safe (kind of thinking of it being a good luck charm).

If indeed thou ask them who it is that created the heavens and the earth, they would be sure to say, "God". Say: "See ye then? the things that ye invoke besides God,- can they, if God wills some Penalty for me, remove His Penalty?- Or if He wills some Grace for me, can they keep back his Grace?" Say: "Sufficient is God for me! In Him trust those who put their trust."--39:38

This verse refers to the Jahiliyah Arabs who possessed charms and talismans.

Allah (swt) knows best.

sapphire
12-02-2005, 10:03 PM
cant go to the toilet with any thing worn that contains Allahs name or quranic ayah..not sure about the tabeez.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!