PDA

View Full Version : If Allah Forgive? Why Friend not forgive



kashifdogar
12-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Dear Brother and Sister
:sl:
Tell me some one if i as muslam do something wrong and after i from my heart want forgive Allah Please. Can Allah Forgive me?
And if Allah Forgive me and why my friend not forgive me?
I too much sad please some one reply can possible my friend forgive me? i wait.
:w:
Your Brother
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
12-04-2005, 02:16 PM
:sl: Now, Now, Don't be sad :-\



Allah(swt) will forgive you because you have mercey one him and he wants you to have mercy on him. In the times of crisis or trouble he wants you to go and look after him. If you have commited a sin the first thing you should do is go and repent to Allah(swt). Now since you are doing this, you are demonstrating to him that you are repenting for your since thus it will be washed away. No matter how many sins you've commited no matter what kind of sin you commited you must always always always repent to Allah(swt). By doing this you have followed his directions by looking up to him in means of respect and therefore you have followed his directions by simply repenting for your own sins.


Now, on the other hand, your friend that will retain his/her anger therefore it will be a bit harder for them to forgive you until otherwise. It will take them time to heal for whatever reason that you have caused them to become angry. Remeber, their feelings have just gotten hurt, and they are human beings like you are so they also have feelings. They will not forgive you now because they have retained anger against you and that is known as holding a grudge. In Islam, holding a grudge is haraam. Plain and simple. We cannot hold a grudge for more than three days. So if your friend is holding that grudge for that long perios of time that will be sinning as you therefore they will have to go and asl forgiveness to Allah(swt) themselves.


:w:
Reply

kashifdogar
12-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Dear Sister
:sl:
Thanks too much for reply me. You tell me good things. I agree with you. I know if my friend more then 3 days angry then Allah is also not like but i pray to Allah please forgive my friend and dont angry with my friend if my friend not forgive me. Because i always want my friend where live happy and healthy and Allah with also happy.
But i also pray to Allah Please forgive me and help me and please my friend also forgive me.
:w:
Your Brother
Reply

Z
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Peace.

قَالَ رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَلأَخِي وَأَدْخِلْنَا فِي رَحْمَتِكَ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

'O my Lord! forgive me and my brother! admit us to Thy mercy! for Thou art the Most Merciful of those who show mercy!' [7:151]
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Halima
12-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by kashifdogar
Dear Sister
:sl:
Thanks too much for reply me. You tell me good things. I agree with you. I know if my friend more then 3 days angry then Allah is also not like but i pray to Allah please forgive my friend and dont angry with my friend if my friend not forgive me. Because i always want my friend where live happy and healthy and Allah with also happy.
But i also pray to Allah Please forgive me and help me and please my friend also forgive me.
:w:
Your Brother

I had also meant to say that you should worry more about pleasing Allah(swt) rather than pleasing your friend because I sense in your post that you are very much worried about pleasing your friend. Do not worry because your friend will eventually get over it and tomorrow's going to be a new day. Worry more about pleasing Allah(swt) for his sake, and his sake only inshaAllah.
Reply

safwana
12-04-2005, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=kashifdogar;122267]Dear Brother and Sister
:sl:
Tell me some one if i as muslam do something wrong and after i from my heart want forgive Allah Please. Can Allah Forgive me?
And if Allah Forgive me and why my friend not forgive me?
I too much sad please some one reply can possible my friend forgive me? i wait.



:sl:

if uve asked them 32 4gve u then ur fardh is dun allah 4gives ur sins so in time they will 4gve u 2? it might just tke them loner 2 except it?

:w:
Reply

jitty
12-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by kashifdogar
Dear Brother and Sister
:sl:
Tell me some one if i as muslam do something wrong and after i from my heart want forgive Allah Please. Can Allah Forgive me?
And if Allah Forgive me and why my friend not forgive me?
I too much sad please some one reply can possible my friend forgive me? i wait.
:w:
Your Brother
Chin up matey. What does your mate not forgive you for? Somethings are very deep. Time is the best healer.
Reply

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
:sl:

coz sis, Allah is far more forgiving n kind than our frds or ne one in this world..
m secondly Allah knows all the situation behind our mistakes on the other hand frds dont..
so cheer up!! no need to get so depressed..seek forgiveness form Allah..

:w: :sister:
Reply

asma2
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
if you do it honestly from your heart than you are forgived but if you want to be forgived and will do it the same mistake again than you ain,t forgived
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
12-05-2005, 11:57 AM
salam
mashallah that is true sis, make taubah and repentance sincerely in the hope that you want to be forgiven and then inshallah thumma inshallah allah will listen to those who repent and forgive them
wasalam
Reply

Al-Hanbali
12-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Salam,
yes thumma inshallah
Reply

Eric H
12-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Greetings and peace

I feel that the power to forgive is overlooked so often because we let our principles get in the way and we choose not to forgive. Maybe I can give a couple of personnel examples about forgiveness, one is really trivial and the outcome of the other made the difference between life and death.

Some years ago I was a window cleaner and a lady stopped me in the street and asked me to clean her windows, she said she would pay me on Friday. I went back and she said sorry come back again next week for the money. This went on for several months and I was going back every week for the money and becoming angrier as time went by. One day I went round and she was unloading a car full of shopping and she was almost laughing when she said I have spent all my money. I used to go home after and be angry with my wife and children because of how I felt.

I became more determined because of the injustice and it was eating away at me, I was scheming all kinds of things, like super gluing her door locks, slashing her car tyres, putting paint striper on her car.

I can’t really explain how the change came but one day I just said to myself she wants the money more than I do, I will forgive her and not call back on her again and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted the moment I said that to myself.

When I look back it had taken me less than 15 minutes to clean her windows. I must have spent hours of my time in chasing after 15 minutes of work and countless number of hours feeling anger over several months.



The second instance came about after I had bee cleaning an old ladies windows for a couple of years and it took longer to have a drink and a chat with her than it did to clean her windows. One day I called on her and she said if I tell you something will you promise not to tell anyone else. I thought it was going to be a bit of gossip and said yes.

She said she had just started to take some pills and she was going to end her life. I talked with her and listened to her story.

She had worked very hard during her life, her husband ran of with another woman and took most of her money at the time, and her children had used her and left her. Despite that she still managed to have a large house and a comfortable life money wise. She had a lodger at the time and he was a bit short sighted one day he kicked her dog, maybe it was an accident but the dog died in agony over the following month whining and being sick all the time.

She evicted her lodger and could not forgive him; her dog was getting old and she said it was the only thing in her life that had ever loved her for who she was and she had nothing to live for.

We talked for a couple of hours and the thing that seemed to make a difference to her was when I said death is not a problem we all die; but do you want to spend your final time on this Earth a bitter, twisted and angry woman; somehow you have to find it in your heart to forgive this man.

Just before I left I said it is pointless coming back next month to clean your windows, she said come back.

I called the following month and her kitchen had been decorated, she was planning to change the garden around, it was as if nothing had happened and she never mentioned again about giving up on life.

If I had never experienced the power to forgive in the first trivial way, I would not have understood how to help this lady.

If we do wrong then maybe it is our duty to try and ask for forgiveness so that the person we have offended will not store up all this anger in his heart.

On the television last week there was a lady who said that she forgave the person who had killed her son in a racially motivated attack. She said it was the Christian thing to do and I can understand how this would help her live her life despite the murder of her son.

Maybe as we learn how to forgive then we can come to some small understanding of how God can be even more forgiving. If we cannot forgive and store up anger in our hearts, then maybe God will judge us by this same measure.

In the spirit of seeking peace arter conflict

Eric
Reply

Rabi'ya
12-06-2005, 01:29 PM
:sl: brother kashif

I am sure that your friend has forgiven you, but whatever the situation is, they are just finding it hard to accept. After time your friend will accpet it and will return to normal. I suggest you giev your friend some space and just wait. As it was said before TIME IS THE BEST HEALER..
Keep your friend in your duaas and I am sure, as you are good friends, that your friend will keep you in theirs.

:w:

your sister in Islam,

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

asma2
12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
anyway it is upto allah to forgive u i hav,t relly got the corage to say yes i could only judge by the action
Reply

Snowflake
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by kashifdogar
Dear Brother and Sister
:sl:
Tell me some one if i as muslam do something wrong and after i from my heart want forgive Allah Please. Can Allah Forgive me?
And if Allah Forgive me and why my friend not forgive me?
I too much sad please some one reply can possible my friend forgive me? i wait.
:w:
Your Brother
:sl: Brother Kashifdogar,

Brother I could be wrong, please other brothers and sisters correct me if I am. But as far as I know if you have wronged another person, then Allah ta aala will not forgive you unless the person you wronged has done so. You are obviously feeling remorse about whatever it is that you did to upset your friend. May Allah soften your friends heart to accept your apologies. And I hope you learn from this too. I think you should make it very clear to your friend how sorry you are and that you do not want to lose their friendship. However it may be that this friend does not wish to be your friend for other reasons and has found an excuse to end the friendship. In that case there is nothing you can do. Whatever happens accept it and move on. I wish you the best, brother I pray things work out for you and your friend.

:w:
Reply

Eric H
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Greetings and peace Nadia Waheed;

then Allah ta aala will not forgive you unless the person you wronged has done so.
We look at scriptures and we sincerely try and interpret them to the best of our ability with no malice intended, but is it ever possible to know how God reacts to our actions

In Christianity we believe that our judgement by God can depend on how we judge others. If we cannot forgive and judge others harshly then we will be judged harshly, and if we can forgive and judge others with kindness then we will be judged kindly.

We talk of God being all merciful and forgiving and I would hope that he forgives in a greater way than I can forgive others. I have to hope that God’s forgiveness does not depend on mans ability to forgive.

We should pray for each other that Our God may save us all

In the spirit of seeking interfaith friendship

Eric
Reply

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
:sl:
In Islam, one of the four components of sincere repentence entails that one seek forgiveness from the person they have wronged. They may not necessarily recieve forgiveness from that individual, but Islamically they must seek it. So long as they seek forgiveness from that individual, sincerely, then we pray Allah swt forgives them.

:w:
Reply

Eric H
12-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Greetings and peace Ansar Al-'Adl,
Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl:
In Islam, one of the four components of sincere repentence entails that one seek forgiveness from the person they have wronged. They may not necessarily recieve forgiveness from that individual, but Islamically they must seek it. So long as they seek forgiveness from that individual, sincerely, then we pray Allah swt forgives them.

:w:
Thank you for your explanation that makes far more sense to me. I believe that the need to forgive and ask for forgiveness is one of the toughest things we are asked to do.

May God bless you,

Eric
Reply

karim
12-09-2005, 01:13 AM
:sl:


one day someone told me that if you think about it your friend will forgive him or her.


one day someone told me that if you think about it your friend will be forgivent.




:w:
Reply

Tasneem
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Allah forgives truly that is the truth.But just because Allah forgives does'nt mean humans do.
Allah is not like humans.
U may have Allahs forgivness but not ur friends because some humans just are'nt forgiving.
Even when somone tries to apoligize to a person it may take days,months or even years,YES i said YEARS to forgive a person.
Just remember Allah is Al-Gaffar not humans.
I know this so-called sis.and a sis.did something to her the sis. said sorry but this sis. started cursing at her and her kids were right there.
If someone apoligizes to us we ARE suppose to accept it and a grudge is not to be held for more than 3 days.
Reply

Snowflake
12-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace Nadia Waheed;


We look at scriptures and we sincerely try and interpret them to the best of our ability with no malice intended, but is it ever possible to know how God reacts to our actions

In Christianity we believe that our judgement by God can depend on how we judge others. If we cannot forgive and judge others harshly then we will be judged harshly, and if we can forgive and judge others with kindness then we will be judged kindly.

We talk of God being all merciful and forgiving and I would hope that he forgives in a greater way than I can forgive others. I have to hope that God’s forgiveness does not depend on mans ability to forgive.

We should pray for each other that Our God may save us all

In the spirit of seeking interfaith friendship

Eric
Greetings and peace Brother Eric,

I can see your point brother but Islam not only has solutions to dissolve our sins but also to disuade us from them doing them in the first place.
If I knew I can wrong a person and then seek forgiveness from God, it may not have any major impact on me. I could continue knowing I'll be forgiven. However if I knew that Allah would not forgive me unless I'd been forgiven from the person I'd wronged first, this will make me think twice before wronging another person. Hope that makes sense.
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
salam
mashallah true sis, i couldn't have said it better myself
jazakallah
wasalam
Reply

Snowflake
12-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl:
In Islam, one of the four components of sincere repentence entails that one seek forgiveness from the person they have wronged. They may not necessarily recieve forgiveness from that individual, but Islamically they must seek it. So long as they seek forgiveness from that individual, sincerely, then we pray Allah swt forgives them.

:w:

MashaAllah Brother Ansar. Thank you for explaining it better than I did.



:w:
Reply

Snowflake
12-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
mashallah true sis, i couldn't have said it better myself
jazakallah
wasalam
:sl:

JazakAllah brother Metsudaistwice.


:w:
Reply

Eric H
12-10-2005, 06:11 AM
Greetings and peace to you all

To be able to truly forgive is hard, often when someone has done something bad to you then you want it put right, you want justice. This is tough because justice is not always available to you, and I am thinking about the Palestinian and Iraqi people in particular.
Could this need to ask forgiveness be used in any way to help bring about peace in Iraq or Palestine?

In the spirit of seeking justice and peace

Eric
Reply

Shadow
12-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace to you all

To be able to truly forgive is hard, often when someone has done something bad to you then you want it put right, you want justice. This is tough because justice is not always available to you, and I am thinking about the Palestinian and Iraqi people in particular.
Could this need to ask forgiveness be used in any way to help bring about peace in Iraq or Palestine?

In the spirit of seeking justice and peace

Eric
i know what u mean brother, its very hard for them to forgive others because many people in iraq and palestine are suffering and their family is dead because of the opposition and its soooooo hard to forgive someone who killed someone from your own family
i find it hard to forgive someone who insults my family... but to forgive someone who killed them is a true test of faith
(my opinion)
Reply

Eric H
12-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Greetings and peace Gandalf;
i find it hard to forgive someone who insults my family... but to forgive someone who killed them is a true test of faith
(my opinion)
We can never really know how we would react if someone killed one of our own family members, but in rare occasions it can happen, In England in the last couple of weeks a mother said on the news that she forgave the two men who killed her son with an axe in a racially motivated attack.

By her actions she has tested the conscience of all the white people in her area who do not like blacks.

In the spirit of seeking peace and reconciliation

Eric
Reply

mehnaz
12-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Salaam,

MashaAllah some very nice posts here....JazakAllah bros and sisters...

Wsalaam
Reply

asma2
12-10-2005, 02:18 PM
just ask allah forgiveness and u might be forgived and try not to do the same mistake
Reply

asma2
12-10-2005, 02:24 PM
allh most likely to forgive for those who remember him and ask for his forgivness
Reply

AK_47
01-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by kashifdogar
Dear Sister
:sl:
Thanks too much for reply me. You tell me good things. I agree with you. I know if my friend more then 3 days angry then Allah is also not like but i pray to Allah please forgive my friend and dont angry with my friend if my friend not forgive me. Because i always want my friend where live happy and healthy and Allah with also happy.
But i also pray to Allah Please forgive me and help me and please my friend also forgive me.
:w:
Your Brother
but the thing is you cant us why your friend wont forgive you because we aint heard the other side of the story. You probably dun summat really bad then
Reply

Eric H
01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Greetings and peace AK_47;

but the thing is you cant us why your friend wont forgive you because we aint heard the other side of the story. You probably dun summat really bad then
That is exactly the point of forgiveness; you only need forgiving when you have done something wrong.

In the spirit of seeking peace and reconciliation

Eric
Reply

AK_47
01-07-2006, 11:30 AM
One thing is for sure this person who hes chatin about, I know her and she forgives him because she is a really good person mashallah.
I am a paki and i know alot of ppl who have paid women from uk to be their wives so they can get a visa.
Im ashamed to think of these as my people.
Reply

kashifdogar
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
yes are you say right she really so good and she also forgive me thanks God.
:w:
Your Brother
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 02:08 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!