/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'an Challenge

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Khaldun
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
:sl:

Ok can you give me the opposite? Letter Seen but pronounced as a Saad?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Ok can you give me the opposite? Letter Seen but pronounced as a Saad?
Is it "Am 'indahum khazaainu Rabbika am humul musaiTiroon"? (Surah Toor, 37)

I have a question: There is an Ayah in which all the letters have the vowel sign of Fatha (zabar in Urdu). Find the Ayah.

:w:

nightingale
01-07-2009, 03:17 AM

Is it "AAbasa watawalla"?

AabiruSabeel
01-07-2009, 06:08 AM

You are very near...
"AAbasa watawalla" has one Shaddah on Laam. The one I am asking for has either FatHa on all letters or no vowel sign... ie a few letters have no vowel sign, others have FatHa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nightingale
01-07-2009, 06:59 AM

Is it "fahashara fanaadaa"?

AabiruSabeel
01-07-2009, 12:24 PM
^ yes its FaHashara Fanaada

Your turn now

nightingale
01-07-2009, 03:31 PM

In which ayah does the meem sound م occur 5 times consecutively?

nightingale
01-07-2009, 03:41 PM
That was fast. It is correct :smile:

your turn...

AabiruSabeel
01-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Its "Mi-ati alfin aw yazeedoon"... A hundred thousand or more.

Which ayah is considered as "Akhwafu ayatin fi Kitabillah" The most fearful ayah in the Book of Allah?

nightingale
01-08-2009, 06:12 AM
There are many ayahs which makes us fearful. Personally, the following ayahs makes me most fearful.

"And Allah warns you against Himself (His punishment)".
(Surah Al Imran, verse30)

(It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him;''
"Then throw him in the blazing Fire.'' (Surah Haqqah, verse 30-31)

AabiruSabeel
01-08-2009, 12:01 PM

It seems that scholars differ on which is the most fearful Ayah in the Quran.
Some say its "Wa Qadimna ila ma 'amilu min 'amalin faja'alnahu habaa-am manthoora"
Others say its: لَسْتُمْ عَلَى شَيْءٍ حَتَّى تُقِيمُوا التَّوْرَاةَ وَالْإِنْجِيلَ وَمَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكُمْ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ
or وَاتَّقُوا النَّارَ الَّتِي أُعِدَّتْ لِلْكَافِرِينَ
or لَبِئْسَ مَا كَانُوا يَصْنَعُونَ
or مَنْ يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا يُجْزَ بِهِ
At one place I had heard its ومن يعمل مثقال ذرة شرا يره last ayah of Surah Zilzal.

Maybe bro Khaldun or someone who has studied tafseer can expain it a little better.

Lets change the question. Currently I don't have any question. If you have, you can ask.

nightingale
01-08-2009, 01:46 PM

Which surahs begin with "al-hamd"?

ayesha309
01-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Surat Al-Fatiha
Surat Al-An'am
Surat Al-Kahf
Surat Al-Fatir
Surat Saba
have i got them all?

nightingale
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Correct :)

Najm
01-14-2009, 04:35 PM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Sorry i thought id join:-[

What kind of kufr that is obligatory on every Muslim? Verse from the Quran ?

FiAmaaniAllah

AabiruSabeel
01-15-2009, 05:57 AM

Rejecting the Taghoot is required by every Muslim.
"FamainYakfur bit-Taghooti wa yu'mim billahi..."
There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (Surah Al-Baqarah: 256)

Najm
01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Thats correct, MarshaAllah!!

Which surah in the Qur'an contains the first ayah that was revealed where Muslims are commanded to bow down in sujud (prostration) when read? What was the ayah?

FiAmaaniAllah

nightingale
01-16-2009, 04:21 AM
Surah An-Najm

The ayah is فَاسْجُدُواْ لِلَّهِ وَاعْبُدُواْ

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-28-2009, 04:08 AM

Next question:

What are the five verses from Surah an-Nisa' about which 'Abdullah ibn Mas`ud (radi allaahu anhu) said: "There are five ayaat in surah an-Nisa' that I would prefer to the life of this world and all that is in it..." ?

AabiruSabeel
02-02-2009, 06:10 PM
That was really tough. These are the five ayat:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يَظْلِمُ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ

(Surely, Allah wrongs not even the weight of an atom,) [4:40],

إِن تَجْتَنِبُواْ كَبَآئِرَ مَا تُنهَوْنَ عَنْهُ

(If you avoid the great sins which you are forbidden to do) [4:31],

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يَغْفِرُ أَن يُشْرَكَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَلِكَ لِمَن يَشَآءُ

(Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills) [4:48],

وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ إِذ ظَّلَمُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ جَآءُوكَ

(If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you) [4:64], and,

وَمَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءاً أَوْ يَظْلِمْ نَفْسَهُ ثُمَّ يَسْتَغْفِرِ اللَّهَ يَجِدِ اللَّهَ غَفُوراً رَّحِيماً

(And whoever does evil or wrongs himself, but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful) [4:110].

Khaldun
06-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Why did this thread die? Where are the Ahl-ul-Qur'aan?

Question:

There are three verses in the Qur'aan that do not have any dots at all on the letters, could you please tell me these three verses.

Soulja Girl
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM

والطور

و العصر

الله الصمد

Khaldun
06-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Yes mashaAllah correct!

Actually there are four, so you have one left to get!

And yes these are without the huruf al muqatta'a (such as alif laam meem)

Soulja Girl
06-20-2009, 07:12 PM

^للسائل والمحروم

Khaldun
06-20-2009, 09:23 PM

If you get a fifth one then you are very good.

Soulja Girl
06-21-2009, 08:35 AM

و والد و ما ولد

=)

Khaldun
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM

MashAllah very good.

Now its your turn.

Soulja Girl
06-22-2009, 03:50 PM

Which Surah has teh name of Allah in ever ayah? :)

AabiruSabeel
06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uma Rayanah
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
There is a surah in the Qurun in which the word "ALLAH" is mentioned at least once in every single ayah (verse), and in one ayah this word is found 5 times! Which surah is it?
Suraaht Al Mujaadalaah...
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
format_quote Originally Posted by hidaayah
format_quote Originally Posted by Little Muslimah
format_quote Originally Posted by Warrior
My question
Which Surah found in the Quran has Allah mentioned at least once in every on of its verse?
My Answer:
I belive the name of the surah is Ar-Rahman

umm..isn't it surah Mujadilah :?
yep ! it is :)
yes it is :rolleyes:
next ?
format_quote Originally Posted by era

next intresting:)
In which Sura the name of Allah is repeated in every verse ?
surah Mujadilah :uhwhat
format_quote Originally Posted by meelash
الحمد للله، I've got a cool question, I hope no one's offended if I interject it here, without having been the last person to get a right answer. Also if it's already been asked, I apologize as it would take a long time to go over all 91 pages. (I will get right on that though ;)). Anyway, here goes:

What Sura has the name Allah in every verse?

السلام عليكم

سليم
Surah Mujadilah :hiding:
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Which Surah has teh name of Allah in ever ayah? :)

I believe the question is answered now.

Al-Hanbali
06-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Next Q .... ?

Sarahd
07-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Ok, next question:

There is one Surah in the Qur'aan where u musn't read 'bismillah' when starting.
Which Surah is this?

:)

ayan333
07-06-2009, 11:08 PM

Surah Towbah...

what Surah was revealed to Prophet Mohamed (Saw) under a tree/

Sarahd
07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

Surah Towbah...

Correct answer!:) Good.
But the answer to your question I dont know!!!:X

UmmHasan
07-21-2009, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

Surah Towbah...

was it surah Kawthar?

Hamad
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
:salamext:

aren't you sister Hms suppose to give the next question?

UmmHasan
07-21-2009, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamad
:salamext:

aren't you sister Hms suppose to give the next question?
yeh.. but i didnt because i dont know if th answer is right.

UmmHasan
07-21-2009, 11:48 PM
What surah has two :bism: ?

Na7lah
07-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Surah An-naml

UmmHasan
07-22-2009, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
Surah An-naml
next question sister?

Na7lah
07-22-2009, 07:55 PM
You can take my turn ^

UmmHasan
07-23-2009, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
You can take my turn ^
lol.. i cant really think of any questions that havent been posted here already...:hmm:

ayan333
09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
After seeing his sister read this surah Umar (r.a) demanded to see it and as a result reverted to Islam.What Surah is this?

BintAbee
09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
^Sura Taha

NEXT: A sura with 30 verses that will protect one who reads it every night from the punishment of the grave?

A.M.H.
09-15-2009, 05:26 PM
surah mulk

next:A surah with 30 verses which should also be recited with sura mulk every night ,,it has 1 sajdah ayah in the middle

ayan333
09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmHasan
was it surah Kawthar?

No,its Surah Fath

//-Asif-\\
09-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Where's the next question!?

Khaldun
10-16-2009, 07:06 PM

Give me all the places in the Qur'aan where this phrase appears:

Inil hukmu illa lillaah

A.M.H.
10-17-2009, 10:37 AM

Al-An'am [6:57]

Qul innee AAala bayyinatin min rabbee wakaththabtum bihi ma AAindee ma tastaAAjiloona bihi ini alhukmu illa lillahi yaqussu alhaqqa wahuwa khayru alfasileena

6:57 Say: "For me, I (work) on a clear sign from my Lord, but ye reject Him. What ye would see hastened, is not in my power. The command rests with none but Allah. He declares the truth, and He is the best of judges."

Yusuf [12:40]

Ma taAAbudoona min doonihi illa asmaan sammaytumooha antum waabaokum ma anzala Allahu biha min sultanin ini alhukmu illa lillahi amara alla taAAbudoo illa iyyahu thalika alddeenu alqayyimu walakinna akthara alnnasi la yaAAlamoona

12:40 "If not Him, ye worship nothing but names which ye have named,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah hath sent down no authority: the command is for none but Allah. He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, but most men understand not...

Yusuf [12:67]

Waqala ya baniyya la tadkhuloo min babin wahidin waodkhuloo min abwabin mutafarriqatin wama oghnee AAankum mina Allahi min shayin ini alhukmu illa lillahi AAalayhi tawakkaltu waAAalayhi falyatawakkali almutawakkiloona

12:67 Further he said: "O my sons! enter not all by one gate: enter ye by different gates. Not that I can profit you aught against Allah (with my advice): None can command except Allah. On Him do I put my trust: and let all that trust put their trust on Him."

Khaldun
11-03-2009, 07:23 AM

This is a chance for brother and sisters to trick or prank their friends. [Im sure you love the idea]

Ask them to carry on from wa nazi'aati naz'a. If they are clever and sharp they will stop you and say it is wa nazi'aati gharga and not wa nazi'aati naz'a otherwise they will just carry on reading. This is because sometimes people get distracted due to surahs like wa dhaariyaati dharwa or wa saafati saffa

Tell me if it works.

footy_craze
08-24-2012, 04:44 AM
^^ Lol that will only work with someone who hasn't heard that surah before which is rare as it is in the 30th juz

Amat Allah
03-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Next: A Surah in Qur'aan also named Surat Attawl and Al Mu'min?

Muhammad
03-21-2013, 11:10 PM
^ Surah Al-Ghafir. I didn't know about the name At-Tawl. I was reminded of coming across another name of a surah I wasn't familiar with but couldn't remember what it was. It might be Surah Al-Mala'ikah.

So for the next question, which surah is also known as Surah Al-Mala'ikah?

Amat Allah
03-22-2013, 06:08 AM
Bravoo, Ma shaa Allah; it is Surat Ghaafir and Yes, even me; didn't know those names but recently, Alhamdulilah.

Named Ghaafir and Attawl from the third verse of the Surah :

Ghafiri alththanbi waqabili alttawbi shadeedi alAAiqabi thee alttawli la ilaha illa huwa ilayhi almaseeru

And Named Surat Al Mu'min; because of the story of the believer man from the family of Fir'awn which has been mentioned from verse 28 to verse 45

Waqala rajulun mu/minun min ali firAAawna yaktumu eemanahu ...

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
So for the next question, which surah is also known as Surah Al-Mala'ikah?
Surat Faatir: Alhamdu lillahi fatiri alssamawati waal-ardi jaAAili almala-ikati rusulan olee ajnihatin mathna wathulatha warubaAAa yazeedu fee alkhalqi ma yashao inna Allaha AAala kulli shay-in qadeerun

Next: Who are Ath'thaqalaan?

Bint-e-Adam
03-22-2013, 06:48 AM
it means the living beings. there are two classes of beings : Jinns and Humans.
next: in which Surah and ayah Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S) father's name is mentioned?

Amat Allah
03-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Bravoo habibati, Ma shaa Allah. Ath'thaqalaan are: Jinn and Mankind ^-^

format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
next: in which Surah and ayah Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S) father's name is mentioned?
"And (remember) whenIbrahim (Abraham) said to his father Azar: "Do you take idols as aliha (gods)? Verily, I see you and your people in manifest error. (74)

[Surat Al An'aam_74]

Next:Who is the boy-servant of Moosa (peace be upon him) who is mentioned In Surat Al Kahff in the story of Moosa and Al Khider (peace be upon them) and what was his name and that boy later had been granted a miracle from Allah (mentioned in Sunnah), what was it?

Bint-e-Adam
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM
His name was Yusha bin Noon (A.S).

Yusha
Bin Noon (AS) was also Musa's (AS) successor. When Musa (AS) passed away, he became the prophet and it was under his leadership that Banu Israel finally conquered Jerusalem.

The prophet Muhammad (SAW) mentions one miracle of his. Yusha wanted to conquer Jerusalem before sunset so Allah cause the sunset to be delayed until he had conquered Jerusalem. Here follows the complete narration:

It has been narrated by Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: "One of the Prophets made a holy war. He said to his followers: One who has married a woman and wants to consummate to his marriage but has not yet done so; another who has built a house but has not yet erected its roof; and another who has bought goats and pregnant she-camels and is waiting for their offspring-will not accommpany me. So he marched on and approached a village at or about the time of the Asr prayers. He said to the sun: Thou art subserviant (to Allah) and so am I. O Allah, stop it for me a little. It was stopped for him until Allah granted him victory. The people gathered the spoils of war (at one place). A fire approached the spoils to devour them, but it did not devour them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Some of you have been guilty of misappropriation. So one man from each tribe should swear fealty to me. The did so (putting their hands into his). The hand of one man stuck to his hand and the Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: Your tribe is guilty of misappropriation. Let all the members of your tribe swear fealty to me one by one. They did so, when the hands of two or three persons got stuck with his hand. He said: You have misappropriated. So they took out gold equal in volume to the head of a cow. They-placed it among the spoils on the earth. Then the fire approached the spoils and devoured them. The spoils of war were not made lawful for any people before us, This is because Allah saw our weakness and humility and made them lawful for us." (Saheeh Muslim 19:4327)

We learn that the prophet mentioned in the above Hadith is Yusha from the following narration mentioned by Imam Ahmad Ibn Hambal with an authentic chain of narrator: The prophet (SAW) said, "The sun has never stopped for any man besides Yusha when he wanted to conquer Baitul Muqaddis," (Bidaya Wa Nihaya, volume: 1, p: 382)

Bint-e-Adam
03-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Next: What is the meaning of these underlined wordS and from which surah are they?

"Bi akwaabin wa abaareeqa wa qaa'sin min ma'een"

Fainoz
01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint-e-Adam
Next: What is the meaning of these underlined wordS and from which surah are they?

"Bi akwaabin wa abaareeqa wa qaa'sin min ma'een"

is it waqiah? and akwaabin means cups not sure about the other 2

Muhaba
01-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Wow! it's taken so long to answer this question!

The verse is 56:18 (Surah Al-Waqiah) and it's translation is:
With vessels, pitchers and a cup [of wine] from a flowing spring

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.