/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some technical Q's for the admins

akulion
12-10-2005, 03:54 AM
salam alaikum

Well I hope this is ok to ask in here, I didnt know where else to ask.
I am having a major problem with my current host since they limit connections to the database on my server. So I would like to ask which host do you use to house your site?
Would a dedicated server be required?

Someone recommended dreamhost.com to me and they did say they offer unlimited connnections. But still I would like to look around a lil more and ask fellow muslims before I select a host insha'Allah.

If you feel this info is private and dont wish to answer then dont worry insha'Allah

aku

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
:sl: brother,

Currently, the server is hosted on a VPS which is a semi-dedicated server. That means, you're allocated a certain share of the server's hardware. For instance, , the host might divide the server up into tenths in which every VPS account gets 1/10 of the memory, cpu and nic.

Webmasters who run large websites and/or forums usually get dedicated servers in order to run their websites and/or forums smoothly.

I advise you to go with a VPS package where you can manage your server resources without sharing them others. If you cannot afford a VPS package, then post your requirements at:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com where you can find most webhosts.

:w:

akulion
12-10-2005, 08:56 PM
:sl:

jazak Allah khair for your response bro
As you may have noticed my site is still very young and traffic is slowly rising over the months
so for now I went with dreamhost.com since the bro who recommended it said it didnt give him any problems even with 64 visitors at one time (which is his highest yet).
So i believe I wont be having too high figures for the 1st year atleast.

And as for VPS and Dedicated hosts those are way too expensive for me now especially being a completely non commercial site it can be very tough. But insha'Allah hopefully in the future someday I may have one.
Lets pray everything works out well for all Muslim sites around the net ameen.

Jazak Allah khair for your wonderful help bro :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.