/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on the Chatrooms

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-11-2005, 10:46 PM
:sl:
Here you can give feedback on the new chatrooms (available only for members of the brothers or sisters private usergroups), and rate them as well, inshaa'Allah.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimah81
12-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Salaams

I followed the instructions of how to log into the chat room......but a blank page appears and there is a little box with a red X on the top left hand side of the 'chat' screen. The page is loaded because it says 'Done' at the bottom of the page. No writing appears on the screen so I cannot opt for the sisters chat room. I have dial up internet..........is this responsible for the problem?

Wassalam

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

sis, i think its because you dont have 'java' installed. the chatrooms run on that so you might have to download it.

you can download it off this link insha Allaah.

http://jdl.sun.com/webapps/download/...BundleId=10342

if that doesn't work, or you need more help - please dont be afraid to ask. jazak Allaah khayr.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
It may not be working at the moment, give it some time, inshaa'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah81
12-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Salaams brother akhee

I am downloading from the link you provided. I am not very computer savvy.......but something called 'J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 6 ' is being installed. It seems to be taking quite long to install............:-\ I will give some feedback soon inshaAllah.

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 11:24 PM

jazak Allaah khayr for the update. its supposed to take a while to install so you dont need to worry about that insha Allaah.

if you come up with any problems please mention it. jazak Allaah khayr.

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

hmmmmmmmmmmm...how can we know how this works if u sistaz are too chicken to enter?? lol

it looks gud mashallah..
ill comment bout it later inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Halima
12-11-2005, 11:31 PM

Alhamdulilah it is ok, just as long as no sister is talking to a brother. It appears as if the majority of the brother's are using the chat system and so I think whenever the sisters would go in they would think that they are in the brother's section therefore they shut down immediately. When something like that occurs we come up with tonz of questions like are there any brothers that can acess? This that this that.

- Qatada -
12-11-2005, 11:40 PM

you can find out what room your in by clicking on that drop down box, and selecting 'sisters room.' insha Allaah.

even if by accident - you do enter the brothers room, it wont affect us because you wont be able to see our conversations, and vice versa (we wont be able to see what the sisters type if we enter their room by mistake too. insha Allaah.)

just make sure you dont chat in the main lobby, just a reminder. jazak Allaah khayr.

*charisma*
12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

its really cool!
jazakum Allah khair
now were just awaiting some sisters ahem ahem

fia man Allah
w'salaam

Muslimah81
12-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Salaams

Brother Akhee

I am most grateful for your help.........I have managed to access the sisters chatroom sucessfully. So far good Alhumdullilah.

JazakhAllah to all those who spent their time and efforts setting this up.

wasalaam
:coolsis:

S_87
12-12-2005, 10:55 AM
its good when someones there

can the convos be read after? :-\

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 10:58 AM
salam
where is the link for the chatroom?
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM

its confusin cuz I forget who im talking to. Its a little terror having the chatroom in mid november wen ppl are TRYING to revise for their exams.:playing:
Otherwise, its good. Keep up the good work...moderators.:)

Allah ma3akum

Khaldun
12-12-2005, 11:09 AM

The admins will receive a transcript in order to ensure nothing inappropraite is happening.

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
salam
the chatroom does not work as my college network has disabled java
can i have access to the chatroom without java?
wasalam

mehnaz
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Assalamoalaikum...

Koooollll....i love the idea...!!

w'salaam

Brother_Mujahid
12-12-2005, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
the chatroom does not work as my college network has disabled java
can i have access to the chatroom without java?
wasalam
its disabled for a reason :coolious:

Khaldun
12-12-2005, 11:19 AM

I believe you must have java installed to run the chat room im afraid.

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 11:32 AM
salam
isn't there a lower type or standard of quality for the chatroom that doesn't require java?
wasalam

kadafi
12-12-2005, 11:34 AM

No there is not akhee

Sanobar
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM
salam!
i like it....but there is just one problem...y are the borthers allowed in the sisters room???:confused:
ma'salama

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
ask the other way round too :-\

Yeah, I kinda accidently went into the brothers. I was out in a flash though...so no worries!

I think we need locks!:playing:

oh...and I must say,...those sounds are amazig....especially the whip,slap,choochoo and.....errr....the evil laugh.:)

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
12-12-2005, 11:45 AM
salam
ok jazakallah bro kadafi
i wish i could have access to the chatroom:-\
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i wish i could have access to the chatroom:-\
wasalam
No u dont brother:

1) its annoying bcuz if no one is online...i end up chatting to myself.
2)its VERY VERY distracting.:-\ :-\ :-\

Allah ma3ak

Sanobar
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
salam

well yeah bro zak!!!!:):):)and i agree with sis Ameeratul layl!locks needed!!!!:lol:
ma'salamah

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 11:52 AM
May I ask *bcuz now she has her thinking hijab on*: why it is that we have a chatroom? We have pm and we have threads to reply to.....so....wats the point?

Allah ma3akum

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
gud point !
so v remove the sister's room ? :?

v need the bro's room though[for some reasons] :p

Remove the whole thing for all I care.:)

*sigh*

Revision...chatroom...revision...chatroom....its NOT fair! *weeps*

Allah ma3akum

S_87
12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
really? no dont remove the sisters room please!

Ameeratul Layl
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
really? no dont remove the sisters room please!

Remove it!remove it!remove it!:playing:
I think all the chatroom should be demolished (wahoo, i can spell). Itll make the revising peoples (i.e:myself) lives much more easier....less tempting!!:-\

Allah ma3akum

asmauk
12-12-2005, 04:12 PM

No way...pls dont remove it! Some of us will be on xmas holidays/vacation next week and it'll be nice to chat to sisters.

Also,

1) As far as I am aware, Brothers/Sisters who enter the wrong gender room accidentally cannot see the posts in that room. So there is no problem of privacy inshaAllah.

2) Its nice to have a halaal alternative of sharing experiences with other muslims, especially for the more vulnerable bros and sisters who are trying to get away from the western style chat rooms.

3) It definitely would not be justified to remove the sister's room whilst keeping the brothers room going.....so don't even try it!

Z
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Salaam.

I can't even log in. Help!

- Qatada -
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM

what comes up when you try to login bro?

*charisma*
12-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Akh sis ameertul layl...
inshallah after revising u will be able to join us sisters in a very intellectual chat *intellectual, yea right* hehe

nah dont remove it, mashallah all of us sisters got to know one another, and it was really cool..We will just lock it on sis ameertul layl till she finishes revising hehe how bout that???

OH yea and we were discussing this, but you know how u sign in and some freaky lady says "welcome" *yea her voice is creepy* it would be cool if u can get an Assalamu Alaikum in there.. just one of *charisma's* crazy suggestions :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Z
12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Salaam.

The stupid thing keeps telling me I forgot my password.

*charisma*
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Salaam.

The stupid thing keeps telling me I forgot my password.
lol, how come u have to enter in ur passy? i didnt..
maybe u should try to have ur password emailed to u or something, or try changing it inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Arwa
12-12-2005, 06:49 PM

I love it!

5/5!

karim
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM

i really liked the chat room

Ansar Al-'Adl
12-13-2005, 12:32 AM
A point to remember with regard to the chat room:
When a member enters the chatroom, they will first appear in the main room. From there they select the specific room they go to next (either brothers room or sisters room). When they enter the specific room, they can't see any of the conversation that went on before they came in. Their message box will be blank. Consequently, if a brother or sister accidently wanders into the wrong room, they still won't be able to see what was being discussed and they will immediately be told to exit the room. So there is no need to worry about privacy issues.

Rabi'ya
12-13-2005, 09:16 PM
MashAllah a good addition to the forum

Rabi'ya:rose:

Umm Yoosuf
12-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Masha ALLAH very cool place. Nice place to get to know all the sister's Alhamdulilaah.

Jazakallahu Khayr :)

sapphire
12-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Mashallah!!!!i think its running well!!!although no sisters come!!!!!and sometimes things go wrong....but im sure they will be fixed in due time inshallah!!!!!!!

A7med
12-31-2005, 12:42 PM
[BANANA]Its cool masha'allah

But the sever keeps talkin ang giving me warings *cough*cough*wAk*cough*

lol [/BANANA]

anyway it COOL :coolious:

Takumi
01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
chatroom is the best feature here.

finally a discussion and chilling without nonsensical emotional diarrhea! cool brothers and down to earth mods, what else can i say?

5 star!

[disclaimer: this post refers to the BROTHERS chat room. "Cool brothers" is intended personally. "Down to Earth" mods also refer to mods personally]

Ghazi
04-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Salaam

Can't really comment, hardly use the rooms anyway.

Nawal89
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
It's been like that for quite a while already.:(

Umm Yoosuf
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
For the sisters ever since sister Noor went it's been dead :'(..i don't know about the brothers :p

Halima
04-05-2006, 12:46 PM

What I don't understand is that we have this great feature enabled in this forum, all of which many other forums don't even have but yet we don't use it and when we see that the other forums don't have this we wonder why and start bringing it up here.

I am not pointing any fingers directly to anybody but come to think of it, when we first seen it and it was first enabled to the brothers, all of us were wondering why it is not enabled to the sisters and when we finally got the opportunity but you rarely see any sisters going on it.

I don't know, maybe it just me, I may be imagining things, or maybe all of you have other lives that you are commited to that you have the least interest in this chatroom which is fine but why would you ask for it in the first place? I don't know Allah hu Al'm.

Sahfiya
04-05-2006, 04:28 PM
ive joined ages ago, but decided to visit today, so suprised how islamic this forum is, mashallah keep it up. so proud.

- Qatada -
04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
:salamext:

I think its because most of the new members want to visit it, but because they don't have 50posts - they think it doesn't work (because theres no warning to show that you need 50posts for the feature to work.)

So allowing the new users to use it would boost the brothers getting to know each other/sisters getting to know each other insha'Allaah.

Also, i think that it would be better if the people prepared a time when more people will be likely to come on (they could discuss this in their respected rooms i.e. brothers section/sisters section.) Then when most people come on, they can all chat together insha'Allaah.

If the sisters really want to talk; atleast one sister should come on the chat and wait, if another sister comes on - they can chat, and they can gradually build up on from there insha'Allaah.

This is exactly what the brothers do, and we end up with about 6people chatting altogther sometimes, alhamdulillah. I think the sisters should take this advice and they'll get to know each other better insha'Allaah.

Thats just an opinion anyway.. Allaahu a'lam.

:wasalamex

sapphire
04-05-2006, 06:48 PM
sisters hit the chat room ;)

Umm Yoosuf
04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
^^^^

hehehe

Thanks for the tips bro Fi_Sabilillah although we kinda knew that! Sister's just perfer the sister's section i guess :p

sapphire
04-05-2006, 06:59 PM
woohoooo i got six sisters in

and bro brown clown seems to be waiting for bros, he seems lonely in the bros room :lol: (hint hint)

The Ruler
04-05-2006, 08:28 PM
no 1 der now....:'(....it works for mr now altho it didnt b4....it always used to go der is a error in connecting but now its fine...:?

afriend
04-10-2006, 11:48 AM

I was told of an upgrade to the chatrooms in Feb.

Hmm.....

Goku
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
No one is ever in the chatrooms >:-(

IbnAbdulHakim
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
its MSN, lol every1 in this forum jus takes the MSN addy of the bro/sis they wanna chat to and thats that :p

Sis786
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah Chatroom is always dead

MetSudaisTwice
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
salam
most people who access the LI are from school or college maybe, and they normally restrict Chatrooms
wasalam

------
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
its MSN, lol every1 in this forum jus takes the MSN addy of the bro/sis they wanna chat to and thats that :p
Init tho repest akhee :D

A(SMILE ITS ME)
05-08-2006, 10:55 AM
salaam,
seem to find chat rooms empty?

Sabi
06-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Bismillah Alrahman Alrahim
Alhamdulilahi wa eaudhu bilahi min shaytan Alrajeem.

Far7an told me to post here to ask for discussion on the development of the Chatroom Policy to avoid Biddah and to be based upon the Quran and Ahadith and the islamic sciences.

Basically my concern was this. A chat board is nothing more nor less than a real-time message board. The only difference between the "Chat-rooms" and the message boards is that the post and refresh rate is virtually instant.

We all know that the discussion forums have become a great place for us to share knowledge. Sometimes Brothers have increased the knowledge of the sisters other times sisters have contributed to the increas of knowledge among the brothers. There can be no doubt that these message boards have great benefit for one of the fundamental principles in islamic science which is to seek knowledge (even if it be in China).

Of course there are also message board threads which have led to heated discussions. It is an advantage in non-instantaneaous message posting that each poster has time to reflect upon what the others are trying to say and not react too quickly or rashly/emmotionally to the content, but appraise intelligently what the other's are trying to say. In an instantaneous message board the temptation is increased to respond quickly without proper consideration on what the others are saying. Of course this rash emmotional response increases the possibility of causing division among those in dialogue, but it is because time is sped up that leads to this and nothing else (i.e. less time to think).

However, Allah (SWT) has allowed the technology in the world to evolve to the level that it has now not for any vain reason. It is certain that all things that happen are preordained, and there is an evolution of the Human condition, from one level of civilization to the next. These advances in Evolution are due to change in environment, and the ability of humans to keep up with these changes.

There can be no doubt that sometimes the swift exchange of ideas has been invaluable to education and progress, so we can not turn our backs on technology which assists the swift exchange of ideas. Smoke signals gave way to letters which gabve way to emails which have given way to message borards which may very well now give way to Instant Messaging or "Chat" as it is popularly called. We must not allow ourselves to be averse to Instant Messaging because it is called by the majority of English Speakers "Chat" and we know that Idle Chat is not encouraged. The bulk of all letters in the world are also idel or vain in purposue but this does not mean that exchanging letters serves no value.

Obviously with greater technology comes greater resaponsibility to adhere to the Islamic etiquettes that have been passed down. Patience and reticence are two such great virtues. Muslims should try not to speak unless there is something of value to be said, and a muslim should always be clean in speech etc.. But now let me come to the crux of the matter which is disturbing to some. We know that Gender segregation is an important aspect of islamic society. At the same time we know from the Sunnah and Ahadith that interaction between the sexes for business and education also has certain conditions. But for too long laziness has prevented us from looking into those conditions and devising policies that allow for healthy interaction without leading to Fitnah. One such method is writing. Literacy among women in Islam has been greater than men in many lands because they would pass notes and letters from behind doors and veils to communicate. This evolved into the posting of messages on the Message boards like the one I am writing on now. We have to face the reality that the next step is Instant Messaging.

I propose that it is Hypocrisy to suddenly draw a line and say NO to women passing instant messages to men and vice-versa when there is no basis for this either in the Quran nor the Hadith (I am certain, but if I am wrong of course I will humbly surrender my position).

If we seek segregation in the Instant Messaging Discussion Forums, then we will have to do so on all message boards. If we do this then it would be Hypocrisy to allow men to write letters to women, and then we bring into question the legitimacy not only of hundrends of years of Islamic practice but also the Sunnah itself. Clearly the stance in pure razor-sharp logical reasoning is that there can be no line drawn.

However, and this is most important, even though there is no basis to forbid instant messaging betwwn men and women in ISlam, there has always been the requirements of islamic etiquettes with regards to clean speech, avoiding idle chitter chatter and slander etc. But this has been my main problem with Islamic Message Boards for a long time. All too often topics are censored which should not be, while a style of tlak is permitted which is absolutely against islamic culture. The Era of Halal Instant Messageing between Men ans Women is upon us, and can not be avoided. It is happening and will continue to happen. Unless Islamic moderators step up to face the issue and support it along in its infancy, then we will be faced with further decay of Islamic values. Men will disguise themselves with Female User Names and Women Will disguise themselves with Male Usernames in order to gain access into the opposite gender rooms. Idle talk will continue in the gender rooms. Muslim men and women will simply choose non-islamic websites to chat to each other through. And there will be no concern for language content which is what we should be concerned about.

We need to address the issue with Instant Messaging Rooms set up with moderators standing by to suggest to those in dialogue when the discussion topic might be stepping into idle chitter-chatter.

The web-design of the chatrooms has allowed for the Main room to be established. It is no task at all to have created two gender specific rooms in the first place, but this is not the way it was created. The lobby exists and should still exist, for instant messaging on a variety of Topics. As long as the topics are islamic there should be no problem with instant messaging between Brothers and Sisters.

I hope I have made myself clear, and look forward to discussion on this topic.

Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa Barakhatahu.

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I went in the chat room today n saw that the brothers and sisters were chatting together. astagfirullah. Im not going to mention any names but those ppl know who they are. They were chatting in the main room. Free mixing is not permissible by any means, u wudnt chat to eachother on the street etc so please refrain from doing so in the chat rooms.

Asalamulaikum

Sabi
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Free-Mixing?!?!?!?

Daffodil,

Considering the content of your post, what in Allah's name do you think you are doing posting a message on this board? Being a Hypocrite? Ok, then I understand. Those sentences are not intended to cause offense, but intended to encourage you to think about prcisely what you are doing. There is no difference at all whatsoever between posting a message on a message board like this one, and posting a message on an instant message board. I have commited no sin Daffodil so why should you "protect" me by neglecting to mention that I was one of those people discussing Jobs in the instant messaging room yesterday? That question is rhetorical (that means I am not really interested in your answer) since your level of understanding in the Din is clear to me already.

Now, can I invite more constructive feedback on the subject from more critically thinking forum users now please?

P.S. this following comment is only for Daffodil and is not inviting any comment from anyone unless it is a mediatory and unbiased arbitration by a faithful and true independent third party. In which case this section should be removed to a mediation area for settling disputes between Forum Users). You were very quick to judge (passing judgement is Allah SWT's domain not ours) and slander us to Labibah who then entered and said "Fear Allah" as if none of us do! I am a Sabi (one who trembles before God), by God we fear Allah (SWT) but we do not fear puffed-up tinpot emperors or any human with man-given authority, neither do we suck up to earthly authorities (your reputation of 399 and power of 2 means nothing -I would rather be despised by mankind and loved by Allah SWT), and the reason there are so few Sabi'un in the world today is because we fear only Allah (SWT) and stand up to such people and their innovations (in this case forbidding open and public written messages between men and women that Allah (SWT) has permitted through the Sunnah of The Prophet SAW copied by the Salaf and detailed in in the Hadith) even if it means facing our deaths. This is our Jihad, and you will not silence us even through our deaths no matter how godless and barbaric you (this is a generic usage not accusative) make them.

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Asalamulaikum

firstly let me just get this out of my system LOLLL OH MY LIFE, OH MY GOLLY GOSHHH, GOOD LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!

what the blueee hail are u on mate????

Firstly, freely chatting in a chat room is not the same as posting relavant bits of information on a public forum where ppl can see what others have wrote n there is no privacy or secrecy.

If u want to see fatwas against chat rooms feel free to ask n I will show u.

(your reputation of 399 and power of 2 means nothing -I would rather be despised by mankind and loved by Allah SWT),
Seriously u shud consider doing stand up, what on earthhh has reputation got anything to do with anything?? lol, i never created this site so i cant get rid of the reputation facillity n neither have i ever askd ppl to giv me reputation. seriously i think u must have been sleep deprived or something of that nature wen u wrote that post.

I pray to Allah swt to guide u n forgive u n teach u some adhab. ameen.

Asalamulaikum.

------
06-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Erm....Salam.

Not been in the chatrooms l8ly as nt many ppl r in ther...

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
I went in the chat room today n saw that the brothers and sisters were chatting together. astagfirullah. Im not going to mention any names but those ppl know who they are. They were chatting in the main room.
Are you sure about this? We have seperate chat rooms for brothers and sisters. If you see something like this you should notify a mod or admin immediately.

------
06-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I think she meant in the main room as both brothers and sisters can go in there...

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

Are you sure about this? We have seperate chat rooms for brothers and sisters. If you see something like this you should notify a mod or admin immediately.

Yep im defo sure I even confirmed it with labibah, n even asked them "are u all sisters" n they were like no "im a brother, shes a sister etc etc" n i kwikly left cuz i was so scared n shocked n upset. Will let the mods know next time inshallah but hopefully there wnt be a next time.

Asalamulaikum

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 01:06 PM
yep they were in the main room.

syilla
06-27-2006, 01:38 PM
but i thought is okay if in the main room...cause everyone can see it. *sigh...

but i never been in one...cause i think threads are more interestings...they have topics

- Qatada -
06-27-2006, 01:41 PM

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) categorically prohibited privacy between a man and a non related woman. He (peace be upon him) said,

"When a woman and non mahram man are alone, Satan is the third." (Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi as being sahih)

That's why brothers and sisters aren't allowed to chat privately insha'Allaah.

syilla
06-27-2006, 01:49 PM
what about the main room...
that's of course not private...

- Qatada -
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM

If no-one is there, except just one brother or sister - then they are in private and no-one except Allaah azawajal can see them. So shaytan might be the third there.

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Syilla, do u chat to strange men on the street?

syilla
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
nah...hehe...what for? unless i'm loss hehe.

why are you asking? i'm just thinking....if main chat room can be entered by anyone why is it consider private. But again...maybe i'm wrong cause i never been in the chat room...so i don't really know how it looks like.

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Question :

I am a sister, who usually logs in to Paltalk and then goes to the Islamic rooms so that I may gain some knowledge related to our religion. Sometimes while I am in one of those Islamic rooms in Paltalk,a muslim brother(looking for a wife) in the room asks me to have a private written chat with him so that we get to know one another. Some of the questions he asks me are: where i live, my age, whether i am married(by the way I am not married), if I am planning to get marry, whether I live with my parents, and so on. My problem is, I don't know whether I am allowed(Islamicly) to give non-muharim brother those kinds of informations which related to me.
Is it really SIN to talk to a brother in writing ??.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with a Muslim woman making use of the internet and entering the Paltalk website for that purpose, so long as that does not lead to anything that is forbidden in Islam, such as talking privately with men. That is because talking to men may turn into chat which usually leads temptation. Hence it is essential to be strict and avoid that, seeking the pleasure of Allaah and fearing His punishment.

How often have these conversations lead to bad results, and even caused people to fall in love, and have led some to do things that are even more serious than that. The Shaytaan makes each of them imagine attractive qualities in other, which leads them to develop an attachment that detrimental to their spiritual welfare and worldly affairs.

Sharee’ah blocks all the ways that may lead to fitnah (temptation, trial), hence it forbids softness of speech and does not allow a man to be alone with a non-mahram woman. Undoubtedly these private chats are not regarded as khulwah in the sense that he people involved cannot see one another, but they are one of the greatest causes of fitnah as is well known.

What has happened to you is the best testimonial to the truth of what we are saying, because it is difficult for a man to ask these personal questions of a believing woman, unless he uses these means that are being used in a bad way.

Fear Allaah, and do not speak to non-mahram men. This is safer for your religious commitment and purer for your heart. You should note that marriage to a righteous man is a blessing from Allaah, and a blessing cannot be acquired by means of sin.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) was asked: What is the ruling on correspondence between young men and women, if this correspondence is free from immorality and love?

He replied:

It is not permissible for any man to correspond with a woman who is not his mahram, because of the fitnah (temptation) involved in that. A person may think that there is no fitnah, but the Shaytaan will keep trying until he tempts him. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded those who heard of the Dajjaal to keep away from him, and said that a man may approach him as a believer, but the Dajjaal will keep trying until he leads him astray.

Correspondence between young men and women involves a great deal of fitnah and danger, so we must avoid it, even though the questioner says that this correspondence is free from immorality and love.

From Fataawa al-Mar’ah, compiled by Muhammad al-Musnad, p. 96.

Undoubtedly correspondence via chat rooms is more dangerous than correspondence by mail, but both are bad.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Daffodil
06-27-2006, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
nah...hehe...what for? unless i'm loss hehe.

why are you asking? i'm just thinking....if main chat room can be entered by anyone why is it consider private. But again...maybe i'm wrong cause i never been in the chat room...so i don't really know how it looks like.
The fact is non mehram women and men shudnt speak to eachother unless its necasery. mixed chat rooms where ppl talk freely to eachother can lead to fitnah.

Just like we wudnt talk with strange men/women on the street we shudnt chat with them in a chat room either.

Sabi
06-27-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
We have seperate chat rooms for brothers and sisters. If you see something like this you should notify a mod or admin immediately.
It is absolutely certain that The Instant Messaging Board was not designed with the intention you have indicated above.

If you intend to have segregation in instant messaging, what is your basis for allowing mixing on non-instant messaging like this curent thread?

Consistency people.

Mustafa Allah

Sabi
06-27-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) categorically prohibited privacy between a man and a non related woman. He (peace be upon him) said,

"When a woman and non mahram man are alone, Satan is the third." (Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi as being sahih)

That's why brothers and sisters aren't allowed to chat privately insha'Allaah.

I absolutely Agree with you. So public Instant Messaging Boards like the one created by the designers of this site (and every non-instant board like this one for example) is the best sort of place to pass messages rather than even private messages (which this site has also been designed to facilitate).

Sabi
06-27-2006, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
if main chat room can be entered by anyone why is it consider private.
As the moderator Fi_Sabilillah has stated, it is not considered private. And yesterday there were many more than just two people there. So Daffodil acted overzealously, puritanically, and accusationally alone without witnesses (hence also un-islamically) yesterday (I can not criticize Sister Labibah really because I have no idea what Daffodil said to her, and I presume that it must have been slanderous otherwise I doubt the moderator would have acted in that way).

Sabi
06-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Had a very nice discussion in the Main Room on the Instant Messaging Board ("Chat") this afternoon with Fi_Sabilillah and Muhammad about Instant Messaging Policy.

I understand now that the main problem is overloading the server and having a moderator present (censorship was also briefly discussed but we agreed that "Big Brothering" should take second place to giving muslims a chance to proove that they can behave like muslims). However, it seemed that there was concensus that if a moderator was present and if there was more funding to improve the servers then discussing one topic a day in the Main Instant Messaging Forum would be a good start. It was also unanimous that the main rooms should not be for Idle Chat (phone-number swapping etc.), which should only be enjoyed in the Gender specific rooms.

Curaezipirid
07-27-2006, 01:45 PM
The need to make fifty before allowed to access all facilities is an excellent aspect, it prevents misunderstandings developing as to any new registration's motivation, and can help make it clear to prospective members when first registered that their membership is dependent upon only their own ability to place their eyes to the screen and fingers to the keyboard so as to produce text expression within Islam

Fishman
07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
I give them 1/5, since I can't see them. My browser just displays a big empty box with a little red x in the corner.

- Qatada -
07-27-2006, 05:09 PM

Download Java for Free:

http://www.java.com/getjava/index.jsp

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 04:14 AM
umm ok a thread about a chatroom this long when there is never really anyone in them, lucky if theres 2 members at times and noone ever talks!!!!!!!

limitless
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM

There was a chat room :uuh: . Now I have to see it!

:W:

Hisbul_Aziz
12-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Since the chat has some technical problems inshallah i think we need to tell the other members about this to avoid free mixing inshallah

Helena
12-28-2006, 08:51 PM

jazaks for the info/notice....had a lil prob before.....:-[ ....

nows its clear...alhamdulilah....

BlissfullyJaded
12-28-2006, 09:50 PM

If you see there are members chatting, go to "Who's Chatting" and if there are members of the opposite gender, then do not enter.

glo
12-28-2006, 09:53 PM
But if you follow the 'Who's chatting' link, it is not clear which gender people are ... unless you know the names, that is. :?

- Qatada -
12-28-2006, 09:55 PM

You can click on their names and it will show their profile, which includes gender.

It's only temporary and once bro kadafi comes back - insha'Allaah it will be fixed and the gender rooms will be back.

glo
12-28-2006, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

You can click on their names and it will show their profile, which includes gender.
Actually, I can't, Fi_Sabilillah.

At the moment three names appear: your own, DangerousMinds and seeker-of-ilm. But the names are just in black, with no links to the profiles.

- Qatada -
12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Oh okay, i think its a temporary problem and it will soon be sorted out inshaa'Allaah.

For the time being we'll just have to wait. Sorry, thankyou and jazak Allaah khayr for everyones patience. :)

Yanal
06-25-2007, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah81
Salaams

I followed the instructions of how to log into the chat room......but a blank page appears and there is a little box with a red X on the top left hand side of the 'chat' screen. The page is loaded because it says 'Done' at the bottom of the page. No writing appears on the screen so I cannot opt for the sisters chat room. I have dial up internet..........is this responsible for the problem?

Wassalam
Asalam alkum i want to get it too how do i get in the chatroom?

Woodrow
06-25-2007, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alkum i want to get it too how do i get in the chatroom?

The chatroom was deleted a long time ago. This is an old thread that goes back to when there was a chat room.

Thread Closed till the admins decide to bring back the Chatroom feature.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.