/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have You Realised?

Z
12-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Salaam. Peace and greetings everyone.

Have you also noticed, whenever in the papers/media a Muslim (in most cases Muslim women) get the headlines, they're called 'devout' Muslims? Ofcourse, we're not talking about those terrorists, or murderers or whatever, but normal everyday people.

Always in the article it says 'such and such is a devout Muslim' and so on. But when you look at what they got the headline for, it's for something which Islam doesn't really allow. Agaisnt the rules of Islam shall I say. I’m not saying this is the case all the time, but 90% of the time it is.

What do you think? Why do they do this?

Or am I just going a bit nuts here?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
yes, thats true.
altho i did notice this:
when a chtristian/jew are practising, theyre called 'devout'.
but if we follow Islam we're 'extreme'
odd one, that.

mehnaz
12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Salaam,

yea i agree......why they do it...??..hmm...that has a looonnnggg explanation to it i guess.....Wallahi the well planned moves the media makes is amazing...jus as an example...b4 the sept 11 attacks none of my frends had a prob with my abaya ....but after that....the most common comment i get it....u look like a terrorist...now its like muslim=terrorist....

oh well...maybe someone more matured and experienced can give a better answer to ur question....

W'salaam

Mujahideen
12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
aslamalykum
they have a huge misconception of islam. to them Islam is a weird religion which contradicts with their way of life. that it why i think it is so important for us as muslims to show them how islam is really like. listen to this for instance. this broder was asked why he is oppressing this sista who was wearing a hijab. they weren't even related. the women wouldn't even let the broder talk.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brotherhood
12-15-2005, 12:01 AM
:sl:

i agree

Noor
12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=Z;128578]
Have you also noticed, whenever in the papers/media a Muslim (in most cases Muslim women) get the headlines, they're called 'devout' Muslims? Ofcourse, we're not talking about those terrorists, or murderers or whatever, but normal everyday people.

Always in the article it says 'such and such is a devout Muslim' and so on. But when you look at what they got the headline for, it's for something which Islam doesn't really allow. Agaisnt the rules of Islam shall I say. I’m not saying this is the case all the time, but 90% of the time it is.
[QUOTE]

Personally I haven't come across any such incidents. It would be nice to see an article which proves your claim. With a document provided I can begin to understand why journalist use terms to describe Muslims in such a way. The context the term is being used plays a significant role in why the terms were used at all.

:w:

Muezzin
12-15-2005, 01:32 PM

The media is chock-full of idiots apart from people like Trevor McDonald, Moira Stewart, John Snow and Andrew Marr. Jeremy Paxman's no fool either.

But most of the journos who write these reports are dumbasses who know nothing about Islam and just say 'devout Muslim' in some sort of inane politically-correct effort to offset all the times they've said 'Islamic extremist' and offended Muslims.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!