/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Much of the Qur'an Do You Know?

Pages : 1 [2]

UmmHasan
06-02-2007, 03:28 AM
yes alhamdulillah i have
but all
please make dua for me
tht i keep the quran in my heart
keep it in my daily routines and to follow upon it
wasalam
-Hafsah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tresbien
06-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Are u lookingforwad to learning Quran.I have the solution for you.Please visit this site

www.alnas.tv

Na7lah
06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
:sl:

I memorized 15 juz's
Alhamdullilah i'm still memorizing

tresbien
06-05-2007, 10:28 AM
How To Memorize the Holy Quran
Methods of Memorization
The author calls attention to the fact that the Holy Qur'an is divided into several divisions which are:

1) the juz or part

2) divisions of the juz into smaller sections like the hizb

3) and the division of the ahzab into fourths.

The author advises the memorization of Qur'an along these divisions. To begin with memorize the smallest section and that is 1/4 of a hizb, then 2 fourths of a hizb (half a hizb), then 3/4 hizb, until a complete hizb is memorized. The entire Qur'an can be memorized in this manner, by the help of Allah.

As for the last juz, JUZ 'AMMA , he says that one fourth contains more than a surah, so in this case it is best to memorize one surah and then another, with the exception of the shorter surahs at the end of the juz , then he suggests memorizing two or three surahs at a time, depending on the person's ability so as not to lose a whole day memorizing a very small surah.

Before actual memorization, it is necessary to choose a proper time, place and mental attitude:-

1. The Preferred Times For Memorization of Quran:

There are many preferable times for memorization: the time of sahr (before salat Al Fajr by a period of time equal to the last fourth of the night) and this is a good and blessed time; and there is the time after Salat Al Fajr until the time of Duha; and there is the time that is between salat Al Dhur and Asr, if you do not want to sleep during this time; and there is the time that is before salat Al Maghrib by an hour and a half, approx.; and there is the time between Maghrib and Isha prayers; and an unlimited time possible to choose from is the time that you see yourself inclined to memorization of the Holy Qur'an and revision of it. In other words, analyze your typical day. If you see that there are certain regular periods where you are more peaceful than other times, or there is less demands upon you at a certain particular time, then choose this time for Qur'an. These are the most beneficial times as some of them are periods of peacefulness and contentment of the heart and restfulness, and some of these time periods are not usually considered busy periods of the day for work or activity.

2. The Preferred Places For Memorization of the Quran:

There is no doubt that the best place for memorization of Qur'an and other acts of worship are the houses of Allah (masjids) and after that places that are clean and far from filth (najaasaat--impurities that break the wudu and are unlawful to make salat in the midst of) and far from work (business) and disturbing sounds--that is, to sit in a clean and peaceful room that doesn't have distractions in it or areas that attract your attention or noises that disturb concentration, or any machines going (especially the T.V.). And if you cannot find such a room, then go to any other place on the condition that it is clean and as previously mentioned above.

3. The Best Mental Attitude (condition) For Memorization of Quran:

Your mental condition must be settled and calm. [Translator's comment: I don't know why I did not finish translating this section. Basically, your mind should be clear and at ease, not caught up in sorting out problems or thinking of what else you have to do. You should be ready to concentrate even if it is for only 15 minutes.]

Methods of Review
[Translator's comment: This was basically the same as methods of memorization from the very beginning. Take it section by section and if you have memorized a large portion of Qur'an or the entire Qur'an, you should review everything at LEAST once a month.

General Advice
This section is a gift from me to you -- advice related to the method of memorization of Qur'an and revision and what that entails.

1- Be free from the 2 hadaths (ceremonial impurities), major and minor when you memorize and revise Qur'an because of the greatness of what you are reading and reciting -- Allah's words -- and make a realization of what Allah said :

Hajj: 32 which translates: "And whosoever honors the Symbols of Allah, then it is truly from the piety of the heart."

2- Try to chose the most appropriate time and proper place to memorize and to revise.

3- Before memorization and revision you must seek refuge in Allah from the Shaitan by saying "A'oudhu billahi AlSamieul Aleem min Ash-Shaitan Ar-Rajeem".

4- Try to feel or sense the greatness of the words of Allah, and their meaning when memorizing and revising because this will cause good memorization.

5- It is good when reading a quarter or memorizing or revising it in a room or other place to read with a moderate voice, not with high volume or extremely low volume, because reading aloud increases the strength of your memorization; except if you are in a masjid, for example -- under that circumstance you must read in a subdued voice (where you can hear yourself) so as not to disturb others involved in worship or in his salat or reading Qur'an.

6- Try to improve your sound with Qur'an, carrying out the words of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him [reported by Muslim] "Embellish the Qur'an by your voices".

7- If you can memorize by yourself do so, and if not, agree with one of your companions (brother or sister in Islam) to memorize a particular juz so as to increase your activity.

8- YOU MUST MEMORIZE QUR'AN FOLLOWING THE RULES OF TAJWEED. [Translator's emphasis]

9- Try not to leave a quarter that you have memorized -- read it in salat as you memorize, and when revising.

10- If you complete the memorization of a new quarter or new surah, do not move on to another one until it is perfectly memorized.

I HOPE THIS LINK WILL HELP NEW CONVERT ,CHILDREN AND EVEN MUSLIMS TO LEARN FATIHA AND OTHER VERSES.

http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Quran&iw_a=view&id=173

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
06-05-2007, 10:34 AM
^ JazakAllaah Khayr...a very good post.

shine
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
assalam alykum
ameen to all duas. and alhamdhu lillahi there are so many hafiz's and hafiza's on this forum.
i have memorized only one juz.but i am trying to finish it soon insha allah.
please make dua for me as well.

shazme
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Assalamalikum,

Alhumdulillah im completing my second juz..........inshallah willdothe wholeQur'an one day.ameen AllahummaAmeen

Na7lah
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
i memorized 2 juzu's this Ramadan i have 3 more to go
Goal: to finish before end of this year iA

Ma'salamah

Umm Safiya
10-10-2007, 10:48 PM
:salamext:

Mâshâ Allâh, may Allâh ta'âla make us all of those who memorize the whole Qur'ân by heart, and act upon it, âmîn..

A good time to make hifdh is after fajr :thumbs_up

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 06:32 AM
i dont know by heart a great deal, (im sure exactly. i know most of the smaller surah that are towards the end. and i just memorize what surah i happen to love). but I dont think i've never had the desire to memorize the whole quran. out of the "medium" sized suras (i.e the one more in the middle of the quran), i've memorized two, al hamdulilah. I just dont feel that i have the commitement and the paitence. i had a goal to memorize a particular surah by the end of ramadan (alhamduliah, i made it!), and subhanallah, it made me realise that memoriation of the quran....you just have to give it your all. something, in my heart, i feel dosn't exsist.

A_muslimah
10-22-2007, 12:04 AM

I need to improve and memorise much much more :( I suppose it has alot to do with how determined you are and consistent :thumbs_up

ayesha309
10-22-2007, 02:21 AM
i thnk more important than memorzing is continuing to retain the amount you have learnt (i.e. not forget it!) furthermore, while memorizing one learns there are soo many similarities from one juzz to another, from one surah to another and the difficult part is to remember which one belongs where. i hope you understand what i mean. Anyways, Insha'Allah May Allah make it easy for all those who are trying to memorize the Qur'an. But just remember do NOT forget what you have learned. There are harsh punishments for forgetting the Qur'an but it is not a sin if you did not memorize the whole Qur'an. and Allah knows best
:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2007, 02:43 AM
i thnk more important than memorzing is continuing to retain the amount you have learnt (i.e. not forget it!) furthermore
well said sis ayesha. thats one problem i have trouble with.
i think also it is very important to practise what you memorize.

sevgi
10-22-2007, 04:42 AM

i havent memorised any juzz....

i know bits and pieces:)

i dnt know if bro iqram has replied yet...but im sure his reply was/will be impressive:)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2007, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
...10 Juz on....The battle continues.

:D Brothers and sisters please make du'a I finish by August insha'Allah. I'm trying sooo hard to be on track :(

yeah sis he has, but that was while ago.

Inquisitive
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
well, i am in the process of memorizing the Quran. I am in Juz Mulk, Surah Qiyamah. Insha Allah, I would love to memorize the whole Quran, but one thing i love more than this to understand the Quran in Arabic. So that when i am praying salat i know what I am reciting. Especially in Ramadan, when the Imam is reciting the Quran, I would love to cry with him when he is reciting a surah:cry:But I can't at this moment, one day Insha Allah.

Umm Hurairah
10-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Masha Allah 27 hafidh/hafidhas.

MustafaMc
10-23-2007, 11:00 PM
I could not reply to the poll because I know less that 1 juz. Allah, in His amazing Grace, has blessed me with the ability to learn 14 ayat of An-Naba' and surahs At-Takaathur, Al-Asr, Al-Maa'oon, Al-Kawthar, Al-Kaafiroon, An-Nasr, Al-Masad, Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq, An-Naas, and of course Al-Fatiha. That comes to 71 ayat to date. I learned Al-Maa'oon this past Ramaddan.

MustafaMc
10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

Mashallah thats cool :shade:
Are you a revert bro?
Yes, I reverted in 1982, but I have practiced Islam consistently only since June 2001. Allah (swt) has also blessed me with the ability to learn a little Arabic through the use of Arabic Playhouse and Al-Qari software. Masha'Allah.

ayesha309
10-24-2007, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Yes, I reverted in 1982, but I have practiced Islam consistently only since June 2001. Allah (swt) has also blessed me with the ability to learn a little Arabic through the use of Arabic Playhouse and Al-Qari software. Masha'Allah.
Wow Masha'Allah bro may Allah continue to bless and help you in learning as much as you want.

format_quote Originally Posted by Inquisitive
when the Imam is reciting the Quran, I would love to cry with him when he is reciting a surahBut I can't at this moment, one day Insha Allah.
me too :cry: i would love to cry wiht him as welll.........may Allah give us the ability to

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 11:02 AM
how much do you know, and when did you start. if you dont mind my asking.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
memorization of the quran needs commitment. something i definatley i dont have. the haafith i know start from suraat an-naas, and is working upwards. what do u think of that.
can i ask you one other thing. what do you do when you come across two ayahs that sound almost exactly the same? have you ever had trouble with that?

Abu Musab
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by j50yab

First finished the Quraan when I was eight.
I now try to complete it at least once during Ramadan.

Do you mean you first completed reading the qur'an when you were 8 or you completed memorising the qur'an at that age? :uuh:

Abu Musab
10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
well you don't have to complete, you could try and get vital surahs memorised like Yasin, Mulk etc. Then from that you can grow on it...

And some people do start from the back as it might be easier...But I think that if it's easier to go from the 30th, then move from both the 30th and the 1st. That way you can move through the easier areas quickly and move at a steady pace from the front.

When you come across the mutashaabihaat, it's vital to know what ayah comes before and after and to note the differences in the ayahs. Sometimes, it's easy to get mixed up but that's when Recitiational Reinforcements play a major role ... lol
I think the best is still doing the 30th juz first and then start from the 1st juz until the end, it's the best way actually, because people who do from the back upwards seem to have a harder time doing surah baqarah etc compared to those who started from the front and went forward.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
When you come across the mutashaabihaat, it's vital to know what ayah comes before and after and to note the differences in the ayahs. Sometimes, it's easy to get mixed up but that's when Recitiational Reinforcements play a major role ... lol
yeah, thats a good point. maybe looking up the meaning may also help.
yeah, i know about that all too well. i got so frustrated when reapeating and making the same mistakes. and up till now, it dosn't come off the tongue fluently, i have to sometimes stop and think about it.

InToTheRain
10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Subahan'Allah! 28 people in this forum who are Hafiz :shade: Mash'Allah

Man I am behind...:embarrass...:(

How many verses a day did you guys memmorise?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
well, i you are talking to me, then i ca tell you form now, im not a haafitha. i just select surahs from the quran that i love to listen to (from sh shuraims recitation :shade:), and memorize them. so far it has been two (in about 2 and a half years. m very slow). i think i'll take a rest for now. i feel so worn out. :phew (all you haafiths are laughing at me, aren't ya's?)

InToTheRain
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
well, i you are talking to me, then i ca tell you form now, im not a haafitha. i just select surahs from the quran that i love to listen to (from sh shuraims recitation :shade:), and memorize them. so far it has been two (in about 2 and a half years. m very slow). i think i'll take a rest for now. i feel so worn out. :phew (all you haafiths are laughing at me, aren't ya's?)
Your in the same boat as me I see and I have recently taken steps to change it Insha'Allah :)

I was addressing the questions to the Hafidhs to get a general Idea of how many I should memmorise per day and how long it might take for me to memmorise using that method. But it would be nice to know about the effort everyone else makes to learn the Qur'an, it's inspiring after all so shukr for sharing that info.

I have been trying to learn Arabic through softwares such as Rosetta stone and internet sources and thus delaying reading or memmorising the Qur'an. I am now trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by reading the word for word translation of the Qur'an which I recommend to all:

http://onlineislamicstore.com/b7894.html

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
7 pages a day :ooh:

Nawal89
10-25-2007, 01:25 PM
7 Pages a day is alottt...how long does that take?

When I was memorizing, i only did one page a day. Every day xcept for fridays I would do revision..one full juz'.

InToTheRain
10-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah bro too right.

lol bro start off slow insha'Allah :thumbs_up...I went from half a page a day to :X 7....:X

Go here bro:

http://hifzcampaign.blogspot.com/
7 PAGES!:eek: GWAAAN bruv you're a solja. Reeespeck

Jazak Allah for the link bro.

~Sam~
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I started last year and im doing tajweed so it will take a time. As i am not doing that course which Snowy is doing so it's mines not as hard, im getting somewhere atleast!

Yong_sista
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
upto the 2nd jizz but still progressing

Abu Musab
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah bro too right.

lol bro start off slow insha'Allah :thumbs_up...I went from half a page a day to :X 7....:X

Go here bro:

7 pages? :eek: nuff respeck

Ummu Sufyaan
10-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Yeah bro too right.

Go here bro:

7 pages. sheesh!!! just make sure you dont over exert yourself. in other words dont push yourself to do everything at once. trust me, you'll fall short. i hope i dont sound bossy. :-\:hiding:
do you listen to recitations as you go along. or do you just start off the juz without it being familiar.

sevgi
10-27-2007, 01:32 AM
nawwwwww

everyones proud of my 'little' bro...*tear of pride trickles down right cheek*...

mashallah bro...keeep onnnn goooiiiinnnn....

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 03:59 AM
That's the plan, it's the final push before retreating from the front lines to seek refuge from the internal bombardment of Examinations:-\ but fear not, once I complete insha'Allah I will be taking an extra year to fine tune everything, insha'Allah.

Easy on bros :D Sometimes I try not to do 7 pages everyday to keep in line with a revisional victory along side the advancing victories. So when I'm on the 1 juz/Week plan I switch to 4 pages/day.

This wouldn't be possible without these reinforcements. I'd probably still be on the 6th juz or something lol, I owe everything to Allah, my teachers and especially, Sheikh Shuraim who has taught me almost all of what I know. :cry: May Allah preserve them all. Oh oh, and my parents and family who make du'a for me all the time. So As you can see, I haven't achieved much myself.
wouldn't be better if you fine tune everything as you go along. this way you havn't memorized the wroing thing, which means the wrong thing hasn't 'stuck.' that way it will be harder to change. i hope that makes sense.

Sheikh Shuraim who has taught me almost all of what I know. :cry: May Allah preserve them all
ahhh.....sh shuraim, just being sh shuraim. wow!! he's got heaps of fans. he's just so genuine. you got to love it.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
i see.
if you dont mind my asking, are you memorizing with tajweed or only qiraa'at?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
do you find that without the rules of tajweed being explained to you, it came naturally anyways?

sevgi
10-28-2007, 11:32 AM
do you find that without the rules of tajweed being explained to you, it came naturally anyways?

my lil bro is also doing his khifz and one part of his lessons are taught with listening to recitations...so the tajweed is like second nature...if u asked him the tajweed rules, he probably wudnt know...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
groovy. wheres your lil bro up to (if it anit too personal).
i actually had no idea either, till the beginning of this year. alhamdulilah. and im still learning.

sevgi
10-28-2007, 11:37 AM
groovy. wheres your lil bro up to (if it anit too personal).
i actually had no idea either, till the beginning of this year. alhamdulilah. and im still learning.
nah n/w...

ummm..he started from scratch..so he started learning to read quran and everything...so he aint too far in...they made him finish all the simple surahs...now he's just finished Suratul Yaseen..

i think theyre gna move on to the hardcore stuff now.

they made him do hatiim over ten times...some cuz's listening and following tho...just so he gets used to the sound, the tajweed etc...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
nah n/w...

ummm..he started from scratch..so he started learning to read quran and everything...so he aint too far in...they made him finish all the simple surahs...now he's just finished Suratul Yaseen..

i think theyre gna move on to the hardcore stuff now.

they made him do hatiim over ten times...some cuz's listening and following tho...just so he gets used to the sound, the tajweed etc...
well done. whats hatim? do you mean khutum?

sevgi
10-28-2007, 11:43 AM
well done. whats hatim? do you mean khutum?
ummm....i dno...

like..finishing reading the whole Quran...

thats what we call it...:embarrass

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I've been taught these rules for so many years : it just didn't stick, but once I started using them and listenning to recitations, you tend to pick up some sort of pattern...
im the opposite. i didn't know the rules. and when i did know them, im was having doubts on how it's meant to be pronouced.
Yeah lol...I remember when I was on the first book, Alif Baa....Urm...*smack* TAA TAA!! Then started building on it.
subhanallah. that reminds me of when i was a kid. my older sister was helping me to memorize surat al-falaq. i would recite it to her perfectly from heart. then she would be like one more time. then i would do it again. then she was like just one more time. and i was like, okay then. it went on for a few times. i was thinking, can i go now, please!

sevgi
10-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Yeah lol...I remember when I was on the first book, Alif Baa....Urm...*smack* TAA TAA!! :'( Then started building on it...

And sis Maryam yeah I think she means khattam.

lol...*smack*..i just picture little iqram...at that little table..with that little "my first alif baa" book...lol.

khuttum:arabic style
khattam:where u from bro? was it paki? well, paki syle anyway...
hatim: Turkish syle...:shade:

everything same.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-28-2007, 12:00 PM
lol...*smack*..i just picture little iqram...at that little table..with that little "my first alif baa" book...lol.
lol...
....with that little chair, that if you were to look at it now, you'd be thinking, oh my dear lord!! how did i ever fit into that....
lol.....

sevgi
10-28-2007, 12:33 PM
NO!! :offended: That was the arabic way, just spelt differently...

We never had tables, we had to sit on plastic sheets lol. This was at the mosque where I used to live, about 8 years ago :ooh: Time's just flied. SubhanAllah just reminds us how short life is. :X
whoooopsss...

sorri.i cant remember who it was that was from paki...(besides half the forum)..and was crazily proud of it...soooo....sori. dnt be offended. ur as 'Arab' as it gets!!:D

and eight years ago, i was also doing intense Quraan clases.i wasnt smacked directly...but the Imaam or whatever he was(no offence...cant remember his title..im not degrading...i know it sounds bad) would tell my dad and he would smack me...:(

Abu Musab
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye

khuttum:arabic style
khattam:where u from bro? was it paki? well, paki syle anyway...
hatim: Turkish syle...:shade:

everything same.
Khatam is both arabic and urdu, hatam/hatim is turkish cos they don't have 'kha' in it methinks :confused: that's why khattab is hattab and so on.

sevgi
10-28-2007, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab
Khatam is both arabic and urdu, hatam/hatim is turkish cos they don't have 'kha' in it methinks :confused: that's why khattab is hattab and so on.
there aint no hatam in turkish...

well..there is...but it means "my mistake"

hata-mistake
the letter m connotes belonging...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-30-2007, 08:44 AM
lol

Yeah, I don't believe in teaching through violence. My teacher hasn't raised his hand upon a single student ever since I've been here. And alhamdulillah people in my class are still moving on, nicely :thumbs_up
i agree with you on not teaching through violence, but sometimes some kids do need a 'harsh' word to get back on track, if you know what i mean.

Umm Hurairah
10-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

My alimah used to have a stick near her but she never used it. :D When some of us started talking about random things she would take the stick and walk around with it to give us the idea that she was going to use it but she never used it for the 5 years I went to her. :D

sevgi
10-31-2007, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

My alimah used to have a stick near her but she never used it. :D When some of us started talking about random things she would take the stick and walk around with it to give us the idea that she was going to use it but she never used it for the 5 years I went to her. :D
if we dnt get back on topic, im affraid the mods are gna have to do just what ur alimah used to do!!!

:hmm::)

Danah
11-09-2007, 09:08 AM
well......I memorized about exactly one juzza, and many surahs form different chapters of Quran

Re.TiReD
11-10-2007, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>
Alhumdulillah
I have memorized the Qur'an.

May Allah and give us all the ability to preserve the Qur'an in our hearts
Ameen
Please Do Dua for me
SubhanALLAH! MASHA'ALLAH! at such a tender age! I wish my bro's were like you! May Allah guide and bless you. Ameen!

Ummu Sufyaan
11-11-2007, 07:31 AM
i think memorizng te quran at such a young age is a big step if one wants to study the shari3ah becuse you wll have to be taking notes and i image most of the notes would contain verses of the quran. it would be really hard to write/revise your notes if you dont know the verses necessary.

'Abd al-Baari
11-11-2007, 11:14 AM

@ bro Iqram..wow Mashallah 7 pages a day :thumbs_up...i could never have done that much in one day, plus you have you GCSE's this year..Mashallah!

@ sista JihadunNafs..Jazakallah Khair, sis, please remeber me in your duas :)

@ sista Maryam...lol i think that was my parents plan..but myself..i'm not so sure..Inshallah :D

Ummu Sufyaan
11-11-2007, 11:42 AM
yeah, i like your parents, i dont blame them.

------
11-13-2007, 01:13 PM

Don't worry bhai, Allaah swt has chosen you for the memorisation of His words! Inshaa Allaah He will also help you pass :D Where have u got upto with the Hafiz? How many Juzz done?

BintYousoff
11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I used to memorise till 8 juzz when i was in high school, but i forgot it now...*sigh* i know its sinful tho, my schedule is really tight now in university . But no matter what im gonna 'khatm el quran bi el sanad' . Inshallah gonna complete that by next year

Ummu Sufyaan
11-14-2007, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Insha'Allah, with his leave.

I've done upto Xth, but my revision is suffering atm :hiding: make du'a I can re-start quickly ... One week lost. :cry:
thats what i would be worried if i was doing hifith. the revising. and sometimes you forget what you memorized. its like one step forward, two steps backwards..grrr.

------
11-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Don't worry about it....take a break if it gets too much, chill, n most importantly...

BREATHE :D

al-muslimah
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Asalamu alaykum,
I know 17 juz and am now finish memorizing surah Yusuf.Such a sweet surah!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM

What is everyones strategy to remember the ends of verses? The parts that are all similar, "Wallahu Samiun Aleem", etc?

I tend to get confused with them at times.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah

What is everyones strategy to remember the ends of verses? The parts that are all similar, "Wallahu Samiun Aleem", etc?

I tend to get confused with them at times.
when you're stuck on to ayahs that are very similar, you memorize them together. ever tried memorizing ayah 23 and 33 of surat al-muminoon. :phew really hard.

Don't worry about it....take a break if it gets too much, chill, n most importantly...
make sure its a small break though, other wise you're gonna forgot and have to go back what you memorized. trust me, i should know. :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
when you're stuck on to ayahs that are very similar, you memorize them together. ever tried memorizing ayah 23 and 33 of surat al-muminoon. :phew really hard.

What if the ayahs are memorized properly, but you're only having confusion in the ends of the verses? Memorizing them together won't really help...as you already know them..but cant figure out where each one goes..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Same here! :X

What I tend to do is use recitations, and then put it into context with the next verse, that really helps.
How do you put into context with the next verse...when its like..not really connected to it? Or do you memorize it as if its part of the next verse?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-15-2007, 02:52 AM

What if the ayahs are memorized properly, but you're only having confusion in the ends of the verses? Memorizing them together won't really help...as you already know them..but cant figure out where each one goes..
i suggest then to memorize a few words of the next verse, along with the meanings. that way, inshallah, you will be able to differentiate between sounds, and meanings. for example, if two ayahs end with similar wording, but are followed (or even preceeded) by different meanings, immediatley you should be able to pick out the differences as there is a change of pattern. does that make sense.

------
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM

Just thought to mention it....my little brother is 9, and he knows about 4 /5 of Surah Yaseen, and all of Juzz 30.....Mashaa Allaah :D

Inshaa Allaah we going to make him a Haafiz! :D

Umm Hurairah
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Just thought to mention it....my little brother is 9, and he knows about 4 /5 of Surah Yaseen, and all of Juzz 30.....Mashaa Allaah :D

Inshaa Allaah we going to make him a Haafiz! :D

Oh wow Subhan Allah! My lil bro (about the age of your bro) wants to become Imam-e-Kabah Insha Allah. The only time I'm not yelling at him is when he's asking me to make duaa for him lol.

Insha Allah let me know when your bro becomes a Hafidh. Aww Masha Allah lil people are so adowable.

Abu Musab
11-15-2007, 07:04 PM
How do you put into context with the next verse...when its like..not really connected to it? Or do you memorize it as if its part of the next verse?
Do you learn on your own? :hmm:

Esther462
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I hardly know anything in the Qur'an as I've just got a copy and I'm still very new to the faith. At the moment I'm trying to learn the 1st sura for my prayers. After that I will learn learn differnt versis that have an improtant meaning to me.

barney
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Just started my ninth full readthrough of the Quran.

------
11-15-2007, 07:31 PM
:w: :happy:

Masha'Allah! That's great...I started off with the 30th too :D He's just the right age, if you start him off for full scale hifdh in about 1-2 years he can go at a nice pace insha'Allah!
We're planning to make him an A'alim as well Inshaa Allaah... :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM

i suggest then to memorize a few words of the next verse, along with the meanings. that way, inshallah, you will be able to differentiate between sounds, and meanings. for example, if two ayahs end with similar wording, but are followed (or even preceeded) by different meanings, immediatley you should be able to pick out the differences as there is a change of pattern. does that make sense.
I'll try that Insha'Allaah..Jazakallah Khayr :)

No, I have a teacher Alhamdullilah.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 12:40 AM
why is it so impotant to have a teacher? i mean if you can pronounce the letters properly, all you really need is for someone to listen to you. right?
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah

Oh wow Subhan Allah! My lil bro (about the age of your bro) wants to become Imam-e-Kabah Insha Allah. The only time I'm not yelling at him is when he's asking me to make duaa for him lol.

Insha Allah let me know when your bro becomes a Hafidh. Aww Masha Allah lil people are so adowable.
hey sis. if he's gonna replace sh shuraim, hes gonna get a word from me. lol. kidding....

Insha'Allah, all the best. Don't stress him out or impose too much on him, make sure he actually wants to deep down from his heart.

true said. theres nothing more harder than to do something that your heart does not desire. i would just 'talk him into it' at this stage, and if he shows interest, than i would encourage him. :sunny:
I'll try that Insha'Allaah..Jazakallah Khayr
no problems.

------
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM

Yeh Alhamdulillah, my bro's got a deep interest in Islaam, and he can read urdu nasheeds proper good as well. He also does recitation of Qur'aan in big mehfils at mosque, Mashaa Allaah :D

Silver Pearl
11-16-2007, 09:35 AM

why is it so impotant to have a teacher? i mean if you can pronounce the letters properly, all you really need is for someone to listen to you. right?

:wasalamex

A teacher will know the tajweed rules and so they can correct you, some people find it hard to pronounce certain arabic letters and only a teacher or someone who knows it well can point it out. However, if you have studied the tajweed rules and it has become second nature you don't need a teacher. Remember having a teacher means you will get further than without one, trust me. Without a teacher I'll learn a page a week, with a teacher I'll learn 2 pages a night or nus hizb.

Iqram said something about connecting, that helps, if you know the storyline or what the content of a surah is and know few arabic terms, minimal as it may be it does help.

I hope all of you are granted memorisation of the Qur'an with sincerity.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Remember having a teacher means you will get further than without one, trust me. Without a teacher I'll learn a page a week, with a teacher I'll learn 2 pages a night or nus hizb.
lol...you telling me lady. i need a teacher, and im not even doing hifth.

BlackMamba
11-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I have memorized a total of 23 juz so far and inshallah i can finish soon. It just seems like the last ten juz are becoming harder to get into my brain. I was too happy when i crossed the halfway mark that i started to slack off. These last 7 I really have to push myself. pray for me inshallah. I memorize with a teacher, its not impossible to do hifz witout a teacher but the Dor/Manzil/Review becomes hard without a teacher.
And wow, i was surprised to see that about 1/5 of the people on this forum are huffaz and there are also many hafiza Thats really good alhamdulillah.

Abida
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
:cry: SubhanAllah I am shamed. I know onlya 22 las surrah.. But I am planing to learn more insAllah.. Im sad because thats not ocupation here in my town i didnt even hear somebodys interested.. May Allah give you all the best, Im glad that there is so much hafiz and people aho are learning Qur'an..

crayon
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Mashallah so many hufaz here!

------
12-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Alhamdulillah...

~Taalibah~
12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Masha'Allah there are still so much Haafiz!
Alhamdulillah my bro became Haafiz recently, i hope Insha'Allah it benefits us all. Ameen.
I personally only know abt 3/4 3mma paara, and Surah Tabaarak, Waakiah and other daily Surahs. I still hope to learn more Insha'Allah.

A_Way_Of_Life
12-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I know about 7 chapters, Praise be to Allah. I just have to learn how to pronounce some of them right. I intend to learn the whole Quran, Insha-Allah.

adeeb
12-24-2007, 09:39 AM
masha Allah brother and sister...

i've read all of the quran when i was kid. i can't remember.. now besides collage, i'm trying to memorise quran..

i'm memorizing juz 30, with surah tabarak and some of al baqarah... especially ayatul kursiy, masha Allah

umar113
12-27-2007, 05:46 AM
i know 5 1/2 juz of the qur'an.

i know juz:
1,2,(3=half)

pegasus
12-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Alhamdulillah, so many hufaz here. Hopefully I will follow also.
I finished my first quran around 8-9 years old. Alhamdulillah until now already qatam a few times included with my mother-language translation.

I just memorized almost all juz-30 and a few of Al Baqarah. Hopefully I will add to memorize some more.

Wassalam.

munssif
01-16-2008, 05:02 AM
Asslamal ALikum,
i have already memorized almost 5 Juz'us from 30th to 25.
im keen on to memorize all Quran though im soo bussy.
pls make Dua for me complete it.

Sami
01-24-2008, 02:16 PM
am hafiz alhamdulillah!

------
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM

^ Mashaa Allaah!! I don't know many hafiz that are 17 and live in the UK :D

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 02:55 AM
i only know a lil bit ...1 juz which is the easiest one ..juz amma..and i learned it..hmm..wait i never kept count.lol.sorry..i did a surah a day..wait why am i saying 'did' i am still learning a surah a day.lol....lol..

i am learning the quran thru my islamic ipod..verry good..

munssif
01-29-2008, 06:15 AM
BR,
mAY I KNOW WT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MEMORIZING QURAN AND MARRIAGE?

*Marwah
02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
i only no 4 nearly 5:hmm:....
Sallam

*Marwah
02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
i only no 4 nearly 5 juz:hmm:....
Sallam

arabianprincess
02-07-2008, 05:13 AM
i used to knoe 5 but i kinda forgot them i know im gettin sins as far for gettin em but i been busy with school and i know like thats not a excuse but inshallah i ll get back on it.. salamz

------
02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by munssif
BR,

Sorry??

AhlaamBella
02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by munssif
BR,
Do you mean where marriage is mentioned in the Qur'an?

aysenil
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
i finished reciting once Alhamdulillah. and later 3 more time but abt memorizing try to complete 30th juzz only :(

dream gurl
02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
is it true dat its nt wajib/ must for a girl to be hafiz of da quran..?
sigh imsad i only memorized 2 juz..btt i did finish widout memorization.

munssif
02-29-2008, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
Do you mean where marriage is mentioned in the Qur'an?
Sister, i am sorry. i think it was mistaken.

------
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dream gurl
is it true dat its nt wajib/ must for a girl to be hafiz of da quran..?
sigh imsad i only memorized 2 juz..btt i did finish widout memorization.

It's not Wajib for anyone sis, but one must try and memorise as much as they can :)

Pk_#2
06-19-2008, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

It's not Wajib for anyone sis, but one must try and memorise as much as they can :)
Wa'AlaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

^ Sis do you know the hadith where you will be asked to recite the Qur'an upto where you've memorised it and as you are reciting you will be moved up each stage until you've reached the highest jannah,

and how do you know that it isn't Waajib and what is Waajib,

And can you give me a site where there is the Arabic and transliteration but not the meaning it takes up printer space :-[

Please.

------
06-19-2008, 03:07 PM

What up with flippin at me?! :muddlehea

Yes I know that hadith.

Ima try and find a site inshaAllaah...

------
06-19-2008, 03:09 PM

Here u go

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_...literation.pdf

http://qurany.net/

Pk_#2
06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Wa' AlaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Don't I usually flip at you for no reason? Flip at me back, see if I care.. :thumbs_up

Could you post the hadith please?

And jazakiAllahu khair for both links, how do I make the font bigger on the second site or do I need to copy and paste into word?

JazakiAllahu khair for everything, you're a star!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

------
06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
Wa' AlaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Don't I usually flip at you for no reason? Flip at me back, see if I care.. :thumbs_up

Could you post the hadith please?

And jazakiAllahu khair for both links, how do I make the font bigger on the second site or do I need to copy and paste into word?

JazakiAllahu khair for everything, you're a star!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Hadith is in my sig, gotta dash x

*KB*
06-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Assalamualaykum

Well what can I say? Marsha'Allah to the Brothers and Sisters who have memorised parts or the whole Quran.Subhan'Allah, May Allah bless you and the Muslim Ummah.

Makes me proud to be a muslim, Praise be to Allah SWT.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

BlackMamba
06-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I just became Hafiz a few weeks ago, I need to review like crazy for the next year so I can keep the Quran memorized. And Ramadan is coming close so Im kinda scared cuz Im supossed to lead some of the taraweehs in the Masjid.

aminahjaan
06-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Mashallah Shakoor15!
So did you have a graduation for it?

Al-Hanbali
06-23-2008, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
I just became Hafiz a few weeks ago, I need to review like crazy for the next year so I can keep the Quran memorized. And Ramadan is coming close so Im kinda scared cuz Im supossed to lead some of the taraweehs in the Masjid.

Masha'Allaah akhi, good to hear.

Yh, make sure you review it; now you've finished begins the difficult stage; keeping the Qur'aan memorized. Its pivotal you dont start slacking.

May Allaah give us all the ability to memorize and most importantly, act upon the Qur'aan...Ameen!

------
07-07-2008, 08:56 AM

SubhaanAllaah we have 30 Hadifh/Hafidhaat on this forum.

Takbeer.

*KB*
07-13-2008, 05:42 PM

SubhaanAllaah we have 30 Hadifh/Hafidhaat on this forum.

Takbeer.
Assalamualaykum

Allahu Akbar!

Marsha'Allah Brother Shakoor Insha'Allah you will do well. Make dua for me and the Muslim Ummah Insha'Allah I will make dua for you. :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

rose17
07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Assalamualiekum
Mashallah!!! Brother Shakoor

ayan333
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM

Mash ALLAH to all those who've completed the Holy Qu'ran.i bet it feels great when you get to th last ayat of the last surah....i can only imagine...when ever i hear of or see a hadif it melts my heart..hopefully ill get to eperience this mind bowing feeling very soon Insh ALLAH....May ALLAh make this easy for us,and may we be those who the Qu'ran maks dua for and not curses.Insh ALLAH..Ameen.

asma2
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
i finshd da quran but i have foregten it all so it is like as if i dont know at all inahallah i wil continue learnin til i become hafiz

FatimaAsSideqah
08-16-2008, 07:15 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Anyone who are Hafidh of the Holy Quran now?

BlackMamba
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
There are plenty hafith on this forum according to the poll.

Faye
08-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Almost 1 in 5 of us is Hafith! Impressive.

BlackMamba
08-18-2008, 05:19 PM
One in five who take the poll. There are probably many who Are sad they don't know much Quran, so they don't take he poll. All the huffath are proud of there accomplshment, so take the poll. So it's probably less than 1/5 ofthe whole forum. But nevertheless, 33 huffaz is quite a lot.

Abu Ilyas
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I've got 3 Juzz left, please make Du'aa for me Insha'Allah.

ninetrey
09-15-2008, 10:48 PM
wasnt it 30 chapters and not 29?
ive just read the quran the first time but i wanna wait with the memoraizing until i understand arabic.

Kas1m
09-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Very hard to memorize it. One juz per day is a must i would say. I dont know 8th and 9th at all. Inshallah the next two months ill be going over them then on to the 10th juz and thats a straight terrain to 17 then ill probably have to work hard. It is stressful but I always enjoy reading it.

Danah
09-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Alhumdulilah I voted to last time to this thread as less than 5 juzz (it was around 2 juzz that time)......thats was the first time I came to LI..and now I have made a good progress I guess. its around 7 juzz Alhumdulila...........make duaa for me brothers and sisters that I will keep going in sha allah

format_quote Originally Posted by momoazza
wasnt it 30 chapters and not 29?
ive just read the quran the first time but i wanna wait with the memoraizing until i understand arabic.
You are right brother, the best thing to do is understand the verses very well, but you dont need to be perfect in Arabic....knowing how to pronounce Arabic verses quite well will help you in sha allah.........May allah ease the memorizing to you in sha allah

format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Very hard to memorize it. One juz per day is a must i would say. I dont know 8th and 9th at all. Inshallah the next two months ill be going over them then on to the 10th juz and thats a straight terrain to 17 then ill probably have to work hard. It is stressful but I always enjoy reading it.
May allah ease it to you in sha allah, if you have the desire you will find it very easy to memo...............Good luck brother

ninetrey
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
how do you guys hold it down do you memorize the arabic quran or the english quran?because for me it makes no sense to memorize the quran in the english version or the german or french version or what ever because those are just translations!!!those are not the real qurans the real quran is in arabic language and you cant really translate arabic in english you know?what do you think?

slm

Danah
09-16-2008, 01:14 PM
actually I dont know about the others but I memorize it in Arabic because I can read Arabic
in sha allah someone will answer your question brother

Al-Hanbali
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm sure everyone here memorizes the Qur'aan in Arabic...

Güven
09-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I Never heard of someone Memorizing the Translated Version :?

Re.TiReD
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by momoazza
makes no sense to memorize the quran in the english version because those are just translations!!!those are not the real qurans the real quran is in arabic language
You got it ^^

BlackMamba
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Who memorized the translation lol that's not even Quran

BlackMamba
09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
So hold on, did you memorize Quran once already and are now trying to review it?

Kas1m
09-18-2008, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
So hold on, did you memorize Quran once already and are now trying to review it?
Yeah i learned it when i was 13. 11 years ago but i need to revise it good

Najm
09-18-2008, 12:21 PM

Hadith is in my sig, gotta dash x

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

So whats that hadith, i want to know to please :?

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
09-18-2008, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
Wa'AlaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

^ Sis do you know the hadith where you will be asked to recite the Qur'an upto where you've memorised it and as you are reciting you will be moved up each stage until you've reached the highest jannah,

Please.

Sorry Addition to the last post!! (i dont know how to edit:-[)

JazakAllah Khair

FiAmaaniAllah

------
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM

Here u go bro:

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 8, Number 1459:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: One who was devoted to the Qur'an will be told to recite, ascend and recite carefully as he recited carefully when he was in the world, for he will reach his abode when he comes to the last verse he recites.

WomanOfJihad
09-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Mashalah those of u who have voted here i Envy u all ( in a good way) its a shame i m not amongst you. :-(

Id REALY love to do hifz BUT ( i know thats a shaytan's word) BUTTTTT i feel like i m not good at memorising n if i do memorise i fear i might forget it.

Doin hifz its a great responsibility. if u memorise than Subhanallah u r the lukiest person on earth n the Virtuessss thats all a bonus for you. BUTTT if you FORGET than theres a wa3eed for it. but its one of my dreams to do hifz inshallah but at the same time not SURE n scared of forgeting.

BlackMamba
09-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I think fear of forgetting should come AFTER someone has completed hifz. Not Before. lol

WomanOfJihad
09-19-2008, 12:13 AM
^^^ good point. but one way or the other life gets busier which means less n less tym for dohr. especially with Sisters :
Marriage- Husband-Kidz- Family- household n it carries on

BlackMamba
09-19-2008, 12:29 AM
^This is true. Everyone says that its hard for ladies to keep Quran memorized because of those reasons you mentioned.

WomanOfJihad
09-19-2008, 12:39 AM
^^ Brother i think ur meant to encourage n not discourage :cry:

but then again i m sure there r lots of sisters out there who have memorised the Holy quran n yet not forgotten it.

are there any sisters here who have done hifz? if yes, id love to read ur thoughts plz. JazaKallahu khairan

transition?
09-19-2008, 01:49 AM

When I was being taught to memorize Quran as a wee child , we only memorized the Arabic and not the meaning. I've forgotten so much of what I memorized because of that. I'm having a hard time remembering the meaning and the Arabic. I'm gonna retake Arabic lessons or reteach myself some Arabic vocab words so I when I'm reading Quran, I'll have a hint to what the ayat is saying, and hopefully remember the meaning.
sometimes it's so embarrassing because I was born a Muslim, and my Quran buddy is fluent in Arabic, and she reads beautifully. but I learned so little in Sunday school. In fact, MashAllah, it's amazing that I'm still practicing Islam and haven't become of those modernists Muslims that believe hijab isn't necessary or the Quran needs to be changed ASTAGFIRUALLAH! There's so much confusion out there. :X

BlackMamba
09-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Ru sure u forgot because you didn't know the meaning? Because I know some amazing huffaz that don't know Arabic and barely knew any of the meaning when they did hifz.

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Mashallah i know its hard for the ladies but my wifes small sister memorized the Quran and she reads Quran at the Taraweeh at someones house where all the woman come and read Taraweeh.
You dont have to learn the meaning to memorize the Quran. Reading in arabic alone gives you the good deeds and if you want to learn the meaning afterward then Bismillah.
And people should not fear about forgetting. Here the key factor is to read little maybe but read Everyday REGULARLY and i mean regularly because there is a hadith that goes like 'if you die whilst you were memorizing the Quran, an angel would come in your grave to teach you the rest of the Quran.' so i would advise to read everyday little.
The last thing is that Inshallah I will read Taraweeh next year. There is a problem with me. I stutter a lot well used too, now im okay but im always fearing. Panic plus nervous plus talking to a stranger usually makes me Stutter and ive had bad experiences with that.
So Inshallah next year. The thing is i dont have anyone to Dohr with except my masjid Imam so I sometimes read it alone but i think its way better if you have a teacher

WomanOfJihad
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Leading tarawih of 100's of pple is so scarry.
i always wondered when people lead tarawih do they have more concentration towards salah or is it more towards recitation coz each time u go into sajdah u gota rememmber which ayah u stopped at. n which ayah to start with.

Kas1m
09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
i always wondered when people lead tarawih do they have more concentration towards salah or is it more towards recitation coz each time u go into sajdah u gota rememmber which ayah u stopped at. n which ayah to start with.
Thats fairly easy to remember. Every ayah is printed on ya mind. You just select, double click it and play it lol

Najm
09-19-2008, 05:21 PM

Here u go bro:

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 8, Number 1459:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: One who was devoted to the Qur'an will be told to recite, ascend and recite carefully as he recited carefully when he was in the world, for he will reach his abode when he comes to the last verse he recites.

WOW!!! SubhanAllah!!! That is amazing!!! This is what i love to read:)

JazakAllah Khair

FiAmaaniAllah

------
09-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Wa Iyyaak bro, make dua for me inshaAllaah

Assalamau Alaikum

Edit: MashaaAllaah 34 Hafidh on this forum! Amazing...

MO783
11-03-2008, 12:42 PM

I no only a bit but Inshallah of what I no its 100% accurate, that is my target, Inshallah

Abu Musab
11-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Thats fairly easy to remember. Every ayah is printed on ya mind. You just select, double click it and play it lol
Are you a hafidh too? *eek3* why was i not informed of this? *torture*

Taraweeh is quite different from other salaah, personally i focus more on the qur'an, because i stipulate beforehand what i'm going to read in each rakaah, so by just following that i can know where to start from.

But of course there are the times when your mind goes blank and you can't remember where you stopped and must start from :|

^^^ good point. but one way or the other life gets busier which means less n less tym for dohr. especially with Sisters :
Marriage- Husband-Kidz- Family- household n it carries on
Even with all that you get many women who are able to keep up to date with their revision, the secret to that is a little something called "multi tasking" :|

Kas1m
11-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Are you a hafidh too? *eek3* why was i not informed of this? *torture*
Yeah alhamdulillah i am. But im not very punctual with it. I need to be.

Abu Musab
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah alhamdulillah i am. But im not very punctual with it. I need to be.
good good good *updates database info* seems like ummah going down had its benefits :up:

Kas1m
11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
good good good *updates database info* seems like ummah going down had its benefits :up:
Infact if you have noticed med called me as 'Hafiz jee' on ummah quite a few times

Abu Musab
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Infact if you have noticed med called me as 'Hafiz jee' on ummah quite a few times
Med calls everyone hafiz jee :|

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Alhamdulillah I know a few big Surahs, but I don't think it's enough to vote 1 Juzz on there. But InshaAllaah trying to get there slowly, slowly...

Muhaba
07-16-2009, 05:01 AM
I know almost three juz (1, 30, and most of Juz 29) and am now memorizing Juz 2 while revising Juz 29.

UmmHasan
07-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Alhamdulillah I have memorized about 8 juz. If one really focuses on the quran its really not that hard to memorize. But it is really easy to forget it if one doesnt revise it over and over again.

Detritavore
07-23-2009, 07:01 AM
I would love nothing more than to be able to check that final option. But alas! imsad

My pervious approaches to memorising the quran have been, erm, fruitless to say the least. As of late I've opted for a more systematic, logical regime. Learning the Arabic language and the science of Tajweed have thus become paramount in my quest to memorize the blessed Quran. That way, my recitation will be prefect (more or less) and, better still, I'll understand that which I have committed to heart. Boy, if only Arabic was my mother tongue, life would be a dream!

InshAllah, make dua for me, yes?

And I'll in turn keep you all in my prayers :statisfie

Rasema
08-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa baraktoh

Well, I know 13 suras :(

It's not much but I haven't been working on it. I like to listen to them, for example, surah Al-Hamazah and they comme naturally.

http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx

I learn them from this site.

Yea, it's sad that we spend days playing on the forum and throw the Qur'an behind out backs.

iamdaguy
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Detritavore
I would love nothing more than to be able to check that final option. But alas! imsad

My pervious approaches to memorising the quran have been, erm, fruitless to say the least. As of late I've opted for a more systematic, logical regime. Learning the Arabic language and the science of Tajweed have thus become paramount in my quest to memorize the blessed Quran. That way, my recitation will be prefect (more or less) and, better still, I'll understand that which I have committed to heart. Boy, if only Arabic was my mother tongue, life would be a dream!

InshAllah, make dua for me, yes?

And I'll in turn keep you all in my prayers :statisfie
Asalaamu Calaykum,

I have to say am more or less in the same situation. I am trying to learn Arabic although I have good basic like reading but writing. I can understand like 30% of what I read and the rest I understand from the English translated Quran Karim I have. Mansha allah, years ago I memorized like 3 Juz but now forgot so re-doing again. I am on Chapter 101 (Surah Qari'a) Insha allah I want to finish like 2-4 Surahs every day and recite what ever I finish my spare time. I want to fully memorize Quran Karim because walahay it is beautiful, makes my heart beat faster, makes me peaceful and forget all that's in this world. What is better than reading the words of your one Lord? Nothing. Subhanna Allah. imsad

Predator
12-15-2009, 11:29 PM
I only know 33 surahs

Esther462
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
I only know 33 surahs
Thats more than me. I only know 1 and that is in english but trying to learn it in arabic. Allah help me.

Predator
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
Thats more than me. I only know 1 and that is in english but trying to learn it in arabic. Allah help me.
Those 33 surahs are from the last part of the quran and most of them are very short surahs , except for 3-5 surahs.
I thing you can use transliteration to learn , i dont its that hard .which surah do you know ?

BlackMamba
12-18-2009, 03:08 AM

That's really good that you're making an effort to memorize Quran. But I just want to say one thing. There is no such thing as "english Quran," the Quran is in Arabic and any of the english translations are just translations-not Quran. Translations are made by humans while the Quran was made by Allah. So the only use of translations is to get the basic meaning of the Quran, not really to memorize. Keep making an effort to memorize in Arabic, listen to recordings www.quranicaudio.com

41:3 (Asad) a divine writ, the messages whereof have been clearly spelled out as a discourse in the Arabic tongue for people of [innate] knowl*edge,

Beardo
12-18-2009, 05:01 PM
You must be speaking about transliteration, right? :)

If there's nobody to teach you in your locality or they simply do not match your timings, I'd personally suggest you take one of those online Quran teaching programs, Sister. Actually, one of my friends recently started it and he loves it! They also have a trial program too, to my knowledge.

May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you.

:)

Esther462
12-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Thank you Rashad and Shakoon15 for your comments.

format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
Those 33 surahs are from the last part of the quran and most of them are very short surahs , except for 3-5 surahs.
I thing you can use transliteration to learn , i dont its that hard .which surah do you know ?
I only know the 1st surah but I keep going wrong in it so I'm still learning it.

Rabi'ya
12-20-2009, 12:12 AM

Alhamdulillah I learnt Arabic 3 years ago, wait no its four years now, but that was onl the real basics. Alhamdulillah since then Ive been taking tajweed lessons, on and off. and now I know 18 surahs alhamdulillah :) its such a great feeling mashALlah wen you complete a surah.

May Allah give us all guidance and allow us to memorise the Quraan. ameen

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 04:58 PM
:sl: im learning at the moment also. it takes two years to get the pronunciation accurate for others who know other languages it takes them less time. always make sure your teacher is qualified. so many muslims have been thought wrong because they were thought by just anybody. if you even have one word wrong you are committing shirk with Allah so always make sure you have it completely correct

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 05:07 PM
my advice to you is too listen to a recitor on your mp3 whilst you pronounce give it one month and you'll be the best :)

Asiyah3
01-28-2010, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: im learning at the moment also. it takes two years to get the pronunciation accurate for others who know other languages it takes them less time. always make sure your teacher is qualified. so many muslims have been thought wrong because they were thought by just anybody. if you even have one word wrong you are committing shirk with Allah so always make sure you have it completely correct
I didn't know that... I should from now isten to a new surah first

footy_craze
01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Memorized 24 juz so far. on surah tauba,Will be done hifz my march INSHALLAH and then I have to revise

footy_craze
01-29-2010, 05:23 AM
My teacher once told me that whatever you read in nafl salah you won't forget it. Like you might forget parts of it but it'll become easier to revise. I tried it and it works.

Beardo
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by footy_craze
My teacher once told me that whatever you read in nafl salah you won't forget it. Like you might forget parts of it but it'll become easier to revise. I tried it and it works.
Yeah, makes sense. Sort of like how you never forget what you read in Taraweeh. :omg:

Nokiacrazi
04-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Alhumdulillah I know Surahs 101-114, 96, 1, some various ayats.

Im also striving to learn Surah Ya-Sin 36.

May Allah make our pronunciation and understanding better.

omar ibrahim
04-08-2010, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
alsalumu alaikum sister

you actually made a mistake by saying that if you miss one word wrongly you are committing shirk,actually its the opposite make sure if you get any information ask for proofs

and this is the proof,its an authantic hadith its from bokari and muslim aisha may Allah be pleased with her said that the prophet peace be upon him said a person who read the quran perfectly

he or she will be with al safrh al brar al krmh >>>with angels which is a good thing and a person who read the quran with difficulty and hardly and trying to read it will get double reward

ooh you are lucky because you dont speak arabic ^^
) روى البخاري ومسلم عن عائشة رضي الله عنها قالت : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم :(( الذي يقرأ القرآن وهو ماهر به مع السفرة الكرام البررة ، والذي يقرأ القرآن ويتعتع فيه وهو عليه
شاق له أجران )) .

tango92
04-08-2010, 08:00 AM
^what? how are you lucky for not knowing arabic? the main miracle of the quran is in the arabic language. why learn it without knowing the meaning? then your just a parrot

BlackMamba
04-09-2010, 01:25 AM
^There are sooo many huffaz that don't know any Arabic. I would even go as far to say that most huffaz do not know Quranic Arabic.

footy_craze
04-09-2010, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
^what? how are you lucky for not knowing arabic? the main miracle of the quran is in the arabic language. why learn it without knowing the meaning? then your just a parrot
If you can learn the meaning of what you memorize thats great but its easier to memorize the whole Quran and then learn Arabic. But wat tango said is right, if you memorize but from your actions your a munafiq then no point in memorizing

BlackMamba
04-09-2010, 04:29 AM
That gets me pretty mad, I see and hear of people that memorize the whole Quran, and then their actions are like those of a kafir. They memorize the Quran and go smoke pot and drink. These people are the ones that are thrown in madrassahs against their will as young children and come out as "Huffaz" By the time they come out of the madrassas they are adolescents that have the Quran in their brain, but have no idea what it means and even more importantly have no desire to know what it means. These people go on to do nothing with their lives, and this is a big problem that we have throughout the Muslim world and even in the West.

Alchemist
04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I feel ashamed I only havez half of goz2 3ama

footy_craze
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
I feel ashamed I only havez half of goz2 3ama
best advice for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vvG6LwF6os

Alchemist
04-11-2010, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by footy_craze
Thanks for the link.. :)

tango92
07-14-2010, 02:04 PM
bump bump, lets get memorizing for ramadan inshallah

Rabi'ya
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM

InshAllah we can all make effort to learn a little bit. Even if its one ayat then it will benefit us.

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 10:04 AM
:bump:

Let us memorise at least one Surah this Ramadan!!!

muslimah bird
07-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I know at least 20 surahs and plan to memorize 5 more this ramadan :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!