/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are you currently reading?

sonz
12-16-2005, 09:35 AM
salama

tell us what youre reading at the moment what its about and what u like about it or dont like about it and do u recommend it or not.

im currently reading 'pride and prejudice' its a good book.

masalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mehnaz
12-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Salaam,

am not reading anything right now...but someone tol me that "davinci code" is a good read...the last one i read was Zoya by danielle steel...i wud recommend only to ppl who are very very emotional...!!..

W'salaam

~Raindrop~
12-16-2005, 09:47 AM
salaam
im reading 'healing with the medicine of the prophet'. excellent book. id definately recommend it.
wasalaam

mehnaz
12-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Salaam,

sis aisha...can u give the name of the author as well..

JazakAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
12-16-2005, 09:53 AM
salam
i didnt have the book on me...i got the info from the website.

By: Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jauziyah
Format: 6x9" HB
Pages: 359
ISBN: 1591440432

wassalaam

mehnaz
12-16-2005, 09:55 AM
JazakAllah khair!!

S_87
12-16-2005, 11:07 AM
:sl:

mayada daughter of iraq- such a sad book

10 companions promised paradise- v good

stories of the Prophet again good book

and next when the moon split inshaAllah

~Raindrop~
12-16-2005, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
and next when the moon split inshaAllah
iv read that...excellent book :)

hidaayah
12-16-2005, 11:36 AM
reading my physics book...*bored*

has anyone read Muhammad arabi(s)..??its an urdu book..excellent!!
by Muhammad inayatullah subhani..

and also i'm reading these days road to mecca..

Sis_ReNa
12-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Salam walakum :sister:
iam reading alot LOL , but at the moment iam reading Ideal muslimah, and the quran. Too awsome books
Rena

Umm Safiya
12-16-2005, 01:03 PM

At the moment I'm reading 'Stories of The Prophets'.. I just bought it, so I'm only at Adam 'alayhis-salâm.. But it's definitly good..

:w:

~Raindrop~
12-16-2005, 01:04 PM
is that the 1 by shaikh abul hassan ali nadwi??

Sis_ReNa
12-16-2005, 01:05 PM
has anyone read the sealed nectar? by safiur rahman al mubarakpuri? i just got that but i have soo much to read. On top of my school books learning about islam home schooling my daughter. Iam one reading fool . I cant keep them stright some times LOL
Salam walakum
Rena :sister:

Umm Safiya
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
is that the 1 by shaikh abul hassan ali nadwi??

I'm guessing that was to me? :)

Stories of the Prophets is by Imam Imâduddin Abul-Fida Isma'îl & Ibn Kathîr.. :)

~Raindrop~
12-16-2005, 01:11 PM
^^oh. that must be a different 1 then.

Sanobar
12-16-2005, 01:19 PM
salam!
iam reading....harry poter right now...:lol: reading it for the 100th time....apart form that i read atleast 1 chapter of fazail e amaal every day!:):)
ma'salaamah

12-16-2005, 02:51 PM
i'm readind "don't be sad" of sheikh aid karni...and at the same time reading my radiology book:p..well the second one is boring:p

S_87
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis_ReNa
has anyone read the sealed nectar? by safiur rahman al mubarakpuri? i just got that but i have soo much to read. On top of my school books learning about islam home schooling my daughter. Iam one reading fool . I cant keep them stright some times LOL
Salam walakum
Rena :sister:

yh and its really good :peace: :coolious: :)

Sis_ReNa
12-16-2005, 05:10 PM

yh and its really good :peace: :coolious: :)
Salam walakum .. good i cant wait to read it. :sister:

Muezzin
12-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Still reading Malcolm X's autobiography. Don't get that much time to read nowadays :(

Sanobar
12-16-2005, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
m reading IBNESAFI's 7 story series....
on the last one......

reading this 3rd time :D
got to finish it well b4 my next exam :p
stories[from imran series] :

bro zak is ibnesafi the horror novel or sumthing like that!??!?!:confused:

Muhammad
12-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Threads merged.

Please also see this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...mend-book.html

Silver Pearl
12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mm_ca04
: To Kill a Mockingbird. ;D And Jane Eyre. :p
:w: warahmatullahi wabarkatuh,

I had to study that at GCSE and to be frankly honest i felt i was on the edge of insanity, all that analysing:confused:

Non-islamic books: Ah, where to begin, hmm, i like reading, good exercise for the mind. The good books i've read are Darren Shan (amazing), HP, The trilogy of Noughts and Crosses (incredible books).

Islamic: The Quran, The healing of medicine, Muslim women (or something along those lines)....and others....

Favorite muslim writer: Sheikh Ibn Qayyim al-jauziyah, May Allah (swt) build a house for him and his family in jannah.

Favorite non-muslim author: Darren Shan and Malorie Blackman

Halima
12-17-2005, 02:56 AM

My favorite books are ......

1) Princess Sultana by: Jean Sasson
2) Princess Triology
3) Shabanu
4) Goosebumps
5) The Valley girls
6) To kill a mockingbird
7) Sheakspear's Macbeth
8) Sheakspear's Hamlet

Ataraxis
12-17-2005, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
i just love reading different authors writing about the lifestory of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Me too! As for non-islamic, my favorites (besides Harry Potter by jk rowling) are..
Mary Hoffman's series: Stravaganza...really good, I recommend it for everyone :)
& Cornelia Funke's Inkheart, Inkspell, Dragon Rider (this one is probably the best one, really interesting), and the Thief Lord.

For now...I think that it :) :peace:

samina1
12-17-2005, 04:55 AM
wow.. u guys r so interestin..

samina1
12-17-2005, 04:55 AM
o wait da last book i read is called "holy QURAN"
MASHALLAH HUH.. i knw, iam proud of my self too...
alhumdoliha..

*!~Faith~!*
12-18-2005, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

2) Princess Triology
3) Shabanu
ohhh I read the Princess triology...awesome books! it's quite interesting reading on the princesses of saudia. and you know theres a second book to shabanu called Haveli.

hidden_treasure
12-20-2005, 07:03 AM
assalamu alaikum,

i have just finished reading "the fragile vessels" (rights and obligations between the spouses in islam)..mashaAllah..very simple, but a refreshing reminder of how important the husband is in islam (which a lot of sisters seem to forget-including myself!)....

S_87
12-20-2005, 11:51 AM

2) Princess Triology

mayada by JS ..so sad :'(

im finally reading when the moon split. its really good. its also a biography on Muhammed :arabic5: by Sheikh Saifur rahman mubarakpuri but this one focuses more on the first days of islam and how islam was spread, ie expiditions, wars, dawah etc.

Halima
12-21-2005, 08:27 PM

mayada by JS ..so sad :'(

im finally reading when the moon split. its really good. its also a biography on Muhammed :arabic5: by Sheikh Saifur rahman mubarakpuri but this one focuses more on the first days of islam and how islam was spread, ie expiditions, wars, dawah etc.

Subhanallah. I wanted to read Mayada becuase it looked like a truely good book. When I get the time insh'aAllah I'll read it. AS for the Princess Triology, I loved it so much that I've read it 3 times in like 1 week, and in addition to that, I even went to Jean Sasson's website to see if she have any books like that. MashaAllah she's a great author. Even though her stories are based on real-life.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Is the Da-Vinci code a good read? Would anyone recommend it? i thinking of reading that. THe Hobbit is awesome

Syed Hussain
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM
ASW
At the moment im reading the sealed nectar. its about the life of the prophet. i recommend everyone to purchase it. it is tear jerking Mashallah
ASW

Protected_Diamond
12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

tell us what youre reading at the moment what its about and what u like about it or dont like about it and do u recommend it or not.

im currently reading 'pride and prejudice' its a good book.

masalama
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

we studied that book in school in year 11 it had a good moral to that lol but, at the same time the coursework we had to do for it was dead boring!

Im reading spectacles of death at the moment! :eek: It's sooo scary but Alhamdulilah it wakes you up to the truth! :sister: I highly recommend this book

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Protected_Diamond
12-21-2005, 09:18 PM

4) Goosebumps
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

lol..yeah i use to LOVE goosebumps when i was younger, i always use to read it before i go to bed :loving:

Jean Sasson is a great authour i loved that book too! It really is intresting the way arab culture is

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Z
12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Salaam.

This page.

Sanobar
12-22-2005, 02:11 PM
^^^ :lol: good one bro......!:lol:

Nawal89
12-22-2005, 02:42 PM
^i read it in arabic. It's really really good. :D

i'm not reading anything currently...I read one of my baby brothers library books last night..lol.

ummbilal
12-22-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm reading "the Bestfriends Guide to Motherhood and the First Year" Inshaallah I'm training to be a doula and want to read as many different approaches to it as possible, I'm also reading a wonderful book Allhumdulilah

called Al Quran!

Re.TiReD
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
:sl: currently reading "the holy woman" by Qaisra Sharaz....its a must read, a real eye opener...:sister: shows what some women may actually go through. plz read. :peace:

Sanobar
12-22-2005, 03:13 PM
hmmm...am reading.......zoya by daniel steel at the moment!!!!!! reading it for the 3rd time......!its kool!

sapphire
12-22-2005, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

Is the Da-Vinci code a good read? Would anyone recommend it? i thinking of reading that. THe Hobbit is awesome

have you started reading Da-Vinci code???i know its alot about religion...im going to start reading it in about a week inshallah.....

Hira
01-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Assalamualikum brothers and sisters, i am new to this forum, and alhamdulillah, it is very beautiful. :statisfie im currently reading the above mentioned book, by dan Brown, has anyone read it, i think it is excellent, full of codes, thrills and at the same time it educates you. also can i recommend, a brothers site under this thread, [link removed], he needs more members in his forum so thought it would be nice to request ppl to joi it. jazakallah

Muhammad
01-06-2006, 05:46 PM

Threads merged.

Helena
01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hira
Assalamualikum brothers and sisters, i am new to this forum, and alhamdulillah, it is very beautiful. :statisfie im currently reading the above mentioned book, by dan Brown, has anyone read it, i think it is excellent, full of codes, thrills and at the same time it educates you. also can i recommend, a brothers site under this thread, www.zaksweb.net, he needs more members in his forum so thought it would be nice to request ppl to joi it. jazakallah

welcome to da forum!! :happy: I've read the book, at first it was very interesting!! But wen it came to part jesus having an secret affair with mary magdalene. Astagfirulla hw they can rite that, i was really appauled!! Stopped reading the book, came to chapter 81, may be u cud tell me the ending??
Wen spophia finds out that from the drawing that mary magdalene was a discipal, dont get it. Wot are they trying to solve here?? Whats the message all behind that book!!:?

R_U
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM

I've read the DaVinci code and know how you feel bout some parts of the book but you've gotta keep reminding yourself that it is just fiction and although Brown claims to base a large part of the story on facts these are just claims and you've gotta take it with a pinch of salt cos the end is as good as the journey! Sis try and finish it off don't wanna give it away.. Currently am reading memoirs of a geisha, have just started it and so far so good.. anyone else read it? :)

sapphire
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
ok ill give it a go then......ill have to ask my head teacher for the book.....bt dont have time at the moment maybe later......im into crime fiction at the moment....

afriend
01-06-2006, 07:20 PM
try your local library....I heard it was a good book....i wud like to read it but im a bit interested in someting else.......The Quraan.......And yes I would recomend this book to all of Humanity.....trying to learn Surah Imraan

samina1
01-06-2006, 07:31 PM
IAM STILL READ QURAN.. wait iam still not done until i take my last breath inshallah...
ma salaam

afriend
01-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Well ok.....the last book i read was Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.........It was well.............ok............But 1 of the best books i have ever read was the Lord of The Rings triology.....Sensational.....

Helena
01-06-2006, 08:52 PM

The thing with me is i cant read fictional books, i prefer to read islamic books that will expand my knowledge on islam inshalah!!

At the moment im reading 'don't be sad', its a special book bought by my brother frm madinah during Hajj last ere!!
The book is basically about hw people help themselves when they are upset about something, hw can they overcome there problems if occured!!

Concealed Pearl
01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
" The Basic Concepts in the Quran" by harun yahya.
Any thoughts about him?

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-07-2006, 01:51 AM

Rightnow i'm reading ''Eemaan & Kufr'' it's a beautiful book & quite interesting,.. written by my cousin ''Imraan''.

afriend2
01-07-2006, 10:27 AM
salaam,

currently im reading a book called 'Jinn'. its really good and mashAllah very informative on what to do and recite to protect you from them. i recommend it as you will increase your knowledge by reading it inshAllah. :)

Allah knows best.

wassalam :peace:

Tilmeez
01-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Wish i could find all these books mentioned in the thread on net (soft copy)!!!
plz do mention urls if the said book has any.

Sanobar
01-07-2006, 12:03 PM
salam!
now iam reading....... david copperfield ! its boring......i knwits classic but then its really boring...! :lol:
ma'salamah

Verlierer
01-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Salam
im reading Interview with the Vampire by anne rice right now :thumbs_up

Tasneem
01-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Dua

The weapon of the believer
A treatise on the status and etiquete of dua in islam

By:Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi

About the book:In this work,the author elaborates on the status,importance and etiquette of dua in islam.In the most comprehensive work yet to be wriiten in English on this topic,the author discusses,amongst other matter:The excellence and benefits of Dua;The types of Dua;the pre-conditions that are needed in order for a Dua to be accepted etc

I like this book it is very informative and touches in everything
I would highly reccomend it to a muslim family

SaLaMz

Duhaa
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Mas`ood
" The Basic Concepts in the Quran" by harun yahya.
Any thoughts about him?

His books are good but are sometimes way too deep.
He has this thing with evolution and mentions it in every book.
I really liked two books of his though:
Perished Nations and the animal one where it has loads of pictures of the uniqueness of different animals such as butterflies, giraffes etc (can't remember the name of it)

hidaayah
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Assalam u Alaikum..
reading sahih bukhari..kitab ul Adab..

MetSudaisTwice
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
salam
am reading sahih muslim, the chapter of marriage
wasalam

aamirsaab
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
What are you currently reading?
This page :p

mehnaz
01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
:lol: bro....! u and bro Z have similar minds... chek the previous pages! :lol:

MetSudaisTwice
01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
salam
lol true sis, sahih muslim chapter of marriage is really good
wasalam

Muezzin
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Has anyone ever read Chicken Licken?

The ending is so twisted and not suitable for children.

*SPOILERS*

Chicken Licken and all his mates are eaten by a fox. That's dark stuff man.

*END SPOILERS*

And Little Red Riding Hood. I mean, what's going on there? This wolf comes, murders her granny, and steals her CLOTHES?! There's some next-level Freud BS going on in that story that I don't even want to go into.

Peter Pan is mucked up too. Look how he corrupted Michael Jackson. I sure as heck don't want to know HIS happy thoughts.

Goldilocks is a burglar. Sleeping Beauty is inciting some highly questionable practices. Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz steals one witch's shoes, and then murders another. Alice in Wonderland is the product of some messed-up psychedelic binge.

And don't get me started on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

sapphire
01-12-2006, 08:08 PM
LLLLOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!fairy tales...havnt read them in agesssssssss.......now that u mention it its true what u sed...lol

Zuko
01-13-2006, 05:40 PM
"Les Miserables", Victor Hugo and "Waiting for Godot" by, I forgot...

myInspiration
01-15-2006, 04:36 AM
today and everyday ... i read newspaper :giggling:

currently ... emmmm am reading all the post in this LI forum ;D

The Ruler
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by myInspiration
today and everyday ... i read newspaper :giggling:

currently ... emmmm am reading all the post in this LI forum ;D
i actually hate newspapers...no offence :X

btw, im readin the trillogy of guardians of time. its cool really. :)

hidaayah
02-26-2006, 01:09 PM
A book named gems n jewels..by Abdul Malik mujahid..

Muezzin
02-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I just read part of Alan Moore's run on 'Swamp Thing'. That's a reprint of certain issues of a comic book in case you're wondering. I want to read 'V for Vendetta' next. Moore is a great writer.

I'm also reading 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley.

islamonline
02-26-2006, 01:20 PM
The Life of Saladin
By Beha ED-Din

The Author Accompanied the Sultan on many important campaigns and watched him at close quarters. So this is the most authentic history in the life of Sultan Salah-ud-Din Aiyyoobi, he was of Kurd descent.
This is the translation originally made from the French edition.

mahuruf
02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Culture Shock - A Guide to Customs and Etiquette – Netherlands” It’s a very good book to understand everything about Netherlands. Ideal for a regular visitor or those who wish to settle down in The Netherlands.

Wassalaam

mahuruf
02-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I was 26 when I met my wife first, but it was possible to marry her only when I was 32 and she was 31, AlhamduLillah.

….. as the saying goes “marriages are made in heaven” whether it is right or wrong I say aameen to the brothers and sisters who wish to marry in their younger ages. Do it and don’t lose the opportunities.

You know why?

I see so many Muslim women in their 40s and 50s never had chance of marrying, yet virgins, because can not afford to pay dowry. They too dreamt of marrying young. Contrary to this there are men in Arab world, in their 50s and 60s without wives, because they can not afford to pay the “Mahar” the women demand, many of them are seen in the “Red-Light” areas of Bangkok, Mumbai etc… What Allah made as halaal for men and women is now…?

Wassalaam
:brother:

02-26-2006, 06:45 PM
currently i'm readin the sixth part of anne of greengables

while there are ppl around me who say it's 'intolerably boring' i say it's a beautiful narration.

it points outthe little things in life are the ones that make it beutiful.. it describes the nature in a very beutiful way and more overreading it just makes one feel like a small child again with no worries watsoever.

i recommend you ppl to read it too.

The Ruler
02-26-2006, 08:39 PM
i read the x-files books recently but bcuz da exams r nearin, i aint allowd to read any kind of fiction anymore :offended:

Ataraxis
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mehnaz
Salaam,

am not reading anything right now...but someone tol me that "davinci code" is a good read...the last one i read was Zoya by danielle steel...i wud recommend only to ppl who are very very emotional...!!..

W'salaam
Da Vinci Code is a good read..if you like that then also try The Last Templar..it's similar, but its written in the post 9/11 world..so some stuff is annoying..but overall, pretty good. :)

Hajar
02-26-2006, 08:57 PM

What im reading now well, I just bought The sealed nectar -Memoirs of the Noble Prophet! So me gonna start reading that soon...

The Ruler
02-26-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar
What im reading now well, I just bought The sealed nectar -Memoirs of the Noble Prophet!
i read dat book n i keep readin it over n over again....its jus sooooo gud :thumbs_up :happy: :happy: :happy:

i recommend the trillogy of 'the guardians of time' to anyone over 12....its relly gud although somtimes mildly not appropriate....but its mostly adventure n action....its cool :happy: :happy: :thumbs_up

1m@@n
02-26-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

At the moment I'm reading 'Stories of The Prophets'.. I just bought it, so I'm only at Adam 'alayhis-salâm.. But it's definitly good..

i read it a while ago...my sis got it me as a gift from saudi. also listened to the cds...i agree with u sis amira..deff good stuff!!

just finished reading 'the prophet's prayer described'...

next 2 start readin where i left off.... 'DUA- the weapon of the believer'.

ohhhhh and my digital quran wiv translation **jumps in joy** simply the best! i suggest every1 gets one!!! it goes everywhere wiv mee...and subhanaAllah is the best gift ive even been given!!!

Pinkie
02-27-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm reading "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston. I can't tell if I like the book or not since I am not done with the first chapter.

03-05-2006, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ataraxis
Da Vinci Code is a good read..if you like that then also try The Last Templar..it's similar, but its written in the post 9/11 world..so some stuff is annoying..but overall, pretty good. :)

yea, Da Vinci Code is awesum, but i personally liked 'Angels and Demons' much better. actually my frens who knw me real well call me 'a die hard angels n demons fan' ;D i also totally love 'digital fortress' !! it was a good book:happy: n 'deception point' was good ... i mean, it was like... sooo informative, n the stuff in it was so unpredictable unlike digital fortress... but i still like angels n demons best :okay: (though its bin long timesince i've read all ov them, but i remember every thing ;))

any1 who dusnt knw, all these books r by Dan Brown. speaking of Brown, did anyone know he's sued. :grumbling i'm on his side!! he didn't copy anyone!!

Protected_Diamond
03-06-2006, 11:29 AM
I've ordered a book called what does islam say?....Hopefully it should be good insha Allah....cant wait until it comes :)

Protected_Diamond
03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahuruf
Assalamu Alaikum

I was 26 when I met my wife first, but it was possible to marry her only when I was 32 and she was 31, AlhamduLillah.

….. as the saying goes “marriages are made in heaven” whether it is right or wrong I say aameen to the brothers and sisters who wish to marry in their younger ages. Do it and don’t lose the opportunities.

You know why?

I see so many Muslim women in their 40s and 50s never had chance of marrying, yet virgins, because can not afford to pay dowry. They too dreamt of marrying young. Contrary to this there are men in Arab world, in their 50s and 60s without wives, because they can not afford to pay the “Mahar” the women demand, many of them are seen in the “Red-Light” areas of Bangkok, Mumbai etc… What Allah made as halaal for men and women is now…?

Wassalaam
:brother:
Akhee, an islamic wedding doesn't have to cost a lot and the dowry should only be over around £150 or over because, the prophet s.a.w gave that much approx. But of course nowadays islam is out of the question, everyone wants to compete on who can spend the most on weddings. :rant: :rant:

May Allah s.w.a forgive us all insha Allah

Duhaa
03-06-2006, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 08101990
yea, Da Vinci Code is awesum, but i personally liked 'Angels and Demons' much better. actually my frens who knw me real well call me 'a die hard angels n demons fan' ;D i also totally love 'digital fortress' !! it was a good book:happy: n 'deception point' was good ... i mean, it was like... sooo informative, n the stuff in it was so unpredictable unlike digital fortress... but i still like angels n demons best :okay: (though its bin long timesince i've read all ov them, but i remember every thing ;))

any1 who dusnt knw, all these books r by Dan Brown. speaking of Brown, did anyone know he's sued. :grumbling i'm on his side!! he didn't copy anyone!!
I'd read that he was being sued because some people are saying that he copied their story about Jesus having a daughter and the family line still carrying on to this day and also about the Holy Grail.
I've read it and although I didnt believe (as it is against our beliefs or someof it is anyway :rollseyes ) I cant deny it was a good book.
i've been thinking about reading the others by Dan Brown coz I've heard they're really good.
At the moment I've been reading random books. Mostly by Anthony Horowitz. Have you heard of the Alex Rider series, read them all :happy: .

Muezzin
03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
The people suing Dan Brown should fail as he is not infringing copyright - what he is being accused of is stealing these people's ideas. However, mere ideas cannot be copyrighted in the first place. Hopefully it'll get thrown out of court.

That said, I've not read the Da Vinci Code yet. I'm far too snobbish. :p

muslimah19
03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
asalamualikum!!!!! Yes wat am i readin...chronology of islam..gosh its so complicated. But its really interesting..one has to get used to da details these authors go into

julie sarri
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
:sl: i'm reading men and women around the messinger its a good book:w:

03-06-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The people suing Dan Brown should fail as he is not infringing copyright - what he is being accused of is stealing these people's ideas. However, mere ideas cannot be copyrighted in the first place. Hopefully it'll get thrown out of court.

That said, I've not read the Da Vinci Code yet. I'm far too snobbish. :p

oh brother! wen u sed u were snobbish, i thought u werea girl :giggling: ... i advice u to use some other term next time :happy: consider it a friendly request.

anyhow, i do agree with u on that point. i'm rooting for Dan Brown :)

but if u plan on reading his novel, i strongly suggest 'Angels and Demons' personally i belive its better, n since it's a sort of long prologue of Da Vinci Code, it makes it just themore fun to read Da Vinci Code (i speak with experience ;D )

u too sis duhaa, 'Angels and Demons' is da bomb!:thankyou:

Muezzin
03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
oh brother! wen u sed u were snobbish, i thought u werea girl :giggling: ... i advice u to use some other term next time :happy: consider it a friendly request.
Heh.

anyhow, i do agree with u on that point. i'm rooting for Dan Brown :)
Oh, I'm not rooting for him. I'm just saying from a legal standpoint he should win.

but if u plan on reading his novel, i strongly suggest 'Angels and Demons' personally i belive its better, n since it's a sort of long prologue of Da Vinci Code, it makes it just themore fun to read Da Vinci Code (i speak with experience ;D )
Maybe... But you're talking to the guy who put off reading Harry Potter because it's too damn 'popular'. :p

I want to read 'V for Vendetta' written by Alan Moore. I just read his 'Watchmen'. Top stuff.

------
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (7th time in a row) LOL ;D

maryam (",)
03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
in the early hours...khurram murad

manual of the warrior of light...paulo coelho

zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

The Ruler
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
am readin...........

Longsdale Science Revision Guides
The essentials of EDEXCEL
science: single and souble award B
Volume 1 Modules 1-6
Edited by Mary James
higher and foundation tiers
£5.99

:uhwhat :uhwhat :uhwhat :uhwhat :uhwhat

hidaayah
03-07-2006, 02:12 AM
An urdu book "tajalliat e nabuwwat" on seerah..
its good ..Mashallah..

03-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Heh.

Oh, I'm not rooting for him. I'm just saying from a legal standpoint he should win.
did i say u were rooting for him? read agen. i said 'i agree with ur point.( <---- tht's a full stop right there before the bracket) I am rooting for Dan Brown.'

Maybe... But you're talking to the guy who put off reading Harry Potter because it's too damn 'popular'. :p
hmm... prejudiced much?

u put off reading it cuz it was too damn popular:rollseyes ... way to go.

Mawaddah
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm reading the book ' Ad-Daa' wad-Dawaa' ' Illness and Healings, by Ibn al-Qayyim, so far I've only read 50 pages :p, but it's really good :happy:

smile
03-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Remember me

from Reader's Digest

Nawal89
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
raheequl makhtum.

i LOVE that book.

strider
03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I am currently reading 'Ark Angel' by Antony Horowitz. The sixth book in the series. :D

sapphire
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
im reading :

Leading Ladies: who made a difference in the lives of others, approved by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, and Mufti Abdul Qadir, published by Idara Talifat e Ashrafia

subhanallah its a greaaaat book !

arehat
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
im reading :

Leading Ladies: who made a difference in the lives of others, approved by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, and Mufti Abdul Qadir, published by Idara Talifat e Ashrafia

subhanallah its a greaaaat book !
Intresting should try and read it myself!

abdul Majid
03-09-2006, 10:14 PM
[MAD]i dont know how to read ...[/MAD]

lol

Cheb
03-09-2006, 10:15 PM
"The 5 people you meet in Heaven"
Very interesting book so far.

Muezzin
03-10-2006, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
[MAD]i dont know how to read ...[/MAD]

lol
Dude, you just exploded my brain.

snowdropjasmine
03-10-2006, 09:30 AM
am reading the history of islam it is a great book:)

Lush
03-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Milton's "'Paradise Lost" and The Grimms' Complete Fairy Tales. Both are for class, but both have been fun.

strider
03-10-2006, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

I am currently reading 'Ark Angel' by Antony Horowitz. The sixth book in the series. :D
I finished reading it, last night! It was okey i guess.. not the best out of all the 6 books in the series. But there was a happy ending to it all! (As always:giggling: )

Ma'assalama

03-11-2006, 05:44 AM
'Ark Angel'.. seems like fiction, is it?

don't tell me the story plz, i think i'll read it. but it's a finished series or is it still progressing?

Duhaa
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM

don't tell me the story plz, i think i'll read it. but it's a finished series or is it still progressing?

An excellent series of six books, read them in order, so you understand the characters. I mean the fifth book makes references to the previous books as do the others so if you havent read the first ones you'll be wondering....
I didnt like the Ark angel one because it was a bit boring and sciency (my made up word) but the beginning part is unbeatable!!
If you notice in all his Alex Rider books, Alex has a little adventure of his own before the actual big adventure to do with MI6.
You'll only understand if you've read them. :)

I dont think there are any books after Ark Angel, wish there were because they are sooo good.:happy:

At the moment I am reading a tajweed book about how to pray the qur'aan properly with makhraj etc.

------
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
[BANANA]Road To Paradise[/BANANA]

The Ruler
03-17-2006, 08:08 PM

yeh dose bks r jus soooo gr8....but dat aint da end of it, i thought another book's sposed to cum up l8er dis year....bout alex rider n summink supernatural :?

am currently readin a point horror book - the accident :vomit:

afriend
03-17-2006, 10:33 PM
My aunty bought me the whole Cronicals of Narnia Series....It was well expensive......

So, what's every1's verdicts on the series?

Sanobar
03-18-2006, 09:28 AM
am reading : "what a muslim needs to know about his religion"! by abdullah abdul ghani al khayat !

its a very good book...a must read !

snakelegs
03-18-2006, 09:28 PM
i am currently reading a completely trashy and worthless novel (this is what i mainly read). so i won't even bother to name it.
but has anyone read "the kite runner"? a very beautiful and touching book. a boy growing up in afghanistan, later coming to u.s. (and the tremendous cultural transition) and even later, going back to afghanistan. i heartily recommend it.
i am also reading children's stories in urdu cuz i'm trying to learn the language.

Duhaa
03-20-2006, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
My aunty bought me the whole Cronicals of Narnia Series....It was well expensive......

I've read some of them like the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and another two whose name I cant remember but I think one is about an uncle.
Anyway the books are really good, if you read them in order. ;) You'll understand it better!

Knut Hamsun
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Snakelegs:
has anyone read "the kite runner"? a very beautiful and touching book. a boy growing up in afghanistan, later coming to u.s.
Yes. I read it and really enjoyed it. I think the author is coming out with a new book this year. That book started me on a 7 book excursion through Afghani history, politics, war, etc...
I am very curious as to what this trash you are reading is! :D Do tell.

The Ruler
03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

ma sis got em from skool as a chritmas present...n dey r quite gd actually....atfirst u may find it borin thou....i no i did...but den da real adventure starts....its cool :happy:

am now readin...the trillogy 'the secret circle' "initiation"
its a bit born...but well it gets betta :)

Z
04-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Salaam.

I've just finished reading A Brother's Journey. It's a sad story, but well worth a read. And since the story is actually a life story of early years told by the author, it gets very personal.

Oh and if you find child abuse a horror to read about, then maybe you ought to give it a pass.

Sister_6038
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
sallam am currently reading tyhe fundamentals of tawheed by bilal philips

Arch_warrior
04-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Im reading what islam is all about by Yahyah Emerick its reallyyy good book its what pulled me into islam in my ignorant years! also Psychology The science of mind and behaviour by Richard Gross, very intresting!

broth3r Ali
04-12-2006, 05:58 PM
salaam
im reading my revision notes!! :uhwhat

extinction
04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
im reading the sky is falling by sidney sheldon for the 6th time very good book..not very islamic though.....

freeze
04-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Julius Caesar by Shakespeare.

Oh, I hate it.

Maryam22
04-13-2006, 01:50 AM
this thread. also kitab al-tawhid. its taking me forever, and its it like only 1.5 com thick

Sis786
04-13-2006, 08:13 AM
The Da Vinci Code By Dan Brown What a Book!

Muslim Knight
04-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Jerusalem in the Quran by Imran Hosein and Muhammad by Martin Lings. Exceptional!!

Sanobar
04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
im reading the sky is falling by sidney sheldon for the 6th time very good book..not very islamic though.....

yeah kool book i read it abt 10 times till now...aint bored yet!!:giggling: :giggling: and yeah i agree not at all islamic...! its sidney sheldon after all!:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

but am reading..... a twist in the tale by jeffery archer\! ahhh its boring!:heated: :heated:

Sister_6038
04-13-2006, 11:16 AM
true say but i do like sidney sheldons books....

strider
04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Just finished reading The Little Prisoner by Jane Eliott.

Ma'assalama

Z
04-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Salaam.

I've yet to read it myself, but what's the big issue with this Da Vinci Code book? Everyone's reading it for some reason.

Starseeker
04-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I found the Divinci code really boring I dont know how anyone can say that they actually like it

04-13-2006, 07:55 PM
i'm just bout to start 'THE TENKO CLUB'

sounds cute dusnt it?

Z
04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Salaam.

Tenko kind of sounds like a Japanese title.

Sanobar
04-14-2006, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
true say but i do like sidney sheldons books....

me toooo..... i have almost all of em...! they are too intresting.. ;);):giggling: :happy:

cool_jannah
04-14-2006, 06:59 AM
I am currently reading 'Maunfacturing Processes for Engineering Materials' ;D
since I have a midterm tommorow.

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cool_jannah
I am currently reading 'Maunfacturing Processes for Engineering Materials' ;D
since I have a midterm tommorow.
:X good luck bro!

1m@@n
04-14-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by broth3r Ali
:X good luck bro!
:salamext:

lolzz....sillyy billyyy....how did u get dat video clip in ur sig? i can fyt better than dat...and better than you!! **i wish**

havnt u strtd readin the book i give u...?? 'd prophets stories'?? hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

ws

"..MariAm.."
04-15-2006, 02:14 AM
my islamiat notes..my exams are just sooo near..!!

ishkabab
04-15-2006, 02:22 AM
well i was reading Great Expectations by Charles ickens...for the 2nd time....its a great book..

muzna
04-15-2006, 06:09 AM
my favourite books..
Do They Hear You When You Cry - Fauziya Kassindja
THe Saving Graces - Patricia Gaffney
The Crow Eaters - Bapsi Sidhwa
Interpreter of Maladies - Jumpha Lahiri

muzna
04-15-2006, 06:11 AM
i read all the sidney sheldons..most are cool

SirZubair
04-15-2006, 10:52 AM
I've read "Purification of the Heart" (Shaykh hamza yusuf) for the 2nd time in 4 months.

...I think i should start doing my DLPS now.

I've got to do a DLP (distance learning program) for Work and an Islamic DLP that is being run by Al Ghazzali Centre (Australia)

afriend2
04-15-2006, 01:20 PM
salaam,

alhamdulillah am reading "The Ideal Muslimah" at the moment! :) mashAllah it is so informative and i recommend it strongly :wub:

wassalam

S_87
04-15-2006, 01:28 PM

history of islam volume 1. thats my next book when i get time inshaAllah will start in the week

Sanobar
04-17-2006, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
well i was reading Great Expectations by Charles ickens...for the 2nd time....its a great book..
u bet it is...... we had that novel as r sylabus text a few yrs bac..... its an awesome book..to intresting... !:):)

The Ruler
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
had to hide n read my point horror book de oda day....got exams 2moro...gotta review my statistics notes :uhwhat :uhwhat

Muezzin
04-17-2006, 04:00 PM
The work of fiction I read most recently was 'V for Vendetta' by Alan Moore and David Llyod. It's a masterpiece. I hope the new film adaptation is good too.

Sister_6038
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
am reading The fundamentals of Tawheed by Dr Bilal Philips (still...its a great read), Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Aeneid by Virgil, The Odyssesy by Homer and all three of my nephews school books :D:D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Dont Be Sad :thumbs_up

Sister_6038
04-17-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
*scratches her head* is that a book? lolololol

IbnAbdulHakim
04-17-2006, 04:13 PM
*scratches her head* is that a book? lolololol
topseller in islamicbookstore.com :thumbs_up

Sister_6038
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
topseller in islamicbooks.com :thumbs_up
jazakhallah bro...

al-fateh
04-17-2006, 04:41 PM
[PIE]i hate books [/PIE]

but i love the Quran

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:19 PM
i m reading the Biography of Muhammad (pbuh) now a days.

Starseeker
04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
[PIE]i hate books [/PIE]

but i love the Quran
How can you hate books?

------
04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
[PIE]Harry Potter - Best teenage book there ever is!![/PIE]

afriend2
04-20-2006, 04:22 PM

salaam,

my brothers reading that :okay: and he says its excellent alhamdulillah! :)

wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

my brothers reading that :okay: and he says its excellent alhamdulillah! :)

wassalam
lol, stop makin me respect ur bro more n more :p :okay: mashAllah :)

cleo
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I am reading "The Rumbling Volcano" by: Nabeel Jabbour Excellent for understanding Islamic Fundamentalism in Egypt. I want to go there, someday.

afriend2
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
lol, stop makin me respect ur bro more n more :p :okay: mashAllah :)
salaam,

lol mashAllah :giggling: will have to hook you two up one day inshAllah :)

on sunday he bought me the translation of the Qu'ran in english....and told me to read in the Name of Allah ta'ala :wub: alhamdulillah i thought that was so sweet :happy: :okay:

wassalam

Bittersteel
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Black Hawk Down:A Story of Modern war by Mark Bowden.
Its about the Battle of Mogadishu,where US Delta Forces and Army Rangers fought the Somalis.excellent.

Ajeeb
04-21-2006, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Hussain
ASW
At the moment im reading the sealed nectar. its about the life of the prophet. i recommend everyone to purchase it. it is tear jerking Mashallah
ASW
Assalmualikum

have to totally agree with u i read it in the summer n was dazed for days

Sister_6038
04-21-2006, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
Black Hawk Down:A Story of Modern war by Mark Bowden.
Its about the Battle of Mogadishu,where US Delta Forces and Army Rangers fought the Somalis.excellent.
watched the film...didnt quite feel like the real thing....

seeker_of_ilm
04-21-2006, 03:01 PM
watched the film...didnt quite feel like the real thing....

Were you there for the real thing?!:?

lol

NahidSarvy
04-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm reading a few:
  • van der Toorn, Karel 1996: Family Religion in Babylonia, Syria & Israel: Continuity & Change in the Forms of Religious Life (Studies in the History & Culture of the Ancient Near East, 7), New York: EJ Brill (ISBN 90-04-10410-0)
  • Stetkevych, Jaroslav 1996: Muhammad & the Golden Bough, Indianapolis IN: Indiana University Press (about the people of Tham&#251;d and the Prophet S&#226;lih)
  • Healey, John F 2000: The Religion of the Nabat&#230;ans (Religions in the Gr&#230;co-Roman World, 136), Boston: Brill
I know they're kinda weird, but it is all about the time of the Prophet and/or the Qur'&#226;nic story of the people of Tham&#251;d.

The Ruler
04-21-2006, 08:40 PM
a collection of three point horror books into one..
  • The Cheerleader
  • The return of the vampire
  • the vampire's promise

Muezzin
04-22-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
a collection of three point horror books into one..
  • The Cheerleader
  • The return of the vampire
  • the vampire's promise
If you're over 18 (cos it's not for kids) read 'The Shining' by Stephen King. A masterpiece of modern horror. I'm almost completely desensitised to 'spooky' things, and I still found it scary as heck.

seeker_of_ilm
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM

I'm not really reading any books right now, for me National Geographic and The Economist is all I have time for these days..anything else comes from wikipedia.

Sister_6038
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
If you're over 18 (cos it's not for kids) read 'The Shining' by Stephen King. A masterpiece of modern horror. I'm almost completely desensitised to 'spooky' things, and I still found it scary as heck.
stephen king true horror when you need it...if anyone wants very good graphical images built up in their head read the Aeneid...amazing!!!! especially the battle scene...WOOOOOW.....it drags a bit at the beginning of the poem but once you settle in WOOOOW!!!

extinction
04-25-2006, 07:34 AM
its a wonder how someone with an imagination like stephen king doesnt have a heart attack due to nightmares......

Muezzin
04-25-2006, 02:04 PM
its a wonder how someone with an imagination like stephen king doesnt have a heart attack due to nightmares......
He got knocked down by a car a few years ago. Dunno about his heart. His older stuff is the better than his newer novels anyway, though all his books are excellent.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
readin about the last hour, ressurection day n stuff in

miskat al masabih! vol.4

wallahi the amount of fear the descriptions of the last day send!!! subhanAllah!!

x Maz x
04-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I am reading this intriguing text presented before my eyes :) WalaykumAsalaam x

Muslimaatan
04-26-2006, 03:36 AM
i am currnetly reading "don't be sad" la tahzan..by 'Aaish ibn abdullah al-qarni..my teacher gave me it 2 read just yesterday..:-D..i started..itz niice..and the only reason he gave it 2 me 2 read is cuz one time is ss class, we had a test..and i didnt study..so i was like.."life suck!" he started with the u should appreciate life, this and that..he didn't even know y i said it!! loolzz..but hes sooo coooooool!! the best teacher in the skool, madd religious, smart, and nice..even though i don like ss that much..:-D
and i just finished readin another book, the declaration of faith, by sheilh saalih ibn fawzan alfawzan..
I just went back to reading this month..i had a loong break from readin like 4 months!! (not readin readin! readin islamic books! DUH) lolzz..and readin some assigned books for english..things fall apart by chinua achebe..it was SOO boriiinn!! but i liked it thoo..havin a test soon..essay bout it too!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.