/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To go...or not to go....(To Jannah that is)

Rabi'ya
12-21-2005, 07:17 PM
:sl: my brothers and sisters

I ahve a Question which has been bothering me for a while.

It is said in various hadeeth that if you do 'x' you will go striahgt to Jannah. For example, a friend of mine said that if you know Quraan by heart then you will go straight to Jannah, or if you die Shaheed you will go straight to Jannah.

Anyway, surely, if you had learnt Quraan yet did not know its meaning, then its pointless, and (although Allah knows best), surely you wouldnt go to Jannah. there are people who know Quraan by heart yet they go with girls, get drunk etc.Would these people still go Jannah?

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
12-21-2005, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

It is said in various hadeeth that if you do 'x' you will go striahgt to Jannah. For example, a friend of mine said that if you know Quraan by heart then you will go straight to Jannah, or if you die Shaheed you will go straight to Jannah.

Anyway, surely, if you had learnt Quraan yet did not know its meaning, then its pointless, and (although Allah knows best), surely you wouldnt go to Jannah. there are people who know Quraan by heart yet they go with girls, get drunk etc.Would these people still go Jannah?

:sl:

To put it in simple terms what you do in this world will entitle you to what you will reep in the hearafter.

Abu Abdullah- Jabir Ibn 'Abdullah Al-Ansari said: that a man came to Allah's Messenger(PBUH) and said, 'Do you see that if I offer obligatory prayer; fast in Ramadan follow the lawful and avoid the unlawful and do nothing else else, I will enter Paradise?' The Prophet(PBUH) replied, 'Yes.' [Collected by Muslim]

Rabi'ya
12-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Jazakallah for your reply brother

So people who say if you do 'x' you are guaranteed Jannah are infact not 100% correct. As you still need to continue on the straight path?

Rabi'ay:rose:

Ghazi
12-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Yes it's the journey which counts, if you stick to the right path then you will enter janna

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
12-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Jazakallah for clarifying that brother...

kadafi
12-21-2005, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

This question is similiar to an another question asked at islam-qa:

Question:
I don't think that it's fair that some muslims can just mess around thier whole lives and then die in a certain way and still make to heaven. For example if you drown or are crushed by a building then you are supposed to go to paridise. Lets say that someone memorized the 99 names of Allah and that person only prayed 1 or 2 prayers everyday. Is that person going to go to paridise? The prophet(saw) said that whoever commits the 99 names of Allah to memory is guarented paridise. Please commment.
Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.
According to a saheeh hadeeth, “Allaah has ninety-nine names. Whoever counts them will enter Paradise.” Counting them means memorizing them, understanding their meanings, acting in accordance with their implications and calling upon Allaah by them. Whoever does that and does not commit any major sin, and upholds regular prayer, will have the hope of entering Paradise. But the one who commits major sins has to repent, and he is still subject to the will of Allaah – if Allaah wills He will forgive him and if He wills He will punish him. But the person who dies by drowning or being crushed by a falling building is a shaheed (martyr) if he is Muslim, and there is the hope that all his evil deeds will be forgiven except for debt.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr.

But according to the most correct scholarly view the person who deliberately neglects prayer altogether is a kaafir who has disbelieved in Allaah Almighty, and his abode will be the Fire even if he was drowned or a building collapsed on him.

The proof for this is that the ahaadeeth which promise a specific reward such as entering Paradise or being saved from Hell are subject to the conditions being fulfilled and the obstacles being removed. One of the obstacles to entering Paradise, for example, is neglecting prayer, and one of the conditions for the reward of the shaheed who is killed in battle is that his intention is to fight so that the word of Allaah may be supreme, and so on.

We also wish to point out to our brother that Muslim should not object to the rulings of Allaah once they have been proven and their meanings have been understood. If he finds something hard to understand, he should question his own reasoning and understanding, not the texts of sharee’ah.

And Allaah is the source of help.
Islam-qa.com

Rabi'ya
12-22-2005, 12:39 PM
JazakAllah Khair brother

firdous
12-22-2005, 01:22 PM
salam sis, i just wanted to say, even the Prophet Muhammed PBUH, the best of creation was given Paradise on a plate, however even he pbuh will not go to Jannah Without the Permission of Allah...

_salam_
12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
I would say that what is also implied by "knowing the whole Qur'an" is not just memorizing the words but also putting those words into action and following what it says. Also keep in mind that just cause the Hadeeth says that those people will go to Jannah it doesn't mean that they will necessarily go right away (as far as I know), they could still go to hell first or suffer a horrible punishment in the grave before eventually making it to Jannah.

Samee
12-23-2005, 02:39 AM

Also, to paraphrase in the words of Allah the Almighty himself after hearing a complaint from the people of a different messenger that our nation would get more rewards for some actions then all the other nations:

"Have I taken away anything from your reward? No. So don't worry about other people and go about your business."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.