/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the True Shahaada?

knowledgeofself
12-23-2005, 05:21 AM
What is the True Shahaada? Should would put Muhammad (PBUH) in the Shahaada? Allah stands alone, not with others. Please my brothers and sisters give me some answers to this one? Lets discuss the true way to worship Allah. :coolsis:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
12-23-2005, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by knowledgeofself
What is the True Shahaada? Should would put Muhammad (PBUH) in the Shahaada?
:sl:
Affirming the Prophethood of Muhammad saws is an obligation given in the Qur'an. The Shahada is mentioned in the Qur'an itself:
47:19 Know that there is no god but Allah
48:29 Muhammad (pbuh) is the Messenger of Allah

So to reject the Shahada is probably the most obvious way to become a disbeliever. Furthermore, the Shahada is confirmed through Mutawaatir chains of transmission.
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.

2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.

3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .

4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)

5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.
(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 7).

Allah stands alone, not with others.
I'm afraid I don't understand how you reached the absurd conclusion that mentioning belief in Allah side by side with acceptance of the Prophet Muhammad saws somehow equates divinity of Muhammad. That is very strange logic, especially since the Qur'an mentions the two beliefs side by side:

33:36. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allâh and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allâh and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.

Do we conclude that the Qur'an is placing the Messenger on equal footing with Allah from this passage?! Clearly not!

Please my brothers and sisters give me some answers to this one? Lets discuss the true way to worship Allah. :coolsis:
The true way to worship Allah swt is to worship Him in accordance with the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad saws.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.