PDA

View Full Version : The Cookery Club

Pages : 1 2 [3]

dovelove
12-28-2009, 04:38 PM
What a good thread, mashAllah :D

HOW TO MAKE TASTY BRUSSEL SPROUTS

peel sprouts, just top layers,

generously (upto tablespoon for 10) add honey 2 the water that they are goin to be cooked with,

**modify if usin a steamer by perhaps lightly coatin the sprout with honey b4 steamin

seriously this is some tasty sprout, sugar is ok if u got no honey and it does make them nicer, but wow, honey make them sooo tasty, i wished i had made more, and i have been sproutphobic until i found this recipe.

:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-29-2009, 07:29 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just noticed you are making a sauce that reguire 1/2 cup. I am assuming that is calling for either wine or beer if it is wine simply use an unsweetened grape juice instead. If it is calling for beer used a small amount of malt and crushed hops plus 1/2 cup water. If it is calling for a liquor such as brandy, post the name of the liquor and I will post a substitute.

Or Check this site: http://homecooking.about.com/library...blalcohol6.htm but be certain the substitue does not contain alcohol

barakallahu feek ahkee. very helpful post.

EDIT: im going to be a doofus again and ask if unsweetened grape juice available in the local supermarkets?

Raaina
12-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, I just noticed this thread!

Lots of food to try make! :D

mammyluty
12-30-2009, 01:11 AM
hey guys u can try mine its from kenya mombasa island

plantain bananas in coconut milk with sugar,

ul need

plantain bananas
sugar
vanila essence
cardamon pods
coconut milk

recipe

peel the bananas n cut in half n put them in a sauce pan
pour the sugar on top sparingly
pour the coconut milk n the vanila essence
remove the cardaon seeds from the pod n crash them into powder form n put them in the he bananas
last put ur sauce pan with the bananas,coconut milk,sugar vanila n cardamon on heat n let it cook until the bananas r tende the coconut milk is syrupy.

u can serve as derset or as snack!

deliious n yumy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-30-2009, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:

EDIT: im going to be a doofus again and ask if unsweetened grape juice available in the local supermarkets?
As far as I know it is available in nearly all supermarkets. If memory serves me right it is the only type bottled by Welchs and several other brands.

Woodrow
12-30-2009, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
hey guys u can try mine its from kenya mombasa island

plantain bananas in coconut milk with sugar,

ul need

plantain bananas
sugar
vanila essence
cardamon pods
coconut milk

recipe

peel the bananas n cut in half n put them in a sauce pan
pour the sugar on top sparingly
pour the coconut milk n the vanila essence
remove the cardaon seeds from the pod n crash them into powder form n put them in the he bananas
last put ur sauce pan with the bananas,coconut milk,sugar vanila n cardamon on heat n let it cook until the bananas r tende the coconut milk is syrupy.

u can serve as derset or as snack!

deliious n yumy.
I love plantains, but have not tried cooking them like that. I will try it next time I get some.

syilla
12-30-2009, 01:55 AM
mammylutty...that is so like malaysian 'sira pisang'

i borrowed this image from this website...it also have recipe in it. but ofcourse we seldom put whipped cream on it :/

http://recipesforkeeps.blogspot.com/...ra-pisang.html

heres the video of it.
http://www.trymasak.my/view-video-re...1b0c760947acf8

peace_maker
02-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Idk why this thread has been abandoned for so loooong but I think this thread is great! ;)
I love cooking.... sorta.. Its just that whenever me and my sis try some baking dish, its turns out to be rip-off. Its like my oven is a big bad evil bad luck box! X(

Btw, I'm putting up ONION RINGS recipe. I've never tried it, waiting for the right time. I'm on a diet :D

ONION RINGS

* Sweet white onions (sliced in rings)
* 1 egg
* 1 cup milk
* 1/4 cup oil
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup flour
* 1 tsp baking pwd.
* oil (for frying)

1) Mix egg, oil and milk on low speed for 1 minute.
2) Add dry ingredients and mix well until smooth.
3) Dip in batter and deep-fry until golden brown. Strain oil and lay them on kitchen towel.

Serve with any dip!
The quickest dip I make is garlic sauce. I just mix in a little amount of garlic paste into a bowl of yoghurt with a pinch of salt.
Its so yum...! :D

Beardo
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Has anyone already mentioned the recipe for cereal? :x Cereal and Milk. Pour it in the SAME bowl.

Well, on the more serious note:

Mix Sour Cream and a can of condensed milk, dice some fruit, and put it in there and you got a Fruit Parfait! :)

peace_maker
02-24-2011, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Has anyone already mentioned the recipe for cereal? :x Cereal and Milk. Pour it in the SAME bowl.
You know what? I think that much information is already provided on the cereal box ;D :lol:

Argamemnon
02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I just noticed this thread, very nice.

Muhaba
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
cereal and milk is delicious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.