/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why 50 Posts?!!!!!

SunniMuslimah
12-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Assalamu alykom,

Jazakum Allahu Khyran for this nice forum, but i wonder why In order to achieve the Full Member status and access the many features, new users should have 50 or more posts!!!!

This is too much! This will take a long time unless we are dedicated to this forum and have nothing else to do!!

I think 20 posts are enough! This is more reasonable!

Thank you for ur patience.

Fi Aman Allah

Basma :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
12-25-2005, 12:19 PM
:sl:

Jazakallahu Khayr for your patience, and also welcome to the forum.

The reason we have 50 posts is so that members are encouraged to participate in the forum, because previously people only registered for the sake of listening to nasheeds. So this way, people are giving something back as well as receiving the benefits of the forum.

Another important reason is that 50 posts shows a commitment to the forum and is a more secure way to allow access into private gender rooms. We would not be as sure if a person was a brother or a sister if they were entirely new, although we are aware that this is not foolproof.

Please don't be put off by the number of posts: once you start to join in discussions, you will find it very easy to post more and more, and Insha'Allaah you will reach the target sooner than you think.

:w:

sapphire
12-25-2005, 02:11 PM
you'll reach 50 posts in no time sis...inshallah so long as you dont go free posting in which case the posts will be deleted.......

SunniMuslimah
12-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Jazaka Allahu kyran brother Muhammad for clearing the fog in this issue, ur justifications do make sense to me.

I hope that i will reach the 50 posts soon, this is my post #22, i'm on the way, pray for me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
12-25-2005, 02:25 PM
do what i did post lol to all the jokes in the jokes board

lool ok i tell a lie i didnt do that

yea i agree even on my board people keep joining up to get to the downloads section to download the nasheeds and then leave ggrrr

i might be forced to take similar steps sooner or later but for now im just chillin

TabTabiun
12-26-2005, 11:03 PM
As-Salaam Walkium- Brother Muhammad May Allah(SWT) Reward you for Having Such A Gentle Reply.Aameen.
***MaSalaama***
*P.S Because I To Wondered Why 50 But I NEVER... Thought That it was to much posts...

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SunniMuslimah
Assalamu alykom,

Jazakum Allahu Khyran for this nice forum, but i wonder why In order to achieve the Full Member status and access the many features, new users should have 50 or more posts!!!!

This is too much! This will take a long time unless we are dedicated to this forum and have nothing else to do!!

Fi Aman Allah

Salams from your sister Rabbiyah that was an excellent thread I actually had a bit of a tude about the amount but I try to turn it around and made it a challenge for myself ever since I joined this site I think about what thread to put on next and also I try to write somthing worth writing about Insha Allah:)

Rabbiyah
12-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Assalamu alykom,

Fi Aman Allah

Salams Again :sister: as u probably already know I've already respond to your thread earlier but I have to add this. I was washing dishes and you remind me of something I read about the Prophet Muhamad (SAW) and please don't misunderstand me The Prophet(SAW) was asked to lower the number of salats that was requested it was 100 (i think) and he asked until it was required to only do 5 salats a day. Do you recall reading anything like that does it sound familiar?:) :)

MuslimaH~SistaH
12-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Assalamu alykom,

Fi Aman Allah

Wa alaikum assalam.

I'm really agree with U,'50 posts is Too much,and ofcourse it will take long time.

gladTidings
12-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Im not complaining.... one more to go :P

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Warrioress
Im not complaining.... one more to go :P
***Inshallah***
***MaSalaama***

TabTabiun
12-27-2005, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
Salams Again :sister: as u probably already know I've already respond to your thread earlier but I have to add this. I was washing dishes and you remind me of something I read about the Prophet Muhamad (SAW) and please don't misunderstand me The Prophet(SAW) was asked to lower the number of salats that was requested it was 100 (i think) and he asked until it was required to only do 5 salats a day. Do you recall reading anything like that does it sound familiar?:) :)
As-Salaam Walikum_ Yes I also HEARD Something like this I also read it in the footnotes (i.e. the notes located at the bottom of the pages of The Holy Quran.
***MaSalaama***:peace: .

SunniMuslimah
12-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Dear sis Rabiyyah,

Thanks for your posts, what i know that prayers were 50 and then were reduced to 5 only but with the reward of 50. This was a big mercy from Allah swt, alhamdulellah :sister:

The dishes, i know how hard is doing them esp. in winter, brrrrr. :coolsis:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

SunniMuslimah
12-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey, this is my Post #50, i'm a memeber now, but fortunately i'm leaving this forum, they are not tolerant! :skeleton:

I did a mistake and apologised, but they gave me a warning, a warning to a Muslim sister! what a Muslim brotherhood?!!

Mohammad and other guys I withdraw my apology! You deserve more than what i said! Have fun!!

[content removed]

Bye!

Far7an
12-28-2005, 11:09 AM

I did a mistake and apologised, but they gave me a warning, a warning to a Muslim sister! what a Muslim brotherhood?!!
hmm, So just because you are a muslim sister, we should not give warnings to you?

Please read our Forum Rules and also Warning levels. If any of the rules are broken, your warning level will be raised, we do not make any exceptions.

In your case you broke the following rule.

Questioning/protesting rules, or moderator's action, in public 20% warning
by saying the following..

I cant believe that to ban a christian user, u have to delete the Muslims informative posts, this is what Muhamed, moderator did!! I need a justification!
If at any time you feel one of the staff's actions was not justified, feel free to pm them and discuss it there InshaAllah.
i'm leaving this forum, they are not tolerant!
Indeed we are not tolerant of the behaviour which you have shown, your attitude is summed up in your final comment in the previous post which I edited out.

May Allah guide us all, aameen.

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 12:10 PM
:sl: hey its hard to get 50 posts ....for a regular poster it will take weeks ....its took me a few good hours but anyways i havent seen a forum as alive as this for a long time so i suppose its all worth it .....wasalams .....hey do you get a free umrah with your member privelages....ammeeeeen to that ... hehhehhehe

yeh man
all say ameeeeeeeeeeen :w:

Shadow
12-28-2005, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Andaraawus
:sl: hey its hard to get 50 posts ....for a regular poster it will take weeks ....its took me a few good hours but anyways i havent seen a forum as alive as this for a long time so i suppose its all worth it .....wasalams .....hey do you get a free umrah with your member privelages....ammeeeeen to that ... hehhehhehe

yeh man
all say ameeeeeeeeeeen :w:

lol wow bro u did a good job mashAllah :)

and about that umrah thingy :p

nope no free umrah get a way ticket

but there are other benefits like the brothers section where we can just chill out and talk which ever way we want to and never get banned ;)

feel the brotherhood :D

Andaraawus
12-28-2005, 12:35 PM
i do admit that some mods can be a little nicer ...pms are a good idea ....thankx to all the mods that have pmed me already about my conduct on the forum ....i prefer that...its a lot better than being publically humilated in front of the whole board .....

i hope no offence has been taken ....wasalams

Angel
01-07-2006, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimaH~SistaH
Wa alaikum assalam.

I'm really agree with U,'50 posts is Too much,and ofcourse it will take long time.
yeah me to i just joined and only posted wel about 3 i think and im thinking to my self how wil u ever get to 50!!!!!!!!! i mean 50!!!! wooow dats sooooooo manny oh well i guess i wil just have to post every single night loool until im up to 50 (sighs) well at least you reached 22 sister well done only 28 to goo nice i hop u the best dont think ur low on ur post imagine me im only to my 3 posts loool hoow saaaaad...... well good luck and insha allah u wil reach up to 50 dont depress ur self sister:)
always smile for allah is always watching you be haapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concealed Pearl
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I know! 50 is wayyyy too much, I don't think I've replied to so many posts as I have on this forum. lol..

cleo
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I am not a computer genius, and getting around the site is a learning of roads. I am not even aribic, but I am learning also the language, as I reason, it is not that hard. I am happy, I am muslim, speak English, and Finnish. A little lost, but found finally found my way in Islam....The point is this is my 4th reply, I have a long road ahead...

- Qatada -
01-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

First of all, i think its important you know why we have the 50posts limit. Theres quite a few reasons; but the main two are because most people used to listen to the nasheeds without contributing to the forum, which meant we had less members helping to build/unite the muslims, but instead - the majority just registered to play the nasheeds.

The other reason why we have this limit (which may seem like alot) is for a good/safe reason, its because a brother or a sister could pretend to be a person from the opposite gender and easily access the chatrooms or the gender sections. So instead - the rule of 50posts makes it harder for a person whos trying to immitate the opposite gender - to get into the chatrooms or into they wrong gender room for 'spying' purposes.

I'll give you a tip though, try reading a few posts in the 'basics of islam' section and just give a small paragraph/few sentences after every article you read to explain how you benefited from it. trust me, insha Allaah you'll be a full member really soon, and before you even expect it.

jazak Allaah khayr.

..and Allaah Almighty is the Source of All Strength.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Aisha20
01-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Congratxs!! u got 50 sistaa

Angel
01-08-2006, 05:52 PM
well since you put it dat way brother fi_sabilillah i guess ur write but what if somepeople are genuine ,what if they are not just here for the nasheeds but also to enjoy this forum and want to talk to others get to kno them and want to visist other important forums dat you not allowed if ur a limited member.anywaz as i said before ur right and i respect the rules, but this is wat happened to me someone send me a private message but i couldnt read it cuz im not a full memeber ,and well i was a bit sad cuz i realy wanted to read it,oh well i gues i will just have to start working hard to achieve 50!!! posts, even though i think i wont be able to oh well gues i wil have to try my best.

Wasalam :)

....Allah is the Greates.......And the creater of all things

sapphire
01-08-2006, 06:15 PM
^^^huh? u can read pms when ur a limited member but u can only store one so when u recieve or send u delete as you go along!!!

mehnaz
01-08-2006, 06:21 PM
yea even i think the 50 posts thing is a lil too much and dont ask me abt how irritating the limited pm storage was...arrrrgghhhhh...:heated:

sapphire
01-08-2006, 06:28 PM
ah but i never noticed being a limited member....because as i got posting i enjoyed it...so before long i was over 50 posts........so now im addicted to the forum.....

shanu
01-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Salam everyone
Actually i didnt know what is a nasheed at 1st, i guess its islamic songs:?
But i joined this forum because i dont have anyone here to clarify my doubts about prayers n islam, so this place has been really helpful to me, and i like learning on this sites. But now im curious, i shall go and check what nasheeds really are! ;D

Angel
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
:rollseyes
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
tht was changed later, now they can recv/send PMs to/from the STAFF.

yeah but i couldnt im not jokin realy dats y im sooo unhapppy about the 50 posts cuz u cant do soo many things dat u want:rant:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.