/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ((Eid prayer for Muslim women??))

Rukayat
12-28-2005, 02:01 AM
:sl: Brothers and sisters

I have a question....Is there any eid prayer for Muslim women??........because the previous eid one of my Muslim sister asked me whether i was going to Masjid and offer my eid prayer there........i told her I didn't know anything about this and I don't go to Masjid........so if there is any eid prayer for Muslim women .... how is it offered? ........ as I don't go to Masjid so I might offer it at home...

Peace

Your Sis,
-Rukayat-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Desai
12-28-2005, 04:07 AM
:sl:
It is not compulsory on a female to attend the Eid prayer. Similarly, for all
other Salaats, Shari'ah has encouraged women to read their Salaat at home.
:w:

Rukayat
12-28-2005, 04:43 AM
:sl: bro....
thx for the info bro .... actually I didn't know anything abt the eid prayer for women so just thought of asking you peepz...

Peace

S_87
12-28-2005, 04:28 PM

eid prayer is sunnah for women and if they are able -go.
in the time of Muhammed :arabic5: even the menstruating women used to go...

narrated by al-Tirmidhi: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to bring out the virgins, adolescent girls, women in seclusion and menstruating women on the two Eids, but the menstruating women were to keep away from the prayer place and witness the gathering of the Muslims. One of them said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if she does not have a jilbaab?” He said, “Then let her sister lend her one of her jilbaabs.”

narrated by al-Nasaa’i, Hafsah bint Sireen said: Umm ‘Atiyyah hardly ever mentioned the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) but she would say, “May my father be sacrificed for him.” I said, “Did you hear the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say such and such,” and she said, “Yes, may my father be sacrificed for him, and he said, ‘Let the adolescent girls, women in seclusion and menstruating women come out to attend Eid and witness the gathering of the Muslims, but let the menstruating women avoid the prayer place.’” Bukhaari,

sister if you can go, go. :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rukayat
12-29-2005, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

eid prayer is sunnah for women and if they are able -go.
in the time of Muhammed :arabic5: even the menstruating women used to go...

narrated by al-Tirmidhi: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to bring out the virgins, adolescent girls, women in seclusion and menstruating women on the two Eids, but the menstruating women were to keep away from the prayer place and witness the gathering of the Muslims. One of them said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if she does not have a jilbaab?” He said, “Then let her sister lend her one of her jilbaabs.”

narrated by al-Nasaa’i, Hafsah bint Sireen said: Umm ‘Atiyyah hardly ever mentioned the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) but she would say, “May my father be sacrificed for him.” I said, “Did you hear the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say such and such,” and she said, “Yes, may my father be sacrificed for him, and he said, ‘Let the adolescent girls, women in seclusion and menstruating women come out to attend Eid and witness the gathering of the Muslims, but let the menstruating women avoid the prayer place.’” Bukhaari,

sister if you can go, go. :thumbs_up

InshaAllah I'll go this time......

Peace

Halima
12-29-2005, 12:36 AM

Eid prayers are not encouraged to be done at home. The prophet(saw) has encouraged all muslim women to go out and attain her Eid prayers.

Îd prayers may not (strongly emphasize NOT) be offered at home. They must be offered in congregation with the community.

Neither may a woman offer her `Îd prayers at home. The Prophet (peace be upon him) ordered all women to go out to the prayer area for `Îd. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (324) and Sahîh Muslim (890)]

Therefore, no one can claim that a woman’s home is better for her when it comes to the `Îd prayers, though this is the case for other prayers. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from the mosques of Allah, though their homes are better for them.” [Musnad Ahmad (5468) and Sunan Abî Dâwûd (567)]

Therefore, all of a woman’s prayers are better for her if she offers them at home except for the `Îd prayers. She may not pray these prayers at home. She must go to the place where the `Îd prayers are being held if she is able to do so.

If, for some reason, a person is unable to attend, then he should simply not offer the `Îd prayer, since it is not an individual obligation. It is a collective obligation on the community (fard kifâyah); if some people offer it, the rest of the community does not have to.

:w:

Rukayat
12-29-2005, 12:44 AM
InshaAllah sis
and jazakAllah for the info :)

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.