/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you earn reputation points?

afriend
12-29-2005, 07:32 PM
What do you have to do 2 earn reputation points? Because I haven't got a clue what it does...
Please ellaborate.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
12-29-2005, 07:35 PM
salam alaikum

its just an indication of the amount of good posts you make and how much people have appretiated your efforts in making posts

when you make a good post and people who like it can give you reputation by clicking the

button on top of your avatar..

If people disapprove of what you wrote they can press the

button

Its simply a nice way of showing appretiation :)

Infact check your CP I gave you some reps just for demonstration

Muezzin
12-29-2005, 07:36 PM
:sl:

Whenever you make a particularly good remark, other members might choose to award you reputation points as a reward :)

However, asking for reputation points in threads is not allowed. Ya gotta just make stylish posts like zAk who has the highest rep here :coolious:

Check out your User CP area for the number of reputation points you have.

Halima
12-30-2005, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

However, asking for reputation points in threads is not allowed.

There is a rule for that please see:

Asking for reps in public 5% warning

So becareful not to ask reps in public, because you may get a warning for that. Nothing comes easy. If I were to tell you that you gets reps by the easy way than I'm lying. The best way for people to notice your posts is to show the best forum ettiqutte please read here:

General Forum rules

1 Help build an e-Muslim community that supports each other, and promotes the Islamic image..
2. The purpose of this forum is to educate non-Muslims and Muslims about Islam and its tenets.
3. When quoting an article, story, poem, review or any written material, you must mention the author, if known to you, and the source from which you copied these materials. Give credit to where it belongs.
4. Please refrain from typing extremely huge letters in order to get your message through.
5. Symbols and incomprehensible text speak are not allowed to be used in your posts.
6. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.

........and you'll be all set insha'Allah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimahsays_hi
01-01-2006, 07:41 AM
for some reason I only see the red box above a post, only certain ones have a green one.. is there a reason?

Khaldun
01-01-2006, 08:06 AM

At the moment you havent reached 50 posts, so your still a limited member unfortnatly Are you a limited member?, but inshAllah keep posting and soon all the privleges of being a full member will open up for you, and LI will be much better (if thats possible lol) :brother:

afriend
01-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah...I suffered the same consequences of being a limited user...U didn't hav much 2 do but to post and keep posting until u reach 50 posts.

I'll giv u som reps just 4.....well u know.....

sumay28
01-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey I only see 5 comments in the user CP... no way to read all of them, huh?

swanlake
01-05-2006, 11:09 AM

How do you check who gave you the reps? I went to CP, but then what?

MetSudaisTwice
01-05-2006, 11:12 AM
salam
sis it should say on the top, first thing, latest reputation received
wasalam

swanlake
01-05-2006, 11:38 AM

Jazaakallahu kheyr brother metsudias. Thanks for the reps. This is very nice way to know that your posts are appreciated. :)

Angel
01-08-2006, 06:09 PM
salam ,well:) u guys are lucky im stil a limited memeber its very hard i just joined this forum but its great and very challenging dont be shocked but i only posted about 3 or 2 i think ;D now all i think is about is some how reaching upto 50 which by the way is NOT EASY!( shrugles) gotta work hard i guess

Wasalam..

May the peace and blessing of allah be upone you allah

(THE DAY OF JUGEMENT IS NEAR SO WORK HARD AND PRAY TO ALLAH )

hidaayah
01-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Assalam u Alaikum..
what is rep "power''??

hidaayah
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
yes..and how do i increase my rep power?
Assalam u Alaikum

Halima
01-09-2006, 01:24 PM

Like for instance if someone else gives you rep points and it depends on how much rep power they they have then you will recieve the same.

:w:

hidaayah
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
ok..jazakallah sis..:)

Halima
01-09-2006, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A sister
ok..jazakallah sis..:)

If you have any questions with all due respect please ask (inshallah).

Angel
01-11-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
NOT EASY ? :? who says ?
I Disagree :rolleyes:

p.s : try haaaaard ! but dont SPAM :)
well brother Zak some of us have better things to do than hang around the pc all day :grumbling(shakes head angrily) so u shouldnt say its easy cuz some pple find it hard posting evrysingle day!!!! and u should incorrege them not discorrege

Walasam

Takumi
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
it's easy. unlike me, i gotta be straightforward, blunt, and straight in your face, and if some people who can't distinguish between personal based post and issue base post, they might neg rep you. I probably won't reach 22 rep power.

Heed my advice, if you really want to have high rep points, don't do what I do. Trust me, I KNOW

hmm...whose line was it that says, rep points doesn't mean anything? :)

[sour grapes?] ;D

afriend
01-16-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Heed my advice, if you really want to have high rep points, don't do what I do. Trust me, I KNOW
LOL

:giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

That's right........DON'T DO WHAT HE DOES

cos people hav very sensetive minds?:?

~Mischa~
01-17-2006, 12:18 PM
i just wanna know.. do u need to be a full member to have the red and green box abover ur avater?

and how do u know who gave u rep points?.. like in my user CP ppl have left comments.. but thers no name etc.

sowi these q's probably already been answered but i just cant be bothered to go thru all the posts :okay:

Halima
01-17-2006, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mischa~
i just wanna know.. do u need to be a full member to have the red and green box abover ur avater?

This code applies to all members any members in order to recieve their reputation points. It can either be

1) good-green.

2) bad-red :)

and how do u know who gave u rep points?.. like in my user CP ppl have left comments.. but thers no name etc.

Regardless or not if anyone gives you either a good/bad rep point it will always tell the person that have given you that. There are 4 categories as shown below:

1) Comment

2) The person that posted the last rep

3) Date

4) The name of the thread that you have gotten the rep point.

Demonstration as shown here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq/webs...utation_system

sowi these q's probably already been answered but i just cant be bothered to go thru all the posts :okay:

Honestly, no one else has reported this kind of case before. Maybe you have overlooked.

Allahu 3alam. (and Allah(swt) knows best.)

The Ruler
01-22-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah but i v a few questions...

what is rep power?

and wat happens if the warning bar is ful?

i hope it is not off topic...bcuz it is sort of related to the posts above.

Rabi'ya
01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Your rep power is 6 - so if you give rep to someone else it will add 6 rep points to their rep.

if your warning bar is full u will be banned

Rabi'ya:rose:

The Ruler
01-22-2006, 01:59 PM
^^ u mean banned 4eva? :?

hamzaa
02-15-2006, 12:08 AM
:sl: good thing came across this thread as had no idea regarding to rep points

hamzaa
02-15-2006, 12:09 AM
btw, possible to find out whos been giving you rep points?

hamzaa
02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
salaam

jazakallah for the link

The Ruler
02-18-2006, 12:22 PM
wat does the bar below 'rep power' indicate? :?

The Ruler
02-18-2006, 12:29 PM
[MAD]
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
[/MAD]

does dis mean i cant giv rep until 2moro? :grumbling

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.