/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sigs

Z
01-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Salaam. Peace and greetings moderators.

I've noticed that members now have some animated sigs or whatever you call them. It comes to my attention that they really slow the forum down. Some of them are very badly framed, the image causes the page to jerk as you scroll past it.

I don't have a problem with animated sigs, but some are just huge and bulky and really get on my nerves when they cause the page to jerk as I scroll past them.

I'm sure we all want quick loading times, and hassle free scrolling through pages. Hopefully you would consider this issue, and resolve it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A7med
01-01-2006, 02:05 PM
salaam (peace)

it may jurk coz of the scroll bars where the sigs are........
other wise it works and loads fine with me :S

Z
01-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Salaam.

If you look at the file sizes of some of the animated sigs, you'll find they are huge. Not suitable at all.

sonz
01-01-2006, 02:53 PM
it works fine for me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z
01-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Salaam.

What browser are you using?

sonz
01-01-2006, 03:13 PM
firefox

Z
01-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Salaam.

There you are then. Justice needs to be done for I.E.

Muezzin
01-01-2006, 03:55 PM
:sl:

I'm using Internet Explorer, and it doesn't slow down for me. It does jerk a tiny bit if you scroll down the scroll bar within my sig though.

afriend
01-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Brother just use the side scroll bar to scroll down...I'm having the same problem as well but I think sigs are....well....what shows who that person is...It's like sayin take your 'Muslim cap' off because I can't see your hairstyle and it takes me too long to see what coloured hair you have etc.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way bro.

Do u hav a fast connection? download firefox from this website..It also does free Quraan downloads too quran.mangga.com

Hope this helps....Also the sizes can be considered, All users using a sig with big file size can compress their files using zip

afriend
01-02-2006, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
I think tht's coz u hv a lesser RAM :brother:
But it's not slow 4 me......I hav the problem that it jerks when I scroll down pages....otherwise it's fine 4 me......

:coolious:

:peace:

bluff master
01-09-2006, 05:53 PM
why can i have sig more than 300 words. ADMIN please change the settings alteast keep it to 1000 words max

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-10-2006, 01:40 PM

That would be like making ur own personal page^^^^ we already have that feature here.

:w:

bluff master
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ã…hmed

That would be like making ur own personal page^^^^ we already have that feature here.

:w:

nope just want more space in sig

Far7an
01-10-2006, 01:47 PM

We need to consider all those who don't have fast pc's or fast internet connections, like poor zAk in India. The forum slows down for them, so the character limit will not be lifted in the signature area. :)

bluff master
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

We need to consider all those who don't have fast pc's or fast internet connections, like poor zAk in India. The forum slows down for them, so the character limit will not be lifted in the signature area. :)

well i m only going to put the text no pics

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.