/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Punishment in the grave

Umm Safiya
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
:sl:

Hizb ut-Tahrir tell me that punishment in the grave is not part of the aqeedah..
Other ppl tell me different..

What is true? Is punishment in the grave a part of the aqeedah or not, and plz explain why..

Barak Allâhu fikum..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
01-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Assalamu'alaikum
Punishment in the grave is no doubt part of the Aqeedah, why? this is because that the punishment of the grave has been reported thru authentic hadeeth, and so, we must beleive in it. Rasululllah peace be upon him used to make du'a to Allah to save him from the trials of the grave. There are many hadeeth which report the punishment of the grave. Take for example the hadeeth in which the questioning of the dead is reported, if the person is not able to answer to the questions 'who is your Lord?" then the angels will take an iron bar and hit him with it on the head. This is of course punishment.
Sister, anything which is mentioned in the Qur'an and sunnah, must be taken as part of our Aqidah. If we deny something after it has been reported in the sunnah then it is kufr.
The punishment of the grave is indeed true and indeed part of our Aqeedah. Rasululllah peace be upon him would have not ordered us to make du'a in our every Salaah to Allah to save us from the fitnah's of death for no reason now would he? Na'udhubillah.

Wassalam

- Qatada -
01-01-2006, 08:56 PM
:wasalamex

The punishment of the grave is part of our aqeedah sister. Like sister asilah has said above - anything that is in the qur'an and ahadith is part of our aqeedah..

One hadith which gives proof that there is punishment in the grave is:

Aa'isha (r.a) narrated that:

Two old ladies from among the Jewish ladies entered upon me and said, "The dead are punished in their graves," but I thought they were telling a lie and did not believe them in the beginning. When they went away and the Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) entered upon me, I said, "O Allah's Apostle! (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) Two old ladies..." and told him the whole story. He said, "They told the truth; the (sinful) dead are really punished, to the extent that all the animals hear (the sound resulting from) their punishment." Since then I always saw him seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of the grave in his prayers. [Sahih Bukhari. Vol 8:#377]

check this link out for more hadith regarding the punishment of the grave.

http://www.road-to-heaven.com/fr19.htm

And this fatwa:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543856

wa Allaahu a'lam.

:salamext:

Umm Safiya
01-01-2006, 09:03 PM

Barak Allâhu fikum!
It's because, I take some lessons from Hizb ut-Tahrir to get some basic knowledge about the human natur, the existense of a Creator etc etc, and they say that they believe in punishment in the grave, but it is not a part of our aqeedah, because it only was described in ahadeeth.. I didn't understand that..
But what do I tell them then? I can show them the ahadeeth, but they will just say; it's not a part of aqeedah because it is only in a hadeeth, not the qur'ân.. So.. :S

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
01-01-2006, 09:06 PM

:wasalamex

O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger, and do not make your deeds of no effect. (47:33)

Whatever Allah has given to HIS Messenger as spoils from the people of the towns, it is for Allah and for the Messenger and for the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, in order that it may not circulate only among those of you who are rich. And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain from it. And fear Allah, surely, Allah is Severe in retribution. (59:08)

Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much (33:21)

:salamext:

Umm Safiya
01-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Alllllrighty, barak Allâhu fiik akhee!

M H Kahn
01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
:hiding:

Severe punishment for the unforgiven and happy sleep for the forgivenin the grave are a part of our Aqidah, as these are supported by many Hadith.

cool_jannah
03-03-2006, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ms. Amira

Barak Allâhu fikum!
It's because, I take some lessons from Hizb ut-Tahrir to get some basic knowledge about the human natur, the existense of a Creator etc etc, and they say that they believe in punishment in the grave, but it is not a part of our aqeedah, because it only was described in ahadeeth.. I didn't understand that..
But what do I tell them then? I can show them the ahadeeth, but they will just say; it's not a part of aqeedah because it is only in a hadeeth, not the qur'ân.. So.. :S

Dont learn Islam from people like these. If they say that we have to follow only Qur'an and not Hadeeth...they are simply out of Islam. Believeing in Hadeeth is a part of our Aqeedah... Hadeeth were also revelations from Allah in a different way...It is the part of Dhikr that Allah has promised to protect.
Who is Hizbutahreer any way? they dont seem to know much about Islam if they dont believe the punishment of grave is a part of our aqeedah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.