× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 22 visibility 3800
  1. #1
    theplains's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    153
    Threads
    22
    Rep Power
    52
    Rep Ratio
    18
    Likes Ratio
    3

    Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    Report bad ads?

    Hello,

    I had a question about this passage - "And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a
    son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All
    are subservient unto Him".

    Did these people believe Allah took unto himself a son through a sexual way with
    a woman?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    Quote Quote

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Tyrion's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,049
    Threads
    57
    Rep Power
    83
    Rep Ratio
    86
    Likes Ratio
    21

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    Not necessarily, no. I think it just exemplifies the special relationship Jesus was given with God in Christianity, as his Son. This is something Muslims have always rejected.
    Quote Quote

  4. #3
    Woodrow's Avatar
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Grant County, Minnesota
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    17,217
    Threads
    244
    Rep Power
    189
    Rep Ratio
    95
    Likes Ratio
    5

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by theplains View Post
    Hello,

    I had a question about this passage - "And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a
    son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All
    are subservient unto Him".

    Did these people believe Allah took unto himself a son through a sexual way with
    a woman?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    No we believe Mary was a Virgin and there was no sexual relationship. We do believe the birth of Jesus(as) was a miraculous birth and that Jesus(as) is The Mas'ah (Messiah) but is not the Son of God nor God nor the Savior. He is a Human Prophet and currently alive in heaven awaiting his time to return to earth and complete his earthly life. This will include among other things, witnessing against those who worshiped him, defeating the anti-Christ, destroying the crosses and Helping lead all people to Islam.
    | Likes Urban Turban liked this post
    Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    Herman 1 - Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    Quote Quote

  5. #4
    crimsontide06's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    762
    Threads
    62
    Rep Power
    59
    Rep Ratio
    49
    Likes Ratio
    39

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by theplains View Post
    Did these people believe Allah took unto himself a son through a sexual way with
    a woman?
    No, Christians believe Jesus is God in human form(the human form being called the son).
    Quote Quote

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    MustafaMc's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,039
    Threads
    28
    Rep Power
    117
    Rep Ratio
    133
    Likes Ratio
    39

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by theplains View Post
    Did these people believe Allah took unto himself a son through a sexual way witha woman?
    No, the Qur'an does not define 'son' in a normal physical or even adoptive sense, but merely negating (repeatedly and in the most adamant way) the Christian belief that Jesus is the 'only begotten Son of God.' Now as a Christian, can you define for me in what sense of the word is Jesus God's son and yet at the same time fully God himself?
    Quote Quote

  8. #6
    Abu Loren's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    413
    Threads
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    28

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by theplains View Post
    Hello,

    I had a question about this passage - "And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a
    son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All
    are subservient unto Him".

    Did these people believe Allah took unto himself a son through a sexual way with
    a woman?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    These people? The words contained in the Holy Qur'an are from God Almighty.

    It clearly states in the Holy Qur'an that Angel Jibril (Alayhi Salaam) 'breathed His spirit into Mary'. The Christians however mistake this Spirit as God Himself coming alive as Jesus (Alayhi Salaam).
    Quote Quote

  9. #7
    Logikon's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    113
    Threads
    7
    Rep Power
    53
    Rep Ratio
    14
    Likes Ratio
    11

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    I don't have any children.

    I know people who have lost children and I have given them sympathy.

    It is said that I cannot possibly know what it is like to lose a child without a child of my own.

    So, the Christians say that god sent his son, Jesus. So when Jesus died on the cross, god as a parent could feel the loss of a child.
    Quote Quote

  10. #8
    MustafaMc's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,039
    Threads
    28
    Rep Power
    117
    Rep Ratio
    133
    Likes Ratio
    39

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Logikon View Post
    So, the Christians say that god sent his son, Jesus. So when Jesus died on the cross, god as a parent could feel the loss of a child.
    In what capacity was Jesus God's son? Was it literal, physical, adoptive, spiritual, metaphorical, symbolic, imaginative, other? What meaning or definition of the word 'son' can be applied to Jesus relative to God? Words are more than an assemblage of letters as they are meant to convey a meaning that is understood by others. What meaning for 'son' applies in this situation?
    | Likes Indian Bro liked this post
    Quote Quote

  11. #9
    Logikon's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    113
    Threads
    7
    Rep Power
    53
    Rep Ratio
    14
    Likes Ratio
    11

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc View Post
    In what capacity was Jesus God's son?
    In the capacity that god is all powerful and can do anything.

    The belief is literal.

    It is a Christian belief, not my belief. I am trying to help you understand.
    Quote Quote

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Abu Loren's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    413
    Threads
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    28

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Logikon View Post
    In the capacity that god is all powerful and can do anything.

    The belief is literal.

    It is a Christian belief, not my belief. I am trying to help you understand.
    Logikon is right. The Christians believe that Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) is the begotten son of God. They fail to realise or understand that Jesus' birth was a miracle and a sign for the Children of Israel to believe in God again. They rejected him and God rejected them. When Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) returns to defeat the Dajjal the Christians will go to him and say (paraphrasing) "Lord, Lord haven't we prophecied in your name and worked wonders?" and Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) will reply "Get away from me you work of inequity".
    Quote Quote

  14. #11
    Karl's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Antipodes
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,292
    Threads
    13
    Rep Power
    78
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    16

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    If Jesus (PBUH) was the son of Allah he would be a Demi God like Hercules the Demi God son of Zeus and a human woman. And since Islam is monotheistic it cannot emulate paganism. Maybe Jesus (PBUH) being the "son of God" sold better to the pagans and heathens because if the early Christians just said he was a magic Hebrew and a Prophet, the pagans and heathens would just laugh at them but "son of God" sounds grand and pagans and heathens love grandeur. The little Hebrew "Prince of peace" becomes a warlord of Christiandom, emulating Thor and Hercules in the minds of the Western converts.
    | Likes Al-Mufarridun liked this post
    Quote Quote

  15. #12
    Logikon's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    113
    Threads
    7
    Rep Power
    53
    Rep Ratio
    14
    Likes Ratio
    11

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    The only way to get a miracle birth is for god to put the embryo into the tummy of Mary.

    So, "the son of god" kinda makes more sense than "it happened by accident".
    Quote Quote

  16. #13
    Al-Mufarridun's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    626
    Threads
    33
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Ratio
    130
    Likes Ratio
    66

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    If Jesus (PBUH) was the son of Allah he would be a Demi God like Hercules the Demi God son of Zeus and a human woman. And since Islam is monotheistic it cannot emulate paganism. Maybe Jesus (PBUH) being the "son of God" sold better to the pagans and heathens because if the early Christians just said he was a magic Hebrew and a Prophet, the pagans and heathens would just laugh at them but "son of God" sounds grand and pagans and heathens love grandeur. The little Hebrew "Prince of peace" becomes a warlord of Christiandom, emulating Thor and Hercules in the minds of the Western converts.
    For one to better understand how much the earlier beliefs of the Greeks, Romans, Ancient Egyptians influenced Christianity, one needs ot study the beliefs of those people prior to Christianity.
    Quote Quote

  17. #14
    Abu Loren's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    413
    Threads
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    28

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun View Post
    For one to better understand how much the earlier beliefs of the Greeks, Romans, Ancient Egyptians influenced Christianity, one needs ot study the beliefs of those people prior to Christianity.
    There was no way the Romans were coming on board without their religion of polytheism. So what better way than merging the two to form a new religion.

    Also I don't if people are aware but there was a power struggle in early Christianity between the true followers of Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) and the Trinitarians. Of course, the Trinitarians won the day with the backing of the mighty Roman Empire. Isn't it funny how Christianity is still ruled from Rome?
    | Likes Al-Mufarridun liked this post
    Quote Quote

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    muslimah bird's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Full Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On a journey to the aakhirah
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    321
    Threads
    2
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Ratio
    31
    Likes Ratio
    18

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    The only way to get a miracle birth is for god to put the embryo into the tummy of Mary.So, "the son of god" kinda makes more sense than "it happened by accident".
    Not necessarily The example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was. Allah can create million Jesus and Adams without father and mother
    Quote Quote

  20. #16
    Abu Loren's Avatar
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    413
    Threads
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Ratio
    40
    Likes Ratio
    28

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    Just had an after thought....Saul of Tarsus or St. Paul as the Christians call him was a Jew but he was also a Roman Citizen. My conspiracy theory alarm bells are ringing.
    Quote Quote

  21. #17
    Karl's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Antipodes
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,292
    Threads
    13
    Rep Power
    78
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    16

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren View Post
    There was no way the Romans were coming on board without their religion of polytheism. So what better way than merging the two to form a new religion.

    Also I don't if people are aware but there was a power struggle in early Christianity between the true followers of Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) and the Trinitarians. Of course, the Trinitarians won the day with the backing of the mighty Roman Empire. Isn't it funny how Christianity is still ruled from Rome?
    True and then the Holy Roman Empire started to fall as the Germanic heathen hordes, Vandals among them sacked Rome and drifted south to Carthage. The Empire is split and Romans go to New Rome Byzantium. The Germanic heathens settle in Italy and surrounds and adopt Christianity as it unifies the heathen horde under one God so things are getting very messy by now with the peoples interpretation of the words of Jesus as most are illiterate and ignorant and later Martin Luther rocks the boat. So Christianity has been through the mill and is so complicated and divided. I think it is used more for political power and a form of governance rather than a faith and a way of life following the Gospels of Jesus. Not to be one eyed, Islam has also been used this way ie Genghis Khan a barbaric heathen, once he had conquered enough of China settled down and made it an Islamic Kingdom.
    Quote Quote

  22. #18
    Karl's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Antipodes
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,292
    Threads
    13
    Rep Power
    78
    Rep Ratio
    13
    Likes Ratio
    16

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Loren View Post
    Just had an after thought....Saul of Tarsus or St. Paul as the Christians call him was a Jew but he was also a Roman Citizen. My conspiracy theory alarm bells are ringing.
    Jesus was Jewish, his disciples were Jewish and they were in a Jewish town in a Jewish country! Start panicking.
    The Jews were under the Roman empire. King Herod was the boyhood close friend of emperor Claudius. Rome controlled the Jews but also gave them protection just like the USA protects the sellouts in Afghanistan.
    Quote Quote

  23. #19
    Al-Mufarridun's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    626
    Threads
    33
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Ratio
    130
    Likes Ratio
    66

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Not to be one eyed, Islam has also been used this way ie Genghis Khan a barbaric heathen, once he had conquered enough of China settled down and made it an Islamic Kingdom.
    With respect to the Mongols, it is bit different. The Mongols conquered lands that were Muslim to begin with, and it was after 3 Generations, long after the Khan was dead that, segments of the Mongols embraced Islam. Genghis never used Islam as a political method to rule. The Mongols who ruled china for example, Kublai Khan, never converted to Islam.
    Quote Quote

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Independent's Avatar
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    1,123
    Threads
    3
    Rep Power
    55
    Rep Ratio
    31
    Likes Ratio
    13

    Re: Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son

    format_quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    True and then the Holy Roman Empire started to fall as the Germanic heathen hordes, Vandals among them sacked Rome and drifted south to Carthage. The Empire is split and Romans go to New Rome Byzantium. The Germanic heathens settle in Italy and surrounds and adopt Christianity as it unifies the heathen horde under one God
    I think your history is a little off here. The Holy Roman Empire was founded in the 10th century, some 500-600 years later, and had little to do with Classical Rome. The Vandals captured Carthage first, and then Rome. The Romans didn't 'go' to Constantinople, they were already there - it was just that the western half of the empire ceased to exist. And it wasn't the Vandals who tried to unite under a monotheistic religion, but Constantine.
    Quote Quote


  26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sura 2:116 - they say Allah took unto himself a son
Sign Up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create