× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 18 of 18 visibility 1297
  1. #1
    MearazAhmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Report bad ads?

    So I am a Bengali Muslim. I have began to see differences in worshiping (slight differences) my father says that they are wahibis and we are not. I believe that the other type is more accurate(Wahabi). But, he says that the justification through hadith was created by the Saudi family when they cane to power. Please help.

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    فصيح الياسين's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    456
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    473
    Rep Power
    35
    Likes (Given)
    317
    Likes (Received)
    149

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    ............choose any path but leads u to allah to come closer to him. In wahabism or in ahle sunnah.

    Though i am extremly against wahibism stuff
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    قال النبي محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم:*الـحياءُ شُعْبَةٌ مِنَ الاِيِمَانِ*
    و قال ايضا:*الحياء لاياتى الا بخير
    و قال ايضا:*اذا لم تستحي،فاصنع ما شئت*

  4. #3
    Anny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    5
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    116
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    I dont know the different between wahhabi n ahli sunnah or even with salafi. I only learn Islam from source tht I trust so I never know abt its all. Only for sunni, shia/shiite, n ahmadiyah I make differentiation bcz those are really different. So if I say im sunny, can I be salafi, ahli sunnah, or wahhabi? Plz help to explain.
    | Likes 500yardsoffo liked this post

  5. #4
    فصيح الياسين's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    456
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    473
    Rep Power
    35
    Likes (Given)
    317
    Likes (Received)
    149

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Salafi and wahabis are same they dnt do taqleed of any imam. While ahle sunnah do taqleed of any one of four imams.. so u can see difference thn
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    قال النبي محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم:*الـحياءُ شُعْبَةٌ مِنَ الاِيِمَانِ*
    و قال ايضا:*الحياء لاياتى الا بخير
    و قال ايضا:*اذا لم تستحي،فاصنع ما شئت*

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Huzaifah ibn Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,255
    Threads
    45
    Reputation
    14091
    Rep Power
    85
    Likes (Given)
    1207
    Likes (Received)
    3177

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    The term "Wahhaabism" is a myth. The people who use the term "Wahhaabi" don't even know what it means. Ask them to define "Wahhaabi". It is a term used by people with very little brains.

    It was originally coined by the British and was used to refer to those who follow Shaykh Muhammad ibn `Abdil Wahhaab an-Najdi. The term "Wahhaabi" was coined by them because they are Kuffaar who don't know that "Al-Wahhaab" is one of the Names of Allaah Ta`aalaa, thus to call someone a "Wahhaabi" is both incorrect and an insult to the Name of Allaah Ta`aalaa.

    For a person who defines "Wahhaabi" as someone who doesn't follow a Madh-hab: Obviously, this person hasn't studied anything, because:

    1) Shaykh Muhammad ibn `Abdil Wahhaab himself followed the Hanbali Madh-hab.

    2) The Shuyookh of Saudi Arabia, referred to as "Wahhaabis" by people devoid of brains and understanding, all follow the Hanbali Madh-hab for the most part.

    The Barelvi sect refers to everyone who doesn't follow their grave-worshipping cult as being a "Wahhaabi". Or rather, because they don't know how to spell and don't know Arabic, a "wahbi". They refer primarily to the `Ulamaa of Deoband as being "wahbis/vahbis".
    Last edited by Huzaifah ibn Adam; 09-15-2016 at 10:53 AM.
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا

  8. #6
    Pyrrhic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mosque
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    42
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    117
    Rep Power
    52
    Likes (Given)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W was sunni! Shia! wahabi and etc? Hazrat Umar R.A, Hazrat Ali R.A, and many other companions were suni? shia? wahabi? Even Imam Zain-ul-Abadeen R.A the top scholar of islam was suni, shia, wahabi? Luckily they were Muslims. Are we muslims? We are sunni, Shia or wahabi etc But In judgement day, Allah will do justice between these sects who was right. Try to read the life of our prophet Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W inshallah you will decide better.

  9. #7
    aaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    693
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    2710
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    491
    Likes (Received)
    497

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Wahabbism was a term coined by the british for anyone who followed the imam ibn abdul wahab as a way to ostracize them because the imam preached jihad against the these kuffars who were invading Muslim lands. Sadly, these Muslims cling to the preaching of their british raj and continue to show hatred towards their Muslim brothers based the hate propaganda their invader spread among them. plus these "wahabis" speak out against biddah that these Muslims so love to do so much, such as grave worship, pirs, dhabars, khatumul quran, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam View Post
    The term "Wahhaabism" is a myth. The people who use the term "Wahhaabi" don't even know what it means. Ask them to define "Wahhaabi". It is a term used by people with very little brains.
    I don't think insulting others is part of proper adhab in general, let alone in giving dawah.

  10. #8
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,995
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    7102
    Rep Power
    92
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    761

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    this is why I didn't choose..

    just make the most of the situations you are placed in.

    if i send daruuud upon the Prophet pbuh.

    I see no reason why i shouldn't do so if I ever get to visit his tomb..

    if only to see what others do..

    out of faith or desperation or compulsion of any kind.

    does it make a difference where you do it?

    only Allah swt knows.

    I visited a gravesite last eid..

    it was a moving experience for the paranoid.

    but it's not what happened to me that counts.
    | Likes Pyrrhic liked this post

  11. #9
    aaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    693
    Threads
    10
    Reputation
    2710
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    491
    Likes (Received)
    497

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    this is why I didn't choose..

    just make the most of the situations you are placed in.

    if i send daruuud upon the Prophet pbuh.

    I see no reason why i shouldn't do so if I ever get to visit his tomb..


    if only to see what others do..

    out of faith or desperation or compulsion of any kind.

    does it make a difference where you do it?

    only Allah swt knows.

    I visited a gravesite last eid..

    it was a moving experience for the paranoid.

    but it's not what happened to me that counts.
    There is nothing wrong in sending darood upon the prophet even at his grave in madinah masjid. However, the imams there will tell you to face towards the qibla and not the grave when you do it. Only thing you should be saying while facing the grave is "salaam" to the prophet (saw).

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,995
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    7102
    Rep Power
    92
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    761

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    good thing there are imams then lol..

    should be quite an experience God willing.


    ....although.. I guess if I prayed more then my daruuud's would be in the right direction..

    :/


    ..but while your away, al birr
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 09-15-2016 at 02:32 PM.

  14. #11
    Samiun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The dunya, where challenges are fought
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,238
    Threads
    260
    Reputation
    8518
    Rep Power
    71
    Likes (Given)
    470
    Likes (Received)
    349

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Ask them to define "Wahhaabi". It is a term used by people with very little brains.
    I disagree. It's not a myth although I see it used on people who like to say he/she is an innovator because he recites the Ya-seen on every Friday night or that Mawlid is an innovation or making Dua' after prayers is an innovation. This is what they say.

    A lot of Teachers here use that term including a Scholar who I know that have have studied for many years in a traditional Madrasah and also outside of it. They love to attack people on these things and the threat is real, the pressure is real.
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Please Make Dua' For Samiun..

    “Whoever records a biography of a believer, it is as though he has brought him or her back to life.” - Imam Al-Sakhawi

  15. #12
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,995
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    7102
    Rep Power
    92
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    761

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samiun View Post
    I disagree. It's not a myth although I see it used on people who like to say he/she is an innovator because he recites the Ya-seen on every Friday night or that Mawlid is an innovation or making Dua' after prayers is an innovation. This is what they say.

    A lot of Teachers here use that term including a Scholar who I know that have have studied for many years in a traditional Madrasah and also outside of it. They love to attack people on these things and the threat is real, the pressure is real.
    ...the struggle is real? :|

    ...well don't kill yourself over it anyway. 5 pages into ya ceen..

    it could take a while.

  16. #13
    Samiun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The dunya, where challenges are fought
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,238
    Threads
    260
    Reputation
    8518
    Rep Power
    71
    Likes (Given)
    470
    Likes (Received)
    349

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    ...the struggle is real? :|

    ...well don't kill yourself over it anyway. 5 pages into ya ceen..

    it could take a while.
    I know brother but it's very troubling to me because their argument can be very convincing and after that many people start to say about it and worse condemning people for such actions. I said it is convincing because I was convinced, once.

    I'll give you an example, I follow the Shafie' Madhab so maybe people ask me to 'go back to the Qur'an and Sunnah' because I don't derive everything I read from it's source material reference. Like you know they need proof about WHERE did you get this knowledge about(for example, how to perform Wudhu) and they will ask you to find all the Hadeeth pertaining to it and ask you to derive it. How do I do that when I am not a Muhaddithoon? It's not that simple to just google for hadeeths on Wudhu and by using your own intepretation and basic english(not arabic). That is not enough.

    Well technically everything I learned from the Ustadh/Ustadha is from the Quran and Sunnah because our Scholars(Imam As-Shafiee R.H) took time and effort to simplify things and break down things from the Qur'an and Sunnah and there's a chain of Scholars that relate to their teachers traditionally maybe more less apparent now. Allahu'Alam
    Last edited by Samiun; 09-15-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    | Likes فصيح الياسين liked this post
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Please Make Dua' For Samiun..

    “Whoever records a biography of a believer, it is as though he has brought him or her back to life.” - Imam Al-Sakhawi

  17. #14
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,995
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    7102
    Rep Power
    92
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    761

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    well... in the time of ignorance it is better to bathe often.

    only joking..

    I couldn't sell ice to the arabs!

    ...they all have refrigerators.

    with regards to wudu, I often forget also! but most places have wudu posters so I'm ok again..

    I have not noticed any major differences in how it's done.

    whoever asks you for proof should do some travelling.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Huzaifah ibn Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,255
    Threads
    45
    Reputation
    14091
    Rep Power
    85
    Likes (Given)
    1207
    Likes (Received)
    3177

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    There is a group known as "Salafis", and there are many sub-groups under it. In the Indo-Pak subcontinent, you have the group known as the "Ahle Hadees".

    The term "Wahhaabi" should not be used for either of these two groups, as it is incorrect and a misuse of the Name of Allaah Ta`aalaa, "Al-Wahhaab".
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا

  20. #16
    Zafran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth -UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,738
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    12768
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    1114
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by aaj View Post
    Wahabbism was a term coined by the british for anyone who followed the imam ibn abdul wahab as a way to ostracize them because the imam preached jihad against the these kuffars who were invading Muslim lands. Sadly, these Muslims cling to the preaching of their british raj and continue to show hatred towards their Muslim brothers based the hate propaganda their invader spread among them. plus these "wahabis" speak out against biddah that these Muslims so love to do so much, such as grave worship, pirs, dhabars, khatumul quran, etc.



    I don't think insulting others is part of proper adhab in general, let alone in giving dawah.
    Not true - History has it that the Saudi/Abdul Wahab alliance rebelled against the Caliphate of the Ottomans at the time. Later the Brits helped the saudis to break off from the Ottomans alas Lawrence of Arabia.
    | Likes فصيح الياسين liked this post
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Do you think the pious don't sin?

    They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

  21. #17
    Zafran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth -UK
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,738
    Threads
    17
    Reputation
    12768
    Rep Power
    81
    Likes (Given)
    1114
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam View Post
    The Barelvi sect refers to everyone who doesn't follow their grave-worshipping cult as being a "Wahhaabi". Or rather, because they don't know how to spell and don't know Arabic, a "wahbi". They refer primarily to the `Ulamaa of Deoband as being "wahbis/vahbis".
    You have a problem with people calling salafis "Wahhabi" and yet have no problem calling brelvis "grave worshipers"? You need to be consistent and not let your deoband affiliations cloud your judgement.
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Do you think the pious don't sin?

    They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

  22. #18
    Huzaifah ibn Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,255
    Threads
    45
    Reputation
    14091
    Rep Power
    85
    Likes (Given)
    1207
    Likes (Received)
    3177

    Re: Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    Grave-worship here is not being used as a name; it's used as a description for the acts committed by some of the members of the Barelvi group.
    Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.

    اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا


  23. Hide
Hey there! Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Wahabi, Ahli-Sunnah etc.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. The Sunnah of Custom vs. the Sunnah of Worship
    By abo mussaab in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 11:07 AM
  2. The Wahabi Myth - The Life of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab - Jalal Abualrub
    By Snowflake in forum Clarifications about Islam
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
  3. Wahabi?
    By mashqi in forum Aqeedah
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create